Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

January 6th - what will happen?

Maik Jeaunz

33 minutes ago, massraider said:

BREAKING: Jon Schaffer, a heavy metal guitarist and self-described lifetime member of the Oath Keepers, is about to plead guilty for participating in the Jan. 6 Capitol attack — and enter into a cooperaiton agreement.

The agreement requires Schaffer to "cooperate fully with the United States," Mehta notes. Schaffer agrees.

The government has agreed to sponsor Schaffer for witness protection, Mehta says.

8 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

BREAKING: Jon Schaffer, a heavy metal guitarist and self-described lifetime member of the Oath Keepers, is about to plead guilty for participating in the Jan. 6 Capitol attack — and enter into a cooperaiton agreement.

The agreement requires Schaffer to "cooperate fully with the United States," Mehta notes. Schaffer agrees.

The government has agreed to sponsor Schaffer for witness protection, Mehta says.

And unlike the previous administration, it's unlikely that this DoJ will simply drop the charges even after a guilty plea.  Nor is he likely to get a pardon.

8 minutes ago, The Commish said:

Damn!!  How DEEP does this STATE run?!?!?!?!

Mike Lindell and Sidney Powell die and go to heaven.  The Lord meets them, and Powell asks what sort of punishment the election cheats can expect.  

The Lord says, 'No one cheated in the election, my child'

Lindell turns to Powell and says, "Man, this goes deeper than we thought......."

• Like 1
  • Laughing 3

How it started:

When setting Rachel Powell’s conditions of release, Chief U.S. District Judge Beryl Howell said Powell “must wear a mask whenever she leaves her residence.”

So Powell, who was an anti-masker before she stormed the Capitol, is wearing a mesh mask to her workplace. #bullhornlady

How it is going:

A federal judge has just threatened to revoke Powell's pretrial release or hold her in contempt of court for flouting the court's requirement that she wear a mask.  Judge requires Powell to show cause why court should not revoke pretrial release.

13 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

How it started:

When setting Rachel Powell’s conditions of release, Chief U.S. District Judge Beryl Howell said Powell “must wear a mask whenever she leaves her residence.”

So Powell, who was an anti-masker before she stormed the Capitol, is wearing a mesh mask to her workplace. #bullhornlady

How it is going:

A federal judge has just threatened to revoke Powell's pretrial release or hold her in contempt of court for flouting the court's requirement that she wear a mask.  Judge requires Powell to show cause why court should not revoke pretrial release.

I don't know this woman personally but she seems to be a real piece of cake.   If I'm the judge she is sitting in a jail cell until her day in court.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

His testimony has to be pretty useful against a big fish.

4 minutes ago, Drunken Cowboy said:

His testimony has to be pretty useful against a big fish.

I am assuming it not necessarily a "big fish" but more along the lines of catching many little fish.  

If I had to guess, I think he is providing testimony about the gun stash at the hotel in Virginia, which will ratchet up the charges against a bunch of people connected with Oath Keepers.

I would say there is an outside chance he has testimony related to someone like Stone, or someone in Congress/Administration.

48 minutes ago, massraider said:

Mike Lindell and Sidney Powell die and go to heaven.  The Lord meets them, and Powell asks what sort of punishment the election cheats can expect.  

The Lord says, 'No one cheated in the election, my child'

Lindell turns to Powell and says, "Man, this goes deeper than we thought......."

Perfect :lmao: 

34 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

Or information about any coordination with other militias or members of the government. 

Coordination!?!  Unpossible.....we KNOW that's fake news.

1 hour ago, Amused to Death said:

Or information about any coordination with other militias or members of the government. 

Prosecutors and Schaffer's attorneys agreed to recommend that he get between 3.5 and 4.5 years in prison, based on how fruitful his cooperation is with the government.

35 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

Prosecutors and Schaffer's attorneys agreed to recommend that he get between 3.5 and 4.5 years in prison, based on how fruitful his cooperation is with the government.

😮

Thats a pretty big number...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:
40 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

😮

Thats a pretty big number...

Makes you wonder how much time these people who aren't cooperating are looking at.

ETA: Kinda goes against the narrative that it really wasn't that big of a deal. Maybe not, till you're looking at 5+ years in prison.

Edited by Amused to Death
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Amused to Death said:

Makes you wonder how much time these people who aren't cooperating are looking at.

I was naively thinking these were all going to be plea deals for < 1 year.  Kind of shocked that a cooperating witness has agreed to 3-4 years.

I do think the DOJ had more evidence of coordination amongst the Oath Keepers - so I would be a little nervous if I were them right now.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sinn Fein said:

I was naively thinking these were all going to be plea deals for < 1 year.  Kind of shocked that a cooperating witness has agreed to 3-4 years.

I do think the DOJ had more evidence of coordination amongst the Oath Keepers - so I would be a little nervous if I were them right now.

More than a little.  Ditto for anyone who was talking to or coordinating with them.

He pleaded guilty to obstructing an official proceeding and entering a restricted building with a deadly or dangerous weapon, both of which are felonies. Schaffer was captured on surveillance video inside the Capitol carrying what prosecutors identified as “bear spray,” which they said he sprayed at Capitol Police officers.

The two charges against him carry a maximum sentence of 20 years and 10 years, respectively,

Huh.  Sounds serious.

Edited by Dinsy Ejotuz

4 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

He pleaded guilty to obstructing an official proceeding and entering a restricted building with a deadly or dangerous weapon, both of which are felonies. Schaffer was captured on surveillance video inside the Capitol carrying what prosecutors identified as “bear spray,” which they said he sprayed at Capitol Police officers.

Huh

But he wasn't armed!  Besides, he was just horsing around. 

Proud boys will be boys!

1 hour ago, Sinn Fein said:

The "Oath Keepers" may need a name change since they are are falling over themselves to take deals to save some time in the pokey :lol:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

Huh.  Sounds serious.

Huh. So everyone charged with entering a restricted building is facing 10 years (assuming unarmed). 

Well at least they can rest assured they are loved. Bet they'll remember that day.

ETA: and a felony conviction on their record, so no more guns.

Edited by Amused to Death

3 hours ago, Amused to Death said:

Huh. So everyone charged with entering a restricted building is facing 10 years (assuming unarmed). 

Well at least they can rest assured they are loved. Bet they'll remember that day.

ETA: and a felony conviction on their record, so no more guns.

Probably worth to spend 10 years behind bars as long as they know are loved and understood.  Course they are likely thinking that Trump will get elected in 2024 and grant them pardons. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lazyike said:

Probably worth to spend 10 years behind bars as long as they know are loved and understood.  Course they are likely thinking that Trump will get elected in 2024 and grant them pardons. 

One of his most impactful cons. His masterpiece really.

13 hours ago, lazyike said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see Trump run with that as part of his platform. Elect me and those god loving patriots will be home to their families as soon as I am sworn in.

1 hour ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

I watched this last night. It's pretty good.

Frontline: American Insurrection

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcGi4maiJW8

Thanks for posting this.

The interview with Brien James at like 17/18 minutes seems like the Rosetta Stone -- the enveloping of the racial stuff into a broader ideology that can contain it, but, at least for a lot of the movement participants, isn't necessarily defined by it.

ETA: this is called out specifically a few minutes later.  White supremacists love fascism, but not all fascists are white supremacists.

Edited by Dinsy Ejotuz

On 4/16/2021 at 3:55 PM, Amused to Death said:

ETA: Kinda goes against the narrative that it really wasn't that big of a deal. Maybe not, till you're looking at 5+ years in prison.

Along those lines:

BREAKING: Federal judge orders Proud Boys leaders Ethan NORDEAN and Joseph BIGGS *detained* pending trial, reversing earlier rulings.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Along those lines:

BREAKING: Federal judge orders Proud Boys leaders Ethan NORDEAN and Joseph BIGGS *detained* pending trial, reversing earlier rulings.

Do you have a link for this? I don't see it when I google it.

Gotta wonder if this is due to any info provided by Schaffer. 

2 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

Its ongoing -  judge ruling from bench:

https://twitter.com/ZoeTillman/status/1384178722731745287

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1384176995915886596

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

Not entirely sure, but I don't think so - but easily could be wrong.

Both have been indicted, post initial detention hearings, which seems to be driving this decision, but I don't know if Schaffer provided any testimony to the grand jury.

1 minute ago, Sinn Fein said:

Not entirely sure, but I don't think so - but easily could be wrong.

Both have been indicted, post initial detention hearings, which seems to be driving this decision, but I don't know if Schaffer provided any testimony to the grand jury.

Just a thought, but I wondered if Schaffer, a leader of the Oath Keepers, provided testimony or evidence of coordination with leaders of the Proud Boys. Which may cause a judge to revoke bail.

Breaking

https://longisland.news12.com/medical-examiner-capitol-officer-died-of-natural-causes

Medical examiner: Capitol officer died of natural causes

The D.C. medical examiner's office ruled Monday that Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick, who was injured during the Jan. 6 insurrection, suffered a stroke and died from natural causes.

Sicknick was among five people who died after the riot. Two men have been charged with assaulting Sicknick in the melee.

Investigators initially believed he was hit in the head with a fire extinguisher, based on statements collected early in the investigation, according to two people familiar with the case. And they later thought perhaps Sicknick may have ingested a chemical substance — possibly bear spray — that may have contributed to his death.

But the determination of a natural cause of death means the medical examiner found that a medical condition alone caused his death — it was not brought on by an injury. The determination is likely to significantly inhibit the ability of federal prosecutors to bring homicide charges in connection with Sicknick’s death.

Lawyers for the men charged with assault had no comment.

Sicknick died after defending the Capitol against the mob that stormed the building as Congress was voting to certify Joe Biden’s electoral win over Donald Trump. It came after Trump urged supporters on the National Mall to “fight like hell” to overturn his defeat.

3 hours ago, glvsav37 said:

Really because I was told by cnn and msnbc that he was killed by fire extinguisher and bear spray? Weird.. maybe Facebook, Twitter etc should ban them permanently..

Edited by stlrams
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, stlrams said:

Really because I was told by cnn and msnbc that he was killed by fire extinguisher and bear spray? Weird.. maybe Facebook, Twitter etc should ban them permanently..

Thats not quite what they told you though...was it.

7 hours ago, glvsav37 said:

The D.C. medical examiner's office ruled Monday that Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick, who was injured during the Jan. 6 insurrection, suffered a stroke and died from natural causes.

I mean talk about not being able to let go...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

I mean talk about not being able to let go...

The Capitol Police still said today that he died in the line of duty.  I thought facts mattered?  Btw - I started a separate topic on it.

2 hours ago, sho nuff said:

Thats not quite what they told you though...was it.

That’s exactly what they said.  I just watched 4 clips of them saying those exact words.  But it was on Tucker Carlson so I’m thinking you’ll discount all the clips as authentic based on the source, right?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ekbeats said:

That’s exactly what they said.  I just watched 4 clips of them saying those exact words.  But it was on Tucker Carlson so I’m thinking you’ll discount all the clips as authentic based on the source, right?

But they added something...didn’t they? Something like “according to”?  And cited multiple law enforcement sources.  Correct?

But if you got it from Tucker...I doubt he showed you all of that.  Complain about bad media...then watch Tucker Carlson. Odd choice.

• Laughing 2

Well it is finally official, not a single person was murdered during the deadly armed insurection despite how the media spun everybody up.  We had one drug overdose, one heart attack, two strokes and an unarmed woman shot by police.  Three of those were misreported at some point in order to maintain a false narrative.  Give them credit, 40 percent accuracy is pretty good for the media. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, stlrams said:

You shouldn't be watching that crap. :shrug:

Thats a big part of the problem. 

• Laughing 1

34 minutes ago, The Commish said:

I believe the biggest problem is our media making up stories to fit the narrative.  Let’s start there first.

Edited by stlrams
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, The Commish said:

The problem is, it ain't that simple.  The entire MSM complex is pushing false narratives and now we have Google, YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook censoring conservatives and favoring these liberal wokist narratives.  You may not believe that or see that, but I guarrentee you 90 plus percentage of conservatives experience this crap everyday.

But hurray, we have a bunch of people expecting a huge murder conviction and they will be grossly disappointed when it probably ends up just being a manslaughter charge or even worse, a hung jury.  Cities will burn, people will die....and it is all because of the divisive false narratives and unrealistic expectations that they set.  But let's blame Trump, white nationalist, or white privilege.

Edited by jon_mx
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, The Commish said:

Nah, it's important to know what is being told to the masses. I was informed about this because the mainstream media boogeyman ran a segment on it this morning. I'm sure I'd have found out via my other news means later today though.

52 minutes ago, stlrams said:

I believe the biggest problem is our media making up stories to fit the narrative.  Let’s start there first.

Do you believe they made it up completely?  That there were no sources saying what they reported as they reported it?  None?

That is a pretty big accusation.

7 hours ago, sho nuff said:

But they added something...didn’t they? Something like “according to”?  And cited multiple law enforcement sources.  Correct?

But if you got it from Tucker...I doubt he showed you all of that.  Complain about bad media...then watch Tucker Carlson. Odd choice.

Wrong as per usual. 

Disgusting to defend liars like this. This is a dead police officer that was used as a political puppet in a fake news puppets show. What the hell is wrong with you?  

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Wrong as per usual. 

Disgusting to defend liars like this. This is a dead police officer that was used as a political puppet in a fake news puppets show. What the hell is wrong with you?  

What are you doing right now?  Or others?  Using the man's death to push an agenda about the media.

No...I am not wrong.  The original reports cited law enforcement.  That is a fact of what was reported.  If you would like to refute it, do so.  I am defending that they used trusted sources in law enforcement.  I am defending that practice by the media.  It will mean that if not confirmed elsewhere, especially in the heat of moments like that, they will get things wrong.  Think of an active shooting situation...how many times are there reports of more than one shooter pushed?  How often is it true?  Does it make the media liars?  No....it means they are reporting things as it goes on.  From the point things happened, they were being told that an officer was hit with a fire extinguisher...they reported it as such.  If they tied that to Sicknick on their own and lied about...show it as much and yes they would be lying  But I don't believe that is how this played out.  And you can keep claiming I am wrong all you want...but show your work.