Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

January 6th - what will happen?

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The President told MAGA to do it MAGA said they were going to do it MAGA filmed themselves doing it Afterwards, MAGA bragged about it Clearly, it was ANTIFA’s fault

So they're finally following the CDC guidelines for the pandemic?

One is an ugly, decrepit wasteland ruled by an assortment of villains hoping to impose their will on peace-loving people everywhere who otherwise just want to be left alone to tend to their gardens.

1 minute ago, Insein said:

I would agree from a political standpoint. But calling for death is extreme.

What he did was treason and tough going for him.  He showed his true colors in the last year.  

• Thanks 1
Just now, Amused to Death said:

Didn't you post "The beat up a cop part? Because that didn't happen"??

Looks like it did. Along with 137 others.

The beat up cop part as in the poster for the "insurrectionists movement". As in the gasoline poured on to the camp fire lighting up the forest.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/08/us/politics/police-officer-killed-capitol.html

3 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

Didn't you post "The beat up a cop part? Because that didn't happen"??

Looks like it did. Along with 137 others.

And so did the thousands of police who were injured at BLM peaceful protests.  The selective outrage is noted. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Insein said:

They were thrown out of court for standing. Meaning they didn't file the suit in the proper timeframe to be considered according to the law. They were never dismissed based on the evidence. They were never even heard.

This is yet another Republican lie. A number of cases passed standing and got to the point of listening to evidence. Trump's lawyers consistently failed to submit anything that could be considered evidence, and at that point, the cases were thrown out.

• Thanks 2
2 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

And so did the thousands of police who were injured at BLM peaceful protests.  The selective outrage is noted. 

You know nothing of my thoughts on that matter.

Also, irrelevant here. But nice try on "whataboutism".

Edited by Amused to Death
10 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

True but one is federal crimes and the others are not for the most part.  What happened on January 6 is far more important IMO.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, FairWarning said:

True but one is federal crimes and the others are not for the most part.  What happened on January 6 is far more important IMO.

I disagree.  BLM/Antifa tried to burn down FEDERAL buildings and took over a 6 block area of the city where people were murdered.

And no matter that the left supposedly did, when the country needed Trump, he wasn't there for you.  He was far too worried about his ego and reelection bid.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, BladeRunner said:

I disagree.  BLM/Antifa tried to burn down FEDERAL buildings and took over a 6 block area of the city where people were murdered.

Those would be federal crimes, yes.

5 minutes ago, FairWarning said:

Those would be federal crimes, yes.

Not sure what is so important about the distinction.  A killed or injured person is just as hurt or dead of it was a federal crime or a state crime.  

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

Not sure what is so important about the distinction.  A killed or injured person is just as hurt or dead of it was a federal crime or a state crime.  

The Jan 6th riots were predicated on one man’s vanity. He couldn’t admit he lost. It’s insane. 

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, FairWarning said:

And no matter that the left supposedly did, when the country needed Trump, he wasn't there for you.  He was far too worried about his ego and reelection bid.  

Far too many people can’t look past their political beliefs to gain true, honest perspective. It’s refreshing to read comments like yours. Thank you. 

• Like 3
24 minutes ago, The General said:

The Jan 6th riots were predicated on one man’s vanity. He couldn’t admit he lost. It’s insane. 

100%. How in the world are people still supporting insurrection? It blows my mind, too.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, BladeRunner said:

Probably best if we all just agree that both things were bad and indefensible.   Don't get the point of arguing which was slightly less bad to to get a tally for the team.  

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, FairWarning said:

If it sets the R's back 4-8 years, so be it.  Trump is setting the nation back now.  

As long as they find something that beats the disaster the Left has become I believe many of us could care less if it has anything to do with Trump. 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1
6 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

As long as they find something that beats the disaster the Left has become I believe many of us could care less if it has anything to do with Trump. 

I agree, but the R's need to get their house in order first.  I don't see the unifying person emerging at this time.  

3 minutes ago, FairWarning said:
11 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

I agree, but the R's need to get their house in order first.  I don't see the unifying person emerging at this time.  

By the way this is EXACTLY how most of the left felt about the “disaster the” right has become under Trump.  There was a literal “anyone but Trump” mindset.  That’s how we ended up with an old man with declining mental capacities in office.  To me this mirror image mindset from both sides is a disease rotting us from the inside out, and I see no vaccine on the horizon.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
3 hours ago, jon_mx said:

Nice strawman.  I never said no violence. I said the violence was instigated by a small number of people of whom it seems to have been a group of  about 40 people being a combination of Oath Keepers and Prooud Boys. 

Well....this is progress.  A few weeks back the % you used equated to 5 people so I'll take it.  You'll get there one day.

1 hour ago, The Football Freak said:
1 hour ago, The General said:

100%. How in the world are people still supporting insurrection? It blows my mind, too.

Really wasn't their fault guys...not nearly enough police there to keep them from doing what they wanted to do.  This is all on the police.  :shrug: 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, FairWarning said:

Agreed, but they Left has become so bad we could see another vote against them just as those triggered by Trump elected what we have now. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

Agreed, but they Left has become so bad we could see another vote against them just as those triggered by Trump elected what we have now. 

Until Joe incites a riot at the Capitol we are well ahead.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1
14 minutes ago, The General said:

Until Joe incites a riot at the Capitol we are well ahead.

You never had any issue w riots until now but thanks for another completely biased predictable post. :lmao:

10 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

You never had any issue w riots until now but thanks for another completely biased predictable post. :lmao:

I have issues with riots. Always have.

Biased view of the Jan 6th riots, like there's some other way to look at those :lol:

Your lack of self-awareness is outstanding.

Edited by The General
  • Like 2
54 minutes ago, The Commish said:

Well....this is progress.  A few weeks back the % you used equated to 5 people so I'll take it.  You'll get there one day.

40 people is 0.1% of 40,000.  HTH.  

4 hours ago, BladeRunner said:

Hmmmm...It's possible I might have you confused for another poster.  There were actually TWO posters in the Riot/Protest thread who reported that because they couldn't see anything from their windows or a walk around the neighborhood there was no violence.  I could have sworn you were one of them.

I'll go back and find the posts if I can.

Maybe @Insein, @jon_mx, @GoBirds, @STEADYMOBBIN 22, @parasaurolophus, @Sand, @rockaction, @quick-hands or @KingPrawn or @supermike80 can give me an assist here.  I know there were some guys saying this in that thread.

General malaise

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, BladeRunner said:

Sure.  But when "you guys" (meaning: not necessarily you  but maybe you and people like you) keep quoting falsehoods to back your story up then what are we actually supposed to believe?

In reality, if someone lies to you then everything they say after that becomes suspect at best or another lie at worst.  This is common behavior for everyone in all conversations.

And yet you still support Trump . . .

• Like 2
6 hours ago, jon_mx said:

400 arrests out of about 40,000 protesters, so that is 1 percent.  Then most have just been charge with entering and parading with some obstruction of proceedings sprinkled in on a few.  Only a fraction have any violence associated with their charges, so definitely something way south of 1 percent.  It is tough to compare the two, because virtually every person who entered the Capitol is being hunted down and charged, while the vast majority of violent BLM looters and rioters are not.  

The stat of 40,000 protestors is between double and quadruple the reports that I've read. I know we'll never have firm numbers on these sorts of things but that number seems inflated. In fact, I seem to recall some posts in another thread (from a different poster) quoting much, much lower numbers but of course that strengthened the argument he was making then about downplaying the events of 1/6. I guess it's kind of like overstating the value of one's real estate when it suits, and then also claiming that it's really not worth that much when it comes time to pay the tax bill. These numbers can be slippery.

3 hours ago, The General said:

I have issues with riots. Always have.

Biased view of the Jan 6th riots, like there's some other way to look at those :lol:

:potkettle: one of the all time best, you should step out of the PSF some. Getting too used to this alternate reality it seems. 

Edited by GoBirds
  • Laughing 1
9 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

:potkettle: one of the all time best, you should step out of the PSF some. Getting too used to this alternate reality it seems. 

I have zero clue what your point is on the Jan 6th riots.

Trump caused this Jan 6th Capitol mess to happen, no?

These were avoidable if not for his awful "I can't lose" schtick, right?

Riots are bad, yes?

9 hours ago, Insein said:

Yes that's what I mean by the media fanning flames. This article provides nothing we didn't already know and yet a seemingly reasonable person is led to the belief that the former president must die. If he can think that, what do you think it does to everyone else. 

Actually it revealed a report we didn’t know from the Pentagon.  Thats need...you may not like what it says, but it is news that should be reported.

Those flames probably should be fanned if still so many dint see the facts and aren’t  bothered by the actions and inactions of a President.

8 hours ago, Insein said:

The allegations of fraud brought to court were thrown out on standing and subsequently ignored afterwards. They were never investigated. When independent investigators uncovered issues with voter addresses, they are immediately discredited and silenced by twitter and YouTube. Any one independently trying to look into the issues people brought up, they are turned away and silenced. Recounting what many considered incorrect already is not going to assuage those concerns.

They didn’t  bring cases of fraud in the courts.  His lawyers even stated they weren’t alleging fraud.

14 minutes ago, sho nuff said:
9 hours ago, Insein said:

The allegations of fraud brought to court were thrown out on standing and subsequently ignored afterwards. They were never investigated. When independent investigators uncovered issues with voter addresses, they are immediately discredited and silenced by twitter and YouTube. Any one independently trying to look into the issues people brought up, they are turned away and silenced. Recounting what many considered incorrect already is not going to assuage those concerns.

They didn’t  bring cases of fraud in the courts.  His lawyers even stated they weren’t alleging fraud.

Yup. Even one of Trump's appointees tossed one of their PA cases due a lack of evidence.

Sydney Powell admitted in court that her claims of voting machines changing votes was fabricated out of whole cloth. Total BS, not a "lack of standing".

Edited by Amused to Death

Man, my blood is boiling watching this.  Just as angry as I was watching the mostly peaceful protests last summer.  The difference here is that these a-holes were tracked down and prosecuted.  Last summer the a-holes were ignored, or bailed out by Kamala Harris.  I hate getting into whataboutism but it’s really hard to avoid when the double standard is so blatantly obvious.  It is also relevant in that it adds fuel to the right wing anger.

Edited by ekbeats
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, ekbeats said:

Man, my blood is boiling watching this.  Just as angry as I was watching the mostly peaceful protests last summer.  The difference here is that these a-holes were tracked down and prosecuted.  Last summer the a-holes were ignored, or bailed out by Kamala Harris.  I hate getting into whataboutism but it’s really hard to avoid when the double standard is so blatantly obvious.  It is also relevant in that it adds fuel to the right wing anger.

Because they came into a building with a ton of cameras...they posted what they dod...they refused to wear masks.

Its not just whataboutism...its bad whataboutism.

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, ekbeats said:

Bill Barr was the head of the DOJ last summer.

:shrug:

• Like 2
57 minutes ago, ekbeats said:

Why do you think they were ignored

https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberthart/2021/01/07/figures-show-stark-difference-between-arrests-at-dc-black-lives-matter-protest-and-arrests-at-capitol-hill/?sh=6fc562325706

According to that article 14000 people have been arrested due to the 2020 racial justice protests. According to that article 289 people were arrested for racial justice protests on June 1, 2020 alone, not much different from the Jan 6 number (the article says 52 but it's grown to about 400).

Neither side deserves to play the victim card here. 

Edited by thriftyrocker
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, thriftyrocker said:

Why do you think they were ignored

https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberthart/2021/01/07/figures-show-stark-difference-between-arrests-at-dc-black-lives-matter-protest-and-arrests-at-capitol-hill/?sh=6fc562325706

According to that article 14000 people have been arrested due to the 2020 racial justice protests. According to that article 289 people were arrested in DC for racial justice protests on June 1, 2020 alone, not much different from the Jan 6 number (the article says 52 but it's grown to about 400).

Neither side deserves to play the victim card here. 

Not to mention the DOJ was lead by a couple of Trump guys. I'm not sure where the hypocrisy is. Unless Barr and Wray are secretly Democratic partisans.

• Like 3
11 hours ago, Amused to Death said:

Then praised them for doing it.

Yep..."We love you and we understand" Never forget.

Edited by lazyike
  • Like 1