What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Trade Advice...Yet Again (PPR and IDP) (1 Viewer)

pkroper22

Footballguy
Had the following trade offer:

I get:  Lamar Jackson

I give:  Elliott/Diontae Johnson/2021 1st rounder

I'm contending.  He's out and rebuilding.  Starting requirements are 2QB/RB/WR/3Flex/K/2DL/2LB/2DB.  I've got Mahomes.  But Brees and Roethlisberger are my other QB's with not much after that.  Chances are I miss out on a top QB with a late pick.  

This seems like a deal that could help me now and long-term.  Price seems steep but have to say I'm tempted.  Zeke's got what, 1 or 2 more good years left?  Do I unload him now as opposed to too late?  Or do I need to be brought down off the ledge because of a rough year for Zeke?  The thought of pairing Mahomes/Jackson as my QB's is quite tempting.

Shed some light for me guys.

Tough one, but think you need to come off the ledge. As much as getting Lamar and Mahomes together would be nice. Think you are giving up way too much.

Not a fan of Lamar in fantasy

Depends on the rest of your roster.  But, on the surface, I’d say make the trade.   Lamar and Mahomes in a 2 QB L is too tempting.  

Depends on the rest of your roster.  But, on the surface, I’d say make the trade.   Lamar and Mahomes in a 2 QB L is too tempting.  
It leaves me thin at RB for the playoffs.  I have Mixon and R. Jones on IR (was originally planning to go with R. Jones if I made the deal, but then he went and broke his pinky).  Leaves me with CEH, Damien Harris, and L. Bowden.  I'm stacked at WR (T. Hill, D. Adams, AJB, Claypool, Jeudy, AB, Landry, Coutee) so they would take all my flex spots.  I would just need the one RB, and not so sure Elliott would be that much better than CEH during the playoffs.  Which then makes me wonder, if the trade doesn't make much of a difference at present, does it make sense if it improves the long term?

Also of note, this is only an 8-team league, my 2nd rounder would still be #12-16, enabling me to still snag a good player.  Small, tight-knit group of buddies.  Hence the small league, but still fun.

Decisions, decisions.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I think in a 2 QB league that is a steal (although only an 8 team league takes a little shine off of it).  Regardless the key to winning smaller leagues is having the guys that can win weeks for you all by themselves.  I don't think Zeke is that anymore.  Lamar is definitely that.  I think this is an easy accept (provided there are no keeper restrictions that change the values of just the players by themselves).

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread