Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

January 6th - what will happen?

Maik Jeaunz

49 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

So you asked a question, he answered and because you didn't get the answer YOU wanted suddenly it's all incredulous to you?

Also, hypothetical questions aren't proof.  You'll NEVER know because it never happened the way you wanted it to happen.  You don't get to attribute motives to people because you wanted a specific outcome.

I’m asking him to be honest with himself and us.  If that’s what he really believes, cool.  As you mentioned, none of us can definitively say what would have happened. 

IMO mobs rarely behave rationally.  But it’s very possible that whole crew was all bluster.

9 hours ago, jon_mx said:

They would have yelled at them.  

You’re correct about this. Of course they would have also either murdered them or hurt them very badly, but yelling would certainly have been part of it. 

4 minutes ago, The General said:

This guy

The Congressman who compared the Jan 6th riots to a normal tourist visit was barricading the doors with furniture :lol:

Rewriting history is hard when there are videos and pictures everywhere.

Of course, because all these guys, Trump included, are nothing but a bunch of weak babies.  That's why they scream so loud

8 minutes ago, The General said:

This guy

The Congressman who compared the Jan 6th riots to a normal tourist visit was barricading the doors with furniture :lol:

Those pesky tourists can get awful pushy, apparently.

2 hours ago, timschochet said:

You’re correct about this. Of course they would have also either murdered them or hurt them very badly, but yelling would certainly have been part of it. 

Complete leftwing nonsense.  The biggest threat to Drmocracy is this type of thinking.   You believe these people are animals.  They did not kill or try to capture one person.  January 6th is a false flag right out of the play book of Himmler.  

• Love 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, The General said:

This guy

As ridiculous as that characterization maybe, it is still far closer to the truth than being a deadly armed insurrection which posed the most dangerous threat to our Democracy.  

Edited by jon_mx

15 minutes ago, 2Squirrels1Nut said:

you're never changing his mind. 

The mind of a hyper-partisan will never be changed, in their minds the enemy of the other side is all to real.  And Jon for all his well intended posts is hyper-partisan.  His distain for the left runs too deep and while I appreciate his willingness to, in general, have calm discussions and engage on the topics at hand they always end up in the same place.  Left = bad.  

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, 2Squirrels1Nut said:

536% sure Jon is trolling you and if he isn't you're never changing his mind. 

JMHO

And there is the problem.  You guys are so brainwashed from one-sided propaganda, you mistake the truth fot trolling. 

• Love 1

23 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

The mind of a hyper-partisan will never be changed, in their minds the enemy of the other side is all to real.  And Jon for all his well intended posts is hyper-partisan.  His distain for the left runs too deep and while I appreciate his willingness to, in general, have calm discussions and engage on the topics at hand they always end up in the same place.  Left = bad.  

Maverick Garland is hyper-partisan.  The media is hyper-partisan.  This forum is hyper-partisan.  I am spitting the truth and all you guys can do is keep spewing your baseless narrative blaming the world's problems on this boogy man of white supremacist to accomplish your big government power grab. 

• Laughing 4

7 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

Maverick Garland is hyper-partisan.  The media is hyper-partisan.  This forum is hyper-partisan.

Yes, everyone but you is hyper partisan. Only you can see through it and thread the needle

• Like 3
  • Laughing 2
  • Thinking 1

4 minutes ago, the moops said:

Yes, everyone but you is hyper partisan. Only you can see through it and thread the needle

Did not say that.  But the left is out of control with the constant beating the drum for a race war.  The divisiveness of the racist rhetoric (white supremist, white previledge, white nationalist) is sinking this country.   The constant use of those terms is terrible.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

Maverick Garland is hyper-partisan.  The media is hyper-partisan.  This forum is hyper-partisan.  I am spitting the truth and all you guys can do is keep spewing your baseless narrative blaming the world's problems on this boogy man of white supremacist to accomplish your big government power grab. 

Thank you for proving my point.  

And I’m not at all for big government, quite the opposite, but again it just proves the point I was making.  

• Like 1

Just now, jon_mx said:

Did not say that.  But the left is out of control with the constant beating the drum for a race war.  The divisiveness of the racist rhetoric (white supremist, white previledge, white nationalist) is sinking this country.   The constant use of those terms is terrible.  

Nobody is talking about racists and race war in this thread besides you

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

And I’m not at all for big government, quite the opposite, but again it just proves the point I was making.  

But yet you are enabling it to happen. 

42 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

As ridiculous as that characterization maybe, it is still far closer to the truth than being a deadly armed insurrection which posed the most dangerous threat to our Democracy.  

The danger is that we have a President summoning a group of lunatics to attack the Capitol because he is butthurt he lost. One guy. This isn’t problematic for you?

He then had to be booted from all major social media platforms because he’s a danger. 

He continues to spread these lies on his blog.

As to the events that day, the cops at the Capitol building disagree with your take, Mitch McConnell disagrees with your take.

3 minutes ago, the moops said:

Maverick Garland is using Jan. 6th to declare war on 'white supremists'.  

4 minutes ago, the moops said:

the issue was identified a few days back….. 

5/14/2021 at 5:52 AM,  jon_mx said:

What I hear when someone says

dkp993 said:

And here’s the root if it. 

• Like 2

Just now, jon_mx said:

Maverick Garland is using Jan. 6th to declare war on 'white supremists'.  

Again, nobody in this thread is talking about it. You are arguing a point nobody in here is making

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

As they say, those that scream the loudest...

Just now, Alex P Keaton said:

Do you think it raises the level of discourse to call it a cesspool?  I don't really care what you call it, just seems odd.

He feels like such a victim in here because people think race is an issue in this country

10 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

How?

By buying into the non-sense rhetoric and the usage of January 6th by the Biden administration to censor opposition speech.  This whole effort to create some 9/11 style commission is just a guise to create the next series of Pariot Act type laws to take away freedoms and increase governments insight into our privacy.  

• Laughing 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Alex P Keaton said:

Do you think it raises the level of discourse to call it a cesspool?  I don't really care what you call it, just seems odd.

Oh when the best several cowards can do is respond by laughing at my post, it is a cesspool.  

• Laughing 3

7 minutes ago, killface said:

He feels like such a victim in here because people think race is an issue in this country

My issue is with the politically correct narrative that blames all problems on whites and excuses all evil behavior of minorities.  The issue is we can not have an honest and meaningful discussion about the topic.  Instead there are a bunch of jackhole type comments and responses. 

• Love 1
  • Laughing 1

7 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

My issue is with the politically correct narrative that blames all problems on whites and excuses all evil behavior of minorities.  The issue is we can not have an honest and meaningful discussion about the topic.  Instead there are a bunch of jackhole type comments and responses. 

Attacking people you perceive to be painting with a broad brush by painting them with a broad brush.

This should be productive.

• Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

By buying into the non-sense rhetoric and the usage of January 6th by the Biden administration to censor opposition speech.  This whole effort to create some 9/11 style commission is just a guise to create the next series of Pariot Act type laws to take away freedoms and increase governments insight into our privacy.  

Please enlighten me on how I’ve supported any of the things bolded. 

Hint, you can’t because I’ve never spoke to any of those things here, ever.  And that’s exactly my point about the hyper partisan mindset. You’re lumping all kinds of people you have no idea about into one group to fit your political agenda. You’re so focused on the left being bad that anybody who doesn’t agree with you 100% is left. It’s the point I keep making about your “What I hear when someone says….” statements, you’re to dug in to listen, your viewpoint is complete closed. You’re not listening with the intent to understand, you’re listening with the intent to counter.  

And all that is cool as it’s certainly your right.  But just because it’s YOUR truth it does not make it THE truth.  

Edited by dkp993
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

Oh when the best several cowards can do is respond by laughing at my post, it is a cesspool.  

There are a handful of conservative posters in here who laugh at almost every post that they disagree with.  Does that bother you?

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I use the laughing response because its exactly what many of your posts deserve. And I don't want to post anything that may earn me a timeout.

Plus, any reasonable reply would be useless - hence, I laugh. Literally. 

Feel free to keep name calling though. :thumbup:

Edited by Amused to Death
  • Thanks 1

Can you stick to January 6th in the January 6th thread? You complain about not having meaningful discussion because everyone blames everything on whites, yet you go around blaming everything on the left

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jon_mx said:

I really don't understand this ignorant argument that January 6th is different because it involved a government building and function.  Our government serves the people, it is not superior or more important.  We don't live under the idea that our government is some kind of deity and ordinary citizens are peasants.  The January 6th protesters killed no one.  They did not storm the Capitol with weapons looking to kill anyone.  Our democracy was not threatened in the least bit.  Meanwhile real people were beatened and murdered by BLM rioters.  Mass murders around these BLM riots skyrocketed.  Literally thousands of more people were murdered in the months in the cities with large blm protests.  Real people being murdered are peaceful protests. Meanwhile a few politicians become scared that some unarmed protesters might harm them and we are supposed to be up in arms.  You people have lost it. 

BLM mob beats white man unconscious after making him crash truck: video

BLM ‘activists’ celebrated as Trump supporter was killed: Devine

Indiana woman shot, killed after argument with Black Lives Matter supporters,

Black Lives Matter led to record number of mass shootings

Fantasyland.

1 hour ago, The Z Machine said:
4 hours ago, jon_mx said:

January 6th is a false flag right out of the play book of Himmler.

Wut

The democrats are nazis.  They way they want equal rights, access to voting and health care for all Americans is a dead giveaway.  Know your history! 

1 minute ago, 2Squirrels1Nut said:

The democrats are nazis.  They way they want equal rights, access to voting and health care for all Americans is a dead giveaway.  Know your history! 

Well, maybe not  Nazi's but certainly racists.  I mean, they did fight to keep slavery, implemented Jim Crowe and founded the KKK.

That's kind of hard to ignore.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

17 hours ago, jon_mx said:

I really don't understand this ignorant argument that January 6th is different because it involved a government building and function.  Our government serves the people, it is not superior or more important.  We don't live under the idea that our government is some kind of deity and ordinary citizens are peasants.  The January 6th protesters killed no one.  They did not storm the Capitol with weapons looking to kill anyone.  Our democracy was not threatened in the least bit.  Meanwhile real people were beatened and murdered by BLM rioters.  Mass murders around these BLM riots skyrocketed.  Literally thousands of more people were murdered in the months in the cities with large blm protests.  Real people being murdered are peaceful protests. Meanwhile a few politicians become scared that some unarmed protesters might harm them and we are supposed to be up in arms.  You people have lost it. 

BLM mob beats white man unconscious after making him crash truck: video

BLM ‘activists’ celebrated as Trump supporter was killed: Devine

Indiana woman shot, killed after argument with Black Lives Matter supporters,

Black Lives Matter led to record number of mass shootings

The bottom line is the Left under-reacted to the “mostly peaceful” BLM riots, and over-reacted to the January 6th “insurrection”.  Everything today is seen through a partisan lens and it makes people incapable of being honest and unbiased.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ekbeats said:

Everything today is seen through a partisan lens and it makes people incapable of being honest and unbiased.

Do you include yourself in this equation?*

*not picking a fight, am honestly asking as I largely agree.

36 minutes ago, 2Squirrels1Nut said:

Equal rights?  The left abandoned equal rights 50 years ago.  The left wants to criminalize any words which offend minorities, but constantly demonize and belittles whites.  The left wants their speech protected, but wants anyone on the right deplatformed.  The left wants quotas based on skin color, not who is more qualified.  The left wants to assume women and minorities are innocent and white male conservatives are guilty.  The reason I hate leftist ideology is the complete lack of equality in their agenda.  

• Love 1

5 hours ago, jon_mx said:

Complete leftwing nonsense.  The biggest threat to Drmocracy is this type of thinking.   You believe these people are animals.  They did not kill or try to capture one person.  January 6th is a false flag right out of the play book of Himmler.  

I missed this gem. Seriously this is a very bizarre angle you are taking on this, one of the stranger ones that I can recall.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dkp993 said:

Do you include yourself in this equation?*

*not picking a fight, am honestly asking as I largely agree.

I’d be lying if I said I didn’t carry my own set of personal biases, but I think I’m pretty aware of what those are, and I try to make a concerted effort to expose myself to both sides of the political spectrum.  I digest a lot of news and I’d say 60% of it is Conservative and 40% Liberal.  I like Tucker and Cuomo.  Can’t stand Hannity and Lemon.  I like Laura Ingram and Rachel Maddow’s intelligence but their delivery and voices just rub me the wrong way.  I read Drudge, CNN and Fox, and I tape all 3 networks’ Sunday morning news shows.  I do think that Liberals have a bigger blind spot than Conservatives do.  Conservatives pick up Liberal views and news stories just through osmosis because the msm is so overwhelmingly Liberal.  Liberals on the other hand have to go out of their way to see the Conservative viewpoint, and for whatever reason a lot of them don’t seem to want to do it.  There are many people here who literally won’t even open a link to a Conservative site.

1 hour ago, The General said:

I missed this gem. Seriously this is a very bizarre angle you are taking on this, one of the stranger ones that I can recall.

:fishing:  he’s been doing this a while.