What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

January 6th - what will happen? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on - that’s being a little disingenuous. As far back as you can go in this thread folks on the right have said nothing happened that day. You can argue a lot of people in Washington that day were there peacefully but you also need to admit that there were a number who weren’t and went there with ‘not the best’ intentions. Can we at least admit that?
Yes I have admitted there were a few bad apples that deserve punishment.  However even the worst offenders on Jan 6th in regards to violence on police officers would not make local news let alone national news if not for the overblown political angle.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on - that’s being a little disingenuous. As far back as you can go in this thread folks on the right have said nothing happened that day. You can argue a lot of people in Washington that day were there peacefully but you also need to admit that there were a number who weren’t and went there with ‘not the best’ intentions. Can we at least admit that?
Yes we can.  There was definitely some vandalism.  No fires though and I'm not sure taking some of Nancy's letters would constitute looting or not, they aren't worth much.  Pretty tame for protest standards.  

Waiting on your unedited version showing a peaceful tour
No doubt.  Goes back to my comment about nobody doing the same for the "other" activities over the summer.   

What is stopping another outlet from putting the "truth" out there and an unedited video timeline?  Feels like either a decent size group of people want to complain just to complain, or maybe - just maybe, these videos (from the attackers themselves) are showing the public what went on.  

Waiting on your unedited version showing a peaceful tour
Well, yeah, the MSM and the left have told us that "Peaceful Protests" include looting businesses and burning cities to the ground.  I would assume a "Peaceful Tour" is just an extension of that.  So, very peaceful apparently.  

Yes I have admitted there were a few bad apples that deserve punishment.  However even the worst offenders on Jan 6th in regards to violence on police officers would not make local news let alone national news if not for the overblown political angle.  
Overblown?  The US Capital was breached!  The VP was evacuated, and congresspeople sheltered in place beneath their desks.

Don't tell me this is overblown.  This was the worst attack on democracy and rule of law in the US since 1864.

False.  Trump did not urge them to breach the capital.
Trump spent months feeding these people lies. He continues to do it after watching these obviously deluded people who believe anything he says and sees the repercussions. He cares for nothing except that he is not viewed as "a loser".

It's one of the more pathetic displays from a person in power I can recall. 

Overblown?  The US Capital was breached!  The VP was evacuated, and congresspeople sheltered in place beneath their desks.

Don't tell me this is overblown.  This was the worst attack on democracy and rule of law in the US since 1864.
And you've officially fallen into the dozer camp.

If the left was worried about the Rule of Law and Democracy you would be amping it up about our southern border like you're doing in here.  You would have amped it up during the BLM/Antifa insurrections.

Logical people know why you guys are amping it up day in and day out - to demonize the opposition.  IF this was an attack on Democracy, it was the weakest one ever.  I mean, everyone was stopping and taking pictures. 

When you use words like "Attack on Democracy", that means something more than just cameras and high-fives.  We're talking armed individuals killing people, destroying things and burning things down.  Oh, wait. we already had that in Portland, Seatlle and many other places and there was nary a peep about it.

Your fake outrage (although I'm sure it SEEMS real to you) doesn't work when you (meaning: your side) supported or, at best, sat silent about all of that previously.

Yes we can.  There was definitely some vandalism.  No fires though and I'm not sure taking some of Nancy's letters would constitute looting or not, they aren't worth much.  Pretty tame for protest standards.  
It's the timing bro.  Makes it pretty unprecedented for our recent history.   The peaceful transfer of power was threatened like we've never seen in our lifetime.   It's going to have to be acknowledged and accepted eventually.    

(and here's a preemptive "BLM/Antifa will have to acknowledge and accept they're ####ty too", so we can get that out if the way) 

It's the timing bro.  Makes it pretty unprecedented for our recent history.   The peaceful transfer of power was threatened like we've never seen in our lifetime.   It's going to have to be acknowledged and accepted eventually.    

(and here's a preemptive "BLM/Antifa will have to acknowledge and accept they're ####ty too", so we can get that out if the way) 
Thanks.  I appreciate your post.

The only way you're going to get a guy like me to accept that 100% is if the FBI starts going after the BLM/Antifa insurrectionists and leaders.  Simply acknowledging it at this point is a cop-out.  The damage has already been done and nobody has been arrested by the FBI.  But, hey, let's go after the Jan 6th people!

You either handle ALL insurrections with the same amount of justice or none of them.

If the left was worried about the Rule of Law and Democracy (1) you would be amping it up about our southern border like you're doing in here.  You would have amped it up during the BLM/Antifa insurrections. (2)

Logical people know why you guys are amping it up day in and day out - to demonize the opposition.  (3) IF this was an attack on Democracy, it was the weakest one ever (4).  I mean, everyone was stopping and taking pictures. 

When you use words like "Attack on Democracy", that means something more than just cameras and high-fives.  We're talking armed individuals killing people, destroying things and burning things down. (5)  Oh, wait. we already had that in Portland, Seatlle and many other places and there was nary a peep about it. (6)

Your fake outrage (although I'm sure it SEEMS real to you) doesn't work when you (meaning: your side) supported all of that previously. (7)
1) don't talk to me about law and order.  I saw you in the Wisselburg thread claiming political witch hunt instead of hoping tax cheats find justice. Somehow righties have a big ole blind eye to white-collar crime and that's not OK but I'm not here to "whatabout" so moving on...

2) my outrage during the riots was related to police brutality.  There was an event here in Charlotte where police funneled peaceful protesters (legitimately) into a narrow street and then tear-gassed them.  That's not ok, and fueled further protests and violence.  The solution to excessive police violence is not more violence.  But I'm not here to D-flect *clap clap* so moving on...

3) no.  I'm not a partisan hack.  I know what I saw on Jan 6.  It was horrifying.  A direct assault on a constitutionally mandated proceeding.  But I'm not here to whitewash so moving on...

4) no argument that they weren't effective.

(5) windows were smashed, perimeters were breached, offices broken into, crap smeared on walls.  Officers were attacked.  It happened.

(6) Nary a peep?  Did you not watch TV all summer of 2020?

(7)  My side is America, and we have ALWAYS supported the peaceful transfer of (American) power.  I'm disappointed you feel differently.

The only way you're going to get a guy like me to accept that 100% is if the FBI starts going after the BLM/Antifa insurrectionists and leaders.  Simply acknowledging it at this point is a cop-out.  The damage has already been done and nobody has been arrested by the FBI.  But, hey, let's go after the Jan 6th people!

You either handle ALL insurrections with the same amount of justice or none of them.
Take this fake outrage to the BLM/ ANTIFA thread.

The only way you're going to get a guy like me to accept that 100% is if the FBI starts going after the BLM/Antifa insurrectionists and leaders.  Simply acknowledging it at this point is a cop-out.  You either handle ALL insurrections with the same amount of justice or none of them.
Can you make one post on the subject of 1-6 without mentioning the summer protests?   I don't know if it's for comedic effect at this point or what.  

You are saying people could attack your state Capitol, people would die, police everywhere, cops beaten and the local news wouldn’t cover it.

You live in the mean streets.

Try to imagine this scenario: it’s January, 2013. Barack Obama has just lost a very close election to Mitt Romney. Except Obama doesn’t think he lost, he thinks he’s been cheated. On January 6, Obama holds a large rally of mostly Black Lives Matter activists. These folks then storm the Capitol Building. They have no guns but, armed with baseball bats they break in, attacking police. 
Now- tell me how Republicans would react. 

1) don't talk to me about law and order.  I saw you in the Wisselburg thread claiming political witch hunt instead of hoping tax cheats find justice. Somehow righties have a big ole blind eye to white-collar crime and that's not OK but I'm not here to "whatabout" so moving on...

2) my outrage during the riots was related to police brutality.  There was an event here in Charlotte where police funneled peaceful protesters (legitimately) into a narrow street and then tear-gassed them.  That's not ok, and fueled further protests and violence.  The solution to excessive police violence is not more violence.  But I'm not here to D-flect *clap clap* so moving on...

3) no.  I'm not a partisan hack.  I know what I saw on Jan 6.  It was horrifying.  A direct assault on a constitutionally mandated proceeding.  But I'm not here to whitewash so moving on...

4) no argument that they weren't effective.

(5) windows were smashed, perimeters were breached, offices broken into, crap smeared on walls.  Officers were attacked.  It happened.

(6) Nary a peep?  Did you not watch TV all summer of 2020?

(7)  My side is America, and we have ALWAYS supported the peaceful transfer of (American) power.  I'm disappointed you feel differently.
1) It appears you're just making stuff up now.  I never advocated for that

2) OKay?

3) I'm not disagreeing with you, but you don't hold the same fervor for BLM/Antifa so that completely dilutes your argument.

4) Agreed

5) Yeah, and it happend with BLM/Antifa as well.  Again, no fervor on your side of the aisle like you're having now.

6) Yes, we watched a full summer of MSM coined "Peaceful Protests".  That right there should stop you in your tracks.

7) My side is also America and your continued strawman's won't change that.  I'm not indifferent about the Jan 6th insurrection any more than I am about the BLM/Antifa CONTINUING TO THIS DAY insurrection.  The difference is I'm able to see both clearly for what they are - insurrections.  To you and your side, it appears Jan 6th is the only one that bothers you.  That's a problem for you.

Can you make one post on the subject of 1-6 without mentioning the summer protests?   I don't know if it's for comedic effect at this point or what.  
And the FBI has been going after rioters in the summer too.  There have been arrests.

But the summer rioters weren’t doing so in buildings with as many cameras as the Capitol…and weren’t almost all doing so without a mask…nor were they out on social media posting videos of their crimes.  But that always gets left out by those trying to draw that false equivalence they deflect with.

And the FBI has been going after rioters in the summer too.  There have been arrests.

But the summer rioters weren’t doing so in buildings with as many cameras as the Capitol…and weren’t almost all doing so without a mask…nor were they out on social media posting videos of their crimes.  But that always gets left out by those trying to draw that false equivalence they deflect with.
What the hell?   :lmao:

1) It appears you're just making stuff up now.  I never advocated for that

2) OKay?

3) I'm not disagreeing with you, but you don't hold the same fervor for BLM/Antifa so that completely dilutes your argument.

4) Agreed

5) Yeah, and it happend with BLM/Antifa as well.  Again, no fervor on your side of the aisle like you're having now.

6) Yes, we watched a full summer of MSM coined "Peaceful Protests".  That right there should stop you in your tracks.

7) My side is also America and your continued strawman's won't change that.  I'm not indifferent about the Jan 6th insurrection any more than I am about the BLM/Antifa CONTINUING TO THIS DAY insurrection.  The difference is I'm able to see both clearly for what they are - insurrections.  To you and your side, it appears Jan 6th is the only one that bothers you.  That's a problem for you.
1) you accused everyone of wanting to get trump because of political motivations.

3,5) I have condemned the riots from the summer.  I did at the time.  I am not supporting them on-going and I'm not whitewashing them or their effects.  

6) then why would you say there was "nary a peep?". Because some people on TV put a spin on it you don't like?  Get over it already.

7) My God, why is it so hard for you to say anything about Jan 6 without conjuring up BLM /Antifa?  That's all I ask.  Denounce the riots without drawing a line to an unrelated event.  Please.  Pretty please.  With a cherry on top.  

I have a lot of users on ignore, but when you do that they still show up in quotes and mentions.

So I’d like to recognize “dozer camp”, and say it’s about time I got that kind of respect around here.

All are welcome at dozer camp!
I know you have me on ignore, but "Dozer Camp" has the same meaning as Q'Anon.  :shrug:

Cops get murdered and attacked all the time.  It is never a news story unless it can be exploited by the left.  Biggest bs I have ever seen. 
A couple hundred American citizens storm the capitol, break in, and vandalize with the intent to stop the certification of US presidential election.  

It had happened exactly zero times in this country’s history and you don’t think it’s newsworthy. 

All Americans should be appalled at what happened on January 6 but you and others seem to be cool with it.   

A couple hundred American citizens storm the capitol, break in, and vandalize with the intent to stop the certification of US presidential election.  

It had happened exactly zero times in this country’s history and you don’t think it’s newsworthy. 

All Americans should be appalled at what happened on January 6 but you and others seem to be cool with it.   
Let me finish that last paragraph for you.

,…. Unless it was BLM/ANTIFA.  Or it was a Democrat POTUS encouraging Democrats followers.  

You are saying people could attack your state Capitol, people would die, police everywhere, cops beaten and the local news wouldn’t cover it.

You live in the mean streets.
Right? I can’t imagine the situation where a cop being killed is not covered by the news

They did not stop anything.  Lots of official business the government conducts has been disrupted by protestors.  The endless crying about this event is so old especially in the light of the absolute ignoring of far worst events.  I am so done with the left on their endless political moaning.  It is disgusting.

At the behest of the losing Prez also adds a nice 3rd world country vibe to the whole thing.

It’s insane.

They did not stop anything.  Lots of official business the government conducts has been disrupted by protestors.  The endless crying about this event is so old especially in the light of the absolute ignoring of far worst events.  I am so done with the left on their endless political moaning.  It is disgusting.
Better luck next time I guess. 

The guy who organized this whole #### show is still going on about this stolen election.

If the left was worried about the Rule of Law and Democracy you would be amping it up about our southern border like you're doing in here.  You would have amped it up during the BLM/Antifa insurrections.

Logical people know why you guys are amping it up day in and day out - to demonize the opposition.  IF this was an attack on Democracy, it was the weakest one ever.  I mean, everyone was stopping and taking pictures. 

When you use words like "Attack on Democracy", that means something more than just cameras and high-fives.  We're talking armed individuals killing people, destroying things and burning things down.  Oh, wait. we already had that in Portland, Seatlle and many other places and there was nary a peep about it.

Your fake outrage (although I'm sure it SEEMS real to you) doesn't work when you (meaning: your side) supported or, at best, sat silent about all of that previously.
:goodposting:

It was overblown.  They accomplished nothing and nobody was in danger.  Nobody.  Calm down.

It is amazing to me that you casually disregard someone trespassing on and vandalizing the office of, and stealing stuff from, the third most powerful person in the country.  The level of cognitive dissonance is truly astounding.   

Same as a 7-11!

It was overblown.  They accomplished nothing and nobody was in danger.  Nobody.  Calm down.
Except all the injured officers and those they were chanting they wanted to hang?  Or the other things they said in the videos shown among other things?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread