Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

NHL Season Thread: The NHL is salivating over Habs vs Saints

54 minutes ago, RUSF18 said:

I'd be 1000% ok with the Rangers refusing to play tomorrow night. 

Nah. Proper response is recall every AHL tough guy you can find and start taking out scorers.  If that's what the league wants....

• Like 3
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I might be drunk, or without pants, or both (or neither) right now. But likely all of the above to come soon. If anyone knew what we went through as UMass hockey fans since the team returned

Canadiens

Tampa has always been the true underdog story  I liked your shtick better when you were a Wings fan providing score updates after listening to games on the radio 📓

29 minutes ago, JaxBill said:

Nah. Proper response is recall every AHL tough guy you can find and start taking out scorers.  If that's what the league wants....

Sorry, I don't want it. It's not the 70s anymore.

I also don't really blame the other Caps and don't expect them to publicly bash their teammate, so I don't want to see any of those guys hurt. I also don't really blame the organization...he's a really good player and they have no reason to punish themselves on the ice if the league doesn't force them to.  

As much as I enjoy watching the Rangers get pummeled what Wilson did should warrant a lengthy suspension.

How do the Rangers answer tomorrow night?

• Thinking 1
1 hour ago, =Smackdown= said:

As much as I enjoy watching the Rangers get pummeled what Wilson did should warrant a lengthy suspension.

How do the Rangers answer tomorrow night?

I think tradition dictates the teams assign a couple of fighters to go at it before or immediately after the puck drops.

10 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

After reading the reactions, I expected to see Wilson kill a man.  That doesn't seem like much by hockey standards.

1. Hits Buchnevich head into the ice
2. Punches Buchnevich in the head while hes down
3. Punches Strome 3 times while hes down
4. Takes Panarin and slams his head on the ground and then punches him on the ground in the face injuring him

Yep, not much. WTF.

54 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:

1. Hits Buchnevich head into the ice
2. Punches Buchnevich in the head while hes down
3. Punches Strome 3 times while hes down
4. Takes Panarin and slams his head on the ground and then punches him on the ground in the face injuring him

Yep, not much. WTF.

You left off the stick under Buchnevichs neck as he is getting punched

Disappointing that there are no real playoff races other than positioning within the top 4.  I suppose Dallas could catch Nashville but would take a mini miracle.  

9 hours ago, Aaron Rudnicki said:

these Sabres sure are something.

A 2 game winning streak with Doogie Houser in net!!  

Simply amazing how inept RK was 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Getzlaf15 said:

So glad they called Parros out.   He's been awful at this job since Day 1.

shocking that a guy with like 150 fights and 36 points in a 9 year career wouldn't be looking out for the league's talented skill players...

-QG

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

I believe this is the first time I am ever recording a non-Devils game the Rangers are playing.

:boxing: :pokey: :topcat:

-QG

Edited by QuizGuy66

Hahahahahahaha. For disagreeing with their dumb statement released without their knowledge for a ridiculous overreaction to the Wilson stuff. 

THAT'LL TEACH HIM

Sources say that #NYR president John Davidson and GM Jeff Gorton scurried to distance themselves from the team statement that was issued on Tuesday night, telling other executives that they did not know it was in the works until after it was released.

From Frank Seravelli

1 minute ago, Northern Voice said:

Sources say that #NYR president John Davidson and GM Jeff Gorton scurried to distance themselves from the team statement that was issued on Tuesday night, telling other executives that they did not know it was in the works until after it was released.

From Frank Seravelli

I’m sure they were behind it, but Dolan is a tool. JD will have another job as soon as the season ends. Just sad for us Rangers fans that it won’t be here. :😞

Just hope that Chris Drury is as good at managing an NHL team as he was at leading a Little League World Series team.

It wasn't the statement. Dolan wants the rebuild sped up and Drury is his guy. Bigger problem is I believe Quinn is Drury's guy. 

This is big trouble. 

11 minutes ago, zamboni said:

Just hope that Chris Drury is as good at managing an NHL team as he was at leading a Little League World Series team.

he's going to be great imo.

13 minutes ago, RUSF18 said:

It wasn't the statement. Dolan wants the rebuild sped up and Drury is his guy. Bigger problem is I believe Quinn is Drury's guy. 

This is big trouble. 

I'm confused about all of this.  If it wasn't the statement, then why not wait until the end of the year?  Why go so hard after JD, whose career arc perfectly culminated in this job, and get him out of here so fast?  This doesn't make sense to me.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, sheerterror said:

I'm confused about all of this.  If it wasn't the statement, then why not wait until the end of the year?  Why go so hard after JD, whose career arc perfectly culminated in this job, and get him out of here so fast?  This doesn't make sense to me.

Cuz...Dolan

-QG

• Sad 1
11 minutes ago, Aaron Rudnicki said:
23 minutes ago, zamboni said:

he's going to be great imo.

I agree. Smart (Harvard) guy, winner everywhere he’s been (Stanley Cup and LLWS), former NHL captain for two teams, well respected player. Supposedly turned down a few other GM jobs because he knew he was the heir apparent. 

Not losing any sleep over Gorton, but going to miss JD due to his ties here. Plus he did a great job building Columbus and St. Louis into winners.

1 minute ago, zamboni said:

I agree. Smart (Harvard) guy, winner everywhere he’s been (Stanley Cup and LLWS), former NHL captain for two teams, well respected player. Supposedly turned down a few other GM jobs because he knew he was the heir apparent. 

Not losing any sleep over Gorton, but going to miss JD due to his ties here. Plus he did a great job building Columbus and St. Louis into winners.

Harvard?

39 minutes ago, Northern Voice said:

Capitals twitter guy was dead on about Tom Wilson living rent free in their heads. Those guys turned the Rangers around FAST. 

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger

·

45m

I’m told the firing of Gorton and Davidson by NYR is coincidental and not related to the statement issued yesterday related to Tom Wilson. Another source says ownership felt the Rangers underachieved this season.

1 minute ago, Getzlaf15 said:

Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger

·

45m

I’m told the firing of Gorton and Davidson by NYR is coincidental and not related to the statement issued yesterday related to Tom Wilson. Another source says ownership felt the Rangers underachieved this season.

I'm not sure I buy that.  something doesn't smell right.   I'm a ranger fan and I didn't see this coming.    I look forward to the 30 for 30 episode on this #### show of a season.   

16 minutes ago, kodycutter said:

I'm not sure I buy that.  something doesn't smell right.   I'm a ranger fan and I didn't see this coming.    I look forward to the 30 for 30 episode on this #### show of a season.   

Yeah, they could have easily waited a week on this.

Posted (edited)

Just idle speculation, but my guess is that the other league owners were not happy with the statement that went out lambasting Parros and Dolan is scapegoating. 

Edited by zamboni

Okay evil :devil: fan in me can get on board with narrative of Messier being brought in as team president as destroying what Davidson and Gorton built tbh

-QG

• AcerFC changed the title to NHL Season Thread: The NHL is salivating over Habs vs Saints