Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

January 6th - what will happen?


Recommended Posts

Just now, The General said:

They were thrown out of court. That means you lose. That’s how it works.

They were thrown out of court for standing. Meaning they didn't file the suit in the proper timeframe to be considered according to the law. They were never dismissed based on the evidence. They were never even heard.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The President told MAGA to do it MAGA said they were going to do it MAGA filmed themselves doing it Afterwards, MAGA bragged about it Clearly, it was ANTIFA’s fault

One is an ugly, decrepit wasteland ruled by an assortment of villains hoping to impose their will on peace-loving people everywhere who otherwise just want to be left alone to tend to their gardens.

So they're finally following the CDC guidelines for the pandemic?

7 minutes ago, Insein said:

The allegations of fraud brought to court were thrown out on standing and subsequently ignored afterwards. They were never investigated. When independent investigators uncovered issues with voter addresses, they are immediately discredited and silenced by twitter and YouTube. Any one independently trying to look into the issues people brought up, they are turned away and silenced. Recounting what many considered incorrect already is not going to assuage those concerns.

How do you explain Sydney Powell's defense in her $1.3B lawsuit, that no reasonable person would believe her lies about the voting machines?

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The General said:

Arguing the death of the cop is some of the weirder schtick in this place.

Well when a national publication places a cop as being murdered by insurrectionists on the front page of their paper/site, it's kind of a big deal that they blatantly lied from an "anonymous source."

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Insein said:

They were thrown out of court for standing. Meaning they didn't file the suit in the proper timeframe to be considered according to the law. They were never dismissed based on the evidence. They were never even heard.

Do you think that timelines of paperwork being filed is the reason Trump lost?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

So nothing of the narrative about this being armed deadly insurgency that was to topple government was remotely true.  

  • Love 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Insein said:

Because nothing was ever done to assure the populace that it wasn't.

So going 1 for 67 in court didn’t do that?  Unreal

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BladeRunner said:

You guys are stuck on this "he died from a fire extinguisher" narrative.  He didn't.  :shrug:

He and other cops were being attacked by a mob of people who were there based on lies from the losing President to “stop the steal” of the election. 

That this is the thing that gets talked about is missing the point, seems kind of like on purpose.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Insein said:

Well when a national publication places a cop as being murdered by insurrectionists on the front page of their paper/site, it's kind of a big deal that they blatantly lied from an "anonymous source."

The big deal is the losing President summoning a mob to the Capitol with his months of lies. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, thriftyrocker said:

"Burnt to the ground" is "death by fire extinguisher"-level inaccurate.

I can see downtown Seattle from my window. Still here, not smoking! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The General said:

He and other cops were being attacked by a mob of people who were there based on lies from the losing President to “stop the steal” of the election. 

That this is the thing that gets talked about is missing the point, seems kind of like on purpose.

The left wants us to be angry at Trump for misleading hyperbole by throwing out more even more ridiculous misleading hyperbole.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The General said:

He and other cops were being attacked by a mob of people who were there based on lies from the losing President to “stop the steal” of the election. 

That this is the thing that gets talked about is missing the point, seems kind of like on purpose.

Actually, you guys keep bringing up the fire extinguisher so that's why we keep bringing it up.  It's part of YOUR narrative.  The point being, if YOU are going to believe the false narrative/lies that you're being told, could it possibly be that they are also lying about other things?

I get your point about being attacked by a mob - we saw ample evidence of how that works during the whole BLM/Antifa riots/insurrections of the last few years.  Everything is driven by narratives - not necessarily the truth.  I'm talking about "Bof Sidez" here too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, thriftyrocker said:

"Burnt to the ground" is "death by fire extinguisher"-level inaccurate.

I think Webster’s is going to change the definition of hyperbole to just a link to your post. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jon_mx said:

The left wants us to be angry at Trump for misleading hyperbole by throwing out more even more ridiculous misleading hyperbole.  

He still claims he was cheated. Do you agree with this?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The General said:

I can see downtown Seattle from my window. Still here, not smoking! 

Yeah, I know.  And it's still funny from the first 20 times you declared there was no BLM/Antifa violence because you couldn't see it from your window.  :doh:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

The left wants us to be angry at Trump for misleading hyperbole by throwing out more even more ridiculous misleading hyperbole.  

And the right wants us to excuse Trump for misleading hyperbole by throwing out even more ridiculous misleading hyperbole.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BladeRunner said:

Actually, you guys keep bringing up the fire extinguisher so that's why we keep bringing it up.  It's part of YOUR narrative.  The point being, if YOU are going to believe the false narrative/lies that you're being told, could it possibly be that they are also lying about other things?

I get your point about being attacked by a mob - we saw ample evidence of how that works during the whole BLM/Antifa riots/insurrections of the last few years.  Everything is driven by narratives - not necessarily the truth.  I'm talking about "Bof Sidez" here too.

I have said boo about a fire extinguisher. From my understanding they corrected that story, if anyone says that still they are incorrect.

There was a mob of people attacking cops at the Capitol to “Stop the Steal” based on Trump’s complete BS (that he is still repeating and is believed by many apparently) that is the story. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

Yeah, I know.  And it's still funny from the first 20 times you declared there was no BLM/Antifa violence because you couldn't see it from your window.  :doh:

When did I say this?

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, The General said:

When did I say this?

Hmmmm...It's possible I might have you confused for another poster.  There were actually TWO posters in the Riot/Protest thread who reported that because they couldn't see anything from their windows or a walk around the neighborhood there was no violence.  I could have sworn you were one of them.

I'll go back and find the posts if I can.

Maybe @Insein, @jon_mx, @GoBirds, @STEADYMOBBIN 22, @parasaurolophus, @Sand, @rockaction, @quick-hands or @KingPrawn or @supermike80 can give me an assist here.  I know there were some guys saying this in that thread.

Edited by BladeRunner
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The General said:

I have said boo about a fire extinguisher. From my understanding they corrected that story, if anyone says that still they are incorrect.

There was a mob of people attacking cops at the Capitol to “Stop the Steal” based on Trump’s complete BS (that he is still repeating and is believed by many apparently) that is the story. 

Sure.  But when "you guys" (meaning: not necessarily you  but maybe you and people like you) keep quoting falsehoods to back your story up then what are we actually supposed to believe?

In reality, if someone lies to you then everything they say after that becomes suspect at best or another lie at worst.  This is common behavior for everyone in all conversations.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

A story that was corrected said a group of people beat a cop with a fire extinguisher when they merely sprayed him with bear spray to get into the Capitol building to interfere with the selection of our President as directed by the previous President. 

What is the key information to focus on in that paragraph? Hint: it’s not the fire extinguisher.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

Hmmmm...It's possible I might have you confused for another poster.  There were actually TWO posters in the BLM/Antifa thread who reported that because they couldn't see anything from their windows or a walk around the neighborhood there was no violence.  I could have sworn you were one of them.

I'll go back and find the posts if I can.

Please do. Go back and read that thread from the beginning. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

Sure.  But when "you guys" (meaning: not necessarily you  but maybe you and people like you) keep quoting falsehoods to back your story up then what are we actually supposed to believe?

In reality, if someone lies to you then everything they say after that becomes suspect at best or another lie at worst.  This is common behavior for everyone in all conversations.

Why is this fire extinguisher thing the important information to latch onto from that day?

That is bizarre.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, FairWarning said:

Something in this story must have really stepped on the far right misinformation anthill this AM. The vice president not being able to order protection at our own capitol is probably not an eventuality the Founders thought of.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The General said:

Why is this fire extinguisher thing the important information to latch onto from that day?

That is bizarre.

I've stated the reason numerous times in previous posts.  Not sure why you keep saying that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The General said:

Why is this fire extinguisher thing the important information to latch onto from that day?

That is bizarre.

If it’s inaccurate (which it is) and it keeps being pointed too I understand why it’s important and continues to be corrected or pointed out. What I don’t get is it used as a talking point about how 1/6 was not really a big deal.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BladeRunner said:

I've stated the reason numerous times in previous posts.  Not sure why you keep saying that.

It’s not the important part of the story. It was an inaccurate headline that was corrected. That a mob of people attacked the Capitol based on the losing President’s LIES is the story. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Insein said:

They were thrown out of court for standing. Meaning they didn't file the suit in the proper timeframe to be considered according to the law. They were never dismissed based on the evidence. They were never even heard.

This is not true.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, The General said:

A story that was corrected said a group of people beat a cop with a fire extinguisher when they merely sprayed him with bear spray to get into the Capitol building to interfere with the selection of our President as directed by the previous President. 

What is the key information to focus on in that paragraph? Hint: it’s not the fire extinguisher.

The beat up a cop part? Because that didn't happen.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The General said:
16 minutes ago, Insein said:

The beat up a cop part? Because that didn't happen.

138 cops were injured Jan 6th.

Including one who pleaded for his life by shouting "I have kids!".

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

Including one who pleaded for his life by shouting "I have kids!".

And are the people responsible arrested?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

Including one who pleaded for his life by shouting "I have kids!".

Right. But this one cop who was simply sprayed with bear spray and not hit with a fire extinguisher is the main thing to keep focused on here!

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

I have no idea, I don't know if they were able to be identified.

Over a hundred arrests have been made. I think they got them. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, The General said:

Right. But this one cop who was simply sprayed with bear spray and not hit with a fire extinguisher is the main thing to keep focused on here!

Yes. It is a big thing to focus on. Displaying to the country that a police officer was murdered by being bludgeoned to death by a fire extinguisher is A LOT different than "got bear sprayed, went home with no apparent issues and died of a possible stroke a day later." The fact that you keep dismissing it as a trivial detail is what's really alarming.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Amused to Death said:

405 have been arrested. They're not done.

See. Good chance they got the people responsible or are zeroing in on them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Insein said:

Yes. It is a big thing to focus on. Displaying to the country that a police officer was murdered by being bludgeoned to death by a fire extinguisher is A LOT different than "got bear sprayed, went home with no apparent issues and died of a possible stroke a day later." The fact that you keep dismissing it as a trivial detail is what's really alarming.

This does not change the narrative of that day in my mind at the least. This is seriously grasping at straws on your part. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Insein said:

This is why we will never have peace. Too many people are too emotional to think rationally. Everything has died down. The impeachment farce is gone and yet 3 months later an article comes out and you want to kill the former president. This is why we have the problems we do today.

As a conservative, that is my opinion based on the facts.  The Republicans need to move on from him and force him to start a third party.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Insein said:

See. Good chance they got the people responsible or are zeroing in on them.

Didn't you post "The beat up a cop part? Because that didn't happen"??

Looks like it did. Along with 137 others.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FairWarning said:

As a conservative, that is my opinion based on the facts.  The Republicans need to move on from him and force him to start a third party.  

I would agree from a political standpoint. But calling for death is extreme.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   1 member


×
×
  • Create New...