Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

January 6th - what will happen?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The President told MAGA to do it MAGA said they were going to do it MAGA filmed themselves doing it Afterwards, MAGA bragged about it Clearly, it was ANTIFA’s fault

So they're finally following the CDC guidelines for the pandemic?

One is an ugly, decrepit wasteland ruled by an assortment of villains hoping to impose their will on peace-loving people everywhere who otherwise just want to be left alone to tend to their gardens.

Just now, tonydead said:

Twitter said it, they consume it. 

Do they really not know the difference or do they just really like the narrative so who cares? 

Saying you trust a bunch of white people is obviously different than saying you trust a bunch of people and then somebody else points out they are white. 

I really trust my group of friends from middle school. Small group. Been friends for super long. They happen to be white.

If I said I really trust my white friends thats obviously a problem. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, The General said:
27 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

Of course.

That audio is pretty cringeworthy.

 

 

4 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

Do they really not know the difference or do they just really like the narrative so who cares? 

Saying you trust a bunch of white people is obviously different than saying you trust a bunch of people and then somebody else points out they are white. 

I really trust my group of friends from middle school. Small group. Been friends for super long. They happen to be white.

If I said I really trust my white friends thats obviously a problem. 

 

What if you said you trusted them, but not the ones that supported BLM (where a bunch of them were black)?

Edited by dawgtrails
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

Do they really not know the difference or do they just really like the narrative so who cares? 

Saying you trust a bunch of white people is obviously different than saying you trust a bunch of people and then somebody else points out they are white. 

I really trust my group of friends from middle school. Small group. Been friends for super long. They happen to be white.

If I said I really trust my white friends thats obviously a problem. 

 

I think it comes down to intelligence. Social media has a feeding frenzy on people that dont think critically about what they read. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dawgtrails said:

 

 

What if you said you trusted them, but not the ones that supported BLM (where a bunch of them were black)?

Except it wasnt "BLM"   it was "BLM and Antifa".  One of those is predominantly white.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, tonydead said:

I think it comes down to intelligence. Social media has a feeding frenzy on people that dont think critically about what they read. 

Setting any racial stuff aside, the part where this doofus is saying these people love America and cops so he felt safe is pretty odd.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, The General said:

Setting any racial stuff aside, the part where this doofus is saying these people love America and cops so he felt safe is pretty odd.

It's not odd, it's a whistle. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't believe the left is still milking this January 6th protest.  The most heinous incident you can point is the flag pole incident where protestors came to his aid and stopped the attack.  Of course people feel safer from people on their side.   When you give Democrats the slightest amount of power, they turn into terrible hyper-judgemental people who abuse their status.  The reason the left hates Trump so much is that they see their own ugliness in him. 

Edited by jon_mx
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, dawgtrails said:

Well good to hear that Ron Johnson wasn't scared because it was a bunch of white folks who love their country. But if it was BLM protestors, he would have been truly frightened.

What a piece of ####

https://twitter.com/American_Bridge/status/1370434031532314625?s=20

Perhaps the interview took place in a locker room, we can’t really tell from the audio. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

I can't believe the left is still milking this January 6th protest.  The most heinous incident you can point is the flag pole incident where protestors came to his aid and stopped the attack.  Of course people feel safer from people on their side.   When you give Democrats the slightest amount of power, they turn into terrible hyper-judgemental people who abuse their status.  The reason the left hates Trump so much is that they see their own ugliness in him. 

I can’t believe this is your takeaway from Jan 6th. Forget the violence- they waved the confederate flag in the Capitol, and replaced the American flag with a trump flag. Because they “are patriots.” You ignore the damage and the injuries, but then you harp on about “BLM and antifa.” You’re no better than ron Johnson. 

Edited by Snorkelson
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Snorkelson said:

I can’t believe this is your takeaway from Jan 6th. Forget the violence- they waved the confederate flag in the Capitol, and replaced the American flag with a trump flag. Because they “are patriots.” You ignore the damage and the injuries, but then you harp on about “BLM and antifa.” You’re no better than ron Johnson. 

You guys pillaged and burned and murdered and took over cities and destroyed businesses all year long.  What happened January 6th pales in comparison.  I am sick of the left being on their high horse when they were far far far worse offenders.   You whined and whined and whined about Trump and you are still whining about Trump after he is gone.   You guys don't even like the flag or the national athem and what it stands for.  We had a thread in here and not one person could come up with a reason why this country is great. I don't want to hear your crap. 

Edited by jon_mx
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jon_mx said:

You guys pillaged and burned and murdered and took over cities and destroyed businesses all year long.  What happened January 6th pales in comparison.  I am sick of the left being on their high horse when they were far far far worse offenders.   You whined and whined and whined about Trump and you are still whining about Trump after he is gone.  

Yeah and there were 10,000+ arrests made. What’s your point? They were both bad; no one is condoning violence. Your idea that the 6th was no big deal is ridiculous. Insisting the left call events over the summer “riots” while you call the 6th a protest. Whatever Jon. Your  rhetoric speaks for itself. It’s impossible for you to imagine that maybe the previous administration actually was telling lies the whole time. There’s a deep state and everyone was out to get trump and he’s the best. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

You guys pillaged and burned and murdered and took over cities and destroyed businesses all year long.  What happened January 6th pales in comparison.  I am sick of the left being on their high horse when they were far far far worse offenders.   You whined and whined and whined about Trump and you are still whining about Trump after he is gone.   You guys don't even like the flag or the national athem and what it stands for.  We had a thread in here and not one person could come up with a reason why this country is great. I don't want to hear your crap. 

Yes that happened, but January 6 happened also.  That day is what you see on world news in places like Hondorus, Eastern Europe, Central Africa.  We were no better than those parts of the world that day.  We have to be better.  I love the flag, the country and the opportunity it gives us.  I don't get why any one from the right thinks a noose or confederate flag is appropriate for a rally, can you?  Lets be real for a minute - the left is the left.  Trump wouldn't piss on any of these supporters of his if they were on fire.  He is about himself, always have been.  It's time to move on from him and find a candidate that can beat Biden on 2024.   

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Roger Stone has an Oath Keeper problem.

In recent days the FBI arrested two men, Joshua James, the owner of a cleaning services company in Alabama, and Roberto Minuta, a Newburgh, New York, tattoo artist, for taking part in the seditious attack on the US Capitol. Both men are members of that far-right militia. They each were part of a group of Oath Keepers that provided security for Stone, the longtime Trump adviser, the day before the assault, when Stone was in Washington, DC, whipping up support for the January 6 protest. That brings to at least five the number of Oath Keepers arrested in relation to the attack who also appear to have guarded Stone at Stop the Steal events. The Justice Department has alleged that three of these militia members helped plan the Capitol onslaught and were part of a conspiracy to block Congress from certifying Joe Biden’s victory.

This could create legal problems for Stone, a self-described political dirty trickster, who last year received a pardon from President Donald Trump related to his conviction for lying to Congress in 2017 during the Trump-Russia investigation. Prosecutors are reportedly investigating Stone’s communications with extremists involved in the Capitol attack. The arrested Oath Keepers will likely face pressure to cooperate with prosecutors and reveal any information they may possess about any involvement Stone or other Trump associates may have had in plans or preparations to invade the Capitol.

Stone has repeatedly denied having advance knowledge of the attack. He says he was not present at the January 6 rally held at the Ellipse and that he did not participate in the ensuing march on Congress by thousands of Trump supporters. He also maintains that he did not know the Oath Keepers who provided security for him at events in Washington, DC, and in Florida in the weeks before the attack.

The Oath Keepers—a loosely organized far-right outfit composed of former law enforcement officers and military personnel—provided security for Stone at several events on January 5. And Minuta and James were part of that detail, which possibly included about a dozen members of the group. Minuta was arrested on Saturday in Newburgh, where last May he gained notoriety for refusing to follow COVID-19 restrictions and close a tattoo parlor he owns there. James was arrested Tuesday in Alabama. Both face charges related to entering the Capitol on January 6.

The New York Times has reported that at least four other members of Stone’s January 5 security detail entered the Capitol the next day. Those four have not been publicly identified or charged.

Edited by massraider
Link to post
Share on other sites

 Trump's good friend, and fellow he just pardoned, had bodyguards arrested trying to attack the Senate. 

This seems to be *still* newsworthy. 

Maybe not Dr. Seuss newsworthy, but right up there.      

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Former acting Secretary of Defense Christopher Miller believes former President Donald Trump's speech on the morning of January 6 incited the rioters who stormed the US Capitol.

"The question is would anybody have marched on the Capitol and overrun the Capitol without the President's speech, I think it's pretty much definitive that wouldn't have happened, so yes," Miller told VICE on Showtime. "The question is did he know that he was enraging the crowd to do that, I don't know."

Miller said he believed the Trump's speech earlier in the day did have a "cause and effect" impact on those who listened and later stormed the Capitol when asked if he thinks Trump was responsible for the riot.

Trump appointee. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, massraider said:

One of the freedom loving Patriots wants you to know that his talk of hanging traitors and so forth was simply "locker room talk".

Actual defense by his lawyer.

 

 

 

 

https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/status/1369995813464735745?s=09

That’s not really a defense per se. the lawyer, if I’m interpreting context correctly, appears to be making arguments re bail or a modification of release conditions. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jon_mx said:

You guys pillaged and burned and murdered and took over cities and destroyed businesses all year long.  What happened January 6th pales in comparison.  I am sick of the left being on their high horse when they were far far far worse offenders.   You whined and whined and whined about Trump and you are still whining about Trump after he is gone.   You guys don't even like the flag or the national athem and what it stands for.  We had a thread in here and not one person could come up with a reason why this country is great. I don't want to hear your crap. 

Calm down.

If you can't acknowledge that people on the left side of the political spectrum love this country as much as you do, we can't have a conversation.

Your over the top hyperbole isn't helping anything - you are fanning the flames yourself.

I strongly recommend stepping away for a bit...this isn't healthy.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, dawgtrails said:

Well good to hear that Ron Johnson wasn't scared because it was a bunch of white folks who love their country. But if it was BLM protestors, he would have been truly frightened.

What a piece of ####

https://twitter.com/American_Bridge/status/1370434031532314625?s=20

That’s so embarrassing. Wow. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, moleculo said:

Calm down.

If you can't acknowledge that people on the left side of the political spectrum love this country as much as you do, we can't have a conversation.

Your over the top hyperbole isn't helping anything - you are fanning the flames yourself.

I strongly recommend stepping away for a bit...this isn't healthy.

Sure, but it is a characterization of what I am responding too.  Some people create a prop of a noose, that does not mean they really intended to hang someone.  During Trump's inauguration the leftist protestors burned an effigy of Trump in Washington DC.  Does that prove that protestors intended to burn Trump alive?   This thread is full racism accusations, charges of the protestors are unpatriotic, that they hate the police, etc.   But thanks for the advice.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

Sure, but it is a characterization of what I am responding too.  Some people create a prop of a noose, that does not mean they really intended to hang someone.  During Trump's inauguration the leftist protestors burned an effigy of Trump in Washington DC.  Does that prove that protestors intended to burn Trump alive?   This thread is full racism accusations, charges of the protestors are unpatriotic, that they hate the police, etc.   But thanks for the advice.   

When there are known white supremacists who try to overturn an election by breaking into the capitol all while beating police officers I am unsure how we can come to any other conclusion.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, the moops said:

When there are known white supremacists who try to overturn an election by breaking into the capitol all while beating police officers I am unsure how we can come to any other conclusion.

Yes...it was quite clear that there were a good number of racists in that riot...that there were a good number with zero respect for law enforcement in that crowd.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, the moops said:

When there are known white supremacists who try to overturn an election by breaking into the capitol all while beating police officers I am unsure how we can come to any other conclusion.

The mental gymnastics you play is mind boggling.  There are known anarchist and communists at leftist rallies.  Numerous instances of police being struck in the head by objects including bricks and even hit by cars.   Over a thousand officers injuried including several deaths.  But to you those are peaceful and you would never cast the entire group as being part of that.  But when the right protests, you use the worst elements to characterize the entire group, to which I call out your BS.  

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jon_mx said:

The mental gymnastics you play is mind boggling.  There are known anarchist and communists at leftist rallies.  Numerous instances of police being struck in the head by objects including bricks and even hit by cars.   Over a thousand officers injuried including several deaths.  But to you those are peaceful and you would never cast the entire group as being part of that.  But when the right protests, you use the worst elements to characterize the entire group, to which I call out your BS.  

As we all should.   When BLM/Antifa was burning down cities, murdering people and looting businesses these same people were praising it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jon_mx said:

The mental gymnastics you play is mind boggling.  There are known anarchist and communists at leftist rallies.  Numerous instances of police being struck in the head by objects including bricks and even hit by cars.   Over a thousand officers injuried including several deaths.  But to you those are peaceful and you would never cast the entire group as being part of that.  But when the right protests, you use the worst elements to characterize the entire group, to which I call out your BS.  

This thread isn't about the left or antifa or the summer riots. Stay on topic.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BladeRunner said:

As we all should.   When BLM/Antifa was burning down cities, murdering people and looting businesses these same people were praising it.

Praising is a bit strong.  Maybe sympathetic towards or understanding and apologetic would be more accurate. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jon_mx said:

Praising is a bit strong.  Maybe sympathetic towards or understanding and apologetic would be more accurate. 

If they weren't framing it in the same terms as they are framing this, then it doesn't really matter.  They aren't being true to their supposed beliefs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, the moops said:

This thread isn't about the left or antifa or the summer riots. Stay on topic.

 

Desiring fairness and equal justice about a topic is always an important aspect in a topic.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Literally complaining about people being grouped together, while grouping together thousands of people across different cities.

I mean, you cannot call that what it is without risking a timeout.  

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

As we all should.   When BLM/Antifa was burning down cities, murdering people and looting businesses these same people were praising it.

This is completely false and you know it.

Who in the world here was praising the burning, looting, and murdering.  Who even outside of here was.

ITs a deflection away from what happened January 6th and one using hyperbole and flat out lies to paint the other side bad instead of admitting how bad that day really was.

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

Praising is a bit strong.  Maybe sympathetic towards or understanding and apologetic would be more accurate. 

It’s equally false. So was your earlier post: “You guys pillaged and burned and took over cities” 

All of these are embarrassing lies. You and @BladeRunnerare both culprits. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, timschochet said:

It’s equally false. So was your earlier post: “You guys pillaged and burned and took over cities” 

All of these are embarrassing lies. You and @BladeRunnerare both culprits. 

As you are with your endless crappy threads insinuating you know how the other side thinks.

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

As you are with your endless crappy threads insinuating you know how the other side thinks.

I don’t need to insinuate anything. I simply report and discuss. 
In any case nobody is forcing you to read any of my threads. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, timschochet said:

It’s equally false. So was your earlier post: “You guys pillaged and burned and took over cities” 

All of these are embarrassing lies. You and @BladeRunnerare both culprits. 

Isn’t there an autonomous zone in Minny right now?  I know the answer BTW.  Wouldn’t that be considered a takeover?

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, FairWarning said:

Isn’t there an autonomous zone in Minny right now?  I know the answer BTW.  Wouldn’t that be considered a takeover?

“You guys” is the reference I was objecting to. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, FairWarning said:

About the Proud Boys and similar groups - maybe we need to see what the draw is to these groups.  

On a very basic level, these groups provide a sense of purpose and belonging to people who feel marginalized.

It's not strictly about race, IMO, which is why I think it's somewhat counterproductive to invoke race when discussing these groups. Because it just invites sympathizers, partisans and obsessives to derail the conversation, as we've seen in this thread and others.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sea Duck said:

On a very basic level, these groups provide a sense of purpose and belonging to people who feel marginalized.

It's not strictly about race, IMO, which is why I think it's somewhat counterproductive to invoke race when discussing these groups. Because it just invites sympathizers, partisans and obsessives to derail the conversation, as we've seen in this thread and others.

A lot of the people who were at the Capitol building in Lansing were smaller business owners that were shut down.  Somehow these groups are drawing these people, 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BladeRunner said:
2 hours ago, jon_mx said:

The mental gymnastics you play is mind boggling.  There are known anarchist and communists at leftist rallies.  Numerous instances of police being struck in the head by objects including bricks and even hit by cars.   Over a thousand officers injuried including several deaths.  But to you those are peaceful and you would never cast the entire group as being part of that.  But when the right protests, you use the worst elements to characterize the entire group, to which I call out your BS.  

Expand  

As we all should.   When BLM/Antifa was burning down cities, murdering people and looting businesses these same people were praising it.

Can’t they both be bad and full of stupid people doing stupid things?  Why the need to vilify one while defending the other? I’m personally disgusted by what went on from both “sides”. 
 

Where the F have all the rational centered people gone man?

Edited by dkp993
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

Can’t they both be bad and full of stupid people doing stupid things?  Why the need to vilify one while defending the other? I’m personally disgusted by what went on from both “sides”. 
 

Where the F have all the rational centered people gone man?

The fringe on both sides dictate the media now, it’s what people want.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FairWarning said:

The fringe on both sides dictate the media now, it’s what people want.  

Yes and no. I disagree with the “dictate” part. It’s pure free market capitalization that’s going on. The media is chasing the headlines that get the clicks.  Americans are addicted to drama. Social media and reality TV both prove this and are relevant because of it. And honestly it scares the #### out me for our future.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dkp993 said:

Yes and no. I disagree with the “dictate” part. It’s pure free market capitalization that’s going on. The media is chasing the headlines that get the clicks.  Americans are addicted to drama. Social media and reality TV both prove this and are relevant because of it. And honestly it scares the #### out me for our future.  

Exactly. 

If it was simply the fringe interested in this stuff, there wouldn't be enough clicks.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

Yes and no. I disagree with the “dictate” part. It’s pure free market capitalization that’s going on. The media is chasing the headlines that get the clicks.  Americans are addicted to drama. Social media and reality TV both prove this and are relevant because of it. And honestly it scares the #### out me for our future.  

And that is dictating what is passed off as news.  People can watch WGN’s new channel News Nation also.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FairWarning said:

And that is dictating what is passed off as news.  People can watch WGN’s new channel News Nation also.  

Sure so it’s us doing the dictating not the media.  They’re simply responding to our wants. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Snorkelson said:

Yeah and there were 10,000+ arrests made. What’s your point? They were both bad; no one is condoning violence. Your idea that the 6th was no big deal is ridiculous. Insisting the left call events over the summer “riots” while you call the 6th a protest. Whatever Jon. Your  rhetoric speaks for itself. It’s impossible for you to imagine that maybe the previous administration actually was telling lies the whole time. There’s a deep state and everyone was out to get trump and he’s the best. 

New here?  He's been like this for years.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

Can’t they both be bad and full of stupid people doing stupid things?  Why the need to vilify one while defending the other? I’m personally disgusted by what went on from both “sides”. 
 

Where the F have all the rational centered people gone man?

The Republican president caused this riot at the Capitol. It’s hard for people who backed that guy to come to terms with that, so instead of cutting bait you double down.

My 2 cents here.

Also like to add The Dems chose a moderate to lead their party. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...