Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

January 6th - what will happen?

Maik Jeaunz

54 minutes ago, Thunderlips said:

Disagree. 1/6/21 was an affront against the democratic process of this country.

So was BLM/Antfia.  :shrug:

And they are still doing it as of today.  Jan 6th was ONE DAY.  One day.

30 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

No.  There was no push by BLM/Antifa to subdue the legal and lawful transition of government power in their protest/riots. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Thunderlips said:

No.  There was no push by BLM/Antifa to subdue the legal and lawful transition of government power in their protest/riots. 

Negative.

BLM/Antifa tried to burn down government (state and federal) buildings and are still doing it to this day.  That, to me, is a direct attack on our government.  If it was an isolated incident it MIGHT be different, but they were trying to do it day in and day out and are still attacking them (as well as the police) to this day.

Portland's entire Riot police just quit because they had no backing from the mayor.

Edited by BladeRunner
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, BladeRunner said:

See this is where it becomes confusing.  If you have strong conservative principles but don't like the direction of your Party you don't run to the Democrats and start defending every liberal policy out there and certainly don't start bagging on conservatives all day long.  You can still remain true to your principles AND not like the direction of your party at the moment.

I think, at the end of the day, you guys may not have been as conservative as you thought.  

Also, in reference to the bolded above you need to understand a couple things:

1. When we call it a "peaceful protest" its not because we really believe it was peaceful.  At least not for me.  It's because for the last 2 years you were calling the BLM/Antifa insurrections as "peaceful protests" where people were being murdered and assaulted, neighborhoods being burned to the ground, businesses looted and ENTIRE CITY BLOCKS TAKE OVER.  YOUR side called those "Peaceful Protests" numerous times.  So all we are doing is holding you to YOUR standards.  If you're going to call Jan 6th non-peaceful, you certainly need to step up and call BLM/Antifa non-peaceful.  Us using "Peaceful Protest" to describe Jan 6th is just to point the absurdity of using it for BLM/Antifa.
  2. Jan 6th was ONE DAY.  BLM/Antifa destruction, looting and violence have been going on for about 2 years now.  2 years vs one day but all you're focused on is one day.

I didn't run to the Democrats...I became an Independent and there won't be a party that I will fully agree with. I think the GOP needs to see rich folks pay more taxes but the Democrats need to be more conservative in their spending and so do Republicans who spend too much on Defense. I am pro life so what party should I belong to? I believe in climate change but think we have to ease into going away from fossil fuels until we can produce electricity more efficiently. For now I know being anti Trump is easy.

Edited by lazyike
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BladeRunner said:

The BLM riots were an attack on law enforcement (not our democratic process) expressing anger and in the long haul they never were going to overthrow anything.1/6 was an attempt to overturn an election and they are still trying today....they won't overturn it short of anything but a military coup.

Edited by lazyike

now we’ve moved onto ….”Jan 6th?…there are children starving in Africa.  How selfish are you?”

Well done.

34 minutes ago, lazyike said:

The BLM riots were an attack on law enforcement (not our democratic process) expressing anger and in the long haul they never were going to overthrow anything.1/6 was an attempt to overturn an election and they are still trying today....they won't overturn it short of anything but a military coup.

An attack on our government is still an attack. Quit trying to justify the violence.

Timothy mcveigh blew up one building and was considered a domestic terrorist.  Blm/antifa has been trying to take down multiple government buildings.

• Laughing 1

5 hours ago, 2Squirrels1Nut said:

I've never seen that before and honestly, it makes me sad. 

The Apostles thought that the end of the world would happen in their lifetime.  I doubt most people know that. The celestial can has been kicked down the road every generation since. 

To me, it's quite clear what Jesus Christ was attempting to to teach.  We should all love one another. Treat everyone we meet as if they are Jesus Himself. 

The clip is the opening scene of the last (3rd) season of The Leftovers.  It is a re-enactment (with I'm sure quite a bit of literary license) of the Great Disappointment.  I hope what we see in that clip is what happens with Trump supporters over time.  I hope.  

As for the religious parts I'm with you here.  Sin is when you focus on yourself by looking inward.  Looking away from God's children our neighbors, and by extension looking away from God.   Perfectly represented by the actions of the previous president.  And in a lot of ways what climbing on the roof in the clip represents.  What Jan 6th meant.

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1

3 hours ago, BladeRunner said:

Negative.

BLM/Antifa tried to burn down government (state and federal) buildings and are still doing it to this day.  That, to me, is a direct attack on our government.  If it was an isolated incident it MIGHT be different, but they were trying to do it day in and day out and are still attacking them (as well as the police) to this day.

Portland's entire Riot police just quit because they had no backing from the mayor.

Why is BLM/Antifa riots relevant to Jan 6?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BladeRunner said:

From the hypocrisy and double standard standpoint.

How hard is it to just say they are both bad?  Why play these games?  Why the need to  defend the Jan 6 insurrection so hard?

I mean, all it really does is makes you as much of a hypocrite as everyone else.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, moleculo said:

How hard is it to just say they are both bad?  Why play these games?  Why the need to  defend the Jan 6 insurrection so hard?

I mean, all it really does is makes you as much of a hypocrite as everyone else.

I have said that.  Im wondering why your side hasn't.  They should be going after antifa/blm just as hard.

Just now, BladeRunner said:

I have said that.  Im wondering why your side hasn't.  They should be going after antifa/blm just as hard.

I have. Many times.  I don't think there's anyone who hasn't condemned the violence.  So why keep beating the hypocrisy drum?

41 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

An attack on our government is still an attack. Quit trying to justify the violence.

Timothy mcveigh blew up one building and was considered a domestic terrorist.  Blm/antifa has been trying to take down multiple government buildings.

So are you rating everything the same?  I really don't understand your endgame.  Do all future insurrections get a pass because of Timothy McVeigh, BLM, the 2012 Vancouver Canucks Game 7 riot, etc.

Or is this just an attempt to deflect the January 6th insurrection?  Are you even willing to call it an insurrection?

Edited by Chaz McNulty

2 minutes ago, Chaz McNulty said:

So are you rating everything the same?  I really don't understand your endgame.  Do all future insurrections get a pass because of Timothy McVeigh, BLM, the 2012 Vancouver Canucks Game 7 riot, etc.

Or is this just an attempt to deflect the January 6th insurrection?  Are you even willing to call it an insurrection?

How many of you are going to misrepresent my position to score some likes?

19 minutes ago, moleculo said:

I have. Many times.  I don't think there's anyone who hasn't condemned the violence.  So why keep beating the hypocrisy drum?

Pretty much everyone has denounced the violence of the summer and violent protest in general.

24 minutes ago, moleculo said:

Thank you for your clarification. Now if we can just get the rest of your team to admit it.

I would also like to see them start a thread going after them as hard as they are the January 6th protesters.

All I'm asking is that people be consistent in their positions.

Edited by BladeRunner

Thank you for your clarification. Now if we can just get the rest of your team to admit it.

I would also like to see them start a thread going after them as hard as they are the January 6th protesters.

The main stream media is the worst hypocrite.  Their silence on the summer riots and constant headlines on Jan 6th is disgusting.

• Love 1
  • Sad 1

Thank you for your clarification. Now if we can just get the rest of your team to admitted.

What else would like to see them started thread going after them as hard as their January 6th protesters.

Why would they.  95% of the rest of the world and 65% of the US see's the insurrections as something way more troubling (by a lot) then the summer riots.  They see it as an attack on democracy and an attempt to overthrow (or stall) the election process.  I guess you see them as the same.

8 minutes ago, Chaz McNulty said:

Why would they.  95% of the rest of the world and 65% of the US see's the insurrections as something way more troubling (by a lot) then the summer riots.  They see it as an attack on democracy and an attempt to overthrow (or stall) the election process.  I guess you see them as the same.

It appears you're making stuff up at this point.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

Be the change you seek.  You are free to start your own thread where you post articles about people who were arrested for rioting. 

That seems much more productive then tossing out the constant "But BLM!" non-sequitur on the Jan 6 thread.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BladeRunner said:

I literally posted it above in response to your question asking me why can't call January 6th in insurrection.

So your point is we can't call Jan 6 an resurrection because there were also riots last summer?

1 hour ago, Gilroy34 said:

The main stream media is the worst hypocrite.  Their silence on the summer riots and constant headlines on Jan 6th is disgusting.

I recall the riots being on TV.  The MSM certainly was not silent.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BladeRunner said:

Can you name any poster in this supposedly super lefty board that didn't condone the summer violence and looting? 

• Thanks 1

That's where I see the hypocrisy coming into play on the issue.   I can't remember anybody in here condoning the violence over the summer.   The protests, no problem.   Similar to the 6th.  No problem with the crowds outside and protests.  Cross the barriers and storm the capital and such?  Nope.  

That said it seems there is a decent % that are crying hypocrisy while saying the 6th was no big deal while constantly bringing up the summer violence.  Odd mental gymnastics.  

That doesn't even begin to talk about the "why" of the different protests and violence.  

Edited by KarmaPolice
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

That's where I see the hypocrisy coming into play on the issue.   I can't remember anybody in here not condoning the violence over the summer.   The protests, no problem.   Similar to the 6th.  No problem with the crowds outside and protests.  Cross the barriers and storm the capital and such?  Nope.  

That said it seems there is a decent % that are crying hypocrisy while saying the 6th was no big deal while constantly bringing up the summer violence.  Odd mental gymnastics.  

That doesn't even begin to talk about the "why" of the different protests and violence.  

This is spot on.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

That's where I see the hypocrisy coming into play on the issue.   I can't remember anybody in here not condoning the violence over the summer.   The protests, no problem.   Similar to the 6th.  No problem with the crowds outside and protests.  Cross the barriers and storm the capital and such?  Nope.  

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

• Laughing 1

34 minutes ago, DaVinci said:

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

:bag:

Correct- thanks for pointing that out.  Keep putting he "not" in there. 

ETA- in my mind I was writing "condemning".  

Edited by KarmaPolice

19 hours ago, moleculo said:

There's partisan hacks that beat you up - they defend whatever the head of their party says, regardless of principle or consistency.  And there are people who make good, sound, well thought out arguments and back them up with facts.

This place used to have a lot more of the latter.  I'm talking about 2003 or even back to the Old Yeller days up thru probably Obamas first term.  Things seemed to get worse around then.  Obama was very polarizing, I think that's probably when things took a turn for the worse around here.

As far as convictions, I think one had to allow for growth.  I am not the same man I was 25 years ago.  I am married, have kids, employees, and responsibilities now.  Why would my convictions be the same? 

Further, I would argue that untested convictions aren't really convictions at all.  And, you can't really test them without honestly be willing to change.

I voted  straight GOP ballots my entire adult life until my nephew was born at 27 weeks in 2006.  Used to believe people were victims of their own doing up until that point.  Started Libertarian, voting Nader in 2008 and Johnson 2012 and then got on the Bernie bus in 2016, opting for Stein in the general and sitting this last election out.

13 hours ago, moleculo said:

So your point is we can't call Jan 6 an resurrection because there were also riots last summer?

:doh:

I'm saying they were BOTH insurrections.  I don't agree with what happened on Jan 6th and I don't agree with what's been happening with BLM/Antifa the last year or so.

The problem isn't me excusing Jan 6th, because I'm not.  The problem is the left excusing BLM/Antifa and at the same time clutching their pearls over Jan 6th.  It's a hypocritical double-standard we got going on here on the left.

If anything, I'm the one being consistent here.

Edited by BladeRunner
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

The problem is the left excusing BLM/Antifa and at the same time clutching their pearls over Jan 6th

But this is the Jan 6 topic, not BLM or Antifa or anything else. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, The Z Machine said:

Fair enough.

Although, I don't see you guys in the BLM/Antifa thread acting all aghast either.  But, your point is well taken.

3 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

Fair enough.

Although, I don't see you guys in the BLM/Antifa thread acting all aghast either.  But, your point is well taken.

I'm pretty sure I condemned the rioting, but I wasn't very involvedin that thread.  I also fully support the BLM protests.  I do support the rights of the "stop the steal" protesters, even if I think their anger is severely misplaced.  The storming of the Capitol is another thing altogether. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, The Z Machine said:

I'm pretty sure I condemned the rioting, but I wasn't very involvedin that thread.  I also fully support the BLM protests.  I do support the rights of the "stop the steal" protesters, even if I think their anger is severely misplaced.  The storming of the Capitol is another thing altogether. 

Yeah, I agree that storming the capitol was bad.  It never should have happened and I'm totally against.  That's not what "peaceful protest" is.

1 hour ago, The Z Machine said:

And the left here haven’t been excusing it at all.  And while we hear”yeah, it was bad too” talking about January 6th…its an afterthought yo say that after post after post after post saying “what about BLM Antifa”.

It has been a deflection and little more to keep bringing it up.

17 minutes ago, The Commish said:

Well...because Johnny punched someone so I did too!!!!!

So, do you think it's just easier to provide snark and condescension because you're afraid to confront what I posted?  The point has been clarified multiple times by me.  Looks like you just came in here, read the last post and knee-jerked your response (once again).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BladeRunner said:

Fair enough.

Just curious how many times you need to see people post how they were against the violence and riots.   

2 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

Just curious how many times you need to see people post how they were against the violence and riots.   

TBH, I'd prefer to see you posting it right alongside all of your posts about Jan 6th in the now 154 PAGE THREAD OF JAN 6TH.

Something along the lines of this: "OMG.  Jan 6th was just as terrible as the BLM/Antifa insurrections!".  At least people would see that you're consistent in your beliefs about attacks on government.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, moleculo said:

“Mostly peaceful protests”