What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Start Brees over Hurts or Trubisky? (1 Viewer)

ultraviolet

Footballguy
I have Brees and Hill. With Brees starting now, he seems like the play.

Would you jump to Hurts or Trubisky bc of the risk of Brees not taking all the snaps? 

If you have roster flexibility to add one of them, I think I agree. Brees gets drilled in the ribs on the first drive and you're shot. 

Trubisky has a much longer track record, he's been kind of good lately but when things go pear shaped with him, yikes. He can be a turnover machine. Hopefully for him he's figured that out. I'm not super dialed in on Minnesota's D and what they do well but they know him well. As a pats fan I always had more confidence against guys that had traditionally struggled against our D, divisional matchups. Josh Allen, Sam Darnold etc. Always had bad divisional games. 

I feel like there's a good potential for a solid floor with Hurts with the running plus his matchup next week (Dallas) might be a smash spot if he's good again this week. I only watched a few minutes of the Giants/ AZ game. Have you looked at how they played scrambling QBs in the past few games? I'd be looking there for some reassurance.

Both could get benched though if they suck out loud. 

I think GMG has a good point.  I'm a Bears fan and I don't think I'd play Biscuit, too inconsistent for me.  They had a week to plan for Hurts and Cardinals D put a hurting on Jones last week.  But you might have a higher floor with Hurts than Brees.

FWIW

Thank you for the great advice here.

Was down 50 points going into the 4pm games with Akers, PK Gay, and a QB left.  Chose Hurts over Brees.

Won by 8! 

What Hurts the most, is being so close . . . oh, wait. 

Users who are viewing this thread