What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NHL Season Thread: TB wins and Kucherov loves beer (3 Viewers)

As we await details, #CBJ  David Savard has been notified he’s been traded to #tblightning

🥰🥰
@CapFriendly: 3-WAY TRADE:

Tampa Bay #Lightning:
D David Savard *
D Brian Lashoff

Columbus #BlueJackets:
2021 1st RD pick (TBL)
2022 3rd RD pick (TBL)

Detroit #RedWings:
2021 4th RD pick (TBL)

* CBJ and DET each retained 50% of Savard's cap hit, meaning that TBL is only charged $1,062,500

@charlieo_conn: Love that the Lightning know they'll be getting the best "sorta" trade deadline acquisition already in the form of Nikita Kucherov for the start of the playoffs, and they're just like, "Yeah, but what if we ALSO got the most-desired rental on the market too?" Go big or go home.

@charlieo_conn: Love that the Lightning know they'll be getting the best "sorta" trade deadline acquisition already in the form of Nikita Kucherov for the start of the playoffs, and they're just like, "Yeah, but what if we ALSO got the most-desired rental on the market too?" Go big or go home.
We love to see it 

I might be drunk, or without pants, or both (or neither) right now.

But likely all of the above to come soon.

If anyone knew what we went through as UMass hockey fans since the team returned in 1993, you literally would not believe how we are feeling right now.

National champions.

WOW! 
Congrats

If there was any question that thr Flyers need to sell, sell, sell they were answered today. 

There's ####ting the bed with a 1 goal lead but allowing three Sabres goals in last 3:03 is craptacular beyond belief.

@DarrenDreger: Some hard work getting done today in Buffalo.  Sources indicate a Taylor Hall trade is getting close at this point.

@CapFriendly: 3-WAY TRADE:

To Toronto Maple #Leafs
F Nick Foligno*
F Stefan Noesen

Columbus #BlueJackets
2021 1st RD pick (TOR)
2022 4th RD pick (TOR)

San Jose #Shareks
2021 4th RD pick (TOR)

*CBJ and SJS each retained 50% of Foligno's cap hit, meaning that TOR is only charged $1,375,000

Looks like Columbus has fully pulled the chute on their playoff aspirations, which as a Bolts fan is a big relief, because I’m not at all interested in a rubber match in the playoffs this season.

ETA: I thought they were closer to a playoff spot than they are. 

Last edited by a moderator:
@TSNBobMcKenzie: LAK players saying their goodbyes to Jeff Carter, who is off to PIT.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: LAK will be retaining salary on Carter and receiving a couple of conditional draft picks from PIT.

@DarrenDreger: Told Curtis Lazar is going to Boston from the Sabres.  Reason to believe this is part of a bigger deal. Awaiting word on Hall. Stay tuned.

@reporterchris: It seems like a good time to point out that Taylor Hall currently has the seventh-worst single season shooting percentage among all NHL players since 2013-14. The #bruins may be purchasing some regression to the mean here along with his talent at a bargain cost.

If anyone knew what we went through as UMass hockey fans since the team returned in 1993, you literally would not believe how we are feeling right now.

National champions.

WOW! 
Congrats!!

I use to play hockey with Bobby Travingo's dad and my son played on a travel team with his nephew. Bobby skated with us during our team's Father/Son game...I may have stopped him (I'm a goalie) 1 or 2 times.....maybe. lol

Seems like a good kid, hope he gets a shot at the next level. 

National champions.

WOW! 
congrats!  when you have to beat 3 Minnesota teams to do it it is extra special imo.

@CraigCustance: Scott Laughton drawing strong interest from contenders. Flyers still weighing whether to sign or trade him at this point.

So the Blackhawks have a ton of cap space to work with where they can finally take on a couple of bad contracts for assets. A complete 180 from when they were strapped with the cap for several years. But watch.......Bowman won't know what to do and won't stockpile some assets/picks with all of this cap he has. And several other teams could really use the help in moving out a bad contract, so they would be willing to pay the price.

My prediction is only a minor trade and he won't get any return. But that's okay Hawks......keep extending Bowman.

@PierreVLeBrun: Some of the details in the draft picks involved in the Jeff Carter deal:
The 3rd round pick can become a 2nd Rd pick if the Penguins reach the Cup final and Carter plays in at least 50 percent of the games.

@AntSanPhilly: Is it possible that we can see Nolan Patrick shipped to Vegas at some time in the next three hours? I think it's a real possibility. @NHLFlyers

@AntSanPhilly: 1. Not speculation. Info that came my way. Not from the Flyers though - which is why I phrased it as I did.
2. Not sure on return, but... VGK has an extra 2nd rd pick in 2021 and an extra 3rd in 2022.

@AntSanPhilly: 3. This is by no means a done deal, but I was told VGK wants a forward and one that is really affordable.
4. VGK GM Kelly McCrimmon was with Nolan in Brandon. Knows him well.

Little known fact: Magnus Chrona is the name of my favorite Gregorian Chant.

The San Jose Sharks have acquired goaltending prospect Magnus Chrona from the Tampa Bay Lightning in exchange for defender Frederik Claesson, per a report from The Athletic’s Pierre LeBrun.

Users who are viewing this thread