Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

January 6th - what will happen?

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The President told MAGA to do it MAGA said they were going to do it MAGA filmed themselves doing it Afterwards, MAGA bragged about it Clearly, it was ANTIFA’s fault

One is an ugly, decrepit wasteland ruled by an assortment of villains hoping to impose their will on peace-loving people everywhere who otherwise just want to be left alone to tend to their gardens.

So they're finally following the CDC guidelines for the pandemic?

Minneapolis Burns: BLM is leading a Marxist uprising

What is happening in Brooklyn Center is a Marxist uprising, an insurrection against capitalism and the entire American political, economic and criminal justice system. The BLM terrorists seek the revolutionary overthrow of America. And they are now showing to the entire world that the United States is a helpless giant, unable and unwilling to crush this violent, radical insurgency.

What’s really going on in the ‘battle of Portland’

Peaceful protesters don’t try to burn down federal courthouses or jails or the headquarters of a local police union, nor hurl rocks and bottles at cops, night after night for weeks on end — nor assault a police station: What’s going on in Portland is somewhere between riot and insurrection, and demands a strong federal response even if local officials are in denial.

1 hour ago, Insomniac said:

No, not even a little. The majority people who define thmselves  get to decide who is a "true conservative". I see how it's changed over the last 50 years.  Are you denying that most people who say they are conservativse now, are die hard Trumpers?

If you mean “Republican Party” then I agree completely. I don’t think the Republican Party has many conservative values any longer. They are not synonymous terms.

https://thenewamerican.com/trump-says-blm-burn-down-this-system-leader-is-guilty-of-treason-sedition-insurrection/

Illustrating how emboldened the BLM terrorists have become is that their threat-issuing leader, Hawk Newsome, didn’t shout his warning during an impassioned street riot. Rather, the Greater New York BLM president made his comments, soberly, while being interviewed Wednesday on the Fox News Channel:

“If this country doesn’t give us what we want, then we will burn down this system and replace it. All right? And I could be speaking figuratively, I could be speaking literally. It’s a matter of interpretation. Like, let’s be very real and let’s observe the history of the 1960s. When black people were rioting, we had their highest growth in wealth, in property ownership. Think about the last few weeks. Since we started protesting there’ve been eight cops fired across the country.”

Of course, what Newsome didn’t mention is that giving BLM its way would also mean replacing the system — because that’s what they want.

Either way, it spells overthrow of the system, as President Trump noted in his Thursday tweet (below).

“Black Lives Matter leader states, ‘If U.S. doesn’t give us what we want, then we will burn down this system and replace it’. This is Treason, Sedition, Insurrection!”

41 minutes ago, ekbeats said:

It's like taking candy from a baby.  :thumbup:

I'll wait for the inevitable excuses on why the BLM/Antifa insurrections weren't so bad but Jan 6th was. 

It will be something along the lines of "When my side does it it's peaceful and minor.  When your side does it its tantamount to treason."

There were plenty of people referring to some of last summer’s violent protests as “insurrections”.  But not the Leftist mainstream media.  They preferred to paint the protests in the most favorable light, using terms like “mostly peaceful protests”.  Like the old saying goes, one man’s terrorist is another man’s freedom fighter.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Grace Under Pressure said:

When the argument is "but what about this other thing!" it's called deflecting. January 6th is the topic. 

Interesting.

1 hour ago, BigJim® said:

If you mean “Republican Party” then I agree completely. I don’t think the Republican Party has many conservative values any longer. They are not synonymous terms.

I'm not trying to define what "conservative" means. I just think the majority of people who describe themselves as conservative get to define what conservative means. Trumpers would decribe themselves as conservative first before GOPers. I'd use different word than conservative but it would get me banned

I really hope reasonable people like you get control of the conservative faction but I doubt it will happen.

4 minutes ago, Insomniac said:

I'm not trying to define what "conservative" means. I just think the majority of people who describe themselves as conservative get to define what conservative means. Trumpers would decribe themselves as conservative first before GOPers. I'd use different word than conservative but it would get me banned

I really hope reasonable people like you get control of the conservative faction but I doubt it will happen.

The definition of conservative is simple - they want to conserve policies and traditions.  And this in juxtaposition to Progressives who want change.

1 minute ago, ekbeats said:

The definition of conservative is simple - they want to conserve policies and traditions.  And this in juxtaposition to Progressives who want change.

. THe vast majority of people who say they are conservative now are the people who get to define what conservatism is. What it is now is Trumpism. You want to say that's different than what it's been for most of the last 60 years I won't argue 

14 hours ago, jon_mx said:

What I hear when someone says white priviledge is 'shut the f up, your opinion is not important'.  

My gut reaction is to post my usual - "nobody says that" or "nobody is telling you that".   I am not going there, because I am sure there are people that go to this extreme and there is some book/article/blog/whatever that has this tone.   

Instead, I will just say that (as usual) I think this is a rare minority view that goes to this extreme.  What I think of when I hear "white privilege", is that statistically and historically speaking there are things I won't encounter, won't have to deal with, won't have to even think about just because of the color of my skin.  Everything from job applications to traffic stops to where I am shown apartments, etc, etc.    IMO what most people want when they bring up white privilege is to maybe just pause and think about those things for a bit and try to have empathy for people that don't have that same benefit.  I would say similar applies to me being a man too.  

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Desert_Power said:

My aunt got banned on 1/6 for cheering about the upcoming "Civil War" while the attack was ongoing. I didn't report her, but I did take a screenshot :lol: 

Wow. 

2 hours ago, BladeRunner said:

It's like taking candy from a baby.  :thumbup:

I'll wait for the inevitable excuses on why the BLM/Antifa insurrections weren't so bad but Jan 6th was. 

It will be something along the lines of "When my side does it it's peaceful and minor.  When your side does it its tantamount to treason."

Or, you could just keep ignoring the dozens of posts that were against the violence and looting last year and on the 6th.  The only ones that seem so be doing the bolded are the people like you that keep deflecting back to "but BLM!".  

Unless there is a post somewhere that I missed where you came out against what went down on Jan 6th?  

• Like 3
9 hours ago, ekbeats said:

There were plenty of people referring to some of last summer’s violent protests as “insurrections”.  But not the Leftist mainstream media.  They preferred to paint the protests in the most favorable light, using terms like “mostly peaceful protests”.  Like the old saying goes, one man’s terrorist is another man’s freedom fighter.

I stand corrected, thanks for the links. 

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

Or, you could just keep ignoring the dozens of posts that were against the violence and looting last year and on the 6th.  The only ones that seem so be doing the bolded are the people like you that keep deflecting back to "but BLM!".  

Unless there is a post somewhere that I missed where you came out against what went down on Jan 6th?  

Lol...it's not a deflection.  The left is like a patient who has cancer but only wants the doctor to focus on their broken finger.  I get it, most members of this forum hate Republicans and want to spend 24/7 bashing Republicans.   January 6th is the most significant insignificant event in history. The only reason the left loves it is because it is a club to beat Republicans with. 

Edited by jon_mx
  • Laughing 1
  • Sad 1
4 hours ago, jon_mx said:

most members of this forum hate Republicans and want to spend 24/7 bashing Republicans.

You're projecting your feelings onto all of us. Stop.

I do not hate Republicans. I'd wager most Progressives here feel the same. I dislike who you vote for, who you defend, and how you personally swear up and down that you research many different opinions on these matters, from many different sources, and yet your conclusions only become more radical in one direction. And how you flail against others in here that paint with a giant brush, lumping millions of people together into the same opinions and ideologies, while you double down on that behavior with every post. 

• Like 3
6 hours ago, jon_mx said:

Lol...it's not a deflection.  The left is like a patient who has cancer but only wants the doctor to focus on their broken finger.  I get it, most members of this forum hate Republicans and want to spend 24/7 bashing Republicans.   January 6th is the most significant insignificant event in history. The only reason the left loves it is because it is a club to beat Republicans with. 

Can you name another example where a large group of individuals attempted to stop a federal election process being performed by our elected governmental officials by storming the building where said process was occurring? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Witz said:

Can you name another example where a large group of individuals attempted to stop a federal election process being performed by our elected governmental officials by storming the building where said process was occurring? 

All that shows it that is was unique, it does not show it is significant.  Can you name peaceful protests which resulted in over $2 billion dollars worth of damages?  What happened at the Capitol was about 0.1% of that.  $2 billion is more significant.  The left is being absolute blowhards about this.  Get over it you hypocrites.  

1 hour ago, jon_mx said:

All that shows it that is was unique, it does not show it is significant.  Can you name peaceful protests which resulted in over $2 billion dollars worth of damages?  What happened at the Capitol was about 0.1% of that.  $2 billion is more significant.  The left is being absolute blowhards about this.  Get over it you hypocrites.  

Please add at the direction from the President because he couldn’t admit he lost. That is pretty unique.

2 hours ago, jon_mx said:

So you can’t give another example of a group of individuals attempting to circumvent and overthrow the electoral process (not that I’m surprised). 

Please continue with your whataboutisms. 

2 minutes ago, Witz said:

So you can’t give another example of a group of individuals attempting to circumvent and overthrow the electoral process (not that I’m surprised). 

Not the electoral process, but a bunch of goobers crashed the Oregon State Capitol when they were in session on COVID measures.

31 minutes ago, Witz said:

BLM protesters have actually killed people, but please keep pretending to be outraged over some imaginary plot to overthrow an election.  The hypocrisy of lionizing police for shooting an unarmed women protestor.  The outrage is so phoney and so political.  

• Sad 1
3 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

BLM protesters have actually killed people, but please keep pretending to be outraged over some imaginary plot to overthrow an election.  The hypocrisy of lionizing police for shooting an unarmed women protestor.  The outrage is so phoney and so political.  

Imaginary? What were they trying to do? Go on a tour? 

38 minutes ago, Apple Jack said:

Not the electoral process, but a bunch of goobers crashed the Oregon State Capitol when they were in session on COVID measures.

And they wrong. Absolutely wrong. 

See - it’s that easy to say that individuals are wrong in doing things such as this. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Witz said:

Chicago 1968?

8 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

I’m sure they’d be just as supportive of the police if they shot an unarmed black woman.

4 minutes ago, Witz said:

Imaginary? What were they trying to do? Go on a tour? 

What could they have done? It was a symbolic action.  There was no end game where they actually could have impacted anything.  It is all phony outrage. 

3 hours ago, jon_mx said:

Sigh. There is such ugliness in your posts. 

Yes, a bunch of riots that occurred in multiple cities over a course of several months caused way, way more property damage than the crimes on January 6th. So in terms of property damage they are, in the aggregate, more significant. In terms of violence and deaths, I would presume they are also, in the aggregate, more significant. In terms of our Democratic process, however, January 6th is the more significant event.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
5 minutes ago, ekbeats said:

I’m sure they’d be just as supportive of the police if they shot an unarmed black woman.

I would be. Sorry, you pose a security risk to the Presidential chain of succession, you get put down. If BLM protesters were breaking into the White House to get at President Trump chanting threats about hanging him, I would fully expect a bunch of people to be shot. And I wouldn’t question it one bit.

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, bigbottom said:

Sigh. There is such ugliness in your posts. 

Yes, a bunch of riots that occurred in multiple cities over a course of several months caused way, way more property damage than the crimes on January 6th. So in terms of property damage they are, in the aggregate, more significant. In terms of violence and deaths, I would presume they are also, in the aggregate, more significant. In terms of our Democratic process, however, January 6th is the more significant event.  

There was no ugliness in my post.  The ugliness is the politization of the event, the demonization of people, the fake outrage.  There was no damage or threat to our democracy.  The threat to democracy is this effort to kill free speech. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 2
  • Sad 1
28 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

There was no ugliness in my post.  The ugliness is the politization of the event, the demonization of people, the fake outrage.  There was no damage or threat to our democracy.  The threat to democracy is this effort to kill free speech. 

The events of January 6th are unavoidably political. 

• Like 3
38 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

What could they have done? It was a symbolic action.  There was no end game where they actually could have impacted anything.  It is all phony outrage. 

Surprised there are so many patriots going to jail over this phony, insignificant event.  

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, bigbottom said:

I would be. Sorry, you pose a security risk to the Presidential chain of succession, you get put down. If BLM protesters were breaking into the White House to get at President Trump chanting threats about hanging him, I would fully expect a bunch of people to be shot. And I wouldn’t question it one bit.

So they should have gunned down all the people there?  How do you know she was a threat?  Was it imminent that would justify the use of deadly force?  How exactly was she going to kill?  Seems a pretty low bar to justify killing someone. 

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

So they should have gunned down all the people there?  How do you know she was a threat?  Was it imminent that would justify the use of deadly force?  How exactly was she going to kill?  Seems a pretty low bar to justify killing someone. 

I’m not going to get into a debate on whether or not the Capitol police acted correctly in her particular instance as I’m not aware of all of the specific facts. What I can say is that her race is not an issue as was the accusation. And as a general matter, if people are attempting to breach a secure location where President Trump or Vice President Pence (or Biden or Harris) is present, I am going to have a lower bar for the use of deadly force. It has nothing to do with race or political party. It has to do with protecting our nation’s leadership. By way of example, if someone makes it over the fence and is running towards the front of the White House, I’m not going to be up in arms if that person is shot, regardless of the race or party of the runner or the President inside. 

As an aside, one of the people pointing a firearm at the door of the barricaded chamber was Troy Nehls, a Republican from my area. If someone had made it through that door, I’d have no issue with him firing his weapon. 

Edited by bigbottom
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, bigbottom said:

I’m not going to get into a debate on whether or not the Capitol police acted correctly in her particular instance as I’m not aware of all of the specific facts. What I can say is that her race is not an issue as was the accusation. And as a general matter, if people are attempting to breach a secure location where President Trump or Vice President Pence (or Biden or Harris) is present, I am going to have a lower bar for the use of deadly force. It has nothing to do with race or political party. It has to do with protecting our nation’s leadership. By way of example, if someone makes it over the fence and is running towards the front of the White House, I’m not going to be up in arms if that person is shot, regardless of the race or party of the runner or the President inside. 

I don't disagree, it was not her race.  It was her politics.  Black conservatives are even more maligned than white conservatives.  Sure I am jaded over today's politics, but the phony outrage whenever it is politically advantageous is too obvious to deny.  

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

I don't disagree, it was not her race.  It was her politics.  Black conservatives are even more maligned than white conservatives.  Sure I am jaded over today's politics, but the phony outrage whenever it is politically advantageous is too obvious to deny.  

Wow, the Capitol Police under Trump shot a Trump supporter because of her...politics?

Do you believe the Capitol Police are biased against Trump supporters? Had nothing to do with Congress being evacuated under threats of violence?

Amazing, really.

• Like 2
Just now, Amused to Death said:

Wow, the Capitol Police under Trump shot a Trump supporter because of her...politics?

Do you believe the Capitol Police are biased against Trump supporters? Had nothing to do with Congress being evacuated under threats of violence?

Amazing, really.

We are talking about the media/leftist outrage or lack there of.  

• Sad 1
2 hours ago, jon_mx said:

Ok - so you admit that this group of individuals was doing something they shouldn’t have but it’s ok since they were never really going to succeed in the end. 

It’s progress I guess. 

Thankfully though, the arrests that have happened so far disagree with your assessment that it was insignificant. 

Since neither the media nor the Democrats were responsible for the arrests but rather the FBI, should we also lump them into the ‘phony outrage’ camp as well?

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Witz said:

Ok - so you admit that this group of individuals was doing something they shouldn’t have but it’s ok since they were never really going to succeed in the end. 

It’s progress I guess. 

Thankfully though, the arrests that have happened so far disagree with your assessment that it was insignificant. 

Since neither the media nor the Democrats were responsible for the arrests but rather the FBI, should we also lump them into the ‘phony outrage’ camp as well?

There were about 40-50 people who were loosely organized that wanted to make a statement.  Most of the arrests are on minor misdemeanor charges which will result in very little if any jail time.  Only the few who organized or committed a violent act will see jail time.  

6 hours ago, jon_mx said:

The name of their little event was "Stop the Steal". The goal was to stop the outcome of the election. Trump is still going on about this. 

• Like 3
7 hours ago, The General said:

The name of their little event was "Stop the Steal". The goal was to stop the outcome of the election. Trump is still going on about this. 

Protests are generally about stopping something.  It does not mean the plan was to physically stop something.  I can't believe how much hay you guys try to make about nothing.  Well actually I can. 

• Laughing 1

Just stopping something like democracy. No big.

• Like 2

Just stopping something like the orderly transition of power after an election. No big. 

• Like 1