What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tyron Johnson WR Chargers - 2020 Playoff Hero....or Zero? (1 Viewer)

Stat Correction

Footballguy
No thread for Mr. Johnson, but a lot of fantasy managers are throwing a week 15 hail mary on the news that Mike Williams is likely out and Keenan Allen "iffy", at best.

Not a lot of history on this former Oklahoma State Cowboy, with the exception of a handful of long-balls this year, and a good showing last week after Williams existed (6/55/1 on 7 targets). But with the Raiders down 4-5 defensive starters, including a safety and a cornerback, and the over/under on the plus side of 50, Tyron may get his chance to shine.

Who's rolling him out there tonight, when it really matters?

Watch out. Looks like Williams could be active.

Omar Ruiz

@OmarDRuiz

#Chargers WRs Keenan Allen (hamstring) & Mike Williams (back) testing out their injuries pre-game, catching passes from Tyrod Taylor. As he left the field, Allen gave me a thumbs up that both he & Williams WILL play tonight.

Was all ready to start Johnson and now have to decide between him or AB. Might still roll with Johnson. Probably just as much upside as AB. 

Right now. I'm rolling him out in one league over the likes of Sterling Sheppard, Lynn Bowden, Todd Gurley, Collin Johnson, Christian Kirk, Willie Snead and Zeke. 

Or not. If Allen is looking good then will pivot back but it's a bit of a concern that they pulled him on the last drive with the game on the line. The Chargers could pull Allen out at anytime. 
Personally I would go Lynn Bowden over Ty Johnson.  The LAC wr targets are going to be hard to predict as even Guyton could see more targets

Tyron Johnson caught 3-of-7 targets for 61 yards and a touchdown in the Chargers' Week 15 win over the Raiders. 

With Keenan Allen and Mike Williams both at far less than 100 percent, second-year UDFA Johnson was second amongst Bolts receivers in snaps at 39-of-66 (per PFF). The largely-unknown wideout now has 9/116/2 over his past two games after entering Week 14 with 6/221/1. His score this evening was a 26-yarder where Justin Herbert threaded the needle near the goal line. Depending on Allen and Williams' health, Johnson could have some last-gasp WR5 for Week 16 vs. the Broncos. 

Dec 18, 2020, 12:43 AM ET

It's tempting to start him over Keenan this week. I'm a fairly decent sized underdog and can't afford another bad game from Allen. But Allen does have more upside, I think. :oldunsure:
I dont know how much upside there is with a hamstring injury when they are playing for nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a good point. I probably shouldn't be just thinking how good a player he actually is when he's capable. 
The biggest thing may be players that can play 60 minutes in the championship game (unless they are TB lol).  Nothing worse than to count on someone and they are just a decoy or limited.   Strains and pulls, they cannot shoot up, fractures they can.  I love K Allen but I couldn't take the chance if I had a decent option.

The biggest thing may be players that can play 60 minutes in the championship game (unless they are TB lol).  Nothing worse than to count on someone and they are just a decoy or limited.   Strains and pulls, they cannot shoot up, fractures they can.  I love K Allen but I couldn't take the chance if I had a decent option.
That's the key.

I'm probably starting Russell Gage with Julio out. 

Over who? Why does the site have the Charger pass vs. the Bronco D as a tough matchup??
I wonder that myself.  I’ve seen opinions all over the board about the Denver pass D.  Same with the people on Xm.  Does Denver really have a good pass D if they have a bunch of players out?   It’s very lazy to report that IMO.  

Chargers waived WR Tyron Johnson.

Johnson was competing for the WR3 gig in Los Angeles this summer but was apparently unable to pass Jalen Guyton or rookie Josh Palmer. Exclusively a deep threat, Johnson didn't offer enough versatility to make the Chargers' 53-man roster. After averaging 15.3 yards per target while racking up 398 yards last year, he should draw some attention on waivers or as a premier practice squad stash once rosters become final.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread