Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

NHL Season Thread: The NHL is salivating over Habs vs Saints


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, QuizGuy66 said:

Oh My I Guess They Are Really Gonna Play Those Games...

Unless something has changed since yesterday in the NHL's thinking it looks like they aren't going to play them all :lmao:

For the life of me I cannot imagine they'll make the 4 Canadian playoff teams wait all those days (though perhaps they want to give the teams a couple days off since WPG-TOR is on Friday and the Oilers play Saturday.

-QG

Why make them wait?  Just let CAL/VAN play at the same time. They aren't in the playoffs, but should play so lottery is worked out correctly.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I might be drunk, or without pants, or both (or neither) right now. But likely all of the above to come soon. If anyone knew what we went through as UMass hockey fans since the team returned

Tampa has always been the true underdog story  I liked your shtick better when you were a Wings fan providing score updates after listening to games on the radio 📓

Coward 

11 minutes ago, QuizGuy66 said:

Oh My I Guess They Are Really Gonna Play Those Games...

Unless something has changed since yesterday in the NHL's thinking it looks like they aren't going to play them all :lmao:

For the life of me I cannot imagine they'll make the 4 Canadian playoff teams wait all those days (though perhaps they want to give the teams a couple days off since WPG-TOR is on Friday and the Oilers play Saturday.

-QG

Amazing league 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Aaron Rudnicki said:

Zegras and Drysdale and two first round picks for Eichel?


Are you Cav drunk?


Zegras is Kariya with Teemu's personality. 

Drysdale's skating.....  I don't want to compare it to Scotty just yet...

The vision each has for the game is off the charts.

We get pick #1-4. Wonder who we will get.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:


Are you Cav drunk?


Zegras is Kariya with Teemu's personality. 

Drysdale's skating.....  I don't want to compare it to Scotty just yet...

The vision each has for the game is off the charts.

We get pick #1-4. Wonder who we will get.

I don't know. I'm sure they'll probably just settle for Sam Steel and Troy Terry and call it a day.

hate it all

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Aaron Rudnicki said:

I don't know. I'm sure they'll probably just settle for Sam Steel and Troy Terry and call it a day.

hate it all

Terry actually progressed quite a bit the last 6 weeks.  He's gone from one good game out of every six games earlier in the year to about four out of five at the end.

Comtois, Terry, Lundestrom all progressed nicely this year. Max Jones did a little bit and is going to be a solid 3rd/4th liner.

Silfverburg, Heinen, Steel did very little all year.  Silf they are saying was playing hurt from last year.

They made great trades for A.Volkov (TB) and H.Fleury (CAR) at the deadline. Volkov can skate, score and play D. They stole him from TB for nothing,

Fleury was solid every game he played. I liked Hakanpaa at the start of the season, but when he got a lot more minutes and played against #1 lines when Manson and Lindholm went down, he wore down quickly and gut burnt a ton.  Fleury was a steal IMO also.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably already posted in the thread but here's the Cap Friendly Expansion Draft Simulator for those of us out of the playoffs to have fun with.

Devils situation seems pretty clear to be honest.  Worst case is losing Bastian or Johnsson apparently.  (I don't think we expose Subban and losing Butcher or Merkley really ain't a big deal either at this point).

Hoping Fitz is able to rob ones on these teams that are screwed like the Wild :D

-QG

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Parise's contract runs until 2025 - WITH a NMC?!? :lmao:

Still time to waive that (same with Suter) - I mean Seattle would be stoned to take on that contract so I imagine Guerin will be able to get those guys to do it.

-QG

Edited by QuizGuy66
Billy Guerin will work magic.
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Aaron Rudnicki said:

Zegras and Drysdale and two first round picks for Eichel?

Including playoffs, the Bills won the same number of games as the Sabres. Oof.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • AcerFC changed the title to NHL Season Thread: Where will Eichel land, cause it sure aint gonna be Buffalo
1 hour ago, guru_007 said:

Quinn gone.

Wonder if Tocchet gonna get a look here.

I have a feeling it will be Torts again after the love fest that Dolan laid down on him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/11/2021 at 1:57 AM, QuizGuy66 said:

Probably already posted in the thread but here's the Cap Friendly Expansion Draft Simulator for those of us out of the playoffs to have fun with.

Devils situation seems pretty clear to be honest.  Worst case is losing Bastian or Johnsson apparently.  (I don't think we expose Subban and losing Butcher or Merkley really ain't a big deal either at this point).

Hoping Fitz is able to rob ones on these teams that are screwed like the Wild :D

-QG

i think the colorado and chicago goalers will be on the move.  also, carolina could be in play.  if mrazek is protected, nedeleckovicwiczcouz could move.  rangers appear to be exposing junk, i am hopeful they lose brett howden, i can’t watch him lumber up and down the ice ever again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Chemical X said:

i think the colorado and chicago goalers will be on the move.  also, carolina could be in play.  if mrazek is protected, nedeleckovicwiczcouz could move.  rangers appear to be exposing junk, i am hopeful they lose brett howden, i can’t watch him lumber up and down the ice ever again.

Colorado seems like that would lose Greaves most likely - possibly Compher.  They'll lock up Grubauer.

With Mrazek a UFA I think that Ned will rightly get protected by Carolina.

Depending on how the goalie options shake out I could see Seattle taking Malcolm Subban (who knows maybe this is more likely if the Devils expose PK - but I doubt that happens).

It' be a fun puzzle :)

-QG

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, QuizGuy66 said:

I would expect the Rangers to lose Blackwell assuming no side deals.

-QG

could protect him ahead of howden, i thought the same thing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2021 at 10:57 PM, QuizGuy66 said:

I would expect the Rangers to lose Blackwell assuming no side deals.

-QG

Blackwell's already 28 and although his contract's cheap, he'll be an ufa at the end of the 2022 season, and I doubt Seattle is goign to want to pay him.  Howden and Gauthier would be most likely targets.  Read somewhere that Francis was around when Carolina drafted Gauthier in the 1st round so he may be the one Rangers lose.  

Seeing Rangers are interviewing Gallant.  Kinda meh on him, it seems he wears out his welcome after 2-3 years, but hey maybe Messier will bring the franchise back to glory

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, guru_007 said:

Blackwell's already 28 and although his contract's cheap, he'll be an ufa at the end of the 2022 season, and I doubt Seattle is goign to want to pay him.  Howden and Gauthier would be most likely targets.  Read somewhere that Francis was around when Carolina drafted Gauthier in the 1st round so he may be the one Rangers lose.  

Seeing Rangers are interviewing Gallant.  Kinda meh on him, it seems he wears out his welcome after 2-3 years, but hey maybe Messier will bring the franchise back to glory

I want nothing to do with Messier. Gallant would be my first choice and Bob Hartley is my number 2. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/11/2021 at 1:00 AM, Getzlaf15 said:

Terry actually progressed quite a bit the last 6 weeks.  He's gone from one good game out of every six games earlier in the year to about four out of five at the end.

Comtois, Terry, Lundestrom all progressed nicely this year. Max Jones did a little bit and is going to be a solid 3rd/4th liner.

Silfverburg, Heinen, Steel did very little all year.  Silf they are saying was playing hurt from last year.

They made great trades for A.Volkov (TB) and H.Fleury (CAR) at the deadline. Volkov can skate, score and play D. They stole him from TB for nothing,

Fleury was solid every game he played. I liked Hakanpaa at the start of the season, but when he got a lot more minutes and played against #1 lines when Manson and Lindholm went down, he wore down quickly and gut burnt a ton.  Fleury was a steal IMO also.

Ah, Fleury is Mike Commodore with brown hair.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • AcerFC changed the title to NHL Season Thread: The quest for sports best championship begins
7 minutes ago, wilked said:

Picking Hall for the game winner 

He's been tough to contain all night. I'm just have a feeling that Debrusk will get his 2nd.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, brun said:

He's been tough to contain all night. I'm just have a feeling that Debrusk will get his 2nd.

Got that one wrong.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, irish eyes said:

Tristan Jarry with Matt Murray disease, shoot it glove side it's in the net. Just awful.

wonder if that's related to the "playing too far back in the crease" problem 

Link to post
Share on other sites

yikes

@shireyirving: Here are the expected goal values of each Islanders goal today, per Evolving Hockey:

Palmieri (2.4%)
Pageau (2.2%)
Nelson (3.2%)
Palmieri (5.8%)

Link to post
Share on other sites

@charlieo_conn: This TBL-FLA series is going to rule. These teams are absolutely flying, and I can't see Quenneville asking Florida to slow it down. So as long as Cooper is OK with this series staying run-and-gun because he figures his team is more talented, this is gonna be a blast to watch.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Skipdog77 said:

Fix is in for TB.  Time to watch baseball. 

They’re calling everything against Tampa, Florida has 3 extra guys out there wearing zebra stripes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kodycutter said:

Panthers looking very strong, i'd be worried if i was a Tampa fan.   I'm sure this will age well.

Nikita Kucherov has entered the chat

 

2 PPG in the 2nd to give the Bolts a 3-2 lead after 2

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Skipdog77 said:

Fix is in for TB.  Time to watch baseball. 

 

1 hour ago, Kal El said:

They’re calling everything against Tampa, Florida has 3 extra guys out there wearing zebra stripes.

:lmao:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • AcerFC changed the title to NHL Season Thread: The NHL is salivating over Habs vs Saints

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...