What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Matt Ryan without Jones (1 Viewer)

Silver & Black

Footballguy
Hi all.  I hope everyone is safe and sound.

I drafted Ryan to be my guy this year and went out and traded for Jones mid year and have had delusions of grandeur ever since.  Anyway, I'm fortunate enough to be in my division championship game this week.  It looks like Jones isn't playing and I'm faced with the dilemma as to whether to start Ryan or not.  I drafted Carr as my backup and he has been impressive for fantasy purposes, just not consistent for my taste.  I know it's a thinly veiled who do I start question but how does the shark pool feel about Ryan this week without Jones (assuming he doesn't go).  Unfortunately, Carr goes tomorrow night so I obviously have to decide asap.  

My gut is telling me to go with Carr since I don't like the look of the Atlanta offense without Jones.  And Ryan hasn't been great since like week 6.  I just know my luck, I'll roll with Carr, he'll lay a fantasy egg on Thursday night and then Ryan will light it up.

Constructive thoughts and opinions appreciated.  Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also drafted Ryan to be my QB this year. I'm now in a position to where I'll play Rivers over him, and probably Hill or Hurts as well. I'm actually debating cutting him outright. I fully share your distrust of him. Seems like they always stall in the red zone or he throws a pick.

I wouldn't say must, but he is in as my flex.
4 Teams tonight on the Waiver Wire...

4-3-MoP-1...

WIlson will be gone and then I'm not sure, maybe Bowden who is on RTSports(Sorry-TMI) and I'm thinking maybe I should put a claim in for him and maybe that's the Flex over say Hines? Just as an example 😉

Users who are viewing this thread