Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

January 6th - what will happen?


Maik Jeaunz

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, GordonGekko said:

 

Direct Headline: ‘YouTube is deleting evidence’: Must-read thread details how YouTube removed video of crowd listening to Trump’s speech recorded DURING Capitol breach

Posted at 9:36 am on January 26, 2021 by Sam J.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/01/26/quite-literally-youtube-is-deleting-evidence-must-read-thread-details-how-youtube-removed-video-of-trump-crowd-recorded-during-capitol-breach/

 

****

You know what no one is allowed to see on social media? That a few thousand don't represent 74 million. But that doesn't fit the narrative. So let's just make sure no one is able to lay down any context whatsoever.

I've seen ethnic cleansing up close. The reality of that kind of situation is the average soldier is not capable of doing it. Not capable of picking up a rifle and shooting his fellow countrymen. It creates all kinds of psychological damage and morale problems down the road. So they put hoods on them and gag them. So no one can hear their screams. Then they bury them alive. Saves on ammunition. Saves on labor. Force them to dig their own graves then force them to walk into those graves. If they are gagged, they can't scream. And if you don't hear the voices, it's easier to pretend those aren't human beings being eradicated.

Removing context is how you process cattle.

Many of you traditional liberals here should think about who's next. Since the left took over Big Education, the pipeline for future conservatives has shrunk. After we've all been gagged and buried alive, don't pretend it will stop at burning copies of To Kill A Mockingbird. The jackboots will throw your kids on top of that public bonfire.

First you delete evidence. Then you delete language. What you've done is delete context. Then you just save time and effort and start deleting people who disagree.

Trumps speech that day isn’t on YouTube?

To be fair I stopped reading your post after “ethnic cleansing”.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, The General said:

Do you stand with the rioters on Jan 6th? Should the FBI use every resource to track these criminals down? Were they just entering an unprotected building? Do you stand with Donald Trump and his misinformation? Were there more votes than voters in counties? Did he directly encourage the mob with his speech that day? 

 

Direct Headline: Growing evidence Capitol attack was pre-planned undercuts Trump impeachment premise

Emerging evidence also raises questions about whether the FBI and other security agencies acted proactively enough to thwart the violence.

By John Solomon February 8, 2021 - 9:35am

https://justthenews.com/government/courts-law/mon-growing-evidence-capitol-attack-pre-planned-undercuts-trump-impeachment

 

******

The question naturally becomes since the FBI appear so ardent on finding those who breached the Capitol, where was this vigor and relentlessness before January 6th?

Looks like Wray is going try to find cover any way he can find it.

For the younger members here, point to note, as an objective lesson, The General can't retake the narrative here. So he's "shotgunning"

In order to paint all Conservatives/Republicans as domestic terrorists, he has to silence all context. And as such, he's trying to hammer down with questions that offer no actual opportunity for context.

Because why open up a broader discussion when you can simply repeat bite sized Twitter nuggets of leftist outrage?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, GordonGekko said:

The question naturally becomes since the FBI appear so ardent on finding those who breached the Capitol, where was this vigor and relentlessness before January 6th?

 

Lol, yes this clearly is what the question naturally becomes. 

And when the answer becomes, ummm well, we didn't pay enough attention to potential domestic terrorists that are, umm, you know.....WHITE, I'm not really sure where you can go from there. 

Will there be angry demands to further investigate militias in flyover states? 

Seems unlikely. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, The General said:

To be fair I stopped reading your post after “ethnic cleansing”.

 

Direct Headline: POLL: Americans More Concerned About Violence Over The Summer Than Capitol Riot

Jordan Lancaster  March 02, 2021 12:48 PM ET

https://dailycaller.com/2021/03/02/poll-americans-concerned-violence-summer-capitol-riot/

 

*******

No one wants to talk about why some riots are (D)ifferent. Can't have context, can we? Isn't that interesting?

Other fun facts to consider:

Corn is actually part of the grass family

You should never cook cabbage with aluminum utensils

And the largest mistake The General here is making is addressing me instead of addressing everyone else reading this thread. Actual functional debate requires understanding your audience. I'm not here to change his mind. However there are plenty of moderates, traditional liberals and undecideds who will be open to seeing a larger context to January 6th.

74 million Republicans and Conservatives can only be labeled as such once you've reduced them to cattle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, GordonGekko said:

 

Direct Headline: Growing evidence Capitol attack was pre-planned undercuts Trump impeachment premise

Emerging evidence also raises questions about whether the FBI and other security agencies acted proactively enough to thwart the violence.

By John Solomon February 8, 2021 - 9:35am

https://justthenews.com/government/courts-law/mon-growing-evidence-capitol-attack-pre-planned-undercuts-trump-impeachment

 

******

The question naturally becomes since the FBI appear so ardent on finding those who breached the Capitol, where was this vigor and relentlessness before January 6th?

Looks like Wray is going try to find cover any way he can find it.

For the younger members here, point to note, as an objective lesson, The General can't retake the narrative here. So he's "shotgunning"

In order to paint all Conservatives/Republicans as domestic terrorists, he has to silence all context. And as such, he's trying to hammer down with questions that offer no actual opportunity for context.

Because why open up a broader discussion when you can simply repeat bite sized Twitter nuggets of leftist outrage?

Yes this is the FBI’s problem, or the Dems, actually probably Obama’s really, not Trump and his mental issue where he can’t admit defeat so he would rather destroy the country or the Q lemming wackos at the Capitol that day. They are blameless. Really we should celebrate them.

This continues to get more bizarre :lol: What awaits next! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, GordonGekko said:

 

Direct Headline: POLL: Americans More Concerned About Violence Over The Summer Than Capitol Riot

Jordan Lancaster  March 02, 2021 12:48 PM ET

https://dailycaller.com/2021/03/02/poll-americans-concerned-violence-summer-capitol-riot/

 

*******

No one wants to talk about why some riots are (D)ifferent. Can't have context, can we? Isn't that interesting?

Other fun facts to consider:

Corn is actually part of the grass family

You should never cook cabbage with aluminum utensils

And the largest mistake The General here is making is addressing me instead of addressing everyone else reading this thread. Actual functional debate requires understanding your audience. I'm not here to change his mind. However there are plenty of moderates, traditional liberals and undecideds who will be open to seeing a larger context to January 6th.

74 million Republicans and Conservatives can only be labeled as such once you've reduced them to cattle.

This is my favorite thing you have posted so far.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, massraider said:

Will there be angry demands to further investigate militias in flyover states? 

Seems unlikely. 

 

Direct Headline: National Guard protection at the US Capitol cost taxpayers nearly $500 million

David Choi and Associated Press Feb 4, 2021, 3:00 PM

https://www.businessinsider.com/guard-protection-at-the-us-capitol-cost-taxpayers-500-million-2021-2

 

*****

I suspect there will be angry demands by small business owners who were burned out and looted who begged for help and didn't have a small army of National Guard in place for their benefit.

Those same small business owners still have to pay taxes, to support Fort Pelosi, but apparently none of those troops or resources were ever going to be sent to protect them.

But hey, how many school programs, libraries, help for the homeless and mentally ill could 500 million have helped support anyway.

But, let's not consider context, let's just keep riding Orange Man Bad like it was going out of style.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, The General said:

Yes this is the FBI’s problem, or the Dems, actually probably Obama’s really, not Trump and his mental issue where he can’t admit defeat so he would rather destroy the country or the Q lemming wackos at the Capitol that day. They are blameless. Really we should celebrate them.

This continues to get more bizarre :lol: What awaits next! 

 

 

Direct Headline: Officials Face Backlash After Calling For ‘Permanent’ Fence Around Capitol While U.S. Halts Border Wall

By  Ryan Saavedra Jan 29, 2021 

https://www.dailywire.com/news/officials-face-backlash-after-calling-for-permanent-fence-around-capitol-while-u-s-halts-border-wall

 

*******

Part of the context that many refuse to discuss is that elected officials are supposed to be working for all of us. Hiding behind your castle walls is a classic strategy - for a feudal system.

Your tax dollars at work. Building walls for Fort Pelosi and ignoring the immigration crisis that is going to cost endless gobs of taxpayer dollars when actual current American citizens need help. But hey, why not infuse plenty of new "bought loyalty" Democratic Party voters in key Red strongholds while the opportunity strikes.

So the next mistake The General is making, if we are discussing more objective lessons here, is firing off posts without an actual point. Without a specific direction. Without a primary purpose.

I've taken the narrative, I did long ago, and am driving the issue of context. I know where I am going and why I am going there. Functional debate needs actual structure.

January 6th has quite a bit of complexity to it, but Orange Man Bad can only operate in hit and run ad hominem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, GordonGekko said:

 

Direct Headline: Officials Face Backlash After Calling For ‘Permanent’ Fence Around Capitol While U.S. Halts Border Wall

By  Ryan Saavedra Jan 29, 2021 

https://www.dailywire.com/news/officials-face-backlash-after-calling-for-permanent-fence-around-capitol-while-u-s-halts-border-wall

 

*******

Part of the context that many refuse to discuss is that elected officials are supposed to be working for all of us. Hiding behind your castle walls is a classic strategy - for a feudal system.

Your tax dollars at work. Building walls for Fort Pelosi and ignoring the immigration crisis that is going to cost endless gobs of taxpayer dollars when actual current American citizens need help. But hey, why not infuse plenty of new "bought loyalty" Democratic Party voters in key Red strongholds while the opportunity strikes.

So the next mistake The General is making, if we are discussing more objective lessons here, is firing off posts without an actual point. Without a specific direction. Without a primary purpose.

I've taken the narrative, I did long ago, and am driving the issue of context. I know where I am going and why I am going there. Functional debate needs actual structure.

January 6th has quite a bit of complexity to it, but Orange Man Bad can only operate in hit and run ad hominem.

Have you made a point about the topic yet?

Would you like me to spam random articles about related topics? I have Google as well :lol:

I get it you think the media created this, the summer protests were bad but this wasn’t, Biden is basically a revolutionist since he was arrested, Pelosi is a Marxist, Tucker Carlson thinks the FBI is the Gestapo, Corn is a grass (my favorite), and the protecting of the Capitol is wasteful spending. 

I have responded to every random article you posted even though this is an obvious fishing expedition. I get bored as well sometimes.

Very odd schtick. If you just post nonsense and people stop responding I guess is the point. Well made. 

You and I disagree although I don’t really know what you are talking about. Have a great evening. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, The General said:

This is my favorite thing you have posted so far.

 

Direct Headline: 91% of Trump voters sticking by him despite Capitol Hill riot: Poll

by Andrew Mark Miller January 13, 2021 10:21 AM

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/91-percent-stick-with-trump-despite-riot

 

*******

Here's the true context that the DNC can't handle. They want to neutralize Trump from running in 2024. But nothing indicates that's a stone cold lock. Ted Cruz has control and influence over about 550-600 RNC delegates. Nikki Haley will lock in some moderates and even a few across the aisle and she has appeal to women and some minorities immediately. But unless the majority of RNC delegates can be convinced that Haley has more than a puncher's chance, there will be a hard look at Trump's impact all down the RNC ticket. He simply mobilizes voters and generates lots of free ad time through the MSM ( over 2 billion dollars worth in 2016 alone)

So where else is The General failing here in debate? He can't neutralize the context narrative and he's offered nothing of his own. Since he's aimless and directionless at this point, he's only useful as a walking heavy bag for instructive purposes. But we should all thank him for his sacrifice here. ( Let's take a moment of pause so we can all do a silent golf clap)

He can't control the narrative, but he's also letting me dictate the pace of conversation. Long lulls then heavy bursts, but he immediately responds. Who controls the pace in debate is the dominant member within the hierarchy. This is basic PR 101.

And, if there is one thing Old Man Gekko still has, it's a dominant member. I mean I realize many here see my writing ability at this advanced age as unshakably incredible, but that I can still deliver massive payloads from a well guarded silo in the district of Pound Town is nothing short of miraculous. They all convince themselves that I'll commit, but the only thing I've ever committed to is being a hard edged load dropping Alpha.

But I digress.

So The General only has two options here. Immediate replies, which keeps him submissive. Or backing down, which robs him of the external validation he wants so badly.

Someone asked me in the Jen Psaki thread where she is specifically failing in her press conferences. If we look at basic PR 101, she's not controlling the pace of her engagement with hostile reporters. She's not doing lots of other fundamental basics that would help her, but this is a major one.

But God forbid we actually explore context in an actual democracy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, GordonGekko said:

 

Direct Headline: 91% of Trump voters sticking by him despite Capitol Hill riot: Poll

by Andrew Mark Miller January 13, 2021 10:21 AM

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/91-percent-stick-with-trump-despite-riot

 

*******

Here's the true context that the DNC can't handle. They want to neutralize Trump from running in 2024. But nothing indicates that's a stone cold lock. Ted Cruz has control and influence over about 550-600 RNC delegates. Nikki Haley will lock in some moderates and even a few across the aisle and she has appeal to women and some minorities immediately. But unless the majority of RNC delegates can be convinced that Haley has more than a puncher's chance, there will be a hard look at Trump's impact all down the RNC ticket. He simply mobilizes voters and generates lots of free ad time through the MSM ( over 2 billion dollars worth in 2016 alone)

So where else is The General failing here in debate? He can't neutralize the context narrative and he's offered nothing of his own. Since he's aimless and directionless at this point, he's only useful as a walking heavy bag for instructive purposes. But we should all thank him for his sacrifice here. ( Let's take a moment of pause so we can all do a silent golf clap)

He can't control the narrative, but he's also letting me dictate the pace of conversation. Long lulls then heavy bursts, but he immediately responds. Who controls the pace in debate is the dominant member within the hierarchy. This is basic PR 101.

And, if there is one thing Old Man Gekko still has, it's a dominant member. I mean I realize many here see my writing ability at this advanced age as unshakably incredible, but that I can still deliver massive payloads from a well guarded silo in the district of Pound Town is nothing short of miraculous. They all convince themselves that I'll commit, but the only thing I've ever committed to is being a hard edged load dropping Alpha.

But I digress.

So The General only has two options here. Immediate replies, which keeps him submissive. Or backing down, which robs him of the external validation he wants so badly.

Someone asked me in the Jen Psaki thread where she is specifically failing in her press conferences. If we look at basic PR 101, she's not controlling the pace of her engagement with hostile reporters. She's not doing lots of other fundamental basics that would help her, but this is a major one.

But God forbid we actually explore context in an actual democracy.

Ol Gordon Gecko banging away on his laptop.

Please let Trump run again, seeing that dude get worked over does provide pleasure to so many. He got beaten soundly by Joe freakin Biden. The sting that brings him every morning has to hurt. So much so he’s gone into hiding and has popped up only once at the monster truck CPAC rally.

Even that appearance was half-hearted. He had a fresh coat of paint on but the damage was still obvious to even his fans. They know it deep down. Tired, punched out, boring.

He’s clearly moved on to his original game - scamming people out of their money. If sticking around in the world of politics can get that money, he’ll do it.

The only place the Trump name will be wanted    however are in heavily gerrymandered districts and Deep South states where he can potentially primary a candidate. As a Democrat I welcome him to stick around and as a fan of his comedy I do miss his stand-up routine. 

Psaki is doing great in her press conferences. Tough, thankless job that sets people up for nice gigs down the road. She will do well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, The General said:

I get it you think the media created this, the summer protests were bad but this wasn’t, Biden is basically a revolutionist since he was arrested, Pelosi is a Marxist, Tucker Carlson thinks the FBI is the Gestapo, Corn is a grass (my favorite), and the protecting of the Capitol is wasteful spending. 

....

You and I disagree although I don’t really know what you are talking about. Have a great evening. 

 

 

VIDEO: How to Win a Debate, According to a 16-Year-Old Expert •Oct 22, 2020

Rosdely Ciprian, 16, is an exceptional debater and now a judge of the craft. She’s been perfecting her impressive skills since the sixth grade. Her talent has taken her to Broadway, where she debated on stage in the play, “What the Constitution Means to Me,” now streaming on Amazon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDpWiQktS6o

 

VIDEO: Thank You for Smoking - Ice Cream Debate •Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjOrOMVFCbs

 

******

Consider this as an opportunity to develop your debate skills. Consider the element of context discussed in the videos above. I said this in 2006 and it's still true today, everything is a learning opportunity.

Never let it be said that Old Man Gekko does not offer parting gifts.

Who's next?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GordonGekko said:

 

VIDEO: How to Win a Debate, According to a 16-Year-Old Expert •Oct 22, 2020

Rosdely Ciprian, 16, is an exceptional debater and now a judge of the craft. She’s been perfecting her impressive skills since the sixth grade. Her talent has taken her to Broadway, where she debated on stage in the play, “What the Constitution Means to Me,” now streaming on Amazon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDpWiQktS6o

 

VIDEO: Thank You for Smoking - Ice Cream Debate •Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjOrOMVFCbs

 

******

Consider this as an opportunity to develop your debate skills. Consider the element of context discussed in the videos above. I said this in 2006 and it's still true today, everything is a learning opportunity.

Never let it be said that Old Man Gekko does not offer parting gifts.

Who's next?

That’s it? The big pay off :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/15/politics/capitol-riot-family-divide-guy-reffitt/index.html?utm_content=2021-03-16T03%3A43%3A02&utm_source=twCNNp&utm_medium=social&utm_term=linktm_term=link

Texas Three Percenter who threatened his teenage kids, and discussed attacking the Capitol again. 

His son has left home, and is hiding from his father. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, GordonGekko said:

 

Direct Headline: 91% of Trump voters sticking by him despite Capitol Hill riot: Poll

by Andrew Mark Miller January 13, 2021 10:21 AM

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/91-percent-stick-with-trump-despite-riot

 

*******

Here's the true context that the DNC can't handle. They want to neutralize Trump from running in 2024. But nothing indicates that's a stone cold lock. Ted Cruz has control and influence over about 550-600 RNC delegates. Nikki Haley will lock in some moderates and even a few across the aisle and she has appeal to women and some minorities immediately. But unless the majority of RNC delegates can be convinced that Haley has more than a puncher's chance, there will be a hard look at Trump's impact all down the RNC ticket. He simply mobilizes voters and generates lots of free ad time through the MSM ( over 2 billion dollars worth in 2016 alone)

So where else is The General failing here in debate? He can't neutralize the context narrative and he's offered nothing of his own. Since he's aimless and directionless at this point, he's only useful as a walking heavy bag for instructive purposes. But we should all thank him for his sacrifice here. ( Let's take a moment of pause so we can all do a silent golf clap)

He can't control the narrative, but he's also letting me dictate the pace of conversation. Long lulls then heavy bursts, but he immediately responds. Who controls the pace in debate is the dominant member within the hierarchy. This is basic PR 101.

And, if there is one thing Old Man Gekko still has, it's a dominant member. I mean I realize many here see my writing ability at this advanced age as unshakably incredible, but that I can still deliver massive payloads from a well guarded silo in the district of Pound Town is nothing short of miraculous. They all convince themselves that I'll commit, but the only thing I've ever committed to is being a hard edged load dropping Alpha.

But I digress.

So The General only has two options here. Immediate replies, which keeps him submissive. Or backing down, which robs him of the external validation he wants so badly.

Someone asked me in the Jen Psaki thread where she is specifically failing in her press conferences. If we look at basic PR 101, she's not controlling the pace of her engagement with hostile reporters. She's not doing lots of other fundamental basics that would help her, but this is a major one.

But God forbid we actually explore context in an actual democracy.

Looking forward to seeing polls in the next couple years as to what Republican has the best shot to win a National election. I don’t think it’s the former President

Link to comment
Share on other sites

After watching many of these videos I am unsure how not one of those officers starting shooting those #######s. Damn it is scary to watch. 

And oh yeah we have these twelve Republicans that voted against giving these officers the congressional gold medal.

The House of Representatives passed legislation in rare bipartisan fashion Wednesday to award the Congressional Gold Medal to officers of the US Capitol Police and the Metropolitan Police Department for their work protecting the Capitol on January 6.

The legislation provides for a third gold medal to be given to the Smithsonian to be displayed and for research purposes.

The final vote was 413-12 to award the law enforcement agencies for what House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has previously called "a moment of extraordinary heroism."

Twelve Republicans voted against the bipartisan legislation: Louie Gohmert of Texas, Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia, Andy Biggs of Arizona, who chairs the Freedom Caucus, Thomas Massie of Kentucky, Andy Harris of Maryland, Lance Gooden of Texas, Matt Gaetz of Florida, Michael Cloud of Texas, Andrew Clyde of Georgia, Bob Good of Virginia, Greg Steube of Florida and John Rose of Tennessee

Edited by the moops
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, the moops said:

After watching many of these videos I am unsure how not one of those officers starting shooting those #######s. Damn it is scary to watch. 

And oh yeah we have these twelve Republicans that voted against giving these officers the congressional gold medal.

The House of Representatives passed legislation in rare bipartisan fashion Wednesday to award the Congressional Gold Medal to officers of the US Capitol Police and the Metropolitan Police Department for their work protecting the Capitol on January 6.

The legislation provides for a third gold medal to be given to the Smithsonian to be displayed and for research purposes.

The final vote was 413-12 to award the law enforcement agencies for what House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has previously called "a moment of extraordinary heroism."

Twelve Republicans voted against the bipartisan legislation: Louie Gohmert of Texas, Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia, Andy Biggs of Arizona, who chairs the Freedom Caucus, Thomas Massie of Kentucky, Andy Harris of Maryland, Lance Gooden of Texas, Matt Gaetz of Florida, Michael Cloud of Texas, Andrew Clyde of Georgia, Bob Good of Virginia, Greg Steube of Florida and John Rose of Tennessee

That’s a who’s who of terrible legislators

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/18/2021 at 5:22 PM, sho nuff said:

Shame in anyone who has downplayed this.  Officers punched, beaten with sticks, flagpoles, their own shields.  Sprayed with who knows what.  

Shame on leftists who downplayed far far more violent attacks.

BLM mob beats white man unconscious after making him crash truck: video

Violence only draws outrage when it meets certain political objectives.  

Edited by jon_mx
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For me the act of trying to overthrow the government inspires way more rage than watching someone get beat up (whether it's cops at the Capitol, or truck drivers).  It's not the same thing to me.

Live long enough and the conclusion that a non-trivial percentage of people are just ####ty is unavoidable.  So some level of bad stuff is expected -- ####ty people do ####ty things.  It's sad.  It can be awful.  But it's not unexpected.

Seeing those things from law enforcement people who've sworn to protect the public?  Whole different level.  I expect more from them.  It's not the same thing for me.

Inciting a mob to come to DC on the day the vote is being certified, whipping them into a rage telling them to fight over and over and pointing them at the Capitol at the very time the vote is being certified is another whole different level for me.  Now you're attacking ME directly, not just indirectly.

YMMV, but shouldn't really be very controversial to find out some people hold that belief.

Edited by Dinsy Ejotuz
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

For me the act of trying to overthrow the government inspires way more rage than watching someone get beat up (whether it's cops at the Capitol, or truck drivers).  It's not the same thing to me.

Live long enough and the conclusion that a non-trivial percentage of people are just ####ty is unavoidable.  So some level of bad stuff is expected -- ####ty people do ####ty things.  It's sad.  It can be awful.  But it's not unexpected.

Seeing those things from law enforcement people who've sworn to protect the public?  Whole different level.  I expect more from them.  It's not the same thing for me.

Inciting a mob to come to DC on the day the vote is being certified, whipping them into a rage telling them to fight over and over and pointing them at the Capitol at the very time the vote is being certified is another whole different level for me.  Now you're attacking ME directly, not just indirectly.

YMMV, but shouldn't really be very controversial to find out some people hold that belief.

The protestors were not trying to overthrow the government.  There were a small group of proud boys and another small group of oath keepers that did show up with the plan to escalate this into a violent disruption.  They should all be prosecuted to the full extent.  The others should be prosecuted to specific actions of violence or vandalism as appropriate.  

Our elected representatives are our servants, they are not superior.  The damage and violence and disruption that occurred surrounding BLM protests were far more destructive and deadly and the amount of property damage was in the billions.  The Capitol building damage was a tiny fraction of that.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

Good.  And guys who committed this act should be imprisoned.  But that is not the point.  The point is there is an effort to treat one side as terrorists while the other side is characterized as mostly peaceful, and pointing out this hypocrisy is chastised in here.  

Aren't you doing this same thing but in reverse? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

Aren't you doing this same thing but in reverse? 

No.  I think they should be viewed equally and based on the level of violence and individual involvement. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

Good.  And guys who committed this act should be imprisoned.  But that is not the point.  The point is there is an effort to treat one side as terrorists while the other side is characterized as mostly peaceful, and pointing out this hypocrisy is chastised in here.  

Well, it's hard to muster righteous anger after justice has been swift.

But I think we agree?

People who protest non-violently aren't the problem?  And the ones who break into buildings and assault other people deserve to have the book thrown at them?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

The protestors were not trying to overthrow the government.  There were a small group of proud boys and another small group of oath keepers that did show up with the plan to escalate this into a violent disruption.  They should all be prosecuted to the full extent.  The others should be prosecuted to specific actions of violence or vandalism as appropriate.  

Our elected representatives are our servants, they are not superior.  The damage and violence and disruption that occurred surrounding BLM protests were far more destructive and deadly and the amount of property damage was in the billions.  The Capitol building damage was a tiny fraction of that.

A president was trying to overturn the results of an election, how does that sit?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

Well, it's hard to muster righteous anger after justice has been swift.

But I think we agree?

People who protest non-violently aren't the problem?  And the ones who break into buildings and assault other people deserve to have the book thrown at them?

Certainly.  But there is video of many of them freely entering the building and even going through manned security check points.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, The General said:

If you think Gore did that, you must really be sickened by Donald.

Sure, Trump's legal actions were mostly without merit and frivolous. His calls for Pense not to certify and his calls to Georgia were disgusting.   But the impeachment of Trump for his rhetoric is an assault on free speech.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, jon_mx said:
19 minutes ago, The General said:

A president was trying to overturn the results of an election, how does that sit?

Yeah, Gore was wrong to do that.  

Gore didn't try to overturn the election result. He dropped all challenges before the Electoral College met.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

Sure, Trump's legal actions were mostly without merit and frivolous. His calls for Pense not to certify and his calls to Georgia were disgusting.   But the impeachment of Trump for his rhetoric is an assault on free speech.  

He was impeached for inciting an insurrection.  His actions should not be tolerated. Months of his BS, misinformation. He only saved by the timing of when he did this - which is pretty ridiculous but whatever.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

Certainly.  But there is video of many of them freely entering the building and even going through manned security check points.  

Well, once the original rioters broke the windows and doors of Target, many people were freely entering the store

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, the moops said:

Well, once the original rioters broke the windows and doors of Target, many people were freely entering the store

It’s the Targets fault, really. Only having 20 cops and barricades in place in front of the store. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, The General said:
24 minutes ago, the moops said:

Well, once the original rioters broke the windows and doors of Target, many people were freely entering the store

It’s the Targets fault, really. Only having 20 cops and barricades in place in front of the store. 

And they weren't true Scottish barricades, either. So they don't count.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jon_mx said:

Certainly.  But there is video of many of them freely entering the building and even going through manned security check points.  

I'd be fine with rounding up everyone in a looted Target, and everyone inside the Capitol.

Regardless, the people you're describing aren't being arrested for 1/6.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sea Duck said:

Gore didn't try to overturn the election result. He dropped all challenges before the Electoral College met.

Yes he did.  Elections were certified and Gore kept challenging.  The Electoral College is just a rubber stamp to the state certifications.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

Yes he did.  Elections were certified and Gore kept challenging.  The Electoral College is just a rubber stamp to the state certifications.  

Gore conceded in December, it was one state down to hundreds of votes.

He didn’t act remotely in the same fashion as Trump.

This comparison is really dumb.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, jon_mx said:
2 hours ago, Sea Duck said:

Gore didn't try to overturn the election result. He dropped all challenges before the Electoral College met.

Yes he did.  Elections were certified and Gore kept challenging.  The Electoral College is just a rubber stamp to the state certifications.  

Your timeline is incorrect. First, the courts delayed Florida's certification; then, the Supreme Court ruled in favor of Bush; then, Gore conceded and dropped all challenges; then, the election was certified.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Sea Duck said:

Your timeline is incorrect. First, the courts delayed Florida's certification; then, the Supreme Court ruled in favor of Bush; then, Gore conceded and dropped all challenges; then, the election was certified.

Florida certified their election on November 26. Gore conceded December 12.  

Edited by jon_mx
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, The General said:

Where in the Gore timeline was there the riot at the Capitol 🤔

Doesn't matter. Time to get off this train.

If you were worried about insurrections and riots you should have spoke up during the BLM/Antifa insurrections/riots.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

Doesn't matter. Time to get off this train.

If you were worried about insurrections and riots you should have spoke up during the BLM/Antifa insurrections/riots.

What doesn’t matter? 

I am not a fan of anyone breaking the law, are you?

When it’s a president who is instigating it, it’s a big deal. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The General said:

What doesn’t matter? 

I am not a fan of anyone breaking the law, are you?

When it’s a president who is instigating it, it’s a big deal. 

LIberals have spent the last 6 years instigating race riots. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The General said:

Show your work.

But then you’d have to support their free speech right after.

Seriously?  EVERY story is about race and making minorities victims and whitie evil.  The left has been beating the drums of a race war for years. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...