What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

special request for consideration from rudnarski and joehan (1 Viewer)

SWC

Bromigo
hey brohans in 1914 the christmas truce or weinhactsfrieden was when both sides in world war i all had an unofficial truce and stopped fighting for christmas so rudnarski and joehan in the spirit of weinhacten can you unban otis and tanner and some of the other guys that we are missing around here they seemed like good dudes and even though i dont know them in real life at all i enjoy reading what they write and the threads they start and keep going and maybe they will stay out of the political forum if they can come back and anyhow i bet they were banned for political posts and now maybe that is behind us and we can heal up a little like the big kahuna said in the political forum thread anyhow this is just one brohan asking any old how so that is my swc weihnachtswunsch which means christmas wish in german and i am hoping you can santa the hell out of that one and make it happen take that to the bank brohans 

Last edited by a moderator:
Pro Tip:  Don't post in the Politics Forum.

It's nothing but trolling and baiting in there.  If you fall for it - prepare to have the "report" button mashed.

That being said, why not let everyone start fresh in 2021.  Un-Ban all that are banned.  Let the Great Un-Banning of 2021 unite us all!!!

Can I get a Harrumph?

Seems like a lot of bans ended last weekend, especially ones from the PSF around the time of the election.  

Oats and Tanner must have really crossed the line to not be back yet.

i dont even know what they said and maybe if they were unbanned they would not come back anyhow but i would hope they would not be redyouknowwhatss about it and just get there keesters back here because i liked reading what they would write and we could all use a little holiday cheer especially in 2020 which has so far been a total crapfestival of epic proportions take that to the bank bromigos 

I do have a question for the folks in here. How many people actually are reporting people?

In all the time I've been on a message board, I have never reported anyone. I have been on the receiving end of posts from time to time, but never was offended enough to report someone. I guess if it was ever vile enough, I would PM the person and try and work it out, but I guess I just don't get the whole report thing.

I've always figured most people here are pretty reasonable, and the bad ones eventually get rooted out just by virtue of being bad people.  

I do have a question for the folks in here. How many people actually are reporting people?

In all the time I've been on a message board, I have never reported anyone. I have been on the receiving end of posts from time to time, but never was offended enough to report someone. I guess if it was ever vile enough, I would PM the person and try and work it out, but I guess I just don't get the whole report thing.

I've always figured most people here are pretty reasonable, and the bad ones eventually get rooted out just by virtue of being bad people.  
I’ve never reported anyone. But I am a narcissist and you people aren’t real anyway.

They're making a conscious effort to shut this place down slowly for quite some time now.   I got one week for posting a funny line from The Jerk a few months ago in a thread that was half schtick already.

The bottom of page one is close to having posts from 24 hours ago in the FFA. Their efforts are working.

They're making a conscious effort to shut this place down slowly for quite some time now.   I got one week for posting a funny line from The Jerk a few months ago in a thread that was half schtick already.

The bottom of page one is close to having posts from 24 hours ago in the FFA. Their efforts are working.
No thermos for you!

I appreciate the efforts of all the mods in 2020. :thumbup:  Definitely couldn't have been easy.

They've done a great job keeping FFA and Shark Pool clean.

Happy Holidays

• Smile
Reactions: SWC

This.  It is possible that, aside from ChiefD, I have likely only "ignored" 2-3 people over 20+ years across 3 boards.  I don't report, though over the past 4 years on another site, I have thought about it.

After my kid died, some guy said I was wrong about something (I think I said it was wrong to look at hacked pictures from celebrity starlets’ phones) and he said what did I know, I couldn’t even keep my kids alive. 

I think I was too shocked to report him myself, but that was a pretty good use of the feature. 

I’ve used it a very few times for trolls who go from thread to thread and hurl insults and blow up discussions.
Yeah, that one would fall in the vile category.  Unreal that someone would even think that, let alone type it out.

Yeah, that one would fall in the vile category.  Unreal that someone would even think that, let alone type it out.
To answer your question I’ve reported folks maybe 4-5 times over 13 years - I think that post was one of them.  I would have punched the poster if it were possible.

ETA - it’s possible I’m confusing this for another post but I don’t really want to dwell on it because the content was similar 

hey joehan and rudnarski and thoughts on this sorry to be a pest but it would be great if you could see your way clear to fix this one up take that to the bank bromigos

I was banned for a month for calling Trump a clown and posting a link to an actual news article about something he did.

That was my only ban ever in 15 years.  Actually I was also banned for calling someone I know a #### in jest but they did not know that.

Pro Tip:  Don't post in the Politics Forum.

It's nothing but trolling and baiting in there.  If you fall for it - prepare to have the "report" button mashed.

That being said, why not let everyone start fresh in 2021.  Un-Ban all that are banned.  Let the Great Un-Banning of 2021 unite us all!!!

Can I get a Harrumph?
I don't go there.

so who are the main "instigate-then-report" guys in there these days?  

squizz still the lead culprit? 

so glad he has that area to keep him busy instead of being in the FFA all the time pulling that crap.

I haven’t told my story for how I earned four months, and I won’t because it’s like poker bad beat stories. No one cares. But it does bolster my view that amnesty is warranted now that we’re on the other side of a dark and contentious election period.
The story isn't very exciting and definitely not a bad beat. From the file, it looks like after multiple requests to be cooler you kept on the "Supporting Trump is not only morally wrong, it’s anti-American, it’s racist, and it’s embarrassing." thing when we continually were asking people to be more cool and have real discussion.  :shrug:

For otis and tanner, are they suspended? 

The story isn't very exciting and definitely not a bad beat. From the file, it looks like after multiple requests to be cooler you kept on the "Supporting Trump is not only morally wrong, it’s anti-American, it’s racist, and it’s embarrassing." thing when we continually were asking people to be more cool and have real discussion.  :shrug:

For otis and tanner, are they suspended? 
yep

brohans I am just me and ive been accused of being a lot of people but never someone in the stratosphere like otis take that to the bank bromigos 

Ramfancam said:
 it's clearly a "don't come back" situation which is sad after 15+ years here
They were pretty clear in the pinned post in the PSF that they were discontinuing the old system of short-term suspensions. Whether that was part of a conscious plan to eventually shut down the forums, or whether management believed that it would make room for "fresh blood" that would revitalize the forums, is not something that I would be qualified to surmise.

Some of the posters in the politics forum are their almost entirely to troll and then report people when they get mad and post something possibly offensive.

They were pretty clear in the pinned post in the PSF that they were discontinuing the old system of short-term suspensions. Whether that was part of a conscious plan to eventually shut down the forums, or whether management believed that it would make room for "fresh blood" that would revitalize the forums, is not something that I would be qualified to surmise.
I think Joe has been clear that the forum isn’t really part of the business model and he’s not really sold that it should even exist.

That’s why I was suspended, yes. And I did back those points up with recent examples. At the time, for example, Trump refused to attend John Lewis’s funeral. But water under bridge.

I do want to point out that “multiple requests to be cooler” comprised a warning some days before for reporting another poster. I blocked that poster, but a bug exposed his post because I guess I refreshed in close proximity to his post and it wasn’t yet hidden.

I didn’t make it a habit to report posters, but someone said something non-excellent and instead of giving in to temptation to take bait, I used report and didn’t even ask for action to be taken, but pointed out that it was the kind of goading that blew up discussions and I thought was discouraged.

If you check your records, I was slapped with a warning — for reporting. Which I might understand if it’d been a habit, but it wasn’t. Apparently that was my warning to be cooler that justified a four month ban even though I backed my albeit controversial take on Trump with specific contemporary examples. But I get why you had a short fuse for incendiary statements about Trump. Don’t harbor any ill will, but the warning for reporting was a hard one to swallow.
I got one of those too, I think it was in relation to of the usual suspects continually hitting the laugh button but no response.  

Did it once, and was told to grow thicker skin.  

Users who are viewing this thread