Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

January 6th - what will happen?


Maik Jeaunz

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

If so, it was the lamest insurrection in the history of the planet.  The ONLY reason the Democrats care at this point is to political points and try to legitimize their BS blowhard rhetoric in some 'official' congressional investigation and try to pass more laws which trample on the first amendment rights of the people.    

Lamest?.......The video I have been watching showed how  protesters overwhelmed the Capital police and broke inside the Capital. If someone had produced a movie on an attempt to overturn the legitimate results of election and had this in it I would have turned it off saying that could never happen. I know some of you couldn’t give. rat’s ### but I today I put someone here arguing irrationally on ignore.

Edited by lazyike
  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

If so, it was the lamest insurrection in the history of the planet.  The ONLY reason the Democrats care at this point is to political points and try to legitimize their BS blowhard rhetoric in some 'official' congressional investigation and try to pass more laws which trample on the first amendment rights of the people.    

Everyone should care regardless of political affiliation. What occurred was inexcusable. Was it really going to ultimately stop the process? Of course not. The fact that every single person can’t just admit that what occurred should not have occurred is the problem. 

And seriously? What occurred once they breached the building does NOT fall under the first amendment. 

Edited by Witz
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, stlrams said:

It was never in jeopardy so stop with the drama queen routine.

Our democracy was more in jeopardy on Jan 6 than at any point since the states took up arms against themselves. 

Had Mike Pence some what Trump or the mob demanded, or had any resolution passed where the vote was not certified, the will of the people would not have been fulfilled.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, stlrams said:

Regardless of their goal, you honestly think they were going to over throw the government..

Their goal was to inappropriately influence congress from certifying the legitimate vote, thereby suppressing the will of the people.

This is how fascism starts.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

What should be investigated are all the Democrst lies.

1.  ARMED INSSURECTION!!!  - 

2.  DEADLY INSURRECTION!!!

3.  TRYING TO CAPTURE POLITICIANS!!!

4.  OUR DEMOCRACY WAS ENDAGERED!!!

just more hysterical hyperbole after hysterical hyperbole.   Democrats successfly used it to help them win two senate seats in Georgia.  Now they think it is going to help them pass laws to suppress speech of political opponents.  People are on to your games. 

Edited by jon_mx
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, moleculo said:

Their goal was to inappropriately influence congress from certifying the legitimate vote, thereby suppressing the will of the people.

This is how fascism starts.

Lol...puh_leeez.  The fascists here are the Democrats, wanting to use government to attack political opponents.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, stlrams said:

Regardless of their goal, you honestly think they were going to over throw the government..

They tried to stop a free and fair election and put the VPs life in danger as well as every Congressman and Senator in the Capitol. It was due to the heroic efforts of the Capitol Police and the National Guard that they weren't successful.

It's a stain on America's history.

Edited by Amused to Death
  • Like 2
  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

Lol...puh_leeez.  The fascists here are the Democrats, wanting to use government to attack political opponents.  

Seriously?  You are going with  "I know you are but what am I?" Lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, moleculo said:

Seriously?  You are going with  "I know you are but what am I?" Lol.

No...just Democrats = Fascists.

This is classic psychological projecting that the Democrats engage in.  

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 2
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, moleculo said:

Our democracy was more in jeopardy on Jan 6 than at any point since the states took up arms against themselves. 

Had Mike Pence some what Trump or the mob demanded, or had any resolution passed where the vote was not certified, the will of the people would not have been fulfilled.

Seriously, so let me get this straight, 10,000 people armed mostly with flags was going to overthrow the government of 350.0m people with the strongest military in the world.  Is that the angle your going with?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

They tried to stop a free and fair election and put the VPs life in danger as well as every Congressman and Senator in the Capitol. It was due to the heroic efforts of the Capitol Police and the National Guard that they weren't successful.

It's a stain on America's history.

So no answer?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, stlrams said:

So no answer?

 

44 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

They tried to stop a free and fair election and put the VPs life in danger as well as every Congressman and Senator in the Capitol. It was due to the heroic efforts of the Capitol Police and the National Guard that they weren't successful.

It's a stain on America's history.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

 

 

I asked if you thought they were going to overthrow the government but you are deciding not to answer..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, the moops said:

Unlikelihood of succeeding is an interesting defense

Who was defending the events on January 6th?  Please quote me upthread and I would be happy to apologize.  I was just pointing out reality as people are claiming our country was in jeopardy...  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, stlrams said:

I asked if you thought they were going to overthrow the government but you are deciding not to answer..

Watching It unfold live, I  honestly had no idea what was going to happen. I watched in disbelief what was happening to our country as 1000s of Trump supporters broke through windows, smashed down doors, beat on the cops and sprayed them with chemicals. I was thinking "this is what we've come to?? All based on a lie from a sore loser president who then praised their efforts."

I had no idea if they would be successful. I saw people in body armor, beating the police who were being overwhelmed by frenzied mob, chanting they wanted Mike Pence and Nancy Pelosi. 

I watched it escalate live. No one knew in those moments what was going to happen. Not me, not you. So yeah, I thought they might have been successful.

And it was only from the heroic efforts of the police and National Guard that they weren't.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, stlrams said:

I asked if you thought they were going to overthrow the government but you are deciding not to answer..

What would have happened if the mob stole the box containing the EC ballots?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

What would have happened if the mob stole the box containing the EC ballots?

Joe Biden would still be president.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, stlrams said:

Seriously, so let me get this straight, 10,000 people armed mostly with flags was going to overthrow the government of 350.0m people with the strongest military in the world.  Is that the angle your going with?

Not overthrow, no.  But, for sure they were intent on changing our path to something where elections don't matter - if you lose an election, all you have to do is pitch a fit and you get to stay in power.  It's not OK.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

No...just Democrats = Fascists.

This is classic psychological projecting that the Democrats engage in.  

Pot, meet kettle.

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jon_mx said:

What should be investigated are all the Democrst lies.

1.  ARMED INSSURECTION!!!  - 

2.  DEADLY INSURRECTION!!!

3.  TRYING TO CAPTURE POLITICIANS!!!

4.  OUR DEMOCRACY WAS ENDAGERED!!!

just more hysterical hyperbole after hysterical hyperbole.   Democrats successfly used it to help them win two senate seats in Georgia.  Now they think it is going to help them pass laws to suppress speech of political opponents.  People are on to your games. 

This is a disgusting post. Fortunately, it is a minority opinion.

  • Thanks 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, stlrams said:

Who was defending the events on January 6th?  Please quote me upthread and I would be happy to apologize.  I was just pointing out reality as people are claiming our country was in jeopardy...  

Every single person above saying it was just a ‘protest’. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, quick-hands said:

Ok.  Ill help you.  

China, Beijing 1989.  Tiannamin square.   Guy stands in front of tank column.  That was an insurrection.   That guy was was disappeared.   Thats what totalitarian countries do when they win.

Soviet union vs boris yeltsin.    Actual tank battles.    Thats an insurrection.

Guys sitting at desks and stealing lap tops.    Not an innsurrection.

 

How about a “failed insurrection”?  Would you agree with that descriptor?  Because that’s the phrase used by at least one very prominent Republican. 

Edited by bigbottom
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, jon_mx said:

What should be investigated are all the Democrst lies.

1.  ARMED INSSURECTION!!!  - 

2.  DEADLY INSURRECTION!!!

3.  TRYING TO CAPTURE POLITICIANS!!!

4.  OUR DEMOCRACY WAS ENDAGERED!!!

just more hysterical hyperbole after hysterical hyperbole.   Democrats successfly used it to help them win two senate seats in Georgia.  Now they think it is going to help them pass laws to suppress speech of political opponents.  People are on to your games. 

What laws are being proposed to suppress speech?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, stlrams said:

Who was defending the events on January 6th?  Please quote me upthread and I would be happy to apologize.  I was just pointing out reality as people are claiming our country was in jeopardy...  

The actual President summoned a mob of people to the Capitol to “stop the steal”, pressured his VP to stop the count, asked a state to “find votes”, on and on.

How much more would this guy need to do for you to be concerned?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, jon_mx said:

it was the lamest insurrection in the history of the planet.

it was pretty lame.   might be different in the future.   did you catch Matt Gaetz on Thursday?

"we have a 2nd Amendment in this country and I think we have an obligation to use it"

and then he actually told the truth about the 2nd Amendment, saying it's not about hunting or recreation, but

"the ability to maintain an armed rebellion against the government if that becomes necessary"

of course if we don't have a President inciting insurrection and tying the hands of law enforcement that could be a factor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, bigbottom said:

How about a “failed insurrection”?  Would you agree with that descriptor?  Because that’s the phrase used by at least one very prominent Republican. 

I use "riot by idiots"

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, PennStater77 said:

I don't get why Dems are so infaturated with Jan 6th. The people who committed the crimes have been or are getting arrested. Not sure what they think they will accomplish with a investigation. Why not worry about people being homeless, student loans, or other things you promised and haven't tackled yet.

Honest question. IF the President received calls for help (say, to send in the National Guard) during the Capitol riot and when people were breaching the Senate, and he chose to delay sending in additional forces because he wanted to see how things played out, would you consider that an act of treason?  I’m not saying that this is what happened, or even whether the cost and distraction of a Congressional commission would be worth finding out whether it happened, I’m just curious whether people would consider this an act of treason.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think this is worth revisiting. 
 

January 6th was a disgrace. American citizens attacked their own government. They use terrorism to try to stop a specific piece of domestic business they did not like. Fellow Americans beat and bloodied our own police. They stormed the center floor. They tried to hunt down the Speaker of the House. They built a gallows and chatted about murdering the vice president. They did this because they’d been fed wild, falsehoods by the most powerful man on earth because he was angry. He lost an election. Former President Trump’s actions preceded the riot or a disgraceful dereliction of duty. The House accused the former president of quote “Incitement”. That is a specific term from the criminal law. Let me just put that aside for a moment and reiterate something I said weeks ago. There’s no question, none, that President Trump is practically and morally responsible for provoking the events of the day. No question about it.

The people who stormed this building believed they were acting on the wishes and instructions of their president and having that belief was a foreseeable consequence of the growing crescendo of false statements, conspiracy theories, and reckless hyperbole, which the defeated president kept shouting into the largest megaphone on planet Earth. The issue is not only the president in temperate language on January 6th. It is not just his endorsement of remarks in which an associate urged quote “Trial by combat”. It was also the entire manufactured atmosphere of looming catastrophe. The increasingly wild myths about a reverse landslide election that was somehow being stolen. Some secret coup by our now president.

Whatever our ex president claims he thought might happen a day, whatever right reaction he’s says he meant to produce by that afternoon we know he was watching the same live television as the rest of us. A mob was assaulting the Capitol in his name, these criminals who are carrying his banners, hanging his flags and screaming their loyalty to him. It was obvious that only President Trump could end this. He was the only one who could. Former aides publicly begged him to do so. Loyal allies frantically called the administration. The president did not act swiftly. He did not do his job. He didn’t take steps so federal law could be faithfully executed and order restored. No, instead, according to public reports, he watched television happily as the chaos unfolded. He kept pressing his scheme to overturn the election. Now, even after it was clear to any reasonable observer that Vice President Pence was in serious danger. Even as the mob carrying Trump banners was beating cops and breaching perimeters their president sent a further tweet, attacking his own vice president.

Now predictably and foreseeably under the circumstances, members of the mob seemed to interpret this as a further inspiration to lawlessness and violence not surprisingly. Later, even when the president did halfheartedly began calling for peace he didn’t call right away for the riot to end. He did not tell the mob to depart until even later. And even then with police officers bleeding and broken glass covering Capitol floors, he kept repeating election laws and praising the criminals. In recent weeks, our ex-president’s associates have tried to use the 74 million Americans who voted to reelect him as a kind of human shield against criticism. Using the 74 million who voted for him as kind of a human seal shield against criticism. Anyone who decries his awful behavior is accused of insulting millions of voters. That’s an absurd deflection. 74 million Americans did not invade the Capitol, hundreds of rioters did. 74 million Americans did not engineer the campaign of disinformation and rage that provoked it. One person did, just one.

~Mitch McConnell, Senate Minority Leader

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, dozer said:

This is a disgusting post. Fortunately, it is a minority opinion.

The reason our democracy is still in danger it isn't as big of a minority opinion as you think. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, bigbottom said:

I think this is worth revisiting. 
 

January 6th was a disgrace. American citizens attacked their own government. They use terrorism to try to stop a specific piece of domestic business they did not like. Fellow Americans beat and bloodied our own police. They stormed the center floor. They tried to hunt down the Speaker of the House. They built a gallows and chatted about murdering the vice president. They did this because they’d been fed wild, falsehoods by the most powerful man on earth because he was angry. He lost an election. Former President Trump’s actions preceded the riot or a disgraceful dereliction of duty. The House accused the former president of quote “Incitement”. That is a specific term from the criminal law. Let me just put that aside for a moment and reiterate something I said weeks ago. There’s no question, none, that President Trump is practically and morally responsible for provoking the events of the day. No question about it.

The people who stormed this building believed they were acting on the wishes and instructions of their president and having that belief was a foreseeable consequence of the growing crescendo of false statements, conspiracy theories, and reckless hyperbole, which the defeated president kept shouting into the largest megaphone on planet Earth. The issue is not only the president in temperate language on January 6th. It is not just his endorsement of remarks in which an associate urged quote “Trial by combat”. It was also the entire manufactured atmosphere of looming catastrophe. The increasingly wild myths about a reverse landslide election that was somehow being stolen. Some secret coup by our now president.

Whatever our ex president claims he thought might happen a day, whatever right reaction he’s says he meant to produce by that afternoon we know he was watching the same live television as the rest of us. A mob was assaulting the Capitol in his name, these criminals who are carrying his banners, hanging his flags and screaming their loyalty to him. It was obvious that only President Trump could end this. He was the only one who could. Former aides publicly begged him to do so. Loyal allies frantically called the administration. The president did not act swiftly. He did not do his job. He didn’t take steps so federal law could be faithfully executed and order restored. No, instead, according to public reports, he watched television happily as the chaos unfolded. He kept pressing his scheme to overturn the election. Now, even after it was clear to any reasonable observer that Vice President Pence was in serious danger. Even as the mob carrying Trump banners was beating cops and breaching perimeters their president sent a further tweet, attacking his own vice president.

Now predictably and foreseeably under the circumstances, members of the mob seemed to interpret this as a further inspiration to lawlessness and violence not surprisingly. Later, even when the president did halfheartedly began calling for peace he didn’t call right away for the riot to end. He did not tell the mob to depart until even later. And even then with police officers bleeding and broken glass covering Capitol floors, he kept repeating election laws and praising the criminals. In recent weeks, our ex-president’s associates have tried to use the 74 million Americans who voted to reelect him as a kind of human shield against criticism. Using the 74 million who voted for him as kind of a human seal shield against criticism. Anyone who decries his awful behavior is accused of insulting millions of voters. That’s an absurd deflection. 74 million Americans did not invade the Capitol, hundreds of rioters did. 74 million Americans did not engineer the campaign of disinformation and rage that provoked it. One person did, just one.

~Mitch McConnell, Senate Minority Leader

:goodposting:

Does this mean Mitch is now a RINO?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, The Commish said:

:goodposting:

Does this mean Mitch is now a RINO?

Duh.

Didn’t you know he was a super secret socialist pinko commie democrat, it’s all just been a 40+ yr rouse to spring his trap and control us all (like every Democrat wants to do). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, jon_mx said:

What should be investigated are all the Democrst lies.

1.  ARMED INSSURECTION!!!  - 

2.  DEADLY INSURRECTION!!!

3.  TRYING TO CAPTURE POLITICIANS!!!

4.  OUR DEMOCRACY WAS ENDAGERED!!!

just more hysterical hyperbole after hysterical hyperbole.   Democrats successfly used it to help them win two senate seats in Georgia.  Now they think it is going to help them pass laws to suppress speech of political opponents.  People are on to your games. 

How about...

1. IT WAS JUST A FEW PEACEFUL PROTESTERS, NO ONE WAS IN DANGER.

2. ONE GUY WITH ZIP TIES, HOW SCARY!

3. DEMOCRATS ARE FASCISTS!

4. THIS WAS JUST LOTS OF PEOPLE PEACEFULLY WALKING IN TROUGH SECURITY LINES

5. JUST SOME PEOPLE WITH SIGNS, HOW SCARY! ELEMENTARY KIDS MAKE SIGNS TOO EVEN THEY KNOW IT MEANS NOTHING

 

Yeah no hyperbole from the right either.  puh_leeez

Republicans are trying to whitewash 1/6 to steal senate seats.  Now they think it is going to help them pass laws to suppress speech of political opponents.  People are on to your games. 
 

*see how that works Jon.  Until your side’s backyard is clean you probably shouldn’t go judging someone else’s.  

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, stlrams said:

Was the democracy of our county in jeopardy on January 6th?

There were 139 House Republicans who voted on January 6 to overturn election results. You can add 8 Republican Senators to the list. 

So my answer to your question is YES.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, lazyike said:

Lamest?.......The video I have been watching showed how  protesters overwhelmed the Capital police and broke inside the Capital. If someone had produced a movie on an attempt to overturn the legitimate results of election and had this in it I would have turned it off saying that could never happen. I know some of you couldn’t give. rat’s ### but I today I put someone here arguing irrationally on ignore.

Thank God.  All fools should put me on ignore.  We already know what went wrong that day, the Capitol Police and security dropped the ball and did not prepare for what everyone knew months in advanced was going to be a gathering of people upset at the ection results.  The provided security was insufficient to control even a few hundred people let alone tens of thousands of people.  The so-called "barriers" that were breached were a couple bicycle racks which a six year old could have easily breached.  The amount of violence that day was laughable compared to the mayhem which we endured from the BLM riots.  I am sick of the hypocrits on the left and their fake outrage.  It is so old.  Move on to some real issue instead of this lame effort to criminalize being conservative. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, kwille said:

There were 139 House Republicans who voted on January 6 to overturn election results. You can add 8 Republican Senators to the list. 

So my answer to your question is YES.

So your evidence that our democracy is at risk is a....... vote.  You really can't make these arguements up.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

Thank God.  All fools should put me on ignore.  We already know what went wrong that day, the Capitol Police and security dropped the ball and did not prepare for what everyone knew months in advanced was going to be a gathering of people upset at the ection results.  The provided security was insufficient to control even a few hundred people let alone tens of thousands of people.  The so-called "barriers" that were breached were a couple bicycle racks which a six year old could have easily breached.  The amount of violence that day was laughable compared to the mayhem which we endured from the BLM riots.  I am sick of the hypocrits on the left and their fake outrage.  It is so old.  Move on to some real issue instead of this lame effort to criminalize being conservative. 

re: bolded above: I thought you were against hyperbole?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, dkp993 said:

How about...

1. IT WAS JUST A FEW PEACEFUL PROTESTERS, NO ONE WAS IN DANGER.

2. ONE GUY WITH ZIP TIES, HOW SCARY!

3. DEMOCRATS ARE FASCISTS!

4. THIS WAS JUST LOTS OF PEOPLE PEACEFULLY WALKING IN TROUGH SECURITY LINES

5. JUST SOME PEOPLE WITH SIGNS, HOW SCARY! ELEMENTARY KIDS MAKE SIGNS TOO EVEN THEY KNOW IT MEANS NOTHING

 

Yeah no hyperbole from the right either.  puh_leeez

Republicans are trying to whitewash 1/6 to steal senate seats.  Now they think it is going to help them pass laws to suppress speech of political opponents.  People are on to your games. 
 

*see how that works Jon.  Until your side’s backyard is clean you probably shouldn’t go judging someone else’s.  

I had some beef with how you characterized a few of those, but for the most part they were mostly accurate descriptions.  It is your backyard trying to make hay out of this, so the burden is on you to make a legitimate case and not rely on lies.  

  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, moleculo said:

re: bolded above: I thought you were against hyperbole?

 

How is that a hyperbole?  It is exactly the purpose.  Your buddy Maverick is trying to single out right-wing organizations and have them considered terrorists organizations.  This whole commissions is an extension of that.  The goal is to create an expansive list of right-wing organizations to which any association will cast suspicions on.  And use this as a watch list for travel, to monitor communications, deny federal contracts and employment opportunity, provide cover for their tech giants minions to even greater censor and deplatform.  It is the start of the new era of McCarthyism but with a much largest scope and with the full force of government.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

So your evidence that our democracy is at risk is a....... vote.  You really can't make these arguements up.  

A vote to overturn the will of the people. But you knew that.

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, kwille said:

A vote to overturn the will of the people. But you knew that.

It is a democratic part of the process.  A vote which you disagree with is not an assault on democracy.  It is democracy. 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

I had some beef with how you characterized a few of those, but for the most part they were mostly accurate descriptions.  It is your backyard trying to make hay out of this, so the burden is on you to make a legitimate case and not rely on lies.  

  

Your reply perfectly encapsulates my point.  Thank you. 
 

#mysidegoodyoursidebad

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
Just now, BladeRunner said:

I thought you didn't have a side?  ;)

I don’t.  That hashtag wasn’t for me.  

Edited by dkp993
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

It is a democratic part of the process.  A vote which you disagree with is not an assault on democracy.  It is democracy. 

Are you arguing that had enough reps voted to decertify the 2020 election results (the will of the people) on January 6 , that this would have good for our democracy? 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, kwille said:

Are you arguing that had enough reps voted to decertify the 2020 election results (the will of the people) on January 6 , that this would have good for our democracy? 

Whether it was good or not is irrelevant, tbh.  It would have been a democratic vote via Democracy.

  • Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...