What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NHL Season Thread: TB wins and Kucherov loves beer (2 Viewers)

3rd period was all Isles until they scored to tie. Since then it's like TB decided it didn't want to go OT so let's flip the switch.

I want Vegas to win Game 6.  Going to be in Vegas Saturday night for Game 7.
I kinda like Vegas so I’d be fine with them winning. My soft spot for the Isles and a Canadian team winning the cup are my rudders. Plus those two teams were the best teams when I first watched hockey. 

We both have young kids.  I'm bummed mine won't be able to grow up remembering any of this really.  By the time they're passionate about sports (if they are) the Bucs will be back to being the Bucs, the Bolts will have to rebuild too, and the Rays will likely be in another city.

Yea my wife and I talk about this all the time. I say what a shame it is and she says “you don’t know maybe this will turn the Bucs around to where they are competitive every year.” I’m sorry babe are you not familiar with the Bucs?

However, I don’t think the Rays are leaving. It’s a leverage play. They aren’t leaving the 12th biggest market with spectacular tv ratings to go try and build something somewhere else. Not to mention losing the trop development money if they do. 

Can totally relate to this as a Royals and Chiefs fan. The Royals won their first when I was 16.  

Luckily for me  <_<  the Royals waited just long enough (30 years) so that my kids could remember the victory. And then the Chiefs winning it gave them the double.

I'm just thankful they won it in their lifetimes and made it a memorable event.

BWAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA

@PierreVLeBrun: One name that has surfaced as a possibility for the head coach job with expansion Seattle is that of Dave Hakstol, the former Flyers HC who was assistant coach with the Maple Leafs this past season....
@TSNHockey @TheAthletic

So are they conference champs? Usually the team that loses hangs a conference champs banner. What does it say next year? 

The correct emotion after your teams biggest win in 30 years is to be bitter about what some schmucks said on a message board. 
I don't consider you a schmuck. 

I wasn't responding to anyone one I particular just the general lack of respect. 

That said I'm shocked but enjoying it. It's been a long time

Hot goalie, more faceoff wins and hits, and not allowing a power play goal in 13 games.

Pretty amazing run, they beat two teams most thought they had no chance to beat. 

I wasn't responding to anyone one I particular just the general lack of respect. 

Hey they made me look dumb. They’re extremely impressive. I definitely didn’t respect them but no choice but to do so now. Enjoy!

I was at the last game in the US in the SCF where the Cup was won by a Canada team.

Users who are viewing this thread