What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

January 6th - what will happen? (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was part of the conclusion yes.  The claim that a good defense lawyer would get the rest tossed or have countered seems speculative at best (especially considering those who did actually see a courtroom and were convicted.  Did any of those get laughed out of court?
Well you told me to read it.   Amused told me to draw my own conclusions.  Take it up with him.

I just do what board cops tell me to do.  

That was part of the conclusion yes.  The claim that a good defense lawyer would get the rest tossed or have countered seems speculative at best (especially considering those who did actually see a courtroom and were convicted.  Did any of those get laughed out of court?
Dude, just take the L

I know you and other Dems had high hopes on Russia imvestigation but Mueller report delivered nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, just take the L

I know you and other Dems had high hopes on Russia imvestigation but Mueller report delivered nothing.
It really isn't about winning and losing. People ignore facts because they don't want to let the other side win. The same thing happened with the origin of covid19. With the renewed focus on election security, the Mueller report shouldn't just be ignored and dismissed.

Dude, just take the L

You know this how?  You weren't here, right?

There is no L to take...my statements about the report are what they are and stand up just fine.  None of which have a thing to do with January 6th and the cowardice of the GOP in congress afraid to look into it in the public eye.

You know this how?  You weren't here, right?

There is no L to take...my statements about the report are what they are and stand up just fine.  None of which have a thing to do with January 6th and the cowardice of the GOP in congress afraid to look into it in the public eye.
This entire post is speculative.....at best.

Maybe. Seems like a callous reaction to the events of 1/6. Just F it? 
I don't get why Dems are so infaturated with Jan 6th. The people who committed the crimes have been or are getting arrested. Not sure what they think they will accomplish with a investigation. Why not worry about people being homeless, student loans, or other things you promised and haven't tackled yet.

I don't get why Dems are so infaturated with Jan 6th. The people who committed the crimes have been or are getting arrested. Not sure what they think they will accomplish with a investigation. Why not worry about people being homeless, student loans, or other things you promised and haven't tackled yet.
For the record, I'm not a Dem. Don't appreciate the assumption. There are a ton of unanswered questions about an important day in our shared history. I don't think we should 'just move on'. But I'm OK if we disagree.

Recently saw a poll where something like 54% of Republicans think the insurrection was done by people to make Trump look bad...if you really think that here is their chance to prove it. Why don't GOP politicians not want the commission? Because they know that is not what the commission findings will show. 

Recently saw a poll where something like 54% of Republicans think the insurrection was done by people to make Trump look bad...if you really think that here is their chance to prove it. Why don't GOP politicians not want the commission? Because they know that is not what the commission findings will show. 
It wasnt an insurrection.   Keep up the big lie,   and its a nice gaslight

Ok 54% of Republicans think the "love fest" at the capital on the 6th was done by people to make Trump look bad
Insurrections have guns.   No guns taken.   Insurrections have get people killed.  The only person killed was shot by capitol police.

When the police  announced that a curfew people went home.

It was a riot.   About 300-400 people arrested and being dealt with,  from what i hear, harshly.

Insurrections dont disband when ordered too.  This wasnt. 

Insurrections have guns.   No guns taken.   Insurrections have get people killed.  The only person killed was shot by capitol police.

It was a riot.   About 300-400 people arrested and being dealt with,  from what i hear, harshly.

Re bolded:  really?  Where does it say that in the definition?….

in·sur·rec·tion

/ˌinsəˈrekSH(ə)n/

Learn to pronounce

noun

noun: insurrection; plural noun: insurrections

a violent uprising against an authority or government.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/548488-dc-police-on-capitols-west-side-called-for-help-17-times-during-riot-report

Your disrespect for the what you must consider to be wimpy Capital police who called for help 17 times in 78 minutes is duly noted.

That is not a requirement.  

Guys.   Stop with your little games.    If this was an ACTUAL insurrection you wouldnt be showing me the websters definition.   OR telling me that guns arent a requirement.  I wonder how many times they called for help during that peaceful DC blm/antifa in the summer 2020 riot. 17 times in 78 minutes.   Thats called monday afternoon in Detroit.

If you think anyone thinks they can actually replace the govt without actual violence.   Thats just stupid.    It was a stupid riot.   400 people went overboard and they are being dealt with.

Guys.   Stop with your little games.    If this was an ACTUAL insurrection you wouldnt be showing me the websters definition.   OR telling me that guns arent a requirement.  I wonder how many times they called for help during that peaceful DC blm/antifa in the summer 2020 riot. 17 times in 78 minutes.   Thats called monday afternoon in Detroit.

If you think anyone thinks they can actually replace the govt without actual violence.   Thats just stupid.    It was a stupid riot.   400 people went overboard and they are being dealt with.
Don’t know what to tell you. You were the one defining what was required for an insurrection. You were wrong.  By the definition it was an insurrection.  🤷🏻‍♂️  No amount of whataboutism changes that.  

Nope 

:goodposting:

:own3d:

January 6 was not without actual violence. And yes, the 400 are being dealt with harshly, as they should. My interest in an investigation is more about the politicians that incited it. That's why the gopers don't want it to happen. Kevin McCarthy definitely does not want to testify about the heated conversation he had with Trump as it was happening. Complete cover-up and cop out and if BLM pulled this garbage after a Republican was elected president you and your political brethren would be beyond outraged.

Of course, that sort of event would have piled up corpses, so apples and oranges.

Don’t know what to tell you. You were the one defining what was required for an insurrection. You were wrong.  By the definition it was an insurrection.  🤷🏻‍♂️  No amount of whataboutism changes that.  
Ok.  Ill help you.  

China, Beijing 1989.  Tiannamin square.   Guy stands in front of tank column.  That was an insurrection.   That guy was was disappeared.   Thats what totalitarian countries do when they win.

Soviet union vs boris yeltsin.    Actual tank battles.    Thats an insurrection.

Guys sitting at desks and stealing lap tops.    Not an innsurrection.

Ok.  Ill help you.  

China, Beijing 1989.  Tiannamin square.   Guy stands in front of tank column.  That was an insurrection.   That guy was was disappeared.   Thats what totalitarian countries do when they win.

Soviet union vs boris yeltsin.    Actual tank battles.    Thats an insurrection.

Guys sitting at desks and stealing lap tops.    Not an 

Ok.  Ill help you.  

Those were definitely insurrections, no doubt about it.  So was this.  On the same scale of the examples you gave? Certainly not, but it doesn’t have to be. 

Please detail for us, by the definition of the word, how it wasn’t. 

Those were definitely insurrections, no doubt about it.  So was this.  On the same scale of the examples you gave? Certainly not, but it doesn’t have to be. 

Please detail for us, by the definition of the word, how it wasn’t. 
You think govts fall over that?   You cant even take over a bar like that.     Less people died than at CHOP.    And they couldnt hold 3 blocks.

Ok.  Ill help you.  

Since when does there need to be actual danger of succeeding for a crime to be committed?

If a sniper takes a shot at the pope in his little bulletproof glass golf cart, it's still attempted murder, even if there was near zero chance of success. Come on.

So the democracy of the country was in jeopardy on January 6th? 
What was the stated goal of the 1000s of people who smashed windows, broke down doors, bum-rushed police lines, and had a violent stand off with police in the Capitol halls, and we're trying to break into a secure room where election proceedings were taking place? Where Congressman and Senators were instructed to put on gas masks and evacuate to safe rooms? What were those people trying to accomplish?

January 6 was not without actual violence. And yes, the 400 are being dealt with harshly, as they should. My interest in an investigation is more about the politicians that incited it. That's why the gopers don't want it to happen. Kevin McCarthy definitely does not want to testify about the heated conversation he had with Trump as it was happening. Complete cover-up and cop out and if BLM pulled this garbage after a Republican was elected president you and your political brethren would be beyond outraged.

Of course, that sort of event would have piled up corpses, so apples and oranges.
Outrage.   That was a brush fire.     

This country is strong beyond belief and weak as a babe.

Re bolded:  really?  Where does it say that in the definition?….

in·sur·rec·tion

/ˌinsəˈrekSH(ə)n/

Learn to pronounce

noun

noun: insurrection; plural noun: insurrections

a violent uprising against an authority or government.
:goodposting:

Exactly....just yet another term that's going to be hacked up and bastardized.  We'll just add it to the list of words that have no meaning.

:goodposting:  A much better posting. Even more important what would White House staff say what the President was doing and saying the first couple hours this event took place. I’d like to see what Transportation  Secretary Chao testify....what happened that the wife of Sen McConnell was so awful that she quit with just a handful of days left under the Trump administration 

Shouting outside the building where an electoral process is going on - Protest

Breaking into the building where an electoral process is going on in an attempt to stop it from occurring - Insurrection

It’s really not this hard folks. 
If so, it was the lamest insurrection in the history of the planet.  The ONLY reason the Democrats care at this point is to political points and try to legitimize their BS blowhard rhetoric in some 'official' congressional investigation and try to pass more laws which trample on the first amendment rights of the people.    

What was the stated goal of the 1000s of people who smashed windows, broke down doors, bum-rushed police lines, and had a violent stand off with police in the Capitol halls, and we're trying to break into a secure room where election proceedings were taking place? Where Congressman and Senators were instructed to put on gas masks and evacuate to safe rooms? What were those people trying to accomplish?
Regardless of their goal, you honestly think they were going to over throw the government..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread