What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NHL Season Thread: TB wins and Kucherov loves beer (1 Viewer)

Courtesy of Down Goes Brown :lmao:

New entries for the hockey dictionary

Luke Glendening was on every trade board this year. Luke Glendening did not get traded. Luke Glendening is now on every trade board for next year. The trade board has always been at war with Luke Glendening.

Seriously, what’s this guy’s deal? If you’re not a Red Wings fan, do you have any memory of seeing him play? Do you even know what position he plays? Is he 22 or 37? Is he even a real player, or does he just blink into existence for two weeks before every deadline?

I’m not completely sure, but I know two things: He’ll be rumored to be available for a second-round pick at every deadline, and he will never actually be traded. But the trade board people love him more than I love my own children. And I think we can turn that into something useful.

So today, I’m proposing …

The Glendening Line – The spot on any deadline trade board in which Luke Glendening appears. Every player above him will be interesting, and every player below him will not.

Once you reach the Glendening Line, you can pretty much stop reading, because do you really care about trade targets that are considered less important than Luke Glendening?

That makes it a useful tool to gauge how good a given deadline might be. When the trade boards start showing up, you can check how far they go before reaching the Glendening Line. If the line appears far down a list, get ready for action. If it arrives early, you can probably take the day off. This year, our last version of the board drew the Glendening Line five entries in, which suggested a very quiet deadline. And that’s exactly what we got. The system works!

Kind of funny how the NHL is suddenly important enough to show up as a main choice on the ESPN website link bar for sports pages, after NFL, NBA, MLB and before Soccer.  You used to have to go into '...' and find it in the alphabetical list of less popular sports.
The NHL was the forgotten stepchild on ESPN for years, to the point that I couldn’t buy a highlight on Sportscenter. Even the Cup winner barely got a mention, it was all basketball all the time, which is all well and good if one likes the sport, but it’s not for me. Give me slap shots and breakaways instead of dunks.

Kind of funny how the NHL is suddenly important enough to show up as a main choice on the ESPN website link bar for sports pages, after NFL, NBA, MLB and before Soccer.  You used to have to go into '...' and find it in the alphabetical list of less popular sports.
that was so annoying.    i noticed that too.   

I know they are watching where i'm going....it's always over the NHL first.     just give it to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Lightning win in overtime, 3-2, despite the refs being their usual pile of hot garbage. Alex Killorn had a Gordie Howe Hat Trick, with the fight coming after he delivered a clean hit to a guy who got a bad pass, then, when Gardiner(the passer) tried to make up for his mistake by fighting Killorn, got fed a knuckle sandwich buffet.

The Lightning win in overtime, 3-2, despite the refs being their usual pile of hot garbage. Alex Killorn had a Gordie Howe Hat Trick, with the fight coming after he delivered a clean hit to a guy who got a bad pass, then, when Gardiner(the passer) tried to make up for his mistake by fighting Killorn, got fed a knuckle sandwich buffet.
Playoff Hockey started early in TB last night. Looking forward to more tonight,

TB will need to score 8 tonight to allow for the 7 that I'm sure Mac will give up.  

TB will need to score 8 tonight to allow for the 7 that I'm sure Mac will give up.  
Well if they’re interested in winning the division they’ll start Vasy. I’m not sure they care though. 

E Street Brat said:

Is there some sort of payment we can make to ensure that McElhinney doesn’t get to play? 

Capella said:
Well if they’re interested in winning the division they’ll start Vasy. I’m not sure they care though. 
A valid point, they won the division in 2019, got swept; Boston won it in 2020 and the Bolts win the Cup.

@Real_RobRossi: Elias Sports reports NHL clubs were 0-270-0 (and 0-9 in playoffs) when being out scored by 5-plus goals in 3rd period before Penguins held on for 7-6 win over Devils on Tuesday.
So, there’s that... 😯

JaxBill said:
Last one out at NBC save Katherine Tappen please.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: Not official by any means but I’m hearing NHL’s new (secondary 🇺🇸) broadcast partner is likely to be @tntdrama, which of course produces @NBAonTNT et al. @espn is NHL’s primary 🇺🇸 broadcast partner. https://twitter.com/sbjsbd/status/1386713202499768322
Its tragic that espnba got the nhl. That network is absolute trash. I'm sure they will still talk about the nba even during the few nhl games that get aired.

Farewell Blues legend Ryan Miller. 

The Blues are going to stumble their way into the playoffs. These need to start soon because this thread has become a snooze fest.  :sleep:

Flyers lose third straight to NJD.

For the first time all year, I'm seriously thinking AV may be whacked. I figured he'd sacrifice an assistant in the offseason and return. Given tbe way the team has quit, I'm not sure anymore.

My guess is Tom Wilson gets 10 games which would cover the last 3 games of regular season and guarantees he misses first round of playoffs. 

(Or maybe they come out with 20, figuring it will be appealed because od playoff time)

I want to defend Willy here since I'm a Cap's fan, but I'm not sure I can.  Yeah - there was a scrum, but that's like some guys pushing and shoving in a small argument and one guy grabs a stool and smashes someone over the head with it.

$5k fine, no suspension for the waste of breath Wilson.  That'll learn him. 

Open season on Nicky B, then.  Caps fans think this is OK, then let's get it going. 

ETA: and I'm not a NYR fan. Just speaking as a hockey fan. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread