What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NHL Season Thread: TB wins and Kucherov loves beer (2 Viewers)

QuizGuy66 said:
That team is probably Buffalo ;)

This does have a "Derrick Coleman lottery win" feel to it.  Fortunately for the Sabres the two wins in 5 years rule dossn't kick in for the lottery until next year.

Probably better off Beniers kills it in pre-draft meeting etc.  It is the kind of draft where the chalk isn't as solid a bet as, say the McDavid draft.

-QG
maybe. he's an excellent prospect, but not that excited about an Erik Johnson/Aaron Ekblad type. Hope he's more Victor Hedman at least.

QuizGuy66 said:
That team is probably Buffalo ;)

This does have a "Derrick Coleman lottery win" feel to it.  Fortunately for the Sabres the two wins in 5 years rule dossn't kick in for the lottery until next year.

Probably better off Beniers kills it in pre-draft meeting etc.  It is the kind of draft where the chalk isn't as solid a bet as, say the McDavid draft.

-QG
Beniers took a pretty nasty spill into the boards and wrecked his ankle/knee today against Slovakia. He didn't return ... certainly bears watching.

Side note - is it wrong that I don't want my team to draft Eklund because he reminds me of the crappy rumors guy on twitter?  I guess that is sorta wrong, right?

-QG

NYR: Nils Lundkvist agrees to terms

they have a lot of good young D-men.
yeah, this was kind of a no-brainer, but does leave the rangers in a bit of a dilemna

Trouba under contract for the next 4 years not going anywhere

Lindgren under contract next 3 years not going anywhere

Miller/Zac Jones both under contract next 2 years

Fox obviously not going anywhere

So that's 5 guys without mentioning Lundkvist, Hajek, Smith (if he re-signs, guess he could play forward as well), Bitetto, Robertson & Schneider.  

Team wants to get grittier and other than Schneider who is a year+ away, don't see it.  Not sure what they're going to do to break this log jam though in the interim as they have 8-9 NHL ready d-men now. 

That Colorado series is must watch TV. Tremendous hockey. Thought Vegas really outplayed the Avs tonight. Avs hung it in there and almost tied it on that Rantanen play. Most entertaining hockey of the four series going on imo

I want the Avs to win the series, but I’m glad Vegas won tonight (and they deserved it). The last thing I want is for this series to end in 4-5 games. Great stuff.

That Colorado series is must watch TV. Tremendous hockey. Thought Vegas really outplayed the Avs tonight. Avs hung it in there and almost tied it on that Rantanen play. Most entertaining hockey of the four series going on imo
It is so fast paced. you can't blink or you miss something. I swear I am drinking a six pack a period. I look for Colorado to adjust and take this next one. 

Excited to report that we are, in fact, back at the hockeyball arena. Very excited. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Sad to report that I am sitting next to “set it up” guy during the power play. 

COME ON! SET IT UP! [gestures to ice] See, they never set it up!
Sad to report I just drove an hour to show a home and listening to xm to catch the game.   Wtf is with Phil Esposito? He's like totally senile.  

Sad to report I just drove an hour to show a home and listening to xm to catch the game.   Wtf is with Phil Esposito? He's like totally senile.  
Oh man he doesn’t even know where he is half the time. I find his commentary hysterical though, it’s like watching hockey with your angry super old grandpa. 

This has to be his last year. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread