What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Playoffs: One Spot Open! Who's the Answer? (Non-PPR) (1 Viewer)

The RB answer is ...

• J.K. Dobbins vs. Jax

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Clyde-Edwards Helaire @ NO

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mike Davis @ GB

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

egofailure

Footballguy
I'm locked and loaded for this week's playoff matchup with Mahomes/J. Taylor/T. Hill/K. Allen/S. Diggs/Waller/Steelers.

The lone question? Who to start at RB2. (Non-PPR)

Please vote/share your thoughts!

Last edited by a moderator:
The good news is that there's no terrible answer.

CEH is least likely to score a TD and has the worst matchup. He's in the best offense but that reasoning has gotten old. Saints run D is likely to rebound from last week and make it tough on them. They're playing in a dome and Mahomes is going to be chucking it. Counter argument I guess is that the Saints might not score much and that might make KC less aggressive but they don't seem to want to ever just sit back and pound the rock. They have a penalty or a sack and then it's bombs away. In a way the Saints D and what KC does well on O mean CEH will not likely have a TD or multi TD day. 13 carries, 60 yards, 4 catches for 25, no TDs. Meaning this will probably be his breakout game for 212 yards and 3 tds.

Dobbins has a great matchup and all us fantasy geeks get caught up in analysts giving us the "shoulds" with him too. Lamar Jackson, Gus Edwards and TEs are a lock to score TDs. If Baltimore gets a lead and starts to run a more traditional offense and tells Jackson to keep himself out of harm's way once the game is in hand, they'll maybe lean on Dobbins and start dumping it off to him too. He could break a couple runs in this game but there's been a threat for that all year and doesn't seem to happen. He's getting a ton of snaps and the matchup is juicy. 15 carries for 110, 3 catches for 22 and a TD. Of course he could get 9 carries for 35 yards and no TDs so whatever. 

I haven't had or had to face Davis and haven't even had much contact at all with Carolina's offense or watched them much. I don't feel like I know them well at all.  He's a lock to get a lot of snaps in a game against a run D that seems to get gashed a lot. I don't have a sense of how well he's running right now though. He's probably the sensible play given he has the highest projection of the bunch but you'd probably know more. I'd be looking closely at GB's run D last 3 games and the eye test of whether or not Davis is pushing piles and making guys miss. 

Thank you for such a thoughtful answer! I was a bit down on Mike Davis prior to this past week, as he seemed to be a bit worn down. As a result, it also appeared that Carolina was reducing his role and utilizing a RBBC. However, the Week 13 BYE may have done him wonders.

My assessment going into this post was this: Mike Davis is the safest option, Dobbins is the option with the highest ceiling, and CEH is a solid contingency plan. 

I'm going to take your advice and look into Davis' performance last week + dive into GB's defense. 

Users who are viewing this thread