Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

January 6th - what will happen?


Maik Jeaunz

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

That was part of the conclusion yes.  The claim that a good defense lawyer would get the rest tossed or have countered seems speculative at best (especially considering those who did actually see a courtroom and were convicted.  Did any of those get laughed out of court?

Well you told me to read it.   Amused told me to draw my own conclusions.  Take it up with him.

I just do what board cops tell me to do.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

That was part of the conclusion yes.  The claim that a good defense lawyer would get the rest tossed or have countered seems speculative at best (especially considering those who did actually see a courtroom and were convicted.  Did any of those get laughed out of court?

Dude, just take the L

I know you and other Dems had high hopes on Russia imvestigation but Mueller report delivered nothing.

Edited by Gilroy34
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Gilroy34 said:

Dude, just take the L

I know you and other Dems had high hopes on Russia imvestigation but Mueller report delivered nothing.

It really isn't about winning and losing. People ignore facts because they don't want to let the other side win. The same thing happened with the origin of covid19. With the renewed focus on election security, the Mueller report shouldn't just be ignored and dismissed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Gilroy34 said:

Dude, just take the L

I know you and other Dems had high hopes on Russia imvestigation but Mueller report delivered nothing.

You know this how?  You weren't here, right?

There is no L to take...my statements about the report are what they are and stand up just fine.  None of which have a thing to do with January 6th and the cowardice of the GOP in congress afraid to look into it in the public eye.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

You know this how?  You weren't here, right?

There is no L to take...my statements about the report are what they are and stand up just fine.  None of which have a thing to do with January 6th and the cowardice of the GOP in congress afraid to look into it in the public eye.

This entire post is speculative.....at best.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PennStater77 said:

Won't work, witnesses will just decline to show up for interviews and the investigation will do nothing. Time to move on

Maybe. Seems like a callous reaction to the events of 1/6. Just F it? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, kwille said:

Maybe. Seems like a callous reaction to the events of 1/6. Just F it? 

I don't get why Dems are so infaturated with Jan 6th. The people who committed the crimes have been or are getting arrested. Not sure what they think they will accomplish with a investigation. Why not worry about people being homeless, student loans, or other things you promised and haven't tackled yet.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, PennStater77 said:

I don't get why Dems are so infaturated with Jan 6th. The people who committed the crimes have been or are getting arrested. Not sure what they think they will accomplish with a investigation. Why not worry about people being homeless, student loans, or other things you promised and haven't tackled yet.

I’d like to know why the Capitol Police were so unprepared.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, PennStater77 said:

I don't get why Dems are so infaturated with Jan 6th. The people who committed the crimes have been or are getting arrested. Not sure what they think they will accomplish with a investigation. Why not worry about people being homeless, student loans, or other things you promised and haven't tackled yet.

For the record, I'm not a Dem. Don't appreciate the assumption. There are a ton of unanswered questions about an important day in our shared history. I don't think we should 'just move on'. But I'm OK if we disagree.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, PennStater77 said:

I don't get why Dems are so infaturated with Jan 6th. The people who committed the crimes have been or are getting arrested. Not sure what they think they will accomplish with a investigation. Why not worry about people being homeless, student loans, or other things you promised and haven't tackled yet.

Recently saw a poll where something like 54% of Republicans think the insurrection was done by people to make Trump look bad...if you really think that here is their chance to prove it. Why don't GOP politicians not want the commission? Because they know that is not what the commission findings will show. 

Edited by lazyike
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, lazyike said:

Recently saw a poll where something like 54% of Republicans think the insurrection was done by people to make Trump look bad...if you really think that here is their chance to prove it. Why don't GOP politicians not want the commission? Because they know that is not what the commission findings will show. 

It wasnt an insurrection.   Keep up the big lie,   and its a nice gaslight

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, quick-hands said:

It wasnt an insurrection.   Keep up the big lie,   and its a nice gaslight

Ok 54% of Republicans think the "love fest" at the capital on the 6th was done by people to make Trump look bad

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, lazyike said:

Ok 54% of Republicans think the "love fest" at the capital on the 6th was done by people to make Trump look bad

Insurrections have guns.   No guns taken.   Insurrections have get people killed.  The only person killed was shot by capitol police.

When the police  announced that a curfew people went home.

It was a riot.   About 300-400 people arrested and being dealt with,  from what i hear, harshly.

Insurrections dont disband when ordered too.  This wasnt. 

  • Love 1
  • Laughing 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, quick-hands said:

Insurrections have guns.   No guns taken.   Insurrections have get people killed.  The only person killed was shot by capitol police.

When the police  announced that a curfew people went home.

It was a riot.   About 300-400 people arrested and being dealt with,  from what i hear, harshly.

Insurrections dont disband when ordered too.  This wasnt. 

Re bolded:  really?  Where does it say that in the definition?….

in·sur·rec·tion

/ˌinsəˈrekSH(ə)n/

Learn to pronounce

noun

noun: insurrection; plural noun: insurrections

a violent uprising against an authority or government.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, quick-hands said:

Insurrections have guns.   No guns taken.   Insurrections have get people killed.  The only person killed was shot by capitol police.

When the police  announced that a curfew people went home.

It was a riot.   About 300-400 people arrested and being dealt with,  from what i hear, harshly.

Insurrections dont disband when ordered too.  This wasnt. 

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/548488-dc-police-on-capitols-west-side-called-for-help-17-times-during-riot-report

Your disrespect for the what you must consider to be wimpy Capital police who called for help 17 times in 78 minutes is duly noted.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, quick-hands said:

Insurrections have guns.   No guns taken.   Insurrections have get people killed.  The only person killed was shot by capitol police.

When the police  announced that a curfew people went home.

It was a riot.   About 300-400 people arrested and being dealt with,  from what i hear, harshly.

Insurrections dont disband when ordered too.  This wasnt. 

That is not a requirement.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guys.   Stop with your little games.    If this was an ACTUAL insurrection you wouldnt be showing me the websters definition.   OR telling me that guns arent a requirement.  I wonder how many times they called for help during that peaceful DC blm/antifa in the summer 2020 riot. 17 times in 78 minutes.   Thats called monday afternoon in Detroit.

If you think anyone thinks they can actually replace the govt without actual violence.   Thats just stupid.    It was a stupid riot.   400 people went overboard and they are being dealt with.

  • Love 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, quick-hands said:

Guys.   Stop with your little games.    If this was an ACTUAL insurrection you wouldnt be showing me the websters definition.   OR telling me that guns arent a requirement.  I wonder how many times they called for help during that peaceful DC blm/antifa in the summer 2020 riot. 17 times in 78 minutes.   Thats called monday afternoon in Detroit.

If you think anyone thinks they can actually replace the govt without actual violence.   Thats just stupid.    It was a stupid riot.   400 people went overboard and they are being dealt with.

Don’t know what to tell you. You were the one defining what was required for an insurrection. You were wrong.  By the definition it was an insurrection.  🤷🏻‍♂️  No amount of whataboutism changes that.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, quick-hands said:

Guys.   Stop with your little games.    If this was an ACTUAL insurrection you wouldnt be showing me the websters definition.   OR telling me that guns arent a requirement.  I wonder how many times they called for help during that peaceful DC blm/antifa in the summer 2020 riot. 17 times in 78 minutes.   Thats called monday afternoon in Detroit.

If you think anyone thinks they can actually replace the govt without actual violence.   Thats just stupid.    It was a stupid riot.   400 people went overboard and they are being dealt with.

Nope 

Edited by dozer
  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, quick-hands said:

Guys.   Stop with your little games.    If this was an ACTUAL insurrection you wouldnt be showing me the websters definition.   OR telling me that guns arent a requirement.  I wonder how many times they called for help during that peaceful DC blm/antifa in the summer 2020 riot. 17 times in 78 minutes.   Thats called monday afternoon in Detroit.

If you think anyone thinks they can actually replace the govt without actual violence.   Thats just stupid.    It was a stupid riot.   400 people went overboard and they are being dealt with.

:goodposting:

  • Laughing 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, quick-hands said:

Guys.   Stop with your little games.    If this was an ACTUAL insurrection you wouldnt be showing me the websters definition.   OR telling me that guns arent a requirement.  I wonder how many times they called for help during that peaceful DC blm/antifa in the summer 2020 riot. 17 times in 78 minutes.   Thats called monday afternoon in Detroit.

If you think anyone thinks they can actually replace the govt without actual violence.   Thats just stupid.    It was a stupid riot.   400 people went overboard and they are being dealt with.

:own3d:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, quick-hands said:

If you think anyone thinks they can actually replace the govt without actual violence.   Thats just stupid.    It was a stupid riot.   400 people went overboard and they are being dealt with.

January 6 was not without actual violence. And yes, the 400 are being dealt with harshly, as they should. My interest in an investigation is more about the politicians that incited it. That's why the gopers don't want it to happen. Kevin McCarthy definitely does not want to testify about the heated conversation he had with Trump as it was happening. Complete cover-up and cop out and if BLM pulled this garbage after a Republican was elected president you and your political brethren would be beyond outraged.

Of course, that sort of event would have piled up corpses, so apples and oranges.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

Don’t know what to tell you. You were the one defining what was required for an insurrection. You were wrong.  By the definition it was an insurrection.  🤷🏻‍♂️  No amount of whataboutism changes that.  

Ok.  Ill help you.  

China, Beijing 1989.  Tiannamin square.   Guy stands in front of tank column.  That was an insurrection.   That guy was was disappeared.   Thats what totalitarian countries do when they win.

Soviet union vs boris yeltsin.    Actual tank battles.    Thats an insurrection.

Guys sitting at desks and stealing lap tops.    Not an innsurrection.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, quick-hands said:

Ok.  Ill help you.  

China, Beijing 1989.  Tiannamin square.   Guy stands in front of tank column.  That was an insurrection.   That guy was was disappeared.   Thats what totalitarian countries do when they win.

Soviet union vs boris yeltsin.    Actual tank battles.    Thats an insurrection.

Guys sitting at desks and stealing lap tops.    Not an 

Edited by dozer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, quick-hands said:

Ok.  Ill help you.  

China, Beijing 1989.  Tiannamin square.   Guy stands in front of tank column.  That was an insurrection.   That guy was was disappeared.   Thats what totalitarian countries do when they win.

Soviet union vs boris yeltsin.    Actual tank battles.    Thats an insurrection.

Guys sitting at desks and stealing lap tops.    Not an innsurrection.

 

Those were definitely insurrections, no doubt about it.  So was this.  On the same scale of the examples you gave? Certainly not, but it doesn’t have to be. 

Please detail for us, by the definition of the word, how it wasn’t. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

Those were definitely insurrections, no doubt about it.  So was this.  On the same scale of the examples you gave? Certainly not, but it doesn’t have to be. 

Please detail for us, by the definition of the word, how it wasn’t. 

You think govts fall over that?   You cant even take over a bar like that.     Less people died than at CHOP.    And they couldnt hold 3 blocks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, quick-hands said:

You think govts fall over that?   You cant even take over a bar like that.     Less people died than at CHOP.    And they couldnt hold 3 blocks.

Re bolded:  no.  But again that’s not a requirement any more the having a gun is.  

54 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

a violent uprising against an authority or government.

That’s EXACTY what it was.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, stlrams said:

Was the democracy of our county in jeopardy on January 6th?

More so than it has been since what...1860?  

Speaking of which, these guys did what Lee never did - march the Confederate battle flag into the US Capital.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, quick-hands said:

Ok.  Ill help you.  

China, Beijing 1989.  Tiannamin square.   Guy stands in front of tank column.  That was an insurrection.   That guy was was disappeared.   Thats what totalitarian countries do when they win.

Soviet union vs boris yeltsin.    Actual tank battles.    Thats an insurrection.

Guys sitting at desks and stealing lap tops.    Not an innsurrection.

 

Since when does there need to be actual danger of succeeding for a crime to be committed?

If a sniper takes a shot at the pope in his little bulletproof glass golf cart, it's still attempted murder, even if there was near zero chance of success. Come on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, moleculo said:

More so than it has been since what...1860?  

Speaking of which, these guys did what Lee never did - march the Confederate battle flag into the US Capital.

So the democracy of the country was in jeopardy on January 6th? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, stlrams said:

So the democracy of the country was in jeopardy on January 6th? 

More so than it has been since what...1860?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, stlrams said:

So the democracy of the country was in jeopardy on January 6th? 

What was the stated goal of the 1000s of people who smashed windows, broke down doors, bum-rushed police lines, and had a violent stand off with police in the Capitol halls, and we're trying to break into a secure room where election proceedings were taking place? Where Congressman and Senators were instructed to put on gas masks and evacuate to safe rooms? What were those people trying to accomplish?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Shouting outside the building where an electoral process is going on - Protest

Breaking into the building where an electoral process is going on in an attempt to stop it from occurring - Insurrection

It’s really not this hard folks. 

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

Really have no idea where you’re going with this.  

Empty handed way down?   Kara-te.    Open handed strike.     

Chop in usa governmental free zones

C.H.U.D. is canabalistic humanoid underground dwellers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Herb said:

January 6 was not without actual violence. And yes, the 400 are being dealt with harshly, as they should. My interest in an investigation is more about the politicians that incited it. That's why the gopers don't want it to happen. Kevin McCarthy definitely does not want to testify about the heated conversation he had with Trump as it was happening. Complete cover-up and cop out and if BLM pulled this garbage after a Republican was elected president you and your political brethren would be beyond outraged.

Of course, that sort of event would have piled up corpses, so apples and oranges.

Outrage.   That was a brush fire.     

This country is strong beyond belief and weak as a babe.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, quick-hands said:

Empty handed way down?   Kara-te.    Open handed strike.     

Chop in usa governmental free zones

C.H.U.D. is canabalistic humanoid underground dwellers

Ummmm, ok.  :shrug:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, dkp993 said:
10 hours ago, quick-hands said:

Insurrections have guns.   No guns taken.   Insurrections have get people killed.  The only person killed was shot by capitol police.

When the police  announced that a curfew people went home.

It was a riot.   About 300-400 people arrested and being dealt with,  from what i hear, harshly.

Insurrections dont disband when ordered too.  This wasnt. 

Re bolded:  really?  Where does it say that in the definition?….

in·sur·rec·tion

/ˌinsəˈrekSH(ə)n/

Learn to pronounce

noun

noun: insurrection; plural noun: insurrections

a violent uprising against an authority or government.

:goodposting:

Exactly....just yet another term that's going to be hacked up and bastardized.  We'll just add it to the list of words that have no meaning.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Herb said:

January 6 was not without actual violence. And yes, the 400 are being dealt with harshly, as they should. My interest in an investigation is more about the politicians that incited it. That's why the gopers don't want it to happen. Kevin McCarthy definitely does not want to testify about the heated conversation he had with Trump as it was happening. Complete cover-up and cop out and if BLM pulled this garbage after a Republican was elected president you and your political brethren would be beyond outraged.

Of course, that sort of event would have piled up corpses, so apples and oranges.

:goodposting: A much better posting. Even more important what would White House staff say what the President was doing and saying the first couple hours this event took place. I’d like to see what Transportation  Secretary Chao testify....what happened that the wife of Sen McConnell was so awful that she quit with just a handful of days left under the Trump administration 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, moleculo said:

More so than it has been since what...1860?  

It was never in jeopardy so stop with the drama queen routine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Witz said:

Shouting outside the building where an electoral process is going on - Protest

Breaking into the building where an electoral process is going on in an attempt to stop it from occurring - Insurrection

It’s really not this hard folks. 

 

If so, it was the lamest insurrection in the history of the planet.  The ONLY reason the Democrats care at this point is to political points and try to legitimize their BS blowhard rhetoric in some 'official' congressional investigation and try to pass more laws which trample on the first amendment rights of the people.    

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Amused to Death said:

What was the stated goal of the 1000s of people who smashed windows, broke down doors, bum-rushed police lines, and had a violent stand off with police in the Capitol halls, and we're trying to break into a secure room where election proceedings were taking place? Where Congressman and Senators were instructed to put on gas masks and evacuate to safe rooms? What were those people trying to accomplish?

Regardless of their goal, you honestly think they were going to over throw the government..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...