Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

January 6th - what will happen?

Maik Jeaunz

16 minutes ago, Chaz McNulty said:

Which one?

Seems to be a recurring thing.   Proclaim something false…provide no explanation.  And ignore when someone questions you or even proves the claim of false to be flat out wrong.  

Edited by sho nuff
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, CletiusMaximus said:

More vacation video being released almost daily as the DoJ works its way through the tourists’ phones and media accounts. 

These fine people were visiting some museums and monuments, decided to stop by the capitol for a quick tour. https://twitter.com/macfarlanenews/status/1407285232974254080?s=21

just a little miffed.  the signs to the souvenir shop were wrong.

4 hours ago, CletiusMaximus said:

More vacation video being released almost daily as the DoJ works its way through the tourists’ phones and media accounts. 

These fine people were visiting some museums and monuments, decided to stop by the capitol for a quick tour. https://twitter.com/macfarlanenews/status/1407285232974254080?s=21

Eeesssh.

All these clowns in jail. Keep up the good work DOJ.

• Like 2

Pelosi plans to create a select committee to investigate the Jan. 6 insurrection

WASHINGTON – Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif, told Democratic House members Tuesday that she will create a select committee to probe the January 6 attack and insurrection, a source familiar told USA TODAY.  

The details of the select committee are not yet known. Pelosi informed members of the House's Steering and Policy Committee Tuesday night she would create a select panel.

The announcement comes nearly one month after Senate Republicans blocked a bipartisan commission proposed to study the U.S. Capitol riot. 

That legislation had passed successfully through the House, and Pelosi had said that she would explore other avenues to investigate the deadly attack after its failure to advance in the Senate.

The select committee was one of several options the Speaker had been considering after the Senate GOP blocked the commission legislation, which they called partisan and unnecessary as the Justice Department is already prosecuting more than 445 suspects in the attack, and more arrests are expected.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2

12 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

Pelosi plans to create a select committee to investigate the Jan. 6 insurrection

WASHINGTON – Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif, told Democratic House members Tuesday that she will create a select committee to probe the January 6 attack and insurrection, a source familiar told USA TODAY.  

The details of the select committee are not yet known. Pelosi informed members of the House's Steering and Policy Committee Tuesday night she would create a select panel.

The announcement comes nearly one month after Senate Republicans blocked a bipartisan commission proposed to study the U.S. Capitol riot. 

That legislation had passed successfully through the House, and Pelosi had said that she would explore other avenues to investigate the deadly attack after its failure to advance in the Senate.

The select committee was one of several options the Speaker had been considering after the Senate GOP blocked the commission legislation, which they called partisan and unnecessary as the Justice Department is already prosecuting more than 445 suspects in the attack, and more arrests are expected.

What a waste..

Oh Florida Man, never stop being you….

Florida Man Pleads Guilty to Charges of Conspiracy and Obstruction Following Jan. 6 Capitol Breach

Graydon Young, 54, of Englewood, pleaded guilty to counts one and two of the fourth superseding indictment issued on May 26, which charged him with conspiracy and obstruction of justice. Young faces up to 20 years in prison for obstruction of Congress and up to five years in prison for conspiracy as well as three years of supervised release and a $250,000 fine.

Another Insurrectionist going down!

How many is that now? So many I’ve lost count…

35 minutes ago, Dickies said:

Feels like we're rounding up all the street level drug dealers, while ignoring the drug lords who are running the operation.

Some of the arrested are cooperating now, and more of these tough guys facing 20 years will sing like birds once they realize the lie they bought into.

I would think the highest level "drug lords" that face any pain are at the Alex Jones, Roger Stone level, and the leadership of the domestic terror oganizations like Proud Boys and Oath Keepers.

The true drug lords will walk, but at least we all know who they are.

12 hours ago, dozer said:

Some of the arrested are cooperating now, and more of these tough guys facing 20 years will sing like birds once they realize the lie they bought into.

I would think the highest level "drug lords" that face any pain are at the Alex Jones, Roger Stone level, and the leadership of the domestic terror oganizations like Proud Boys and Oath Keepers.

The true drug lords will walk, but at least we all know who they are.

What exactly are they going to sing?  A politician whining and making false allegations of election fraud is not illegal.  We have had over five years of waiting by the left for the shoe to drop from one controversy to the next.  There is some irony here.  

Edited by jon_mx
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jon_mx said:

What exactly are they going to sing?  A politician whining and making false allegations of election fraud is not illegal.  We have had over five years of waiting by the left for the shoe to drop from one controversy to the next.  There is some irony here.  

Biden just said you cant overthrow the govt because he has nukes and f-16s.

"While the tree of liberty is not watered by the blood of patriots, what’s happens is [sic], that their never been, if you wanted to think you need to have weapons to take on the government, you need F-15s and maybe some nuclear weapons,” Biden said, going on to repeat his lie that the Second Amendment limited the type of firearms that could be purchased by the American people."

If biden doesnt think you can overthrow the govt.  Jan 6th was a riot and the insurection is a lie.

3 minutes ago, quick-hands said:

If biden doesnt think you can overthrow the govt.  Jan 6th was a riot and the insurection is a lie.

Just because you can't do it doesn't mean that there won't be idiots that try to do it.  

• Like 5

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/crime/2021/06/23/capitol-riot-sees-1st-sentence-given-indianas-anna-morgan-lloyd/5309991001/

(U.S. District Judge Royce Lamberth )

The judge appointed by Reagan  of 33 years said he feels "troubled" by the accounts of some members of Congress who compare the insurrection to a "day of tourists walking through the Capitol." This wasn’t a peaceful demonstration. It was not an accident that it turned violent," he said. 

Anna Morgan-Lloyd pleaded guilty in federal court to one charge of parading, demonstrating or picketing in a Capitol building in exchange for three years of probation, $500 in restitution and 40 hours of community service, court records show. 

"I’m ashamed that it became a savage display of violence that day," she said. "I would’ve never been there if I had a clue it was going to turn out that way, because it was never my intent to be a part of anything that is so disgraceful to the American people."

Edited by lazyike
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, quick-hands said:

Biden just said you cant overthrow the govt because he has nukes and f-16s.

"While the tree of liberty is not watered by the blood of patriots, what’s happens is [sic], that their never been, if you wanted to think you need to have weapons to take on the government, you need F-15s and maybe some nuclear weapons,” Biden said, going on to repeat his lie that the Second Amendment limited the type of firearms that could be purchased by the American people."

BUT THEY WERE ARMED WITH A FLAGPOLE!

D.C. Metro Police Officer Fanone to CBS:

"I'm done tiptoeing through the tulips here. The questions I have are to what extent, if any, did our political leaders involve themselves in the events of January 6? If there was participation from members of Congress, from their staff."

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 1

On 6/22/2021 at 7:50 PM, Amused to Death said:

The only reason it was 'deadly' is because the police shot an unarmed woman.  I love how the left continuously and knowingly lies to somehow rationalize their faux outrage.  

9 minutes ago, dozer said:

525 people have been charged in the Capitol insurrection so far.

The number of people charged in the INSURRECTION is expected to keep growing as FBI agents pore through video footage, social media posts, phone location data, and tips from the public.

First conviction.   

Parading.   You say insurrection.    The court says parading.     

19 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

The only reason it was 'deadly' is because the police shot an unarmed woman.  I love how the left continuously and knowingly lies to somehow rationalize their faux outrage.  

Your issue seems to be with USA Today, hardly a "left" publication.

41 minutes ago, dozer said:

525 people have been charged in the Capitol insurrection so far.

The number of people charged in the INSURRECTION is expected to keep growing as FBI agents pore through video footage, social media posts, phone location data, and tips from the public.

Its almost as if committing crimes in a building with a lot of cameras and boasting about in pictures and social media was a bad idea.  Oh and also the fbi thanks you for exhibiting your freedom to not wear a mask.

49 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

Why did they shoot her?

4 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

When you're so far to the right that even the center feels like ridiculously left.

The left moved farther left, than the republicans also moved left.   Both moved left.   The repubs are sitting just right of center.    Your post is more a critisism of your position.    You are so far left that you think a leftist is the center.

According to a maurile trembley thread.   I recommend it.

6 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Its almost as if committing crimes in a building with a lot of cameras and boasting about in pictures and social media was a bad idea.  Oh and also the fbi thanks you for exhibiting your freedom to not wear a mask.

All that parading.

There appears to be quite a lot of disagreement about what took place on January 6. It’s telling, therefore, that one side wants a full investigation and the other does not. 

Edited by timschochet
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, timschochet said:

There appears to be quite a lot of disagreement about what took place on January 6. It’s telling, therefore, that one side wants a full investigation and the other does not. 

Those horrible terrible republicans amirite?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Yet you are against a forensic audit of an election.  Telling.

No reason pelosi doesnt investigate.

• Laughing 1

3 minutes ago, quick-hands said:

Hey, thanks for destroying ballots and voting machines! Bang up job they're doing there in AZ.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Those horrible terrible republicans amirite?

No you are wrong. And you’ve been wrong about this accusation which you keep making on a variety of subjects.

There are plenty of good and well meaning Republicans on this issue. Unfortunately at the present time they are being drowned out by forces of unreason and irrationality.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, timschochet said:

No you are wrong. And you’ve been wrong about this accusation which you keep making on a variety of subjects.

There are plenty of good and well meaning Republicans on this issue. Unfortunately at the present time they are being drowned out by forces of unreason and irrationality.

So the republicans AREN'T bad?  I'm lost.  Unreasonableness and irrationality(in your words) SEEMS bad to me?  What am I missing?

This post reminds me of the one poster here who when you say "democrats" he will say "not EVERY SINGLE DEMOCRAT" like he just zinged ya.

Edited by supermike80

15 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Only the republicans do bad things..That is a pervasive theme here.   

No its a false assertion about posters here made by some over and over and over.

In this case…yes, it is the Republicans who have pushed back against investigating the role of the government in what happened that day.

20 minutes ago, quick-hands said:

There have been audits and recounts.  
What is going on in AZ is a farce…everyone should be against such things.

4 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

So the republicans AREN'T bad?  I'm lost.  Unreasonableness and irrationality(in your words) SEEMS bad to me?  What am I missing?

This post reminds me of the one poster here who when you say "democrats" he will say "not EVERY SINGLE DEMOCRAT" like he just zinged ya.

The Republican politicians who are avoiding an investigation, because they suspect what the results will be, are acting badly in this instance. 
that doesn’t make them bad people; I doubt they are. But they’re not acting right here, 

Republicans in general are mostly good people who sometimes make mistakes and sometimes do bad things, but neither is the case most of the time. At the moment I disagree with them on a majority of issues but that hasn’t always been the case and it may not be the case in the future.