What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Dynasty Offseason Stashes and Shark Moves (1 Viewer)

Any reason to pick up Jordan Love as a 'what the heck' in a dynasty league yet with only 18 roster spots?  
There is little reason to expect Green Bay to move on from Rodgers at this point, so unless you are in a QB premium league, I would not be in a hurry to roster Love.  

With only 18 roster spots that seems like a real reach...missed all of this year and Gibson looks legit...not sure how many teams in the league but gotta believe there are better options.
I assume you were thinking Bryce Love not Jordan Love. I think the longer Love sits the better chance of him being productive once he hits the field. A good stash if you can afford to but hard with that roster limit. My league tends to hoard QBs so I am sitting on him as I think the upside is there.

I assume you were thinking Bryce Love not Jordan Love. I think the longer Love sits the better chance of him being productive once he hits the field. A good stash if you can afford to but hard with that roster limit. My league tends to hoard QBs so I am sitting on him as I think the upside is there.
Totally screwed that up...you are correct with what you said...the big factor for Jordan Love is is it Super-flex or 2 QB...if so, you may want to try to find a way to keep him although right now Rodgers feels like he's not going anywhere...if it is one QB, it is much easier to move on from him if you have solid options.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, gave you a bad post...was thinking Bryce not Jordan.
No worries, I actually have Bryce on IR so will need to making a decision on whether to keep him or drop someone else prior to the draft as well, so your thoughts were still appreciated. 

How do you guys view the Titans backfield?

Darrynton Evans is a top target of mine. 3rd rd rookie, on IR most of this season, got the large majority of touches of the backups this past week.

Derrick Henry has been pretty fortunate avoid long-term injuries so far. Evans could be a “Mike Davis” next season. 

He is under contract for another season but still could be cut. However if they do not retain Bell I would think they would strongly consider keeping Damien around.
Dang. Forgot all about Damien Williams. If only this sequence of posts came a couple of games ago. FFPC ran their last waivers for the season this morning and he’s sitting on the wire. Sounds like a nice late round flyer in the Rookie/Free Agent draft in March. 

Not sure if he was mentioned, but thoughts on Gus Edwards

Very underrated RB that seems to produce when called upon. He’s an RFA and while I expect the Ravens will try to keep him, you never know.

Very underrated RB that seems to produce when called upon. He’s an RFA and while I expect the Ravens will try to keep him, you never know.
Always looks good when you see him...perfect guy for an RBBC...with Ingram on his way out my guess is he remains with the Ravens and continues in a similar role like this year...he just seems like a guy who's gonna be a better real football player than fantasy football player...if he went somewhere else his value could go up because right now his QB also takes a big piece of the running pie...just not sure someone would offer enough $ for the Ravens not too match...he'll be 26 in April and has never done much in the passing game so not sure how much a team will extend themselves to get him.

Always looks good when you see him...perfect guy for an RBBC...with Ingram on his way out my guess is he remains with the Ravens and continues in a similar role like this year...he just seems like a guy who's gonna be a better real football player than fantasy football player...if he went somewhere else his value could go up because right now his QB also takes a big piece of the running pie...just not sure someone would offer enough $ for the Ravens not too match...he'll be 26 in April and has never done much in the passing game so not sure how much a team will extend themselves to get him.
I don’t disagree with all that, but he did show some surprisingly good hands here:

https://twitter.com/ravens/status/1343298622058856451?s=21

Any reason to pick up Jordan Love as a 'what the heck' in a dynasty league yet with only 18 roster spots?  
I don't think it's out of the realm of possibilities that Rogers is holding a grudge towards the organization for drafting Love and orchestrates his way out via a trade.

I thought Jakobi Myers has looked good, even though Cam's passing left a bit to be desired.  Anyone else think Jakobi could break out next year for NE?

Would like to add Ryquell Armstead to this list. Was set to be the starter until COVID cost him the season. Behind Robinson, but has talent.
There has been very very little info re Ryquell.  To be on the Covid list for so long, then all of a sudden just an announcement that his season was done... very worrisome.  Not just from a football perspective but from a life perspective.  Seems like most every guy that went on the list this year came back within the expected timeframe.  Ryquell never did.  I wonder if he had some serious health complication.

I don't play dynasty, only limited keeper formats.  Stashed AJ Dillon prior to last week's game and it's looking like a potential windfall.  Hope Aaron Jones leaves this offseason.

I like Harrison Bryant a lot.  However, the position room seems a little clogged with Austin Hooper and David Njoku.

RB market is a tough one. I would wager that he is back in a Ravens uniform next year and that is probably best for both parties.

RB market is a tough one. I would wager that he is back in a Ravens uniform next year and that is probably best for both parties.
I agree. IMO the Ravens will give him a 2nd round tender, whereby likely no one will surrender a 2nd round pick AND give him a contract that the Ravens wouldn’t match.

Interestingly for a bruiser, he’s got a career 5.2 YPC. And it’s not on a small sample - over 400 carries.

There has been very very little info re Ryquell.  To be on the Covid list for so long, then all of a sudden just an announcement that his season was done... very worrisome.  Not just from a football perspective but from a life perspective.  Seems like most every guy that went on the list this year came back within the expected timeframe.  Ryquell never did.  I wonder if he had some serious health complication.

I don't play dynasty, only limited keeper formats.  Stashed AJ Dillon prior to last week's game and it's looking like a potential windfall.  Hope Aaron Jones leaves this offseason.

I like Harrison Bryant a lot.  However, the position room seems a little clogged with Austin Hooper and David Njoku.
It was said that he did, and IIRC, he checked back into a hospital at that point in October when they announced he was done for the year. Serious stuff, I gathered, without much forthcoming information.

I thought Jakobi Myers has looked good, even though Cam's passing left a bit to be desired.  Anyone else think Jakobi could break out next year for NE?
I grabbed him mid-season right before his nice stretch of games. I can forsee a Sterling Shepard (hopefully minus the injuries) type of fantasy career. Spot starter that's nice to have on the bench but not a consistent starter. 

I grabbed him mid-season right before his nice stretch of games. I can forsee a Sterling Shepard (hopefully minus the injuries) type of fantasy career. Spot starter that's nice to have on the bench but not a consistent starter. 
I think the jury is still out on Jacobi & Myers.

Preston Williams, Darnell Mooney, Gabriel Davis, Parris Campbell and Quintez Cephus are all likely rostered in most dynasty leagues, but they each present excellent upside, so buy low where you can.
How would you rate the guys on this list against each other?  I have shares of all of them across my leagues, and in some cases 2-3 of them. 
In one league I basically swapped Mooney to get Gabriel over a pair of trades and I’m very happy about that. 

How would you rate the guys on this list against each other?  I have shares of all of them across my leagues, and in some cases 2-3 of them. 
In one league I basically swapped Mooney to get Gabriel over a pair of trades and I’m very happy about that. 
I'm more optimistic about Gabriel than all of them, but depending on what they do with John Brown it may wait until 2022. 

I just traded a 2021 5th and Mike Davis for Vaughn, RB Tampa Bay. Banking on Vaughn being next year’s starter.

Thoughts?

I just traded a 2021 5th and Mike Davis for Vaughn, RB Tampa Bay. Banking on Vaughn being next year’s starter.

Thoughts?
If they don’t draft another RB Jones is still the starter but Vaughn takes the Fournette role. 

Jones has done nothing to lose the #1 position. 

1.  Parris Campbell

2.  Preston Williams

3.  Gabriel Davis

4.  Darnell Mooney

5.  Quintez Cephus

In my estimation, Parris Campbell and Preston Williams have the highest ceilings of those mentioned, so, despite the injury histories, I would rank them 1 and 2.  It depends on your team, of course, but I like to aim high with my offseason stashes.  Campbell is one of the best dynasty investments right now, imo.  His cost may be minimal in many leagues, and he could pay off handsomely -- if he can stay healthy.  Preston Williams also has the profile of a team's WR1, and I don't believe his recent foot injury is something which should affect him going forward.  Darnell Mooney is the only other current starter among this group, and he has a chance to ascend to the Bears' WR1, if Allen Robinson departs via free agency.  Mooney doesn't really appear to me to be cut out for the role of a team's true WR1, but the opportunity may be there for consistent fantasy startability.  Mooney is a crafty route runner and has the speed to beat defenses downfield.  The Bears go into the offseason with some serious question marks, so it is hard to predict what this offense will look like in 2021, however.  Accordingly, I am going to favor Gabriel Davis as #3 on this list over Mooney.  Davis has flashed intriguing upside, and I believe he will emerge as a starter in one of the best offenses in the league.  He could easily top this list, in fact.  It feels wrong to put Quintez Cephus at the bottom of this list, but it is difficult to trust the Lions here.  With Detroit’s starting receivers set to become free agents, and limited cap space, Cephus could emerge with a potentially sizable role next season, but who will be throwing him the ball, and who will be coaching the team?  Cephus is one of my favorite dynasty stashes, but it feels a bit like playing dynasty-roulette with all of the potential changes coming in Detroit.

Users who are viewing this thread