What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

January 6th - what will happen? (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's okay guys, I would probably admit defeat if I were you too.  You can't call Jan 6th a violent insurrection and dismiss summer riots and be taken seriously.
Has anyone here dismissed violence in the summer protests?

You basically diminished actual injuries by law enforcement in defending our Capitol.

In 5 years you’ll be able to find 10 million people who claim that Jan 6th never happened.  The video is fake.

A few minor injuries caused by unarmed people is not a violent insurrection.  Full stop.
Hard to claim you are for the police with a take like this.  Watch the videos…listen to what the police have said about that day.  Claiming it wasn’t violent or equivalent to a few broken nails is a slap in the face to those men and women.

They are opposite sides of sane coin.   Summer protests where far worse.    Not close.    And damaged fabric of society.   Damage from jan 6th?   Leftist boogie person.
What happened in the summer does not change what happened on January 6th.  It doesn’t make it any less bad.  Thats the point.  It keeps being brought up here to deflect.  Full stop

Hard to claim you are for the police with a take like this.  Watch the videos…listen to what the police have said about that day.  Claiming it wasn’t violent or equivalent to a few broken nails is a slap in the face to those men and women.
Hard to claim you care about police brutality when an unarmed woman gets shot in the face.

What happened in the summer does not change what happened on January 6th.  It doesn’t make it any less bad.  Thats the point.  It keeps being brought up here to deflect.  Full stop
Or vice versa.   Coin analogy.   Full stop?   When someone says "but"  it says nothing i said before matters.    When someone says "deflect" it means dont hold me to the standard im holding you to.  

Definition.  Obtuse 

not pointed or acute : BLUNT

b(1)of an angle : exceeding 90 degrees but less than 180 degrees

Or vice versa.   Coin analogy.   Full stop?   When someone says "but"  it says nothing i said before matters.    When someone says "deflect" it means dont hold me to the standard im holding you to.  

Definition.  Obtuse 

not pointed or acute : BLUNT

b(1)of an angle : exceeding 90 degrees but less than 180 degrees
Was this post supposed to mean something?  It made zero sense.

No, but it does make people look foolish who hyperventilate over January 6th after pooh-poohing riots which caused 1000 times more damage and was actually responsible for killing people. 

No, but it does make people look foolish who hyperventilate over January 6th after pooh-poohing riots which caused 1000 times more damage and was actually responsible for killing people. 
To be fair, you are comparing one riot, occurring on one day and on one city with nationwide riots that lasted all summer.

Further, the damage from Jan 6 cannot be measured in dollars.  The damage was to our international reputation and our democratic traditions.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair, you are comparing one riot, occurring on one day and on one city with nationwide rings that lasted all summer.

Further, the damage from Jan 6 csnnot be measured in dollars.  The damage was to our international reputation and our democratic traditions.
That and $3,95 will get you a Starbucks coffee.  

It's interesting what people convince themselves of while defending a side.

Schumer's audience was a bunch of passionate abortion-rights protesters, so IMHO it does raise up to condoning actual physical violence to those two judges. 
The above is from comments about a year ago when Schumer was "threatening" our SC Justices.  But on Jan 6, "fight like hell" is reduced to "what coaches tell their kids" or some nonsense.  

FWIW, I tend to agree with the above Schumer take.  The difference for me, of course, is I apply it to Jan 6 as well.  

If apparently getting ready to break into a building is justification for shooting an unarmed person, we could have gunned down a few million people last year. 
I guess it comes down to the cops in the Capitol were defending the Vice President and Congress from possible harm.  I'm not sure who was in that drugstore at 1:00AM during the summer riots.

I guess it comes down to the cops in the Capitol were defending the Vice President and Congress from possible harm.  I'm not sure who was in that drugstore at 1:00AM during the summer riots.
The chance that that girl was going to harm the VP was zero.  

New indictment filed involving a charge of transporting a gun in violation of federal law.  There are now three 1/6 indictments involving weapons charges.

https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/status/1405572166318542852/photo/1
He transported weapons, but did not bring them inside.  The only reason he is being charged is because he bragged about taking guns to DC.  There were some blowhard idiots, but the whole narrative of an armed deadly insurrection with intent to kill people is a bunch of malarkey pushed by a bigoted media.  

He transported weapons, but did not bring them inside.  The only reason he is being charged is because he bragged about taking guns to DC.  There were some blowhard idiots, but the whole narrative of an armed deadly insurrection with intent to kill people is a bunch of malarkey pushed by a bigoted media.  
You’re adorable. 

Attempt to break into a building?  She was already in the building.  She was shot inside the building.  Attempting to violently break into the chamber.

Why does she not get the “she would still be alive if she had complied” line?

It's hard to keep track of all the changes in narrative.  NOW, there was sufficient law enforcement on site to comfortably say the VP was in zero danger?  Was it JUST the VP that was in zero danger?  I know the Secret Service didn't think this way based on their comments.  I'm curious what they didn't know that they should have in order to feel the VP was in zero danger.  :oldunsure:  

The chance that that girl was going to harm the VP was zero.  
What about the mob that that girl was trying to lead through the door?  Did the police covering that door even know that the VP and other leaders had been evacuated?

You answered with an absolute, and I honestly don't know what would have happened if the mob had gotten a hold of Pence, AOC, Shumer, Pelosi, etc.

Attempt to break into a building?  She was already in the building.  She was shot inside the building.  Attempting to violently break into the chamber.

Why does she not get the “she would still be alive if she had complied” line?
Of course.  But I am not the one who riots on one hand when police do it to blacks, but give medal of honors when police do it to white women.  The people making all the noise are the left and they are extremely hypocritical about it.  Pointing out your blatant hypocrisy is not hypocrisy. 

What about the mob that that girl was trying to lead through the door?  Did the police covering that door even know that the VP and other leaders had been evacuated?

You answered with an absolute, and I honestly don't know what would have happened if the mob had gotten a hold of Pence, AOC, Shumer, Pelosi, etc.
Nobody was going to kill anyone.  If someone else had a serious plan to kill the VP they would have taken guns inside the Capitol Building.  

I don't recall ever caring about what the liberal foreign media thought.  Reagan certainly did not care.  
I don't care either, but we can't legitimately call ourselves a "Beacon of Democracy" when we storm the Capital to disrupt an election certification on the basis of extra-legal accusations.  This is Banana Republic stuff.  it's embarrassing.  It's even more embarrassing that we refuse to own up to it.

I don't care either, but we can't legitimately call ourselves a "Beacon of Democracy" when we storm the Capital to disrupt an election certification on the basis of extra-legal accusations.  This is Banana Republic stuff.  it's embarrassing.  It's even more embarrassing that we refuse to own up to it.
The reason the Capitol was stormed was because of a complete lack of security for an event that large.  The complete lack of fairness and consistency is counter to our equal protection clause which the left has completely abandoned.  

Of course.  But I am not the one who riots on one hand when police do it to blacks, but give medal of honors when police do it to white women.  The people making all the noise are the left and they are extremely hypocritical about it.  Pointing out your blatant hypocrisy is not hypocrisy. 
context, GB.  Context is everything.  Getting shot by a policeman is completely different than getting shot trying to force your way across a secured barrier in the US capital.  I can't believe this has to be stated.

Nobody was going to kill anyone.  If someone else had a serious plan to kill the VP they would have taken guns inside the Capitol Building.  
Seriously?  You are 100% confident that if those guys that were beating on the cops outside had Pence, Pelosi, AOC, etc., they would have just given them a good scare?  

Not sure how you can act all-knowing on the mindset of the insurrectionists. 

The reason the Capitol was stormed was because of a complete lack of security for an event that large.  The complete lack of fairness and consistency is counter to our equal protection clause which the left has completely abandoned.  
The Capitol was stormed in an attempt to stop the election process. Trump called out Pence and said he needed to "do the right thing" which was to prevent the certification of the EC ballots. The mob was looking to disrupt it. They overtook the chambers in an unprecedented act of anti-democracy in this country. As was stated above, this is the stuff of banana republics, not the US. Or at least it wasn't prior to January 6, 2021.

There was a lack of security and hesitancy for help from the NG. That is something we need answers to. 

This need to equate January 6 with the summer civil rights riots is ridiculous. A blatant attempt to conflate two completely unrelated events. Rather than try to compare damage, as some keep trying to steer the narrative, let's keep in mind the intent. Whatever your feelings on the summer riots, you can not downplay the intent to overturn a free and fair election. That has zero to do with riots over policing. I do not support the riots and its sad they happened. But I understand the cause. There is nothing that can justify the anti-democratic actions of January 6th. Democracy was under attack.

The Capitol was stormed in an attempt to stop the election process. Trump called out Pence and said he needed to "do the right thing" which was to prevent the certification of the EC ballots. The mob was looking to disrupt it. They overtook the chambers in an unprecedented act of anti-democracy in this country. As was stated above, this is the stuff of banana republics, not the US. Or at least it wasn't prior to January 6, 2021.

There was a lack of security and hesitancy for help from the NG. That is something we need answers to. 
They did not stop anything nor was there a real plan to stop anything.  They were no guns.  99.9 percent of the people there were there to protest.  That is it.  Why the Capitol Police and others were not prepared in anyway for such a known well advertised protest is shocking.  

What does the lack of security have to do with people storming the Capitol?  Are you saying that if there was a National Guard presence there, than none of this would have happened?

And I thought that the Republicans were the party of personal responsibility?  

This need to equate January 6 with the summer civil rights riots is ridiculous. A blatant attempt to conflate two completely unrelated events. Rather than try to compare damage, as some keep trying to steer the narrative, let's keep in mind the intent. Whatever your feelings on the summer riots, you can not downplay the intent to overturn a free and fair election. That has zero to do with riots over policing. I do not support the riots and its sad they happened. But I understand the cause. There is nothing that can justify the anti-democratic actions of January 6th. Democracy was under attack.
What a bunch of malarkey.  There is a coordinated effort by the left to criminalize free speech by conservatives.  This whole move to  low this event way out of proportion is just an orchestrated effort to proclaim white nationalists (and by association conservatives) as the biggest threat to our existence.  The real assault to what this country stands for is by the left and their tech monopoly minions.

They did not stop anything nor was there a real plan to stop anything.  They were no guns.  99.9 percent of the people there were there to protest.  That is it.  Why the Capitol Police and others were not prepared in anyway for such a known well advertised protest is shocking.  
Don't dismiss their attempt just because it failed. And they did disrupt the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread