What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

January 6th - what will happen? (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your starting position is that race had anything to do with Jan. 6th then expect to be shouted down.
I don't think 1/6 had anything to do about race. I was including a previous comment about Maxine Waters being a race baiter as part of my argument. Why does everything need to be right vs. left?

I don't think 1/6 had anything to do about race. I was including a previous comment about Maxine Waters being a race baiter as part of my argument. Why does everything need to be right vs. left?
It shouldn’t be, but here we are.  Both sides do it - confirmation bias, cognitive dissonance… Humans are still tribal beings.  It’s built into our DNA.

The narrative is all over the place. Now Jan 6 wasnt "just like" the BLM protests?  Thepeople saying this are also the people saying BLM was a problem. Not sure how you claim one was a problem and the other blown out of proprtion while also saying they were "just like"  

Poorly thought out talking points run amuck it seems. 

It shouldn’t be, but here we are.  Both sides do it - confirmation bias, cognitive dissonance… Humans are still tribal beings.  It’s built into our DNA.

The pictures of Senators cowering on the floor with genuine fear on their faces is the most American thing I have seen in my life.  Once . . . for real . . . you people ACTUALLY realized who you work for.”

“Peace is done. Now is the time for all the braggart ‘Patriots’ to buckle armor or shut the **** up. 

He's taking pleasure in sowing terror to the highest level of government and advocating for more violence.  That's the opposite of civil disobedience. 

The pictures of Senators cowering on the floor with genuine fear on their faces is the most American thing I have seen in my life.  Once . . . for real . . . you people ACTUALLY realized who you work for.”

“Peace is done. Now is the time for all the braggart ‘Patriots’ to buckle armor or shut the **** up. 

He's taking pleasure in sowing terror to the highest level of government and advocating for more violence.  That's the opposite of civil disobedience. 
Yes. But “BLM” did something once. 

Also, some athlete protesting the anthem is the worst. 

I could cite you countless examples of the Left inciting violence, but you already know that.  When it’s your team it’s free speech.

No. 1 overall pick Trevor Lawrence signed a four-year, $36.8 million contract that includes $24.1 million in guaranteed money and the standard fifth-year
Ron Burgundy and the Channel 4 Action News team is the best news team in local news right now. And it's not even close.

Literally took me 45 seconds to find one. https://twitter.com/scuba2024/status/1393400574087815175?s=20

And there are more.  Want to see the clip inside the Capitol where the leaders of the “insurrection” are told by the cops they can go in but that they must be peaceful?  

Are those from the timeframe?  And is that what was meant above by "going through the scanners"?  I thought when that was said it was security at the Capitol, through the standard detectors and bag checks etc.  If that's not what was meant I apologize.  I don't see scanners for them to walk through in either of those, but if that's what was meant and it's during that timeframe, I'll gladly pony up the $s

That's not going thru security.  No one went thru a metal detector or had their bags searched.

This is capital police surrendering to an overwhelming crowd they were unprepared for, hoping to avoid violence.  

The original post that spurred this discussion:

jon_mx said:
Many of them if not the vast majority calmly walked through security and had their bags checked.  But you won't see any balance in the propaganda videos you watch, so I would not expect you to know.  

Last edited by a moderator:
That's not going thru security.  No one went thru a metal detector or had their bags searched.

This is capital police surrendering to an overwhelming crowd they were unprepared for, hoping to avoid violence.  

Yeah, but.....BLM

jon_mx said:
Many of them if not the vast majority calmly walked through security and had their bags checked.  But you won't see any balance in the propaganda videos you watch, so I would not expect you to know.  
To be fair, I came in on the end of that conversation and read just a few of the posts (not all of them) so that's why I posted above what my understanding of the conversation was.  Those posts as a collective lead me to believe they were talking about the standard metal detectors and scanners (machines, not people) and bag checks.  If that's not what they meant, then I apologize...will still pay up.

To be fair, I came in on the end of that conversation and read just a few of the posts (not all of them) so that's why I posted above what my understanding of the conversation was.  Those posts as a collective lead me to believe they were talking about the standard metal detectors and scanners (machines, not people) and bag checks.  If that's not what they meant, then I apologize...will still pay up.
I think it was pretty clear what post you were responding to and what was being claimed.   

But in before the inevitable "oh, moving the goalposts now!" posts.  ;)  

Sorry, but security/bags checked <> the initial barricades 100s of feet outside the building.  That means as people enter the Capital itself.   

no, that is exactly what @jon_mxmeant.  That's why included his original comment above.  @ekbeats probably has a different interpretation of what passing thru security means and I can see his point.

I would like to know why capitol police were waving crowds in. Was an order issued from command to go ahead and let people in?  were these officers acting on their own?  

Arresting people for being inside the capitol after being waved in by the police feels like entrapment, so I award a point to Team Whitewashers

I think it was pretty clear what post you were responding to and what was being claimed.   

But in before the inevitable "oh, moving the goalposts now!" posts.  ;)  

Sorry, but security/bags checked <> the initial barricades 100s of feet outside the building.  That means as people enter the Capital itself.   
Yeah...definitely not trying to do that.

no, that is exactly what @jon_mxmeant.  That's why included his original comment above.  @ekbeats probably has a different interpretation of what passing thru security means and I can see his point.
Below is the closest we're going to get in my view, but still falls short of going through security peacefully.  Not a single one of the people in the clip below were screened in any way whatsoever.  This example is more for the "hey, why on earth did the Capitol Police just allow people in the building" part of the discussion.  

Another.  What are we up to now, $3?  Let me think about the charity.  Maybe a pro-life group? 😆

https://twitter.com/christina_bobb/status/1347596278583197698?s=20
I have a good one I give to local to Western NC if you trust me.

I would like to know why capitol police were waving crowds in. Was an order issued from command to go ahead and let people in?  were these officers acting on their own?  
I don’t think we know for sure but it seems like at the time of the wave-ins there were already so many people past the barricades and doors that it no longer made sense to protect them.

Arresting people for being inside the capitol after being waved in by the police feels like entrapment, so I award a point to Team Whitewashers
Not sure anyone really knows. #### goes sideways with even good planning would be my guess. 

Or perhaps they didn’t want to get beaten or sprayed with mace.

I don’t think we know for sure but it seems like at the time of the wave-ins there were already so many people past the barricades and doors that it no longer made sense to protect them.
that would be my assumption as well.  but, the police-waving goes a step further - encouraging entry, as opposed to discouraging or neutral.  I'd like to know what's up with that.

Capitol Police opening field offices to investigate threats to members of Congress

U.S. Capitol Police (USCP) on Tuesday announced that it is opening regional field offices in California and Florida to investigate threats to members of Congress as it detailed measures to enhance security efforts in the wake of deadly rioting in January.

"It has been six months since rioters attacked the United States Capitol and our brave police officers and law enforcement partners who fought valiantly to protect elected leaders and the democratic process," Capitol Police said in a statement.

"We will never forget USCP Officers Brian Sicknick and Howie Liebengood, who died after the attack, nor the sacrifices of the nearly 150 law enforcement officers who were injured."

#NeverForgetJanuary6th is trending as Americans reflect on the seditious acts performed by Trump supporting insurrectionists six months ago today.

Here’s to hoping that everyone, from the small time, selfie taking tresspassers to the Oath Keepers clad in body armor, to the organizing leadership of the white nationalist organizations, to Roger Stone, to Alex Jones, all the way up to the most dangerous liar in our nation’s history, and perpetrator of The Big Lie are held accountable.

Never forget J6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread