What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

January 6th - what will happen? (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because deep down they know having guns around a bunch of people that are angry is a horrible idea.  It has been the root of almost every mass murder in America. But gosh darn it, we can't have any gun restrictions, back ground checks, anything to protect innocent people from psychos who want guns. 
Lol...having guns "around' is now the rationalization for the lie.  Did the media know that?  Of course not.  And by 'around' you mean a good hour away by the time they walked to the metro and got back to their hotel.  

So is it allowed to talk about 1/6 in the 1/6 thread without having to bring up BLM/Antifa too.  Asking for a friend. 
Rumor has it they are considering this in other threads as well. For example in the “Trump to Infinity and Beyond” thread you would have also talk about and praise Obama. In the Donald Rumsfeld thread you would have to discuss another Secretary of Defense who has died in each post

For some reason this thread makes me think of a bunch of meth heads sitting around being obsessed with someone drinking a beer.  

Lol...having guns "around' is now the rationalization for the lie.  Did the media know that?  Of course not.  And by 'around' you mean a good hour away by the time they walked to the metro and got back to their hotel.  
I'd really like to know which traveling circus troupe you perform with. Your contortionist skills are quite impressive and I want to see in person how you twist yourself into a human pretzel. Cost is no object and if you're troupe will be in my area anytime soon I'm willing to come see your show.

Deflect?  Give me a frigging break.  Of course armed means guns.  Of someone commits an armed robbery it isn't because they were carrying a flashlight which could be used to hit someone with.  To deny that the media lied when they repeated called it a deadly armed insurrection is complete dishonesty.  
Link

Definition of armed

(Entry 1 of 2)

1a: furnished with weapons also : using or involving a weapon

b: furnished with something that provides security, strength, or efficacy

Lied? No.  - they were armed, people did die, and it was an insurrection.  

Purposely picked the harshest sounding terminology for clicks and riling people up? Sure, but that's not new.   

Armed robbery doesn't require a gun, either.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Link

Definition of armed

(Entry 1 of 2)

1a: furnished with weapons also : using or involving a weapon

b: furnished with something that provides security, strength, or efficacy

Lied? No.  - they were armed, people did die, and it was an insurrection.  

Purposely picked the harshest sounding terminology for clicks and riling people up? Sure, but that's not new.   

Armed robbery doesn't require a gun, either.  
They all also had two arms, so they were armed.  Really don't care.  I know the context and a person who is being honest knows exactly that the media was implying they had guns.  The term deadly was also full of crap because the media knew it was a protester who was shot.  Every person here knows it was pure BS spin, but keep defending the slimeball media.  

They all also had two arms, so they were armed.  Really don't care.  I know the context and a person who is being honest knows exactly that the media was implying they had guns.  The term deadly was also full of crap because the media knew it was a protester who was shot.  Every person here knows it was pure BS spin, but keep defending the slimeball media.  
What about staging weapons and having someone ready to bring them in, a “quick reaction force” if you will. Like this guy.

“Where can we drop off weapons to the QRF team?" another one of Harrelson's co-defendants, Jessica Watkins, allegedly wrote in a Jan. 4 message. "I’d like to have the weapons secured prior to the Op tomorrow.”

This wasn’t a spontaneous idea to storm the Capitol, there was a lot of planning involved. They came in body armor, they wanted to create a situation where the president could invoke the insurrection act, and then bring in their weapons and act as the militia force. But keep defending the slimeball insurrectionists. 

We can tell by you posting over and over about it and trying to convince us the media was lying.  

Like I said, I will give you that the terminology used was purposeful, but it's not incorrect.  There is also no denying from the footage that it was planned, they brought weapons, and their act was disgusting, stupid, and should be punished fully.  

(and save your breath, BR - I said the same thing about anybody who stopped and peaceful protesting and started with the destruction looting).  

For years, we've heard from the NRA's right-wing supporters that "banning guns won't stop killing. People are killed with knives, baseball bats and other weapons all the time." But now not having guns means they weren't armed and dangerous.

We can tell by you posting over and over about it and trying to convince us the media was lying.  

Like I said, I will give you that the terminology used was purposeful, but it's not incorrect.  There is also no denying from the footage that it was planned, they brought weapons, and their act was disgusting, stupid, and should be punished fully.  

(and save your breath, BR - I said the same thing about anybody who stopped and peaceful protesting and started with the destruction looting).  
I am stating a fact, the media intentionally mislead the public to push the narrative they always push.  The Oath Keepers kept the weapons legally in Virginia in case the violence eacalated.  They may be delusional, but that is well within the spirit of the second amendment.  It may be scary to many, but that is our laws.  

For years, we've heard from the NRA's right-wing supporters that "banning guns won't stop killing. People are killed with knives, baseball bats and other weapons all the time." But now not having guns means they weren't armed and dangerous.
Ah yes the game of clue for most of us included weapons like: candlestick, lead pipe, wrench, rope, knife, and the revolver. Avid Trump supporters have removed all the options for weapons in their games to just one.....it’s always just the revolver.

Soooooooo....back to what "armed" means?  Really?  We did that about 80 pages ago :lol:  

At some point we'll stop being obsessed with the media we think is garbage won't we?  Maybe?
Sorry, I wasn't around for that and I will drop it.  Just baffling to me.  I will fully admit that I didn't really sit down and watch footage or look at what they were posting back and forth until the last week or so.  

Anyway, the last point is so true.  "damn lying media!"  "wait, I gotta go give that lying media some more clicks".    I think for people like that it's either one of two things going on:  1.  They are feeding the thing they hate by going there and consuming it, or 2.  They aren't actually doing that and just getting their info about what the media is doing through their biased sources (ie Gateway or SM posting info about what CNN is reporting).   Not sure which is worse, or am I missing another option?

Sorry, I wasn't around for that and I will drop it.  Just baffling to me.  I will fully admit that I didn't really sit down and watch footage or look at what they were posting back and forth until the last week or so.  

Anyway, the last point is so true.  "damn lying media!"  "wait, I gotta go give that lying media some more clicks".    I think for people like that it's either one of two things going on:  1.  They are feeding the thing they hate by going there and consuming it, or 2.  They aren't actually doing that and just getting their info about what the media is doing through their biased sources (ie Gateway or SM posting info about what CNN is reporting).   Not sure which is worse, or am I missing another option?
No need to apologize.  It's easy to get sucked into the deflection nonsense.  "Armed" isn't exclusive to guns...never has been.  Just another attempt to deflect from the realities of the day.  To be more precise...deflect from the realities of the events that transpired after 1pm EST and after the vast majority of the peaceful protesters had left as the march to the Capitol began.  

ETA:  Those events transpired on social media for all to see.  It doesn't matter, at all, how our corrupt media portrayed them.  It's out there for all to see in unedited/unfiltered glory.  If people insist on watching through the filter of our media even though they hate our media, that's on them.  That's something they have to reconcile and has no bearing on severity of the events we can see for ourselves.  

No need to apologize.  It's easy to get sucked into the deflection nonsense.  "Armed" isn't exclusive to guns...never has been.  Just another attempt to deflect from the realities of the day.  To be more precise...deflect from the realities of the events that transpired after 1pm EST and after the vast majority of the peaceful protesters had left as the march to the Capitol began.  
IMO this isn't a deflection tactic, it's whitewashing and downplaying, blended with the popular right wing theme of blaming the media.

Still a loooong ways to go to get Trumplicans to acknowledge Jan 6 was a bad day for democracy.

Kevin McCarthy is threatening any Republican who accepts a Pelosi offer to be on this committee with total ostracism, being stripped of all other assignments.

So are we at the point where it's either an "armed deadly insurrection" or it's just another day at the capital?  
It was a riot.  The people involved are being prosecuted and sentenced.   When they were ordered to leave they left.   And the government  finished its duties on that day.

And I guess carrying baseball bats isn't considered "armed" now? This was a planned, coordinated takeover of the Capitol.
Baseball bats, hammers, bear spray...Amazing people call this "unarmed". Only because they so desperately want it to be. If this video posted by @dozer doesn't disgust you, you're certainly no patriot.

ETA: posted by @CentralPA Sorry and thanks.

Baseball bats, hammers, bear spray...Amazing people call this "unarmed". Only because they so desperately want it to be. If this video posted by @dozer doesn't disgust you, you're certainly no patriot.

Add to that tasers and flag poles (U.S. Capitol Police Officer Fanone was tased, concussed and beaten with a flag pole)
And yes, some guns. Oh, and molotav cocktails. Bombs planted at the DNC and RNC. 

I think we can also assert with a good deal of confidence that the various "gun control" laws at play in DC and at the Capitol  worked to save at least a few lives.

The argument about what to label 1/6 seems to be just more deflection from responsibility or lessening/whitewashing the event for Trump. The less Trump is named in association with 1/6, where from his rally he told his followers to go to the Capitol and that he would go with them, that's a win for his supporters. The fact that the last several pages of arguments are devoid of Trump's name seems relevant to that strategy. Argue about what to call 1/6, argue about what constitutes being armed, etc. 

A note on that. Not a "teams" guy, but if the candidate I voted for was responsible for 1/6 I'd certainly be ashamed and wouldn't ever be able to support them again. If this attitude is representative of even 5% of Trump voters, where they have said enough is enough and he went too far, there's no way he's getting re-elected. Not sure that any percentage of Biden voters are shifting their attitude towards "you know what, on second thought that Trump guy wasn't so bad".

1/6 was Trump's responsibility, side arguments are meant to deflect that, and the reality is because of 1/6 he won't win in 2024. It's shocking in some ways that he and the other inciters/coordinators aren't charged with any crimes.

Correct.   I could see the pushback more if this was a spur of the moment thing, and they were using or throwing objects found there. (still disgusting, but I think you get my point)  Very telling in the videos when they brought those weapons you listed, armor, and radio communication with them. Let alone the several videos of somebody saying to the camera they were there to get into the Capital or yell "this is what we are here for".  

Amused to Death said:
And yes, some guns. Oh, and molotav cocktails. Bombs planted at the DNC and RNC. 
The gallows that were constructed complete with a hangmans's noose were just there to play some games. Surpised Pence didn't want to go out there and play with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread