What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

January 6th - what will happen? (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaron C. Davis

@byaaroncdavis

BREAKING: A source tells me The Defense Department has just denied a request by DC officials to deploy the National Guard to the US Capitol.

You don’t. But you start using tear gas if necessary and you start arresting people. 
Arresting people?   They are overwhelmingly outnumbered.  Not possible.  It’s like when Bogomil stood up at Victor’s house in Beverly Hills Cop and shouted youre all under arrest and then got shot at.  

Bikers for Trump guy on Fox just said it's the peoples house so it's ok they are trying to get in...Fox cut away from him

Last edited by a moderator:
Aaron C. Davis

@byaaroncdavis

BREAKING: A source tells me The Defense Department has just denied a request by DC officials to deploy the National Guard to the US Capitol.
Who controls the Capitol Police? Will they be told to stand down?

There is going to be serious violence.  They need to get this under control before dark.  So they have about five hours. 

• Smile
Reactions: SWC
Feel like it's my duty to instruct here:

Capital - A term for financials assets.  Also, the city or town of that is the official seat of government.  Or, for you kids still learning your ABCs, it's the BIG Letter. 

Capitol - A building for government, like the one the Trump protesters are trespassing at the moment.

Thanks . I fire posts away on my phone while I’m working. You could follow me around like the old school elephants on Parade at the circus and I’ll fill your shovel with post mistakes

yes the entire capital complex and all the buildings are connected underground there is even a train take that to the bank bromigos 
Been in it before with our representative at the tome on a trip there years ago

I guess call me foolish, but I never thought we'd wind up with anything like this.  

Someone posted early that this was sedition.  And it absolutely is.  I never considered myself a Trump guy, but a Republican for sure.  And today I'm humiliated to be tied to either.  

The Republican party has lost it's way.  It's absolutely fractured.  I'm just shocked to see Mitch start off by saying this isn't the role of Congress--and Cruz, who is supposed to be Mr. Constitution go against him.  

I'm disgusted that Republicans--and this is the party now--are breaking into the capitol to instill fear to stop the certification of our elections.  

How long does it take to change your party registration? 

Thanks . I fire posts away on my phone while I’m working. You could follow me around like the old school elephants on Parade at the circus and I’ll fill your shovel with post mistakes
:lmao:

All good, man.  I'm guilty of shoddy typing, poor spelling and woeful grammar myself.  Just thought I'd make this a teachable moment.  

This will be one of those "where were you when" moments.

I can't believe what I'm watching......
My best friend is a hardcore Democrat (I've always considered myself Republican).  

He's having a field day with the "this is your party" jokes.  

But to your point--we're both in our 30's--I told him our grandkids would be reading about this in History class.  

• Thanks
Reactions: JAA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread