Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

January 6th - what will happen?

Maik Jeaunz

Just now, quick-hands said:

I said forensic audit.   You should look up the difference.

As someone who has done both…I don’t need to.

What is going on in AZ is a joke.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, timschochet said:

The Republican politicians who are avoiding an investigation, because they suspect what the results will be, are acting badly in this instance. 
that doesn’t make them bad people; I doubt they are. But they’re not acting right here, 

Republicans in general are mostly good people who sometimes make mistakes and sometimes do bad things, but neither is the case most of the time. At the moment I disagree with them on a majority of issues but that hasn’t always been the case and it may not be the case in the future. 

So the republicans are only bad people when they do something you disagree with?

Ugh..Nevermind.   

Edited by supermike80

3 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

As someone who has done both…I don’t need to.

What is going on in AZ is a joke.

Great.   Ur talking about ir.   Not me.

And if you see me say forensic audit you shouldnt talk about recounts and audits.   Since you have expertise.

1 minute ago, quick-hands said:

Great.   Ur talking about ir.   Not me.

And if you see me say forensic audit you shouldnt talk about recounts and audits.   Since you have expertise.

Actually i can talk about recounts and audits because when they continually show no evidence of fraud or wrongdoing there os zero need for a forensic audit.  Thus…being against the farce the GOP is pushing is reasonable.

It also has zero to do with January 6th or wanting an investigation into the government’s actions that day.

If there were already dozens of inquiries into what happened on January 6th, and those inquiries came back with "these were just tourists visiting the capitol", there would be no need for anymore investigations.

6 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

So the republicans are only bad people when they do something you disagree with?

Ugh..Nevermind.   

Good people do make mistakes and do bad things sometimes.  Democrats and Republicans both do.   

I'm not sure why you keep going on with the Democrats hate Republicans shtick.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Ugh..Nevermind.   

FFS…never mind is right. 
You seem hellbent on falsely interpreting what I wrote in order to pursue your own ridiculous agenda. I really don’t know why I keep bothering. What a waste of time. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, timschochet said:

FFS…never mind is right. 
You seem hellbent on falsely interpreting what I wrote in order to pursue your own ridiculous agenda. I really don’t know why I keep bothering. What a waste of time. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Actually i can talk about recounts and audits because when they continually show no evidence of fraud or wrongdoing there os zero need for a forensic audit.  Thus…being against the farce the GOP is pushing is reasonable.

It also has zero to do with January 6th or wanting an investigation into the government’s actions that day.

We've had mail-in voting and electronic voting machines for a long time.  Now because sore-loser Trump says the election was rigged (even before the first ballot was cast) all of a sudden they want forensic audits on counties and states where Trump lost and despite not being able to produce a single example of fraud on a large scale.

It is ridiculous but that's what the Trump-cult has taken us to.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Godsbrother said:

We've had mail-in voting and electronic voting machines for a long time.  Now because sore-loser Trump says the election was rigged (even before the first ballot was cast) all of a sudden they want forensic audits on counties and states where Trump lost and despite not being able to produce a single example of fraud on a large scale.

It is ridiculous but that's what the Trump-cult has taken us to.

By my count we have had two presidential elections in a row that 30% of the electorate thinking  the election was fraud.  And 4 of last 6.

Election integrity needs to be job 1.

Forensic audits.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, quick-hands said:

By my count we have had two presidential elections in a row that 30% of the electorate thinking  the election was fraud.  And 4 of last 6.

Election integrity needs to be job 1.

Forensic audits.

And coincidentally both involved a man that claimed before a single ballot was cast in either election that the elections would be rigged if he lost.    

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, quick-hands said:

4 of last 6 down.

I assume one of the elections you are referring to was Gore vs Bush, which was really a dispute over recounts in a few counties in a single state where the margin of victory was only a thousand votes or so.  I don't recall many accusations of widespread fraud though.

Which other election are you referring to?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, quick-hands said:

Yet you are against a forensic audit of an election.  Telling.

No reason pelosi doesnt investigate.

What does a forensic audit do that a recount doesn’t?  

11 minutes ago, Godsbrother said:

I assume one of the elections you are referring to was Gore vs Bush, which was really a dispute over recounts in a few counties in a single state where the margin of victory was only a thousand votes or so.  I don't recall many accusations of widespread fraud though.

Which other election are you referring to?

https://www.democracynow.org/2005/11/4/was_the_2004_election_stolen_a

4 minutes ago, quick-hands said:
6 minutes ago, Dickies said:

What does a forensic audit do that a recount doesn’t?  

Ask sho.   He is expert.

I’m being genuine with my question. I don’t really know what the difference is. It sounds more official, but I can’t really think of any way it will result in anything different than a recount.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dickies said:

I’m being genuine with my question. I don’t really know what the difference is. It sounds more official, but I can’t really think of any way it will result in anything different than a recount.

Then ask someone that is similarly motivated not a fisherman.  "Forensic audit" in voting terms is yet another bastardized term that's recently been made up.  I am guessing it came from the term "electoral forensics" which does statistical analysis on the raw data collected from the voting record. 

It looks at standard patterns of election results, such as in voter registration, voting turnout, vote shares cast for the incumbent, blank or invalid ballots cast, or other anomalies in the official results.

That's 10,000 foot level.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, quick-hands said:

Maybe I missed it but I don't see where that said that 30% of the population believed there was fraud.  

Look there are going to be people that claim fraud in every election just like there are a few sore losers that claim the officials was against them and the reason their team lost a big game.

The difference here is that for the first time you have a president that not only never conceded but continues to spout nonsense about the election being stolen despite no proof, having all his legal challenges failed, multiple recounts, and every group and office that oversees election results stating there was no fraud.

If you have proof of widespread fraud then by all means conduct forensic audits but there just isn't any and never was.

5 minutes ago, Godsbrother said:

Maybe I missed it but I don't see where that said that 30% of the population believed there was fraud.  

Look there are going to be people that claim fraud in every election just like there are a few sore losers that claim the officials was against them and the reason their team lost a big game.

The difference here is that for the first time you have a president that not only never conceded but continues to spout nonsense about the election being stolen despite no proof, having all his legal challenges failed, multiple recounts, and every group and office that oversees election results stating there was no fraud.

If you have proof of widespread fraud then by all means conduct forensic audits but there just isn't any and never was.

Im looking to get rid of doubt.    Democracy does in darkness.   Forensic audits restore trust

1 hour ago, Amused to Death said:

When you're so far to the right that even the center feels like ridiculously left.

Preach!  

It’s the state of politics today.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, quick-hands said:

Im looking to get rid of doubt.    Democracy does in darkness.   Forensic audits restore trust

There is no doubt really.  Those still doubting will not be appeased by any audits or recounts…only being told what they already believe. That is the purpose of Cyber Ninjas audit…to confirm people’s bogus doubts.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, quick-hands said:

Like others here I am not exactly sure what you mean by forensic audits but I will say we've done pretty well without them for more than 200 years. 

I guess I have more faith in the US to conduct fair elections than you do.

2 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

There is no doubt really.  Those still doubting will not be appeased by any audits or recounts…only being told what they already believe. That is the purpose of Cyber Ninjas audit…to confirm people’s bogus doubts.

Oh.  I forgot that you know what people think.    Well at least i can see now that some people are so stubborn they wont accept new information that doesnt with previous bias. 

5 minutes ago, quick-hands said:

Sure, but what’s happening in AZ is NOT a forensic audit and most certainly will not be restoring and trust.  That’s not what that audit is designed to do.  

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

5 minutes ago, Godsbrother said:

Like others here I am not exactly sure what you mean by forensic audits but I will say we've done pretty well without them for more than 200 years. 

I guess I have more faith in the US to conduct fair elections than you do.

Thankfully the democrats nationalizing us elections failed

4 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

Sure, but what’s happening in AZ is NOT a forensic audit and most certainly will not be restoring and trust.  That’s not what that audit is designed to do.  

Please go thru any of my posts and find an ounce  of support for AZ

2 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

This is exactly what is wrong with America today.  Some folks are just too closed minded.

• Laughing 6
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, quick-hands said:

Oh.  I forgot that you know what people think.    Well at least i can see now that some people are so stubborn they wont accept new information that doesnt with previous bias. 

I accept credible information.  Cyber Ninja’s work is not credible.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gilroy34 said:

This is exactly what is wrong with America today.  Some folks are just too closed minded.

Like people who cant be convinced that Biden won Arizona?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gilroy34 said:

Says the guy who said he will “never” be convinced of something.  How rich.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 1

3 minutes ago, Bottomfeeder Sports said:

I think that a forensic audit is going to determine that proper procedure was not followed when my polling place left "I voted" stickers on a desk on the way out rather than having a volunteer hand them out to those that voted.

Why do you think that?   Can you link to proof.🤪

5 minutes ago, Bottomfeeder Sports said:

I think that a forensic audit is going to determine that proper procedure was not followed when my polling place left "I voted" stickers on a desk on the way out rather than having a volunteer hand them out to those that voted.

They handed out 22,000 i voted stickers but there are only 21,998 registered voters.

FRAUD!!!!

13 minutes ago, The Dude said:

FL oathkeeper flips - he must have something of value to cut a deal.

gaetz - and we don’t even need help with that degenerate

I mean, when the largest chapter of Oath Keepers comes out and denounces you and your actions, that has to hurt a little bit, no?

22 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Apologies if this has already been posted.

Mr Young pleaded guilty to two counts against him, conspiracy and obstruction of an official proceeding, both of which are felonies.

The former charge carries a maximum sentence of five years in prison, with the latter carrying a maximum of 20 years.

He also promised to cooperate with investigators as part of his plea deal. That cooperation will include his testimony before a grand jury and at trial. He will also have to give interviews to law enforcement personnel.

The presiding judge told Mr Young his estimated sentencing guideline was 63 to 78 months in prison. The judge said those estimates were influenced by the “obstructive nature” of his crimes, but that he was also granted credit for accepting responsibility by pleading guilty.

They handed out 22,000 i voted stickers but there are only 21,998 registered voters.

FRAUD!!!!

Those two Republicans that voted for their dead fathers both grabbed an extra sticker.

Edited by Chaz McNulty

33 minutes ago, The Dude said:

gaetz - and we don’t even need help with that degenerate

Apparently, FL man sucks at keeping oaths.

9 hours ago, timschochet said:

The Republican politicians who are avoiding an investigation, because they suspect what the results will be, are acting badly in this instance. 
that doesn’t make them bad people; I doubt they are. But they’re not acting right here, 

Republicans in general are mostly good people who sometimes make mistakes and sometimes do bad things, but neither is the case most of the time. At the moment I disagree with them on a majority of issues but that hasn’t always been the case and it may not be the case in the future. 

You are put motives into people and never even have even the slightest understanding of what they think.  

14 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

You are put motives into people and never even have even the slightest understanding of what they think.  

Really? The only motives I assigned here were to the Republican politicians who voted against an independent investigation. 
Are you accusing me of making absolutist statements without knowing what I’m talking about? 

11 hours ago, kwille said:

Apparently, FL man sucks at keeping oaths.

:lol:

To be honest, I give the guy credit for switching his tune.  It's kind of tough to hold the line when the largest chapter of your group is doing everything in their power to put you on an island and create as much distance as possible.  At least he saw that was happening.