Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

January 6th - what will happen?

Maik Jeaunz

21 hours ago, Witz said:

Can you name another example where a large group of individuals attempted to stop a federal election process being performed by our elected governmental officials by storming the building where said process was occurring? 

Direct Headline: Opinion: Democrats were for occupying capitols before they were against it

Opinion by Marc A. Thiessen Jan. 14, 2021 at 11:34 a.m. PST

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/01/14/democrats-were-occupying-capitols-before-they-were-against-it/

TWEET:

Nancy PelosiX@XSpeakerPelosi

I stand with the students & workers of #WI, impressive show of democracy in action #solidarityWI

6:57 PM · Feb 17, 2011·Twitter Web Client

https://twitter.com/SpeakerPelosi/status/38431960598577153

Tonight #WI GOP showed their true aim: undermining workers' rights. I continue to stand in solidarity with #wiunion.

6:48 PM · Mar 9, 2011·Twitter for BlackBerry

https://twitter.com/SpeakerPelosi/status/45677494988320768

You should stop throwing me softballs.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

1 hour ago, GordonGekko said:

Direct Headline: Opinion: Democrats were for occupying capitols before they were against it

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2021/01/14/democrats-were-occupying-capitols-before-they-were-against-it/

TWEET:

I stand with the students & workers of #WI, impressive show of democracy in action #solidarityWI

Tonight #WI GOP showed their true aim: undermining workers' rights. I continue to stand in solidarity with #wiunion.

The outrage is so disingenuous.  For people who claim to hate Trump, they are his twin..  

1 hour ago, GordonGekko said:

Opinion piece - that pretty much says it all. 

3 hours ago, jon_mx said:

Protests are generally about stopping something.  It does not mean the plan was to physically stop something.  I can't believe how much hay you guys try to make about nothing.  Well actually I can. 

“You guys” :lol: 

The red team’s number one guy called this an attempted insurrection that was crated by a President. It’s like 3rd world stuff.

The levels you go to dismiss this are amazing.

2 hours ago, GordonGekko said:

TWEET:

If you are going to try and show your intelligence it’d help if you started with working on your reading comprehension. 

Your example was at the state level not the federal level as indicated. Do better. 

And those individuals were wrong in their storming of the Wisconsin capital a decade ago. Again - see how easy it is to say that what occurred was wrong regardless of the party leanings yet those of you on the right continue to refuse to do so. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bigbottom said:

I’m not going to get into a debate on whether or not the Capitol police acted correctly in her particular instance as I’m not aware of all of the specific facts. What I can say is that her race is not an issue as was the accusation. And as a general matter, if people are attempting to breach a secure location where President Trump or Vice President Pence (or Biden or Harris) is present, I am going to have a lower bar for the use of deadly force. It has nothing to do with race or political party. It has to do with protecting our nation’s leadership. By way of example, if someone makes it over the fence and is running towards the front of the White House, I’m not going to be up in arms if that person is shot, regardless of the race or party of the runner or the President inside. 

As an aside, one of the people pointing a firearm at the door of the barricaded chamber was Troy Nehls, a Republican from my area. If someone had made it through that door, I’d have no issue with him firing his weapon. 

What was your position last summer when protesters around the White House were dispersed with tear gas?  Because I remember a whole lot of liberal tears on that day (pun intended).

40 minutes ago, ekbeats said:

What was your position last summer when protesters around the White House were dispersed with tear gas?  Because I remember a whole lot of liberal tears on that day (pun intended).

Can't speak for BB - but my position was the forced dispersal of peaceful protestors for a Photo Op was a poor decision.

In terms of January 6 - I think the mistake was not in the failure to use force, but rather the failure to have a large presence there in the first place to discourage any attempts to storm the Capitol.

The protestors are ultimately to blame - they made the decision to storm the Capitol.  Had they stood outside and shouted stuff while congress was meeting - then I think everyone agrees that is ok.  The decision to storm the Capitol - by force - in an effort to influence and disrupt congressional action is clearly a line too far.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, ekbeats said:

You're talking about the clearly peaceful protesters in an area with a very long history of hosting peaceful protests being tear gassed on the order of Bill Barr so that the world's most un-Christian man could stand in front of a church holding a bible, looking like he literally was there to be seen standing in front of a church holding a bible? That's probably not something you want to continue bringing attention to.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, GordonGekko said:

TWEET:

Were they looking to hang anybody?  

2 hours ago, jon_mx said:

The outrage is so disingenuous.  For people who claim to hate Trump, they are his twin..  

jon_mx,

I'm going give you the sole honor, my conservative brother, of pointing out to the masses here that the article I linked came from The Washington Post. Claimed to be a "reputable" source by many, not all, but many of the hardened leftists here.

Seems they can't hide behind the "It's just the Gateway Pundit!" or "You can't trust Breibart!" or "Nothing Ben Shapiro says is ever true!" defense here.

I'm also the most heavily and varied sourced person here in the PSF. I link and source everything. I do so at a volume that is unmatched in this section of the forums. Some, not all, of the radical woke cancel culture lefties here can't attack the points I'm making, so they attack me directly. Then they attack all Conservatives.

They don't want debate with me because it's been established that I'd crush them. They started with a numbers advantage and tried to mob up on me months ago. They can't even silence one geriatric retired gangster. How pathetic is that.

• Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1

26 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Can't speak for BB - but my position was the forced dispersal of peaceful protestors for a Photo Op was a poor decision.

In terms of January 6 - I think the mistake was not in the failure to use force, but rather the failure to have a large presence there in the first place to discourage any attempts to storm the Capitol.

The protestors are ultimately to blame - they made the decision to storm the Capitol.  Had they stood outside and shouted stuff while congress was meeting - then I think everyone agrees that is ok.  The decision to storm the Capitol - by force - in an effort to influence and disrupt congressional action is clearly a line too far.

Poor decision eh?  Surprised you didn’t call them mostly peaceful protests.  So right outside the White House you had fires being started - including St. John’s Church and the Chamber of Commerce - angry crowds battling with the National Guard and Secret Service (several officers were sent to the hospital with injuries) - protesters trying to breach barricades...  and Liberals object to use of tear gas.  

Cop shoots unarmed female protester in Capitol - protesters’ fault and justified use of deadly force

Police use tear gas to break up violent mob outside White House - poor decision.

😆

27 minutes ago, GordonGekko said:

jon_mx,

I'm going give you the sole honor, my conservative brother, of pointing out to the masses here that the article I linked came from The Washington Post. Claimed to be a "reputable" source by many, not all, but many of the hardened leftists here.

Seems they can't hide behind the "It's just the Gateway Pundit!" or "You can't trust Breibart!" or "Nothing Ben Shapiro says is ever true!" defense here.

I'm also the most heavily and varied sourced person here in the PSF. I link and source everything. I do so at a volume that is unmatched in this section of the forums. Some, not all, of the radical woke cancel culture lefties here can't attack the points I'm making, so they attack me directly. Then they attack all Conservatives.

They don't want debate with me because it's been established that I'd crush them. They started with a numbers advantage and tried to mob up on me months ago. They can't even silence one geriatric retired gangster. How pathetic is that.

Do better. 

20 minutes ago, ekbeats said:

So right outside the White House you had fires being started - including St. John’s Church and the Chamber of Commerce -

I don't recall those happening at the same time as the tear gas, and crowd dispersal so that Trump could walk over to said church.

Kind of weird that he would walk over to a burning building.

25 minutes ago, ekbeats said:

Police use tear gas to break up violent mob outside White House - poor decision.

To be fair - we were not talking about the same incident.

Reading your article - I am not opposed to police breaking up the crowd when they became violent.

As I specified earlier it was a poor decision to use tear gas and other irritants to clear the protestors so that Trump could get a photo-op at the church.

5 minutes ago, Apple Jack said:

Settle down dude, I live here. I'm aware of what happened and have friends who were there. Now about that photo op...

The photo op was dumb.  But I have no problem with them using tear gas at that time, even if at that point in the evening it was peaceful.  There was an impending curfew that was well publicized.

1 hour ago, ekbeats said:

Once again - for the record - I was 100% against January 6th. 

At the bare minimum this statement is something we should all be able to get behind.  

1 hour ago, dkp993 said:

At the bare minimum this statement is something we should all be able to get behind.  

Yes...against what happened that day.

Against the violence in the summer protests.

I think most agree with the 2nd statement...but when everything about the first is always met with a "but what about the summer"...it becomes tiresome.

4 hours ago, ekbeats said:
21 hours ago, bigbottom said:

I’m not going to get into a debate on whether or not the Capitol police acted correctly in her particular instance as I’m not aware of all of the specific facts. What I can say is that her race is not an issue as was the accusation. And as a general matter, if people are attempting to breach a secure location where President Trump or Vice President Pence (or Biden or Harris) is present, I am going to have a lower bar for the use of deadly force. It has nothing to do with race or political party. It has to do with protecting our nation’s leadership. By way of example, if someone makes it over the fence and is running towards the front of the White House, I’m not going to be up in arms if that person is shot, regardless of the race or party of the runner or the President inside. 

As an aside, one of the people pointing a firearm at the door of the barricaded chamber was Troy Nehls, a Republican from my area. If someone had made it through that door, I’d have no issue with him firing his weapon. 

I can't speak for Biggie but I do recognize that there's a fundamental difference between people who attack the government, and people who don't.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sea Duck said:

I can't speak for Biggie but I do recognize that there's a fundamental difference between people who attack the government, and people who don't.

Uhmmm....I hate to break the bad news to you, but BLM/Antifa DID, indeed, attack the government.  In fact, they tried to burn down Federal buildings in the cities they were in.

I know, I know, the truth hurts.  But the truth will set you free.  Now that you know it, you can grow your knowledge.

1 minute ago, BladeRunner said:
15 minutes ago, Sea Duck said:

Uhmmm....I hate to break the bad news to you, but BLM/Antifa DID, indeed, attack the government.  In fact, they tried to burn down Federal buildings in the cities they were in.

Not in ekbeat's example.

2 minutes ago, Sea Duck said:

Not in ekbeat's example.

But that's not what YOU said:

19 minutes ago, Sea Duck said:

So either you are actually unable to recognize that (because that's exactly what BLM/Antifa did) or you were being disingenuous.

4 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

But that's not what YOU said:

So either you are actually unable to recognize that (because that's exactly what BLM/Antifa did) or you were being disingenuous.

I was referring to the difference between the examples provided by biggie and ekbeats. :lmao:

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, ekbeats said:

I thought it was unnecessary and inappropriate (if you’re talking about the tear gassing that occurred so Trump could do his photo op in front of the church). But if one of those protestors had made a run at the President during the photo op, I’d have no issue if Secret Service put a bullet in him. 

Edited by bigbottom
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, GordonGekko said:

jon_mx,

Uh yeah, that’s what is happening here.

I really don't understand this ignorant argument that January 6th is different because it involved a government building and function.  Our government serves the people, it is not superior or more important.  We don't live under the idea that our government is some kind of deity and ordinary citizens are peasants.  The January 6th protesters killed no one.  They did not storm the Capitol with weapons looking to kill anyone.  Our democracy was not threatened in the least bit.  Meanwhile real people were beatened and murdered by BLM rioters.  Mass murders around these BLM riots skyrocketed.  Literally thousands of more people were murdered in the months in the cities with large blm protests.  Real people being murdered are peaceful protests. Meanwhile a few politicians become scared that some unarmed protesters might harm them and we are supposed to be up in arms.  You people have lost it. 

BLM mob beats white man unconscious after making him crash truck: video

BLM ‘activists’ celebrated as Trump supporter was killed: Devine

Indiana woman shot, killed after argument with Black Lives Matter supporters,

Black Lives Matter led to record number of mass shootings

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

I really don't understand this ignorant argument that January 6th is different because it involved a government building and function.  Our government serves the people, it is not superior or more important.  We don't live under the idea that our government is some kind of deity and ordinary citizens are peasants.  The January 6th protesters killed no one.  They did not storm the Capitol with weapons looking to kill anyone.  Our democracy was not threatened in the least bit.  Meanwhile real people were beatened and murdered by BLM rioters.  Mass murders around these BLM riots skyrocketed.  Literally thousands of more people were murdered in the months in the cities with large blm protests.  Real people being murdered are peaceful protests. Meanwhile a few politicians become scared that some unarmed protesters might harm them and we are supposed to be up in arms.  You people have lost it. 

BLM mob beats white man unconscious after making him crash truck: video

BLM ‘activists’ celebrated as Trump supporter was killed: Devine

Indiana woman shot, killed after argument with Black Lives Matter supporters,

Black Lives Matter led to record number of mass shootings

jon:  what do you think would have happened if the “mob” had found Pence, AOC or Pelosi that day?  What would the mob have done?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alex P Keaton said:

jon:  what do you think would have happened if the “mob” had found Pence, AOC or Pelosi that day?  What would the mob have done?

Autographs and selfies. Duh. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Alex P Keaton said:

They would have yelled at them.  

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1

7 hours ago, jon_mx said:

They were doing this outside.  Apparently that wasn't enough so hundreds of them stormed the capitol, attacked police officers, smashed windows, smeared feces on the floor, and went from room to room, looking for Pence, Pelosi and others. 

Does this guy look like he just wanted to yell at them?

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Godsbrother said:

They were doing this outside.  Apparently that wasn't enough so hundreds of them stormed the capitol, attacked police officers, smashed windows, smeared feces on the floor, and went from room to room, looking for Pence, Pelosi and others. 

Does this guy look like he just wanted to yell at them?

Sorry, but that is utterly ridiculous.  The activities you mention are not that unusual at heated protest, to extrapolate that to murder is an enormous stretch.  If there was such a plan they would have been brandishing guns.  It is really pointless to argue when the left employs opposite presumptions and standards depending on if they like the protestors or not.  It is just ridiculous one side rhetoric where one sided is treated with the presumption of goodness and the other side is treated with the presumption of evil.  An unarmed woman was shot and killed who posed zero threat to anyone and not one eyebrow is raised by the media.  Quite the contrary, it was used to show how deadly the protest was. 

Edited by jon_mx

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

Sorry, but that is utterly ridiculous.  The activities you mention are not that unusual at heated protest, to extrapolate that to murder is an enormous stretch.  If there was such a plan they would have been brandishing guns.  It is really pointless to argue when the left employs opposite presumptions and standards depending on if they like the protestors or not.  It is just ridiculous one side rhetoric where one side is treated with the presumption of goodness and the other side is treated with the presumption of evil.  

First off I never said murder.  Secondly if the senate and congress were in no danger they wouldn't have been moved to secure location nor would the National Guard been deployed and remain there for weeks.

We do know that some groups had plans to abduct members of congress and you don't wear tactical gear or bring zip ties if you just want to yell at people.   As I said that could be done, and was already being done, outside.

Keep downplaying it if you like but that was a very dangerous situation.

Edited by Godsbrother
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Alex P Keaton said:

Do you actually believe this?

So you asked a question, he answered and because you didn't get the answer YOU wanted suddenly it's all incredulous to you?

Also, hypothetical questions aren't proof.  You'll NEVER know because it never happened the way you wanted it to happen.  You don't get to attribute motives to people because you wanted a specific outcome.

Edited by BladeRunner

2 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

So you asked a question, he answered and because you didn't get the answer YOU wanted suddenly it's all incredulous to you?

Also, hypothetical questions aren't proof.  You'll NEVER know because it never happened the way you wanted it to happen.  You don't get to attribute motives to people because you wanted a specific outcome.

I don't believe that Alex wanted to see anyone hurt

6 minutes ago, Godsbrother said:

First off I never said murder.  Secondly if the senate and congress were in no danger they wouldn't have been moved to secure location nor would the National Guard been deployed and remain there for weeks.

We do know that some groups had plans to abduct members of congress and you don't wear tactical gear or bring zip ties if you just want to yell at people.   As I said that could be done, and was already being done, outside.

Keep downplaying it if you like but that was a very dangerous situation.

One guy with zip ties almost toppled our Democracy!  Oh no!  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The leftist hypocrisy on this us outlandish.  On one hand when BLM protestors illegally trespass and March through private neighborhoods brandishing guns, people who are scared get arrested for brandishing weapons to defend their property. But hey, if they are right-wing please feel free to gun down unarmed women. Your arguments are sick. 

Edited by jon_mx

Curious tweet by Marco Rubio:

>>Rubio tweeted at President Trump with a plea, “Mr. President @realDonaldTrump the men & women of law enforcement are under assault. It is crucial you help restore order by sending resources to assist the police and ask those doing this to stand down.”<<

2 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

The leftist hypocrisy on this us outlandish.  On one hand when BLM protestors illegally trespass and March through private neighborhoods brandishing guns, people who are scared get arrested for brandishing weapons to defend their property. But hey, if they are right-wing please feel free to gun down unarmed women. Your arguments are sick. 

Sick, huh?

8 hours ago, jon_mx said:

They were there to stop a free and fair election, while the outgoing president was tweeting that the VP had to do the right thing (i.e. NOT certify the election). Then put out a statement saying the rioters were loved, and to "remember this day".

Sorry, it was horrendous. And that's not just the media saying it. The Congressmen who had to put on gas masks and hide on the floor behind chairs feared for their lives.

Whitewash it all you want.

• Like 2