Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

January 6th - what will happen?


Maik Jeaunz

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, belljr said:

I've taken a full tour of the Capitol. I will say it was nothing like the videos posted imo

Same! I met Alphonse D'amato in a stairwell. He didn't run away or anything. I didn't even get shot. Must have been a more boring tour than usual.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Gilroy34 said:

Correction, I stated it was for the most part a peaceful protest.  

No, Trump did not summon a violent mob to the Capital.  :lol:

You protest hard apparently. 

Why were all these people there? Did "stop the steal" develop organically? Your guy is still lying about it on his blog :lmao:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, The General said:

You protest hard apparently. 

Why were all these people there? Did "stop the steal" develop organically? Your guy is still lying about it on his blog :lmao:

My guy?  I'm not the one who reads his blog lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Gilroy34 said:

My guy?  I'm not the one who reads his blog lol

Oh, of course you didn't vote for him :lol:

Why were these people at the Capitol? What were they protesting and how did this develop?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, The General said:

Oh, of course you didn't vote for him :lol:

Why were these people at the Capitol? What were they protesting and how did this develop?

Jeez, of course I voted for Trump.  I can't understand anyone who didn't quite frankly.  I have never followed his twitter or blog but apparantly he is embedded in your head.  Is it like Howard Stern?  People who hate him listen more?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Gilroy34 said:

Jeez, of course I voted for Trump.  I can't understand anyone who didn't quite frankly.  I have never followed his twitter or blog but apparantly he is embedded in your head.  Is it like Howard Stern?  People who hate him listen more?

Yes, Donald Trump is a LOT like Howard Stern. Excellent comparison.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Gilroy34 said:

Jeez, of course I voted for Trump.  I can't understand anyone who didn't quite frankly.  I have never followed his twitter or blog but apparantly he is embedded in your head.  Is it like Howard Stern?  People who hate him listen more?

Ah yes. You have never read his Twitter. Of course :lol:

If you followed what he says perhaps you would be more educated on what he stands for, his shtick. Things like why "stop the steal" originated, how he was telling the public that it's in Pence's power to reject the electoral vote count, how people had to fight like hell. How he spent months telling his voters the only way he loses if the vote is stolen. On and on.

Might be worth your time to look at your guy a little closer. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When I was in elementary and junior high we used to have banners that would say something like "Kill the Trojans".  It did not mean literally kill them.  Somehow elementary kids were smart enough to understand that.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

When I was in elementary and junior high we used to have banners that would say something like "Kill the Trojans".  It did not mean literally kill them.  Somehow elementary kids were smart enough to understand that.  

If only the MAGA crowd at the Capitol had the same sensibilities. :coffee:

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Gilroy34 said:

Well they didn't kill anyone so...........

Most junior high pep rallies don't end with the cops being beaten, guns drawn, the Capitol cleared, etc.

Junior high pep rallies 1 - MAGA insurrectionists 0

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I toured the capital and the White House pre 9/11 but never chose to swing at a police officer with a fire extinguisher, a billy club, beat them with a US flag, break some windows, or watch Republicans who experienced this peaceful protest barricade a door so these nice folks couldn't get in. None of those were things I wanted to do but I feel like I shorted myself by not getting the whole capital experience.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jon_mx said:

When I was in elementary and junior high we used to have banners that would say something like "Kill the Trojans".  It did not mean literally kill them.  Somehow elementary kids were smart enough to understand that.  

Did those same elementary kids break through the windows and doors of the Trojans school while it was in session? 

Probably not since they were smart enough not to do that. Same can’t be said for those peaceful Trump supporters though, right?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Bottomfeeder Sports said:

Did you get your complimentary laptop from the Speaker's office?

No that was complimentary lectern day

Edited by belljr
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So there is to be no bipartisan Committee investigating the events of January 6? 
It passed in the House with only 35 Republicans voting in favor. Kevin McCarthy led the opposition despite having previously appointed someone to negotiate the details. Why? Because even though the GOP received everything they asked for, Trump doesn’t want it. He doesn’t want a fair investigation, he doesn’t want ANY investigation. 
And now McConnell has killed it in the Senate so it’s dead. 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, timschochet said:

So there is to be no bipartisan Committee investigating the events of January 6? 
It passed in the House with only 35 Republicans voting in favor. Kevin McCarthy led the opposition despite having previously appointed someone to negotiate the details. Why? Because even though the GOP received everything they asked for, Trump doesn’t want it. He doesn’t want a fair investigation, he doesn’t want ANY investigation. 
And now McConnell has killed it in the Senate so it’s dead. 

NO WAY

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, timschochet said:

So there is to be no bipartisan Committee investigating the events of January 6? 
It passed in the House with only 35 Republicans voting in favor. Kevin McCarthy led the opposition despite having previously appointed someone to negotiate the details. Why? Because even though the GOP received everything they asked for, Trump doesn’t want it. He doesn’t want a fair investigation, he doesn’t want ANY investigation. 
And now McConnell has killed it in the Senate so it’s dead. 

How can McConnell kill this?  Doesn’t it just need majority support?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, timschochet said:

So there is to be no bipartisan Committee investigating the events of January 6? 
It passed in the House with only 35 Republicans voting in favor. Kevin McCarthy led the opposition despite having previously appointed someone to negotiate the details. Why? Because even though the GOP received everything they asked for, Trump doesn’t want it. He doesn’t want a fair investigation, he doesn’t want ANY investigation. 
And now McConnell has killed it in the Senate so it’s dead. 

McConnell’s point is it is already being investigated by the Justice Department and others. I don’t think I have a problem with that stance. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, timschochet said:

So there is to be no bipartisan Committee investigating the events of January 6? 
It passed in the House with only 35 Republicans voting in favor. Kevin McCarthy led the opposition despite having previously appointed someone to negotiate the details. Why? Because even though the GOP received everything they asked for, Trump doesn’t want it. He doesn’t want a fair investigation, he doesn’t want ANY investigation. 
And now McConnell has killed it in the Senate so it’s dead. 

I believe they also wanted investigations into BLM/Antifa, which the Dems (rightfully) wouldn't include.

If they want to investigate the summer riots, do it separately. They have nothing to do with the events of January 6th.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Juxtatarot said:

McConnell’s point is it is already being investigated by the Justice Department and others. I don’t think I have a problem with that stance. 

Public hearings create public awareness- just as with Watergate, 9/11, etc. That’s why people are so scared of them. 
Plus, Trump politicized his own Justice Department so much that it many folks won’t trust the credibility of a Biden appointed JD to get to the truth. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Amused to Death said:

I believe they also wanted investigations into BLM/Antifa, which the Dems (rightfully) wouldn't include.

If they want to investigate the summer riots, do it separately. They have nothing to do with the events of January 6th.

Actually I think the Democrats made concessions even on that score. Didn’t matter. In the end Trump doesn’t want any hearings, and among Republicans his is the only voice that matters. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Gilroy34 said:

Jeez, of course I voted for Trump.  I can't understand anyone who didn't quite frankly.  I have never followed his twitter or blog but apparantly he is embedded in your head.  Is it like Howard Stern?  People who hate him listen more?

He is just like Howard Stern except he has no sense of Humor and hasn't gone to therapy to deal with his Daddy issues and rampant narcissisms.  Otherwise, yes, he is just like Howard (except, of course, Howard is more of a liberal leaning libertarian)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, timschochet said:

Actually I think the Democrats made concessions even on that score. Didn’t matter. In the end Trump doesn’t want any hearings, and among Republicans his is the only voice that matters. 

Yup, when Trump made a statement against it suddenly they all turned. Gotta follow the marching order from the king.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, lazyike said:

I toured the capital and the White House pre 9/11 but never chose to swing at a police officer with a fire extinguisher, a billy club, beat them with a US flag, break some windows, or watch Republicans who experienced this peaceful protest barricade a door so these nice folks couldn't get in. None of those were things I wanted to do but I feel like I shorted myself by not getting the whole capital experience.

Next time just grab a Congress persons laptop. I heard they were free for the taking. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Gilroy34 said:

Seriously?  That is the same video as before where the protestor is trying to help the policeman.  Try again.

That was air freshener he was spraying there!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, jon_mx said:

When I was in elementary and junior high we used to have banners that would say something like "Kill the Trojans".  It did not mean literally kill them.  Somehow elementary kids were smart enough to understand that.  

You serious with this analogy?  Lmao. 

  • Laughing 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, timschochet said:

So there is to be no bipartisan Committee investigating the events of January 6? 
It passed in the House with only 35 Republicans voting in favor. Kevin McCarthy led the opposition despite having previously appointed someone to negotiate the details. Why? Because even though the GOP received everything they asked for, Trump doesn’t want it. He doesn’t want a fair investigation, he doesn’t want ANY investigation. 
And now McConnell has killed it in the Senate so it’s dead. 

Why? Because it will prove these people were doing what Trump wanted them to do. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, zoonation said:

The fact that the GOP does not want an investigation into the insurrection is as damning indictment.  So far as I am aware, something like January 6 has never happened in the western democratic world.  At least not since WWII.  

But let’s not investigate why it happened?  There is no bottom for the GOP.  They are all just sycophants for a malignant narcissist at this point.  

Wth are you talking about? They've been investigating it for 5 month now? Are you serious?

On top of the FBI investigation. On top of the CIA investigation. On top of the impeachment investigation. On top of the normal investigations from DC police that has gone on for 5 months, we want to devote hundreds of millions more for congressman to sit in a room and grandstand against one another?

Edited by Insein
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, zoonation said:

The fact that the GOP does not want an investigation into the insurrection is as damning indictment.  So far as I am aware, something like January 6 has never happened in the western democratic world.  At least not since WWII.  

But let’s not investigate why it happened?  There is no bottom for the GOP.  They are all just sycophants for a malignant narcissist at this point.  

It would expose their votes not to impeach and convict were nothing more than partisan.  I mean most already know that IMO, but this would publicly expose that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Insein said:

Wth are you talking about? They've been investigating it for 5 month now? Are you serious?

On top of the FBI investigation. On top of the CIA investigation. On top of the impeachment investigation. On top of the normal investigations from DC police that has gone on for 5 months, we want to devote hundreds of millions more for congressman to sit in a room and grandstand against one another?

I’m talking about a public inquiry.  There is no better example of something that requires one than this pathetic national embarrassment.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Insein said:

Wth are you talking about? They've been investigating it for 5 month now? Are you serious?

On top of the FBI investigation. On top of the CIA investigation. On top of the impeachment investigation. On top of the normal investigations from DC police that has gone on for 5 months, we want to devote hundreds of millions more for congressman to sit in a room and grandstand against one another?

I doubt it would cost hundreds of millions and I think some self reflection among some of these congressmen would be a good thing.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Insein said:

Wth are you talking about? They've been investigating it for 5 month now? Are you serious?

On top of the FBI investigation. On top of the CIA investigation. On top of the impeachment investigation. On top of the normal investigations from DC police that has gone on for 5 months, we want to devote hundreds of millions more for congressman to sit in a room and grandstand against one another?

You know what, this is a fair point.  The issue, however, is that democracy does its best out in the open, so hearing people testify openly about what happened is a hard thing to "Spin" on a news site vs. how it is being done now with a n almost "alternate history" of what actually occured.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Gatorman said:

You know what, this is a fair point.  The issue, however, is that democracy does its best out in the open, so hearing people testify openly about what happened is a hard thing to "Spin" on a news site vs. how it is being done now with a n almost "alternate history" of what actually occured.

I hear what you're saying but this will hardly be the open inquiry people want it to be and more a grand spectacle for the masses... Again. Something we really don't need with everything else going wrong right now. 

The FBI and CIA et al are investigating the Capitol and probably will be for years to come. Having political theater isn't going to change the outcomes but rehash the same contentious issues. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Gatorman said:

You know what, this is a fair point.  The issue, however, is that democracy does its best out in the open, so hearing people testify openly about what happened is a hard thing to "Spin" on a news site vs. how it is being done now with a n almost "alternate history" of what actually occured.

In normal times, yes, but for the last couple of years there are a lot of people that disregard what their own eyes see and own ears hear in favor of what their leaders tell them what happened.

January 6th is just the latest example

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The ridiculous claim that those at the Capitol Jan. 6 resembled a 'normal tourist visit'

The lie:

“Watching the TV footage of those who entered the Capitol. … If you didn't know the TV footage was from Jan. 6, you would actually think it was a normal tourist visit.”

The Truth:

More than 400 people have been charged in federal court related to the Jan. 6 U.S. Capitol riot. The charges include obstruction of law enforcement; violence with a deadly weapon; assault; disorderly conduct; and unlawful possession of firearms. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Insein said:

I hear what you're saying but this will hardly be the open inquiry people want it to be and more a grand spectacle for the masses... Again. Something we really don't need with everything else going wrong right now. 

The FBI and CIA et al are investigating the Capitol and probably will be for years to come. Having political theater isn't going to change the outcomes but rehash the same contentious issues. 

You know what it will do though?  Disabuse people who hold the willfully blind belief that there was no violence.  That nonsense is currently being fed to them by Trump’s sycophants in Congress and needs to be dragged out in the public square and expose it for the bs it is.  This post truth culture in America needs to be reigned in, and fast.  

Edited by zoonation
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, zoonation said:

You know what it will do though?  Disabuse people who hold the willfully blind belief that there was no violence.  That nonsense is currently being fed to them by Trump’s sycophants in Congress and needs to be dragged out in the public square and expose it for the bs it is.  This post truth culture in America needs to be reigned in, and fast.  

You seriously think another commission that will generate nothing but talking points and political highlights for already partisan hacks on each side to showcase their tribe as the moral victors is going to do this? Ok then. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Insein said:

You seriously think another commission that will generate nothing but talking points and political highlights for already partisan hacks on each side to showcase their tribe as the moral victors is going to do this? Ok then. 

I think if this wasn’t being whitewashed, it may not be needed.  If everyone was being honest, I wouldn’t see the problem moving forward with what we have, but that’s not the case. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, timschochet said:

You need 10 Republicans to close debate. 

I think this is one of those cases that I'd force them to actually filibuster, and not just threaten to

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, bigmarc27 said:

I think if this wasn’t being whitewashed, it may not be needed.  If everyone was being honest, I wouldn’t see the problem moving forward with what we have, but that’s not the case. 

Bingo.  The fact that "the big lie" continues to fester is the real issue here.  Somewhere in the middle is the obvious concept of Trump being a losing candidate and a cancer in the republican party.  The fact that the party has turned into a bunch of spineless turds bc they gerrymandered their way into only being primaried is the root cause of all of this.  To hold onto power, you have to veer right and nothing at the moment is more to the right than trump.  Not McConnell, Not Liz Chaney.  Trump. (the left has this issue as well in the "bernie bro" side of the party, but the moderates are still driving the bus even as they are yelling "Turn more left")

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Insein said:

You seriously think another commission that will generate nothing but talking points and political highlights for already partisan hacks on each side to showcase their tribe as the moral victors is going to do this? Ok then. 

Yeah. I do.  There aren’t two sides here.  There is the reality and the fiction the GOP is trying to get away with peddling.  It cannot be allowed.  And I am shocked you don’t see that.  You’re a smart dude. 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, zoonation said:

The fact that the GOP does not want an investigation into the insurrection is as damning indictment.  So far as I am aware, something like January 6 has never happened in the western democratic world.  At least not since WWII.  

But let’s not investigate why it happened?  There is no bottom for the GOP.  They are all just sycophants for a malignant narcissist at this point.  

I’m honestly not sure why anyone is surprised any longer.  They voted for the guy, supported him for four years despite him being a colossal failure and then voted for him a second time.  How many times do they need to tell you what they are before you believe them?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

I’m honestly not sure why anyone is surprised any longer.  They voted for the guy, supported him for four years despite him being a colossal failure and then voted for him a second time.  How many times do they need to tell you what they are before you believe them?

Failure is very objective.  He was light years better than the guy before him and after him.

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, zoonation said:

Yeah. I do.  There aren’t two sides here.  There is the reality and the fiction the GOP is trying to get away with peddling.  It cannot be allowed.  And I am shocked you don’t see that.  You’re a smart dude. 

The only fiction was by the left.

The Left:  It was an armed deadly insurection!

TRUTH:   No one brought guns inside.  Not a single protestor killed anyone.  Even calling it an insurrection is grossly misleading.   People went inside to have their voices heard. 

The whole narrative is 100 percent pure bull####, and it pisses me off more and more everyday the leftwing keeps up this hate-filled lies trying to score political points.  A stupid report by a bunch of blowhards is not going to benefit anyone or provide any insight.  We already know the #1 failure of the day was the complete lack of security for an event we knew needed some.  

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...