What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

January 6th - what will happen? (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but that is crap.  Objects do not constitue arms.  One dude with a flag pole does not mean they were armed.  I know of no objects inside the Capitol building which were used to harm anyone.  I know the narrative is hard to let go, but it is extremely misleading at best.  If police shot a black man for carrying a flag saying he was 'armed',  the BS meters would go off.  
If someone broke into your house swinging a flag pole and using bear spray on you and yours... would you consider them weapons?

Normally I would not consider a person with a flagpole armed, but when they start using it to beat police officers I would.
Was he inside the Capitol?  BLM crowds throw rocks and other objects injuring police, but I never hear them referrer to as an armed .ob because of that.  If you can't use words consistently, you are being biased and disingenuous    

If someone broke into your house swinging a flag pole and using bear spray on you and yours... would you consider them weapons?
I would never refer to it as an armed intrusion.  The media and the left grossly mislead the public and won't stop the non-sense.   I still see it referred to as a deadly attack which is absurd.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Was he inside the Capitol?  BLM crowds throw rocks and other objects injuring police, but I never hear them referrer to as an armed .ob because of that.  If you can't use words consistently, you are being biased and disingenuous    
I would consider a BLM rioter throwing rocks at police to also be armed.  I didn't realize I needed to extend this to the BLM riots in the Jan 6th thread.  For someone who likes to call people out for using presumptions, you might want to hold off on calling people inconsistent, biased, and disingenuous until you actually know their position.

Would you consider BLM people throwing rocks at police to be armed?

Weird....in this world i hear phrases like "armed with a baseball bat" and "armed with a rock" and "armed with a lead pipe" etc

People throwing rocks are absolutely armed. That this is what the "discussion" has  come to should tell all of you where we're at.

Weird....in this world i hear phrases like "armed with a baseball bat" and "armed with a rock" and "armed with a lead pipe" etc

People throwing rocks are absolutely armed. That this is what the "discussion" has  come to should tell all of you where we're at.
Armed with a rock?  Really?

What about bats?  That work?  Seriously, is this really a distinction we want to argue?  Next we'll be saying "equipped" is SO DIFFERENT than "armed" in these conversations.  The ability of some to narrow the definition of words to be virtually meaningless then turn around and broaden another word to be virtually meaningless in these "debates" is a pretty amazing thing to watch.

What about bats?  That work?  Seriously, is this really a distinction we want to argue?  Next we'll be saying "equipped" is SO DIFFERENT than "armed" in these conversations.  The ability of some to narrow the definition of words to be virtually meaningless then turn around and broaden another word to be virtually meaningless in these "debates" is a pretty amazing thing to watch.
Yea, this shouldn't be difficult to understand. 

A baseball player coming up to bat or practicing off the tee would not be considered armed.

Wearing a kevlar vest and bringing a baseball bat to a protest would be considered armed.

I would never refer to it as an armed intrusion.  The media and the left grossly mislead the public and won't stop the non-sense.   I still see it referred to as a deadly attack which is absurd.  
Speaking for myself, nobody has to inform me of anything. I watched it live. It was violent and wildly illegal.  Tragic too as it was based on a complete lie.  And somebody got popped because they wouldn't F'n stop breaching perimeters with a big ### crowd behind them despite being warned to just F'n stop on multiple,  multiple, multiple occasions. I'm surprised and thankful that more didn't die. Tragic, violent, illegal, unpatriotic, disgusting, and yes, deadly.....pick your adjective. That day is a travesty. Even moreso because that evening more than half of House Republicans chose to not certify the election results with absolutely no reasonable argument except fielty to a damn lie.

Speaking for myself, nobody has to inform me of anything. I watched it live. It was violent and wildly illegal.  Tragic too as it was based on a complete lie.  And somebody got popped because they wouldn't F'n stop breaching perimeters with a big ### crowd behind them despite being warned to just F'n stop on multiple,  multiple, multiple occasions. I'm surprised and thankful that more didn't die. Tragic, violent, illegal, unpatriotic, disgusting, and yes, deadly.....pick your adjective. That day is a travesty. Even moreso because that evening more than half of House Republicans chose to not certify the election results with absolutely no reasonable argument except fielty to a damn lie.
It was a mostly peaceful protest. :shrug:  

That's the new standard set by the water carriers for BLM/Antifa.

I understand the point you’re trying to make although I consider your argument to be disingenuous. I know if the same thing happened at my front door I would consider it an armed attack, and if we could all put politics aside, I would think to a man we could all agree that the first person through the front door would get 2 to the chest if I had to protect my family.

What the #### has happened for anyone to reach this conclusion??? Did you watch the videos? Have you heard the Capitol Police talk about this? 
It’s like half this country has been taken over by space aliens. 
Are you serious? :lol:

What happened on January 6th was a walk in the park compared to what blm/antifa has done over the last couple years.

Your own msm called those peaceful protests. You know the ones you believe Hook Line & Sinker?

What the #### has happened for anyone to reach this conclusion??? Did you watch the videos? Have you heard the Capitol Police talk about this? 
It’s like half this country has been taken over by space aliens. 
Particularly where the mob is trying to crush the police officer between two doors.  :(

How could anyone call that disturbing imagery mostly peaceful?

Are you serious? :lol:

What happened on January 6th was a walk in the park compared to what blm/antifa has done over the last couple years.

Your own msm called those peaceful protests. You know the ones you believe Hook Line & Sinker?
As usual the mainstream media got it right: What happened last summer was peaceful protests organized by Black Lives Matter, sometimes followed by riots looting  by thugs with no connection to Black Lives Matter, and in a very small number of cases, some violence and public property seizures by Antifa. No real connection between BLM and the rioting, very little connection between BLM and Antifa, and the narrative you’ve been spouting about it for nearly a year now is complete nonsense. And has absolutely nothing to do with January 6, despite your insistence on bringing it up in every post. 

As usual the mainstream media got it right: What happened last summer was peaceful protests organized by Black Lives Matter, sometimes followed by riots looting  by thugs with no connection to Black Lives Matter, and in a very small number of cases, some violence and public property seizures by Antifa. No real connection between BLM and the rioting, very little connection between BLM and Antifa, and the narrative you’ve been spouting about it for nearly a year now is complete nonsense. And has absolutely nothing to do with January 6, despite your insistence on bringing it up in every post. 
... along with a laughing emoji or facepalm emoji.  Can't forget that part. 

This disconnect from reality is why the country is so divided right now

Rotflol...there were over $2 Billion in damages, which is about 1000 times more than happened on January 6th.  There were dozens of deaths surrounding these things.  Cities were literally in flames in the background as they calmly described the protests as mostly peaceful.  You can delink the riots because it is convenient, but these were the same people who were protesting during the day.  Of course they are related.  We live in a country where we are suppose to have equal protection under the law.  The left wants to create two systems, one for liberals, and one for conservatives.  You are not getting away with your one-sided distortions and lies.   The only difference is the media hides the evidence for the BLM riots and downplays the consequences, while the images of January 6th are played on an endless loop to etch the images in your little minds. 

Rotflol...there were over $2 Billion in damages, which is about 1000 times more than happened on January 6th.  There were dozens of deaths surrounding these things.  Cities were literally in flames in the background as they calmly described the protests as mostly peaceful.  You can delink the riots because it is convenient, but these were the same people who were protesting during the day.  Of course they are related.  We live in a country where we are suppose to have equal protection under the law.  The left wants to create two systems, one for liberals, and one for conservatives.  You are not getting away with your one-sided distortions and lies.   The only difference is the media hides the evidence for the BLM riots and downplays the consequences, while the images of January 6th are played on an endless loop to etch the images in your little minds. 
The relentless nature of your wrongness is impressive. You spread a hateful message based on lies and utterly ridiculous false equivalencies.

Exhibit "B", everyone, of the price of believing everything the mainstream media spoon feeds you without out question....EVER.

Break free from the shackles of enslavement, Tim.  You'll find it enlightening, honest and truthful.  Like they say, THE TRUTH shall set you free.  Don't die on the MSM cross.

I can only lead you to the water, I can't make you drink it.

The official number the Justice Department gave in court for the property damage done on January 6th was $1.2 million.  The is a whopping 0.06% of the damage BLM did.   But let us ignore 99.94% of the problem because they are politically correct when they murder and burn down cities.   Let us pretend that did not happen and endlessly show images of January 6th to brainwash the public to think otherwise.  

From the people who claim to have seen thousands of images from 1/6/21 and no confederate flags.
Lol....I responded to someone claiming all these conferate flags were at the protests and they posted a picture.  I looked at that image and saw about a hundred America flags, a couple Texas flags, a bunch of Trump flags, and could not make out a single conference flag although one or two could have been.  I stated I did a quick Google search and was not seeing all these confederate flags but conceded there probably were a few.  The way you guys characterize stuff is very telling.  

To be fair, I'm willing to bet that the media here focused on the events that happened after noon on that day.  That's when the dog and pony show began encouraging everyone to go to the Capitol.  Prior to that things were fine (according to friends of mine that were actually there).  Once that migration began, they left.  It was obvious to them what was going to happen and they wanted no part of it.  That needs to be included as part of the day's events, but it's also a pretty clear delineation of when things started to go wrong.  It's tough to ignore the specific acts that began to turn things sideways.  There are those who will cling to all the things that were fine until noon while ignoring all the things that happened after noon.

They are also the ones who don't make a distinction between the 10s of millions of people around the world who peacefully protested for an entire summer and the rioters and looters who took advantage of a situation to riot and loot.  In both cases, there are bad actors who associate themselves to each of the causes, but it's my belief the majority of bad actors, in both situations, weren't ever really interested in the peaceful part and were there for the trouble.  

Oh.....and if you insist on doing this stupid "but they caused more damage" crap, at least be thorough and include numbers from all the summer protests around the world.  The Floyd movement was HUGE and caught the attention of the world and lasted for months.  Yet another reason why I really don't understand the comparison but for "sides!!!!!!"  Maybe even break it down to a % per person???  :lmao:  

The official number the Justice Department gave in court for the property damage done on January 6th was $1.2 million.  The is a whopping 0.06% of the damage BLM did.   But let us ignore 99.94% of the problem because they are politically correct when they murder and burn down cities.   Let us pretend that did not happen and endlessly show images of January 6th to brainwash the public to think otherwise.  
Of course, that gets buried as it doesn’t fit their agenda. Rinse, repeat. 

To be fair, I'm willing to bet that the media here focused on the events that happened after noon on that day.  That's when the dog and pony show began encouraging everyone to go to the Capitol.  Prior to that things were fine (according to friends of mine that were actually there).  Once that migration began, they left.  It was obvious to them what was going to happen and they wanted no part of it.  That needs to be included as part of the day's events, but it's also a pretty clear delineation of when things started to go wrong.  It's tough to ignore the specific acts that began to turn things sideways.  There are those who will cling to all the things that were fine until noon while ignoring all the things that happened after noon.

They are also the ones who don't make a distinction between the 10s of millions of people around the world who peacefully protested for an entire summer and the rioters and looters who took advantage of a situation to riot and loot.  In both cases, there are bad actors who associate themselves to each of the causes, but it's my belief the majority of bad actors, in both situations, weren't ever really interested in the peaceful part and were there for the trouble.  
Even the rioters and looters weren’t planning a month in advance and training for it. Read the court docs I posted a couple pages ago, they were preparing with the intent to breach the Capitol well in advance of the 6th.

The damage from Hurricane Katrina totaled over 160 billion dollars. Let’s pretend that didn’t happen and continue to talk about other things. 

Even the rioters and looters weren’t planning a month in advance and training for it. Read the court docs I posted a couple pages ago, they were preparing with the intent to breach the Capitol well in advance of the 6th.
Oh wait....this wasn't a spontaneous outbreak based on passion to save the country?  It wasn't just a handful of people caught up in the moment?  Bamboozled again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread