What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

January 6th - what will happen? (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the name of the investigation, its stated purpose, and who initiated it.

That should tell you right off the bat that starting out saying the whole point of the "trump investigation" is not starting from a point of fact.  Because it wasn't the "Trump Investigation".
Gas light much.   You know the name of the investigation was "Plan B"

Gas light much.   You know the name of the investigation was "Plan B"
I know the facts of what initiated it...that it was about Russian interference in the election.  That it was also about the smoke around involvement by those around Trump given the numerous unreported contacts with Russia.  I know that all that was found is in a rather large report that congress basically ignored.  I know the indictments weren't just coffee guys guilty of process crimes.

I know several required pardons from the guy they were working for for the crimes they committed.

I know the facts of what initiated it...that it was about Russian interference in the election.  That it was also about the smoke around involvement by those around Trump given the numerous unreported contacts with Russia.  I know that all that was found is in a rather large report that congress basically ignored.  I know the indictments weren't just coffee guys guilty of process crimes.

I know several required pardons from the guy they were working for for the crimes they committed.
And zero russian coordination with trump.

Hillary paid for the dossier and biden got 3mm from the mayor of moscows wife.  

But trump had connections?   Yea right.  Gotcha.  

And zero russian coordination with trump.

Hillary paid for the dossier and biden got 3mm from the mayor of moscows wife.  

But trump had connections?   Yea right.  Gotcha.  
You should probably read the actual Mueller report.   
Rather than to deflect about the dossier and Biden.

Im not gonna find it.   Im waiting for sho to get me a link.
Not sure why, a quick google search should provide the appropriate links. But be difficult if you must.

When you find the Mueller report, as difficult as I'm sure it is to find, read up on the 10 (12?) detailed instances of Obstruction of Justice. He was quite meticulous explaining the evidence and why its Obstruction.

Well, thanks for being part of a very productive conversation.

But really, at some point read Vol. 2. I don't think it was covered much on right-wing media, especially after Barr discounted the entire report hours after it was released.
You are welcome.

Did mueller conclude that Trump SHOULD be prosecuted?    Either during or after his term?

Well i read  the first 8 pages.   Outside of them saying we cant prove he didnt commit obstruction of justice.    Well im not interested in what they cant prove.    Can you point at something that hasnt been hashed out.      If there was anything in the report that was prosecutable, well he is out of office.  Prosecute.

Well i read  the first 8 pages.   Outside of them saying we cant prove he didnt commit obstruction of justice.    Well im not interested in what they cant prove.    Can you point at something that hasnt been hashed out.      If there was anything in the report that was prosecutable, well he is out of office.  Prosecute.
Please read it and draw your own conclusions.

Perhaps Joe Manchin will reconsider his opposition to ending the filibuster.

Senate Republicans Block Plan For Independent Commission On Jan. 6 Capitol Riot

Bipartisan legislation to establish an independent commission to investigate the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol has failed in the Senate, as Republicans staged their first filibuster since President Biden took office to block the plan.

The final vote was 54-35, but Republicans withheld the votes necessary to bring the bill up for debate. Just six GOP senators joined with the Democrats on Friday, leaving the measure short of the 60 votes needed to proceed.

One party is choosing not to participate in a bipartisan approach. The investigation will happen. A Select Committee will be formed and off we go.

One party is choosing not to participate in a bipartisan approach. The investigation will happen. A Select Committee will be formed and off we go.
Either way it will just be a political bludgeon.  I don't see the advantage in participating in what will be a sham.

Perhaps Joe Manchin will reconsider his opposition to ending the filibuster.
One would hope something as pointless as this investigation isn't what breaks the camel's back.

Either way it will just be a political bludgeon.  I don't see the advantage in participating in what will be a sham.

One would hope something as pointless as this investigation isn't what breaks the camel's back.
Machin is very much in favor of the investigation. Fox News speculated a GOP filibuster could change his mind on reform.

Why would it be a sham?

Why would it be a sham?
Well, we already have really good ideas from the coverage and the criminal prosecutions what happened.  I don't see any huge mystery in this.  This isn't finding Jimmy Hoffa.

It will be a grandstanding exercise for one team to bludgeon another.  That's really all this will turn out to be.

Well, we already have really good ideas from the coverage and the criminal prosecutions what happened.  I don't see any huge mystery in this.  This isn't finding Jimmy Hoffa.

It will be a grandstanding exercise for one team to bludgeon another.  That's really all this will turn out to be.
Seems like there are quite a few open questions surrounding that day.  Why were Capitol Police so ill-prepared?  It seems the likely events were known well in advance, yet the police were not equipped.  Who prevented this?  Why was the National Guard deployment delayed for hours?  Who prevented this?

Seems like there are quite a few open questions surrounding that day.  Why were Capitol Police so ill-prepared?  It seems the likely events were known well in advance, yet the police were not equipped.  Who prevented this?  Why was the National Guard deployment delayed for hours?  Who prevented this?
These are all known and it starts with I&A.  There's a brief overview of all this on NPR's site.  They are investigating and continuing to add content as they get answers.  I've linked it a couple times in this thread.

Grandstanding sure...but dont think that makes it a sham.  We would see more investigation into some whys...and more public testimony vs court cases most aren’t paying attention to.

Given that this is government we're talking about I'm going to go with general incompetence and general incompetence.  I highly, highly doubt there was malfeasance in these (and I don't think it's worth spending millions to find out govt. is replete with incompetent leaders, either).

I would like to know more about McCarthy's phone call with Trump.

Given that this is government we're talking about I'm going to go with general incompetence and general incompetence.  I highly, highly doubt there was malfeasance in these (and I don't think it's worth spending millions to find out govt. is replete with incompetent leaders, either).
Maybe. 

Whatever the cause(s), we need to learn from them so we can prevent attacks like this is in the future.   

In my work we do retrospectives after every software release to note what we did, what worked, what didn't and come up with action items to get better.  

You don't learn anything by closing your eyes and ears and hope things get better on their own.

Did you read the conclusion?   I bet not.    They dont agree with you.  

Do you think you know more than the people who wrote the report?   Yes or no?
Nobody that read the report could be parroting the nonsense he is unless itvis just schtick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you read the conclusion?   I bet not.    They dont agree with you.  

Do you think you know more than the people who wrote the report?   Yes or no?

Nobody that read the report could be parroting the nonsense he is unless itvis just schtick.
Read the report as well as the actual conclusion.  Not sure what you two are getting at as far as schtick...because it does not seem to support the claims made about the Russian investigation or the thread as far as why it was brought up in this thread anyway.

Read the report as well as the actual conclusion.  Not sure what you two are getting at as far as schtick...because it does not seem to support the claims made about the Russian investigation or the thread as far as why it was brought up in this thread anyway.
Dozer likes to ask yes or no questions.   I have one for him.

The basic conclusion is they cant prove he didnt collude.    And a bunch of insinuation that a good defense lawyer would have tossed or countered.

It reads like a crappy indictment.    It would be laughed out of court.   I suspect it will never see a courtroom.

Do they have subpoena power?
NPR?  Not likely.  I can't figure out which is more sad....the fact that we have to ask this question or the fact that it's likely a group of people not smart enough to keep it from NPR that they will get to the bottom of it.  It's already been established that a large part of the problem with the politicization of I&A...they were in complete chaos at the time balancing trying to do their job and placate the President all at the same time.

NPR?  Not likely.  I can't figure out which is more sad....the fact that we have to ask this question or the fact that it's likely a group of people not smart enough to keep it from NPR that they will get to the bottom of it.  It's already been established that a large part of the problem with the politicization of I&A...they were in complete chaos at the time balancing trying to do their job and placate the President all at the same time.
No, I was referring to whatever I&A is. I realize the press does not.

The basic conclusion is they cant prove he didnt collude.    And a bunch of insinuation that a good defense lawyer would have tossed or countered.

It reads like a crappy indictment.    It would be laughed out of court.   I suspect it will never see a courtroom.
That was part of the conclusion yes.  The claim that a good defense lawyer would get the rest tossed or have countered seems speculative at best (especially considering those who did actually see a courtroom and were convicted.  Did any of those get laughed out of court?

Won't work, witnesses will just decline to show up for interviews and the investigation will do nothing. Time to move on
Seems pretty telling that witnesses refuse to comply or talk about what they did...time to move on?  So all the talk of audits will stop as well?  Time for the GOP to move on from the false claims of fraud and stolen election?  Time to move on from punishing its own members who don't fall in line with the false claims of a steal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread