What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FF MVP? (1 Viewer)

I’ll let you know after week 16.  I’d be interested to find out who the week 14-16 MVP is.  Hopefully I have him! 

Kelce - Traded for him several weeks ago and he carried my group of scrubs thus far.

I know he won't win, but how about Derrick Henry.  Simply a monster on the field.

Kelce or James Robinson
These and Rodgers...or Davante as well and Dalvin Cook (surprised no mention)

I mean just strictly regardless of draft spot  Henry and Cook.  Both drafted high.  Same with Adams...drafted usually within the 2nd round (similar to HIll there).  And Kelce there is huge at the position.

IF you start thinking...ok best bargain...then you get into where Rodgers and Russell Wilson probably have provided more "value" due to draft position.

If Im just saying overall FF MVP...Id about say Kelce.  Id say in most leagues he has the most separation between he and the next guy at the position.  Whereas Henry has Dalvin...Rodgers has Mahommes and Murray and WIlson around him...Hill and Davante.

I mean just strictly regardless of draft spot  Henry and Cook.  Both drafted high.  Same with Adams...drafted usually within the 2nd round (similar to HIll there).  And Kelce there is huge at the position.

IF you start thinking...ok best bargain...then you get into where Rodgers and Russell Wilson probably have provided more "value" due to draft position.

If Im just saying overall FF MVP...Id about say Kelce.  Id say in most leagues he has the most separation between he and the next guy at the position.  Whereas Henry has Dalvin...Rodgers has Mahommes and Murray and WIlson around him...Hill and Davante.
I thought I heard yesterday Kelce is leading the NFL in receiving.  To get that from TE is amazing.  Although in my 3 leagues, Kelce owner didn't make it one and got bounced last week in another.  But Kelce was a second rounder.  

Robinson, for where you got him, was just transformative.  Top 5 back, multiple week winners out of him, he saved a lot of teams.

Cook also a good call but he went as high as 4 in many leagues.

There are some good points here...whether or not to factor in draft position, points over replacement, value/bargain, etc.  IMO:

Overall - Kelce 

Factoring in value - Robinson (with Rodgers subjectively second)

I thought I heard yesterday Kelce is leading the NFL in receiving.  To get that from TE is amazing.  Although in my 3 leagues, Kelce owner didn't make it one and got bounced last week in another.  But Kelce was a second rounder.  

Robinson, for where you got him, was just transformative.  Top 5 back, multiple week winners out of him, he saved a lot of teams.

Cook also a good call but he went as high as 4 in many leagues.
Yeah...I got past the Kelce team last week.  The rest of his team was unspectacular and Rodgers, Chubb, Ridley, and the Rams D delivered for me.

Some good answers but Justin Jefferson has to be in the conversation 

oh and guess who fat fingered waivers and accidentally dropped him one week and is no facing him in the playoffs
Oh man.  :kicksrock:

That would be funny if it wasn't a money league. If it was mainly for bragging rights, then :lmao: . You'll never hear the end of it. 

Oh man.  :kicksrock:

That would be funny if it wasn't a money league. If it was mainly for bragging rights, then :lmao: . You'll never hear the end of it. 
Yeah I asked the commish to reverse it but he held strong.  I respect his decision 

It’s a league of friends and for money, so hopefully I still prevail 

I would have to vote Kelce. No other player on a fantasy roster gives you an advantage like he does over everyone else in his particular position. The consistency he delivers weekly is something else, as he is not only dependant on big weeks to boost his numbers like so many others are. I wish he was part of my keeper roster.

Runner up for me is Robinson. That production for the cheap price paid was amazing to say the least. 

Last edited by a moderator:
sho nuff said:

Best bargain? James Robinson easily

Kelce has been great but being in a TE optional league I would say:

Allen

Diggs

James Robinson

Honorable mention to Fuller before he went down.

Well done!

I would say yes and in this order .... 12 team PPR .... Adams 1st, Kelce 2nd, ? 3rd, Metcalf/Hunt 4th/5th, Allen/Diggs 6-9rnd and Robinson FA.
Surprisingly got Hunt in the 6th, took Diggs in the 5th, Allen in the 9th, JRob in the 13th (asked my cousin "give me someone my league mates have never heard of to take in the last round", he said James Robinson, I've bought him a few beers since. Otherwise I was weak at RB.).

Your league if you acted on it and did well elsewhere. 
Unfortunately I only have one league, a start 1 QB dynasty at that, and I entered the year with Dak as my starter. I wanted to make a move before the season began but I don't like to pay much for QBs in a start 1 league. Fortunately I'm still in good position to make the Championship with a trio of Hurts, Cam, and Lock at the position. 

Most of the “mvp” guys fell flat this week sans a couple of guys. Weird year. 

Diggs should probably get more love. A few more tds and he would be in the conversation. So consistent this year

Some good answers but Justin Jefferson has to be in the conversation 

oh and guess who fat fingered waivers and accidentally dropped him one week and is no facing him in the playoffs
Couldn't you have appealed to your Commissioner to get him restored immediately. I actually did that for a team once this season.

Users who are viewing this thread