What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NBA FanDuel (1 Viewer)

FatNate

Footballguy
Does anyone play regularly?  I would be willing to setup a nightly contest, if we had enough interested people.

Yup! Love NBA. Play every night. I'd be up for a $1 or $2 nightly contest. 
It would probably be $2 per night contest through the week only (Mon-Fri).  10-15 people.  Pay the top three most nights.  Two exceptions:  Thursday night would be a winner take all night at $2 & Friday night would be a $5 night (pay top three).  Something like that, but it is subject to change, and it depends on the level of interest.  I would simply post the link in the forum each day, by 2p EST, and we would go from there.  Looks like some reasonable size slates, starting on 12/23, but it might be easier to get it going after the new year.  I will see what kind of response we get.  More to come later.  I will update.

Too bad we can't just create a league that creates the contests for you each day. I do that with co-workers and it works out well.  But I know you may not always have the same set of guys that want to play each night so it makes things tough. 

I am not too into fantasy basketball, but I may be will to try my hand from time to time.  I learned a lot this year in football, maybe I can do the same for the NBA.

w3junky said:
Creating a contest for tonight’s slate?
Saturday's did not come close to filling, so I did not set one up for last night.  I will set one up for today (Monday 12/28).

Not filling up too fast. Just a suggestion but what I do and I know I’ve mentioned this before but create a league and invite 10-12 people but only have the league at a max of like 6 entries. So that way it always fills up each night. Winner takes all. And nice thing is you don’t need to create the contests manually each nights and the users all get a email notification each day that the contest is open for the night. Works out really well. 

Not filling up too fast. Just a suggestion but what I do and I know I’ve mentioned this before but create a league and invite 10-12 people but only have the league at a max of like 6 entries. So that way it always fills up each night. Winner takes all. And nice thing is you don’t need to create the contests manually each nights and the users all get a email notification each day that the contest is open for the night. Works out really well. 
Thanks for the advice.  I do not have a set group to include in a league each day.  I was hoping we could build up a group here, but at this point it looks unlikely.  I may try it again next week, once everyone is back a normal schedule, but it seems unlikely posting a daily contest here is going to build enough of a following. 

if you have room in your league, send me a PM and I will get you my details, if you want to include another in your league.

Thanks for the advice.  I do not have a set group to include in a league each day.  I was hoping we could build up a group here, but at this point it looks unlikely.  I may try it again next week, once everyone is back a normal schedule, but it seems unlikely posting a daily contest here is going to build enough of a following. 

if you have room in your league, send me a PM and I will get you my details, if you want to include another in your league.
Ours is just a free league so probably not worth your time! lol.  But yes I can for sure add you to it if interested. 

Does anyone know what paysite is generating the cash game lineups that essentially behave as cut line walls (all or most players are 50% owned or greater) most nights?  I assume it's RG.  I also assume 20-30 people on a nightly basis are not picking the same lineup in 100-person 5050's based on projection data, so the site hands the lineup out to their members?

EDIT: yep, it's RG, went into their forums and saw some messages about it.  And apparently it's winning at a ridiculous rate this year, putting you at a big disadvantage if you're not using.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread