What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

January 6th - what will happen? (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
?? Noonan 2.0?  Not sure what you mean here.  My answer was I don't believe there was a legitimate chance Joe Biden received 81 million votes.  So yes, I believe there was voter fraud.  Was it enough to steal it from Trump?  That part is debatable.
But you think it’s perfectly normal that Trump received over 10M more votes in 2020 vs 2016 despite us seeing how uniquely awful and unqualified he was as President for 4 years

No.    But i think trying to cancel arguments is stupid.    How is that for my point?

Do you think trump colluded with the russians?

Oh but i do think every election should be forensically audited.
But, there is no argument. It’s like arguing that the world is flat. It’s just flat out wrong.

Yes, the Trump campaign colluded with Russians.

Paul Manafort gave a Russian agent internal poling data, twice.

Manafort, Jared and Jr. met with the Kremlin Lawyer (Veselnetskya?) on June 10, 2016 in a failed attempt to get dirt on Hillary.

They weren’t very good at it, and it didn’t rise to the level of a conspiracy (a crime), but there was collusion.

Do you think that this election was not secure? This has been the most scrutinized election in history and there has been ZERO evidence found in the 60+ lawsuits and the many recounts and the on and on and on
Oh please....it was not.   Stop gaslighting.   Forensic audits.    Scrub voter roles at least 2 times a decade.   Vote only with ID  in person, or verified absentee.

Thats how it used to be done.   Those where far more secure.

But, there is no argument. It’s like arguing that the world is flat. It’s just flat out wrong.

Yes, the Trump campaign colluded with Russians.

Paul Manafort gave a Russian agent internal poling data, twice.

Manafort, Jared and Jr. met with the Kremlin Lawyer (Veselnetskya?) on June 10, 2016 in a failed attempt to get dirt on Hillary.

They weren’t very good at it, and it didn’t rise to the level of a conspiracy (a crime), but there was collusion.
Lol. Ok dozer.    Feel free to make your arguments.   I prefer to hear them.    It helps.

Do you think that this election was not secure? This has been the most scrutinized election in history and there has been ZERO evidence found in the 60+ lawsuits and the many recounts and the on and on and on
And that Trump's own lawyer's lawyer stated that nobody in their right mind would have believed the claims she was making.

Oh please....it was not.   Stop gaslighting.   Forensic audits.    Scrub voter roles at least 2 times a decade.   Vote only with ID  in person, or verified absentee.

Thats how it used to be done.   Those where far more secure.
What do you mean 'that's how it used to be done'?  I have voted by mail for over 20 years in Oregon.  That's how it should be done so more people can vote.  Showing up at a polling station is archaic.

It's pure entertainment to me that both these candidates had record amounts of votes but only Biden's count total is questioned :lol:    Question them all or question none of them...stop being lazy.
Its like the current Arizona "audit". They're checking to make sure was a free a fair election, but only in Maricopa County. Ya know, the big one that Trump lost.

There was some fraud discovered. By Republicans. And then Trump and lapdog trying to coerce the GA Secretary of State to "find" votes for him.
Did you see the press conference by the guy who's going to challenge Kemp in GA? He's calling for another statewide "audit" like the one going on in AZ.

Keep the grift going....

Last edited by a moderator:
The initial claim was that ballots were being brought in to AZ from CA. I wonder if Eric Swalwell won a seat in AZ
The irony in all this is its coming from the same party who claimed the Dems couldn't accept their loss in 2016. Ooofff.

Its like a free ride when you've already paid.

The irony in all this is its coming from the same party who claimed the Dems couldn't accept their loss in 2016. Ooofff.

Its like a free ride when you've already paid.
2016 was a tough loss, but I never once questioned the results of the election. The claim the Dems couldn’t accept the results is one of the weirdest claims the right makes.

Trump was certainly unfit for office, and was without a doubt incompetent and corrupt, but he won the election.

2016 was a tough loss, but I never once questioned the results of the election. The claim the Dems couldn’t accept the results is one of the weirdest claims the right makes.

Trump was certainly unfit for office, and was without a doubt incompetent and corrupt, but he won the election.
Exactly, no one ever questioned the actual results, only that foreign actors interfered. Did any Dem ever call for the election to be overturned? Was there ever a credible national call for ballots to be rejected?

Exactly, no one ever questioned the actual results, only that foreign actors interfered. Did any Dem ever call for the election to be overturned? Was there ever a credible national call for ballots to be rejected?
Nope. 

Just Jim Jordan’s high pitched pleading voice.

Right, the only complaints I saw was over the electoral college after yet another popular vote win by D's resulted in a loss. Even the collusion inquiries didn't suggest there were fraudulent votes. That I recall anyway.

Blame the MSM, a very powerful influence that spewed lies and corporations actively banning conservative voices on social media platforms.  Disgusting.
Do you ever have an internal discussion with yourself that goes something like... "how is it that only liberals ever fall for the MSM lies and never conservatives, and why is it that only the right wing media speaks the truth?"

Ripping off a children’s cancer charity knocks him down a bit in the rankings for me. Even if it was before he took office. 
And then there's the whole catalog of lies, twitter insults, and retweeting of white supremacists and stuff like that.

I think you're mistaken.  It was Trump and his sycophants spewing lies, and the free market determined they were bad for business.
They like to ignore the millions of conservative voices still on social media platforms that are not getting banned....the difference they aren't constantly spewing hate and eluding to violence.  It's not that hard to stay on social media without getting banned.

The whole Trump movement is based on nothing but whining and crying about how the world is against them....sad

Third worst according to Presidential historians.

Yes I know you don’t care about what Presidential historians think.

Yes I know you also don’t care that I think the historians were actually too kind to him.
It'd be really really hard to knock Andrew Johnson off of last place.  He was horrendous.  Take a look....

Johnson had replaced Hannibal Hamlin as Lincoln’s vice president. As a Southerner proudly in favor of preserving the nation, Johnson seemed like he could serve as a unifying force for America. (This did not happen, for reasons to be explained momentarily.) Indeed, Johnson appeared another political masterstroke by Lincoln right up to the moment Johnson opened his mouth at the inauguration.

Johnson had arrived in Washington suffering from typhoid fever. He attempted to treat it by drinking whiskey. It is believed he consumed three tumblers of it before speaking. The result was one of the strangest speeches ever heard in Washington.

As Michigan Senator Zachariah Chandler later wrote to his wife: “The inauguration went off very well except that the Vice President Elect was too drunk to perform his duties.”

Sober, Johnson was an outspoken, often aggressive man. Tipsy, he became downright belligerent. Highlights of his notorious address include a moment when he called out cabinet members by name and demanded they never forget that power came from the people. (Hamlin, sensing what was happening, actually yanked on Johnson’s coat to get him to stop, but Johnson kept talking.)

Incredibly, things got worse. As he worked his way through the cabinet, Johnson forgot a name. David O. Stewart writes in his book Impeached that this led Johnson to call out in a “stage whisper” loud enough to be heard by others in attendance: “What is the name of the secretary of the navy?”

Eventually Johnson completed his remarks and was successfully sworn in. There was still one final embarrassment. Johnson attempted to perform his duty of swearing in the new senators, but was so disoriented he had to be relieved of the task.

Just over a month later, Lincoln was assassinated and Johnson became president. While he never again gave a drunk speech publicly, he quickly proved he could do damage sober. Quite simply, Johnson strove to deny rights to freed blacks whenever possible. He vetoed civil rights bills and generally did his best to ensure whites retained control of the former Confederacy.

One of only two presidents impeached, he avoided conviction by a single vote. The Republican Party dumped Johnson for Civil War hero Ulysses S. Grant in 1868. Historically speaking, Johnson’s reputation has never been particularly good, but it has plummeted in recent decades. Today he is commonly accepted as one of our worst presidents, as inept as Lincoln was incomparable.

And it all began with three tumblers of whiskey.

I'm sure you know what that word means. Your suggestion is not only moving backwards in time but it's far more costly.  Voting by mail is efficient, effective and it saves states a lot of money.  Move forward.  Embrace technology.  Save money.  
Well then you did understand me.   

It'd be really really hard to knock Andrew Johnson off of last place.  He was horrendous.  Take a look....
It will be interesting, with time, if Trump takes his place at the bottom of this list.  Eventually almost everyone will agree that he was trying to steal an election and was a great force against Democracy.  This alone might put him behind Johnson.

Well then you did understand me.   
I think you misunderstand me.  I haven't been able to vote any other way but via mail since 1998.  So, when you say "used to be done" - how far back do you want us to go as a society?  23 years is a long time to vote by mail.  You want us to go back 50 years?  100 years?  You want us to take horse and buggy to the polling station?

Blame the MSM, a very powerful influence that spewed lies and corporations actively banning conservative voices on social media platforms.  Disgusting.
So . . . how many conservative voices were banned from social media BEFORE the election? Seems like that all happened after Jan 6. 

I think you misunderstand me.  I haven't been able to vote any other way but via mail since 1998.  So, when you say "used to be done" - how far back do you want us to go as a society?  23 years is a long time to vote by mail.  You want us to go back 50 years?  100 years?  You want us to take horse and buggy to the polling station?
Did i say anything in my post you responded to about verified mail in ballots?   Ill hang up and listen

Signature matching with block chain technology.   Oh hell yea im in.
My signature changed over time and Oregon spotted it.  Had to update my voter card to match my current signature.  Wasn't a big deal....happy to update it and gave me some conviction in the integrity of the process.  Voting by mail is the only way to go, man.  A cup of coffee, the voter pamphlet, a sharpened Ticonderoga (sp?) and plenty of time to give the process and the candidates ample thought.

Good presidents don't get fired after 1 term.....

Direct Headline: 10 Major Accomplishments of John Adams

May 23, 2016 by Anirudh

https://learnodo-newtonic.com/john-adams-accomplishments

If you say so. The problem with painting Orange Man Bad with a wide brush is it paints you into a corner. Where you are stuck right now. Right where I want you.

If you like, you can start a new thread about one term POTUS and how none of them are any "good" to fit your narrative.

Direct Headline: 10 Major Accomplishments of John Adams

May 23, 2016 by Anirudh

https://learnodo-newtonic.com/john-adams-accomplishments

If you say so. The problem with painting Orange Man Bad with a wide brush is it paints you into a corner. Where you are stuck right now. Right where I want you.

If you like, you can start a new thread about one term POTUS and how none of them are any "good" to fit your narrative.
Despite the fact you had to go back over 200 years ago to try and prove a point, your link detailing the 10 major accomplishments is worthless in that 8 of the 10 were before his time as President (and they were major accomplishments for certain - just nothing to do with him being President). Of the remaining 2, the only thing he did of note was ending the Quasi-war with France.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not referring to calling out Trump's lies.  What I am referring to is the deplatforming, censoring, banning, demonitizing, cancel culture non-sense which makes it far more difficult for right-wing to be heard.  
No sure what this has to do with Jan 6th lunatics being spoon fed Trumps election BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread