What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NHL Season Thread: TB wins and Kucherov loves beer (1 Viewer)

I spent most of my day cutting down trees in my yard, and now I’m tired, but clearly these teams have tons of energy for a barnburner. As long as the Lightning win, I don’t mind.

Oh man he doesn’t even know where he is half the time. I find his commentary hysterical though, it’s like watching hockey with your angry super old grandpa. 

This has to be his last year. 
I appreciate all he’s done for the team, but it’s time for him to hang it up.

In other news, Lightning win! 6-4, and now they’re up 3-1 in the series! It should be mentioned that the Florida series played out the same way thus far, with the Bolts winning in 6. Personally, I’d rather they do it in 5, but we’ll see.

Once again, tight game. Bs getting boned a bit by the refs but whatever. Need to stay out of the box as they are the better 5v5 team. Kill the current penalty and get an early one in the period 

6th straight series the Lightning have taken a 3-1 series lead. Nuts. 

23-9 in the playoffs since the bubble. 

6th straight series the Lightning have taken a 3-1 series lead. Nuts. 

23-9 in the playoffs since the bubble. 
Slightly concerning that in the past 3, they’ve lost Game 5. They’ve finished those series off the following game, but it would be better to win Tuesday night and move on.

At some point, people are going to figure out how to beat Playoff Carey Price, but at any rate, the fact that the lowest seed from the North is firmly in control of that division shows how they stack up.

Mackinnon touches the puck and is smothered by 2 Vegas guys. Like clockwork. 

Honestly, COL messing up on allowing that first goal really hurt their mental game. 

This seems like big news

The Canadian government and the National Hockey League (NHL) have reached an agreement on allowing teams to travel to the country during the league's postseason. 

The NHL issued a statement on Sunday saying that the league will be able to play in Canada for the semifinals and conference rounds of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. U.S. teams traveling to the country for games will be under enhanced COVID-19 protocol.  

He can't hold "SHOOT" guy's $18 Bud Light.
these guys are easy to tune out.  The guy I hope doesn't come back when I am back in my season tickets next year is the guy who cycles the same 6 dumb lines (generally directed at the ref) e.g. "get off your knees ref you're..." etc.  And constantly whining about the team.  Oof.

TV-wise the saddest return for me with full capacity was "moron who bangs on the glass constantly" - didn't appreciate how much I didn't miss those types until they were suddenly back.

:angry:

-QG

This seems like big news

The Canadian government and the National Hockey League (NHL) have reached an agreement on allowing teams to travel to the country during the league's postseason. 

The NHL issued a statement on Sunday saying that the league will be able to play in Canada for the semifinals and conference rounds of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. U.S. teams traveling to the country for games will be under enhanced COVID-19 protocol.  
Although not publicized, the agreement also states that in order to make the games more competitive the Canadian team that moves on will be able to add 1 player from each of the other Canadian teams to their roster.

Although not publicized, the agreement also states that in order to make the games more competitive the Canadian team that moves on will be able to add 1 player from each of the other Canadian teams to their roster.
I guess that means Mike Smith is no longer an Oiler, then.

Gonna be hard for the Bruins to go into that madhouse and win game 6. That’s going to be an amazing atmosphere. 

Gonna be hard for the Bruins to go into that madhouse and win game 6. That’s going to be an amazing atmosphere. 
Could’ve said vice vers for game 5

those first 10 mins. They should’ve been up 2-0 min, maybe 3-0. Instead it was 1-0 and then power play goal. 

drives me crazy. I was basically 20 feet from the garden, over at Tavern. I swear I could hear the garden rocking after pastas first goal

Bruce Cassidy :violin:
Eh, just gamesmanship. It worked for Trotz (although Bergeron was better at the dot tonight than he was in Game 4), we will see what happens in Game 6. I just think it’s dumb that refs fall for it every time. I don’t understand that psychology at all.

The important thing to remember here is that we never have to watch the north division again. 
Thank the Almighty for that. I had to look it up, and Montreal would have missed the playoffs in any other division. Now they’re the North champs. How is Canada so bad at something they invented?

Boston will smoke the islanders.  All you need is an average goalie, average.  Rask is miles and miles better than the lump of garbage the pens ran out there. Score 2 or 3 and game over.
How is this working out for you?

Another trip to the old barn this Wednesday - place is gonna be bonkers. Can’t wait.

That 3rd period of Islanders/Bruins was nuts. Not sure how the Islanders held off that charge. Bruins were swarming like wasps for the last 17 minutes. Game 6 should be awesome. 

That 3rd period of Islanders/Bruins was nuts. Not sure how the Islanders held off that charge. Bruins were swarming like wasps for the last 17 minutes. Game 6 should be awesome. 
I’ve heard the Islanders defense described as a boa constrictor, especially when they have the lead. Relax for a moment, and they clamp down tighter. Their problem is if they get into a shootout, they usually can’t keep up. Tampa showed that last year.

Well represented does not necessarily equal winning. The last Canadian team to win the Stanley Cup did it the summer I turned 8, and my oldest daughter was a month old the last time a Canadian team even made the Finals. Sure, Canada wins gold medals, and that’s cool, but the real prize in hockey is the Cup, bar none.

How is this working out for you?

Another trip to the old barn this Wednesday - place is gonna be bonkers. Can’t wait.
Thing is, I think you can argue that Rask has been below average in three of the five games  ... or at least wildly inconsistent. Oddly enough, he wasn’t great in Game 1, but fantastic in the Game 4 loss for the most part.

But he’s clearly hurting ... last night showed that. The thing I don’t like is, at what point is an 80 percent (or whatever) Rask hurting the team as opposed to putting in Swayman, who I do think is capable. It will be a tough/fascinating call for Game 6. He’s not going to magically get better in two days.

Most importantly, one of my bigger regrets is that of all the NHL rinks where I’ve seen games, I never made it to Nassau. Stupid. Hope you have a great time (but not too much 🤣).

Well represented does not necessarily equal winning. The last Canadian team to win the Stanley Cup did it the summer I turned 8, and my oldest daughter was a month old the last time a Canadian team even made the Finals. Sure, Canada wins gold medals, and that’s cool, but the real prize in hockey is the Cup, bar none.
I am well aware of the last time a Canadian based team won the cup.  As a country, we'd love to have the trophy come home but that's not the same as "How is Canada so bad at something they invented?" A cup win is a team win for the players (and staff) of that team. It's not a country win.  Olympics, World Juniors, World Championships are for the country. 

Yes, no doubt the Stanley Cup is the holy grail of hockey championships but a country doesn't win the cup. When Tampa won last year did you chant U-S-A! U-S-A! ?

I’ve heard the Islanders defense described as a boa constrictor, especially when they have the lead. Relax for a moment, and they clamp down tighter. Their problem is if they get into a shootout, they usually can’t keep up. Tampa showed that last year.
This Bruins series is far from over - totally expect them to come out with their hair on fire Wednesday night like they did last game.

Still stunned the Isles got out of that 1st period tied 1-1. It should have been 3-1 or 4-1 Bruins.

Re: TB - In OT of Game 6 last year - on a breakaway Brock Nelson had the game on his stick which could have forced a Game 7. 

Users who are viewing this thread