What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NHL Season Thread: TB wins and Kucherov loves beer (1 Viewer)

I'm so happy to see Steve Lorentz making his NHL debut tomorrow night for Carolina. He played junior here and got better and better every year, was drafted in the 7th round, went to the ECHL and by his second year was way too good for it (10 goals, 28 points in 22 games). Earned the AHL promotion and by the end of last year was lighting it up there (23 goals, 46 points in 61 games). 

He's shown such linear upward growth every single year since he was 16 years old and has had to work his ### off to earn his shot.

HockeyDB page

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmm. 

Pierre LeBrun
@PierreVLeBrun
Jim Rutherford says decision is not health-related. But won't elaborate on why he stepped down.
``I don’t think it serves anybody well. I’ve been treated first-class here and I really appreciate and respect what they’ve done for me. That’s the way I want to leave the Penguins.’’

read the most recent larry brooks article.  reading between larry’s lines is hard, but he seems to indicate an issue in the room/lack of leadership and coaching issues.  i wonder if deangelo is despised, creating tension and i wonder if quinn’s constant juggling and benchings plus the usage of johnson is a deeper issue.  anyway, i think quinn is on borrowed time and this team is lottery bound again.  need a real C2 and need to remove TDA for some LD help.

read the most recent larry brooks article.  reading between larry’s lines is hard, but he seems to indicate an issue in the room/lack of leadership and coaching issues.  i wonder if deangelo is despised, creating tension and i wonder if quinn’s constant juggling and benchings plus the usage of johnson is a deeper issue.  anyway, i think quinn is on borrowed time and this team is lottery bound again.  need a real C2 and need to remove TDA for some LD help.
I think this team can look real different towards the end of the year especially when they are already out of it

Lundkvist can step in at RD immediately just like Kandre the Giant has done. That allows them to get rid of TDA and be set with Trouba, Foxy and Lundkvist. On the left hand side, they have Kandre, Lindgren and I think Hajek gets in very soon to show what he can do.

After the KHL is done, Kravstov will come to the NHL and I think Barron gets the call up as well. Those guys replace the Blackwells on the team. 

The main issue (as you pointed out) is a the Center position. With Fil getting hurt, you can see they have no one to even call up so Howden gets the job. Not going to work. 

My armchair GM advice: Trade Kravstov, Schnieder (maybe add another D prospect like Jones) and a first rounder and get a legit top 6 center. Even if that pick is the number 1 pick, trade it. They are digging themselves into a Maple Leaf situation where guys like Kakko, Lafriniere and Miller will all be due extensions at the same time. Add in Panarin, Mika and Krieder and you have very little to spread. 

I think this team can look real different towards the end of the year especially when they are already out of it

Lundkvist can step in at RD immediately just like Kandre the Giant has done. That allows them to get rid of TDA and be set with Trouba, Foxy and Lundkvist. On the left hand side, they have Kandre, Lindgren and I think Hajek gets in very soon to show what he can do.

After the KHL is done, Kravstov will come to the NHL and I think Barron gets the call up as well. Those guys replace the Blackwells on the team

The main issue (as you pointed out) is a the Center position. With Fil getting hurt, you can see they have no one to even call up so Howden gets the job. Not going to work. 

My armchair GM advice: Trade Kravstov, Schnieder (maybe add another D prospect like Jones) and a first rounder and get a legit top 6 center. Even if that pick is the number 1 pick, trade it. They are digging themselves into a Maple Leaf situation where guys like Kakko, Lafriniere and Miller will all be due extensions at the same time. Add in Panarin, Mika and Krieder and you have very little to spread. 
Why do you want to replace your leading scorer?

(Humor me ... I've known Colin since he was playing in HS. Still did one of the classier things I've ever seen in a HS game ... they lost the Mass. state championship in OT, and somehow in the aftermath, he thought enough to find the game puck and flip it to the dad of the kid on the other team who scored the winning goal. The other kid got drafted by the IC'Canes and played at Northeastern, but never went any further.)

hmmm. 

Pierre LeBrun
@PierreVLeBrun
Jim Rutherford says decision is not health-related. But won't elaborate on why he stepped down.
``I don’t think it serves anybody well. I’ve been treated first-class here and I really appreciate and respect what they’ve done for me. That’s the way I want to leave the Penguins.’’
This would not surprise me

@colin_dunlap: I am told by multiple sources this morning Jim Rutherford was working on a Kris Letang trade to one of the teams he can be traded to. 
Ownership did not want him doing this. 
It forced an untenable situation. 
So here we are.

Read the same article, something clearly is off with this team.    We need a good line-brawl.

I think it's funny that one of the names mentioned as a GM in PIT is Hextall. Not only from a rivalry perspective, but his modus operandi doesn't fit the bill. If the Pens top management think they're still top contenders and resist trading Letang/Malkin, then somebody who believes in building the farm system through the draft and taking the long term view (successfully) isn't your guy.

remember, with the expansion draft coming up, teams are rotate some chodes and schlubs in and out to meet requirements.
Bietto needs to play 18 games. He has not played one. 

jack johnson out with a groin injury. Somethings tells me this will be an extended injury. 

Flyers defense has been shaky to be kind. They're changing things up by promoting veteran journeyman Nate Prosser from Taxi Squad. I get the desire to shake things up but that third pairing tonight....yeesh

@billmeltzer: Carter Hart in goal. Tonight's lineup below: https://twitter.com/billmeltzer/status/1354910953784160259/photo/1
Aaaaannddd after 2 periods Flyers are getting out shot 24-8 as they are seriously struggling to get the puck out of their zone.

Somehow still tied with Devils 1-1 as Carter Hart brought the A game.

Why do you want to replace your leading scorer?

(Humor me ... I've known Colin since he was playing in HS. Still did one of the classier things I've ever seen in a HS game ... they lost the Mass. state championship in OT, and somehow in the aftermath, he thought enough to find the game puck and flip it to the dad of the kid on the other team who scored the winning goal. The other kid got drafted by the IC'Canes and played at Northeastern, but never went any further.)
Assisted Laffys game winner. Heck of a pass

Texier’s shootout winner is a must see.  so bizarre Florida didn’t use Barkov in their top 4 shooters, Q making some odd decisions down there.

... I've known Colin since he was playing in HS. Still did one of the classier things I've ever seen in a HS game ... they lost the Mass. state championship in OT, and somehow in the aftermath, he thought enough to find the game puck and flip it to the dad of the kid on the other team who scored the winning goal. The other kid got drafted by the IC'Canes and played at Northeastern, but never went any further.)

Assisted Laffys game winner. Heck of a pass
Check out what Colin does immediately after the game-winner.

AV sending a message by benching Konecny tonight. Myers is back in the lineup on defense and Gustafson sits.

@charlieo_conn: AV confirms Konecny is out of the lineup tonight.

@charlieo_conn: Calls him one of their best three forwards, and he's doing some things right, but that 5v5 play isn't where it needs to be as a team, and TK's 5v5 play needs to be better. Had a convo with him this morning about it.

@charlieo_conn: AV continued: "I've addressed this with the group a couple of times. Not a couple of times, basically after every game, about our need to play better 5v5, the need to do the right things, to play the right way."

AV sending a message by benching Konecny tonight. Myers is back in the lineup on defense and Gustafson sits.

@charlieo_conn: AV confirms Konecny is out of the lineup tonight.

@charlieo_conn: Calls him one of their best three forwards, and he's doing some things right, but that 5v5 play isn't where it needs to be as a team, and TK's 5v5 play needs to be better. Had a convo with him this morning about it.

@charlieo_conn: AV continued: "I've addressed this with the group a couple of times. Not a couple of times, basically after every game, about our need to play better 5v5, the need to do the right things, to play the right way."
@IneffectiveMath: Any time you can scratch a player with this kind of impact on the game in favour of a guy playing out of position, you gotta https://twitter.com/IneffectiveMath/status/1355637793482018817/photo/1

Lightning started off slow(I blame those awful black jerseys), but currently winning, so I’m not upset.

Did Deangelo get into a post-game fight with teammate? 

Seeing Twitter rumors but no established reports.

Forgot to mention that Cal Foote scored his first NHL goal for Tampa last night, and it looked like a classic Stamkos bomb from the circle.

Did Deangelo get into a post-game fight with teammate? 

Seeing Twitter rumors but no established reports.
Three sources have confirmed to The Athletic that there was indeed an altercation involving DeAngelo and goalie Alexandar Georgiev in the tunnel that leads to the Rangers’ locker room. Incidentally, Georgiev was held out of practice for “maintenance” on Sunday. The altercation was quickly broken up.

Three sources have confirmed to The Athletic that there was indeed an altercation involving DeAngelo and goalie Alexandar Georgiev in the tunnel that leads to the Rangers’ locker room. Incidentally, Georgiev was held out of practice for “maintenance” on Sunday. The altercation was quickly broken up.
Rumor is Kreider popped Deangelo after the altercation with Georgiev.

@charlieo_conn: Just can't see anyone claiming DeAngelo. Not due to some collective moral statement, to be clear. But we're talking about a guy who apparently has burned his bridges in one locker room, has a big cap hit in a stagnant cap world, & would spark backlash in sections of your fanbase.

Users who are viewing this thread