What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

January 6th - what will happen? (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
MSNBC Reports:

From Speaker Pelosi's office:

More than one month after publicly promising to meet with Metropolitan Police Officer Michael Fanone to discuss the horrors he experienced on January 6th, Minority Leader McCarthy's office has not even reached out to Officer Fanone.

The House of Representatives voted to give Capitol officers who defended against the insurrection a Congressional Gold Medal.

It passed with an overwhelming majority. Only twenty-one voted no, and they were all Republicans, and mostly the usual suspects.

Marjorie 

Gaetz 

Biggs

Gohmert

The House of Representatives voted to give Capitol officers who defended against the insurrection a Congressional Gold Medal.

It passed with an overwhelming majority. Only twenty-one voted no, and they were all Republicans, and mostly the usual suspects.

Marjorie 

Gaetz 

Biggs

Gohmert
Defund the Police!  Except when they are protecting us from Trump supporters. 😆

Congress voted today to give the Capitol Police who defended the Capitol on January 6 gold medals- but 21 Republicans voted against: 

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/15/politics/congressional-gold-medal-house-vote/index.html

Several of those who voted against objected to the word “insurrection” in the resolution. 
I would vote against it because it belittles the honor of people who actually risked their lives to save their country.  So far the prosecution of the so-called insurrection is convicting people of misdemeanor violations and not a violent armed insurrection.  Basically giving out traffic tickets.  So we a giving a gold medal to a guy who shot an unarmed women who was threatening no one.   The medal typically goes to people like flying aces in WWII or George Washington.  This lowers the bar to make the Democrats feel good about their overblown hysteria surrounding Jan. 6th

Last edited by a moderator:
Emails have been released showing the Trump White House pressured the DOJ to investigate voter fraud. This would be unbelievable with any other administration.

Trump White House Pressed Justice Department on Election Claims in Emails

WASHINGTON—The House Oversight Committee released email exchanges on Tuesday that shed new light on the Trump White House’s unsuccessful efforts to get the Justice Department to investigate baseless claims of voter fraud in the weeks before President Biden’s inauguration.

Among the communications was one from former President Donald Trump’s chief of staff, Mark Meadows, who on Jan. 1 forwarded to the Justice Department a YouTube link referencing unsubstantiated allegations that people in Italy had manipulated the U.S. election results. A then-senior Justice Department official, Richard Donoghue, had two words for it: “Pure Insanity.”

Then-acting Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen responded to Mr. Donoghue, his deputy: “Yes,” adding that he had turned down a request for the Federal Bureau of Investigation to meet with someone working with Mr. Trump’s lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, who purported to have evidence of the claims.

“Asked if I would reconsider, I flatly refused, said I would not be giving any special treatment to Giuliani or any of his ‘witnesses’, and reaffirmed yet again that I will not talk to Giuliani about any of this,” wrote Mr. Rosen. who had taken over the department six days earlier after Attorney General William Barr resigned under pressure from Mr. Trump.

Other emails confirm that Mr. Trump wanted the Justice Department to ask the Supreme Court to invalidate President Biden’s victory and shed new light on the abrupt resignation of the Atlanta U.S. attorney in early January.

The Wall Street Journal earlier reported that Mr. Trump had pushed Justice Department officials to file what they viewed as a legally baseless lawsuit in the Supreme Court, and that White House officials had forced the U.S. attorney in Atlanta to resign because Mr. Trump was upset he wasn’t doing enough to investigate the president’s unproven claims of election fraud.

“These documents show that President Trump tried to corrupt our nation’s chief law enforcement agency in a brazen attempt to overturn an election that he lost,” said Carolyn Maloney (D., N.Y.), who chairs the committee that released the materials.

I would vote against it because it belittles the honor of people who actually risked their lives to save their country.  So far the prosecution of the so-called insurrection is convicting people of misdemeanor violations and not a violent armed insurrection.  Basically giving out traffic tickets.  So we a giving a gold medal to a guy who shot an unarmed women who was threatening no one.   The medal typically goes to people like flying aces in WWII or George Washington.  This lowers the bar to make the Democrats feel good about their overblown hysteria surrounding Jan. 6th
Wow. Your view of this is skewed, wrong and completely perverse. In my humble opinion. 

Wow. Your view of this is skewed, wrong and completely perverse. In my humble opinion. 
Yeah, one dude with a flagpole is the same as facing the Nazis while storming the beach of Normandy.  Fortunately the Capitol Police saved us from an unarmed women by gunning her down.  Prevented yet another misdemeanor offense.  Give him a medal!  

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, one dude with a flagpole is the same as storming the beach of Normandy.  Fortunately the Capitol Police saved us from an unarmed women by gunning her down.  Prevented yet another misdemeanor offense.  Give him a medal!  
I am not comparing this to Normandy. But I don’t see how anyone can watch the various videos of this event and not believe that, without the intervention of the police, people would have been killed. But then, I’ve read your various posts on this subject and your views on it are honestly incomprehensible to me. 

I am not comparing this to Normandy. But I don’t see how anyone can watch the various videos of this event and not believe that, without the intervention of the police, people would have been killed. But then, I’ve read your various posts on this subject and your views on it are honestly incomprehensible to me. 
Easy.  Can you see black people trespassing and storming through neighborhoods and believe the only way to prevent people from being killed is by shooting them?    You just have this bias in your head that angry white protestors are dangerous but angry black protestors are not.  It is your biased belief.  

Easy.  Can you see black people trespassing and storming through neighborhoods and believe the only way to prevent people from being killed is by shooting them?    You just have this bias in your head that angry white protestors are dangerous but angry black protestors are not.  It is your biased belief.  
What were the circumstances of this shooting?

If angry black protesters are breaking into the Capitol building yelling to hang some politician, they need to be shot if they don’t stop. 

Just a sampling, You can see the notes on some of these arrests in the table on this page https://www.insider.com/all-the-us-capitol-pro-trump-riot-arrests-charges-names-2021-1

Footage shows Creek kicking an officer. During an interview, he told investigators that he was armed with "mace and a boot knife" while at the Capitol.

Video shows Herrington throwing pieces of lumber and metal poles at police officers at the Capitol. Police detained him the night of January 6 after officers noticed he had a knife sticking out of his back pocket.

Prosecutors allege that Palmer threw a wooden plank at police officers and sprayed them with a fire extinguisher before throwing the metal tube at them.

Prosecutors allege that Munafo attacked a Capitol police officer and stole their riot shield during the January 6 attack.

Prosecutors shared photos from January 6 showing Quaglin pushing and assaulting several Capitol Police officers before later using pepper spray against police. "I have been planning for this since f---ing Bush left office and obama came in," he wrote on Facebook in December 2020.

Prosecutors allege Owens attacked a police officer with a skateboard, leading to a concussion for the officer.

Was waiting for this red herring to show up. 

Just a sampling, You can see the notes on some of these arrests in the table on this page https://www.insider.com/all-the-us-capitol-pro-trump-riot-arrests-charges-names-2021-1

Footage shows Creek kicking an officer. During an interview, he told investigators that he was armed with "mace and a boot knife" while at the Capitol.

Video shows Herrington throwing pieces of lumber and metal poles at police officers at the Capitol. Police detained him the night of January 6 after officers noticed he had a knife sticking out of his back pocket.

Prosecutors allege that Palmer threw a wooden plank at police officers and sprayed them with a fire extinguisher before throwing the metal tube at them.

Prosecutors allege that Munafo attacked a Capitol police officer and stole their riot shield during the January 6 attack.

Prosecutors shared photos from January 6 showing Quaglin pushing and assaulting several Capitol Police officers before later using pepper spray against police. "I have been planning for this since f---ing Bush left office and obama came in," he wrote on Facebook in December 2020.

Prosecutors allege Owens attacked a police officer with a skateboard, leading to a concussion for the officer.
Chicago police officer would jump for joy if that is all he had to deal with in a weekend.

How many of the people in Chicago are trying to stop a Constitutional process and prevent the peaceful transfer of power? What's the historical comparison for that?
Nobody was trying to prevent the transfer of power.  But my gawd, they said stop the steal....run for the hills, the sky is falling.  

Nobody was trying to prevent the transfer of power.  But my gawd, they said stop the steal....run for the hills, the sky is falling.  
Yes, they were. What do you think 'Stop the Steal' meant? They were trying to stop Pence from his Constitutional duty.

Only time in our history.

Yes, they were. What do you think 'Stop the Steal' meant? They were trying to stop Pence from his Constitutional duty.

Only time in our history.
It is a slogan.  You guys are so two-faced.  On one hand the claim is well defund the police does not really mean that.  But when people say stop the steal, we must take the most obnoxiously extreme interpretation and claim they intended to overthrow the government and kill people.  You are so full of it.  You view conservatives as animals.  

Then why were they trying to break into the building where such process was going on? Just to yell at them? 

Then why were they trying to break into the building where such process was going on? Just to yell at them? 
Trump told them to fight like hell. I don’t think he would have said we love you and we understand if they had just yelled at them.

Trump told them to fight like hell. I don’t think he would have said we love you and we understand if they had just yelled at them.
Every sports coach ever tells his team to fight like hell,   So absolutely 100 percent, in that context nobody ever means it literally.  I seriously you guys see your political opponents as sub human.  I can't believe anyone involved in a political fight would in any other time take such statements literally.  

In my experience, traffic ticket cases usually resolved quickly--neither side desired to waste the time or resources to fight them to the end. Murder cases and/or major felonies usually took much longer to resolve--both sides had a reason to not just take the first plea offer.  Results "so far" are meaningless.

It is a slogan.  You guys are so two-faced.  On one hand the claim is well defund the police does not really mean that.  But when people say stop the steal, we must take the most obnoxiously extreme interpretation and claim they intended to overthrow the government and kill people.  You are so full of it.  You view conservatives as animals.  
The Jan 6 radical thugs who raided the capitol building are not remotely conservative.  These "stop the steal" criminals are the opposite of politically conservative.

Sorry, its what they intended to do. They overtook the Senate chamber. Never before in our history has something this brazen happened to stop a free and fair election.

And don't tell me how I view people. @FBG Moderator

I think we’ve gotten to the root of the problem here. The above statement is only in your mind. It’s not true of anyone here. We are legitimately concerned with what happened on January 6. 
No it is not.  The media constantly beats this drum that the biggest danger to the US is whites.  Every event that a white person is the culprit, race is highlighted and this blanket white supremist is assumed and applied.  If the culprit is a minority or leftist, the race or politics are ignored and it is taken as just a random event.  I know you don't see it.  For heavens sake, you can not even see bias in your media sources.  But there is a calculated effort to portray the white race as inferior evil people, especially if they have conservative leanings.  That is the root of the problem.

No it is not.  The media constantly beats this drum that the biggest danger to the US is whites.  Every event that a white person is the culprit, race is highlighted and this blanket white supremist is assumed and applied.  If the culprit is a minority or leftist, the race or politics are ignored and it is taken as just a random event.  I know you don't see it.  For heavens sake, you can not even see bias in your media sources.  But there is a calculated effort to portray the white race as inferior evil people, especially if they have conservative leanings.  That is the root of the problem.
This post, which I’m quite sure represents your genuine feelings, makes me sad and depressed. So many people feel this way. 

I have been white for as long as I can remember.  Never felt like I was being portrayed as inferior or evil so this is a new one to me.  

I have been white for as long as I can remember.  Never felt like I was being portrayed as inferior or evil so this is a new one to me.  
Good.  But there is a reason half the population hates the media, because of their effort demonize whites and conservatives.  I find the divisive politics of the left pitting everyone against white conservatives as the most disgusting effort of modern day politics. 

Good.  But there is a reason half the population hates the media, because of their effort demonize whites and conservatives.  I find the divisive politics of the left pitting everyone against white conservatives as the most disgusting effort of modern day politics. 
As I said I am white, exposed to the media, and don't feel that way.  I suppose it is all about perception.

As I said I am white, exposed to the media, and don't feel that way.  I suppose it is all about perception.
Same. 

Don't really feel it is the color, but more the liberal/conservative viewpoint that the media pushes a lot of the times.  Just because they might overlap at times (immigration, affirmative action, etc.) doesn't mean it is anti-white, more of an anti-conservative slant.

Whites are the only people that you can call them names purely by skin color.  It is nothing to hear someone on TV calling a white person an white oppressor.  Terms like white supremist are thrown around like candy.  It is belittling and demeaning and hateful. But yet somehow perfectly OK. 

Emails have been released showing the Trump White House pressured the DOJ to investigate voter fraud. This would be unbelievable with any other administration.

Trump White House Pressed Justice Department on Election Claims in Emails

WASHINGTON—The House Oversight Committee released email exchanges on Tuesday that shed new light on the Trump White House’s unsuccessful efforts to get the Justice Department to investigate baseless claims of voter fraud in the weeks before President Biden’s inauguration.

Among the communications was one from former President Donald Trump’s chief of staff, Mark Meadows, who on Jan. 1 forwarded to the Justice Department a YouTube link referencing unsubstantiated allegations that people in Italy had manipulated the U.S. election results. A then-senior Justice Department official, Richard Donoghue, had two words for it: “Pure Insanity.”

Then-acting Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen responded to Mr. Donoghue, his deputy: “Yes,” adding that he had turned down a request for the Federal Bureau of Investigation to meet with someone working with Mr. Trump’s lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, who purported to have evidence of the claims.

“Asked if I would reconsider, I flatly refused, said I would not be giving any special treatment to Giuliani or any of his ‘witnesses’, and reaffirmed yet again that I will not talk to Giuliani about any of this,” wrote Mr. Rosen. who had taken over the department six days earlier after Attorney General William Barr resigned under pressure from Mr. Trump.

Other emails confirm that Mr. Trump wanted the Justice Department to ask the Supreme Court to invalidate President Biden’s victory and shed new light on the abrupt resignation of the Atlanta U.S. attorney in early January.

The Wall Street Journal earlier reported that Mr. Trump had pushed Justice Department officials to file what they viewed as a legally baseless lawsuit in the Supreme Court, and that White House officials had forced the U.S. attorney in Atlanta to resign because Mr. Trump was upset he wasn’t doing enough to investigate the president’s unproven claims of election fraud.

“These documents show that President Trump tried to corrupt our nation’s chief law enforcement agency in a brazen attempt to overturn an election that he lost,” said Carolyn Maloney (D., N.Y.), who chairs the committee that released the materials.

Its amazing that nobody cares about this story. Just another day in the Trump GOP, I suppose.

Whites are the only people that you can call them names purely by skin color.  It is nothing to hear someone on TV calling a white person an white oppressor.  Terms like white supremist are thrown around like candy.  It is belittling and demeaning and hateful. But yet somehow perfectly OK. 
I guess I don't watch as much TV or the same programs as you do.  Who on TV is calling white people oppressors and who specifically are they referring to?    

Its amazing that nobody cares about this story. Just another day in the Trump GOP, I suppose.
Apparently modern-day conservatives don't care that the President was trying to politicize the DOJ and force the overturn of a free and fair election. The Executive Branch contacting the DOJ for political gain used to be huge, red line.

But as you say, just another day in the Trump administration. Toss it on the pile.

A person of color is a fairly common term and refers to someone who is not white - so they are being referred to purely by skin color.

And I have seen someone referred to as a black supremacist (although there are not many of them, but if the movement got bigger it might be thrown around like candy too).

I think we’ve gotten to the root of the problem here. The above statement is only in your mind. It’s not true of anyone here. We are legitimately concerned with what happened on January 6. 
No it's not....it's also pushed through the media he and others consume....that you consume.  That's one of the larger problems with our MSM that I've preached about for years.  That said, these realities have been pointed out time and time again and many of you, including jon insist on using it as a meaningful barometer in your world views so you're going to have to deal with it or ignore it.  Media obsession cuts both ways. 

No it's not....it's also pushed through the media he and others consume....that you consume.  That's one of the larger problems with our MSM that I've preached about for years.  That said, these realities have been pointed out time and time again and many of you, including jon insist on using it as a meaningful barometer in your world views so you're going to have to deal with it or ignore it.  Media obsession cuts both ways. 
I think that your definition of the MSM may be way more inclusive than mine. I agree that many of Jon’s ideas were originated on right wing talk shows on radio and television: Limbaugh, Hannity, Levin, etc. Rush Limbaugh in particular created a media empire based on white victimhood- but I don’t regard any of this as MSM. 

Why are you defending a statement about conservatives with a screed about white people?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread