Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

January 6th - what will happen?

Maik Jeaunz

7 minutes ago, moleculo said:

You are wrong.

I care about the hearings.  Nancy Pelosi cares about them too.  So that's at least two who care... waaaay more than nobody.

You claim you don't care about them, but you have wasted a hell of a lot of electrons protesting them so I suspect you care too.

Pelosi :lmao:

3 minutes ago, Gilroy34 said:

I have always said the tiny amount of folks who were violent should be proscecuted so no idea what you are talking about.  Looting refers to widespread theft like the thugs at the summer riots, not Jan 6th.

Dude - you just denied it within the last hour. Like its 10 posts up. We can see it.

Someone yak651 talked about looting at the capitol and you wrote, "What was being looted on Jan 6?"

The General then described the looting that was going on and you wrote, "Nah."

That was just an hour ago. 

5 minutes ago, Gilroy34 said:

I have always said the tiny amount of folks who were violent should be proscecuted so no idea what you are talking about.  Looting refers to widespread theft like the thugs at the summer riots, not Jan 6th.

Your definitions seem to be malleable :lol:

The people at the Capitol were rioters, thugs, what have you. These are all awful things.

Please join the rest of the country in admonishing these people, being critical of the lies that led to it, acknowledging Trump's role in this and we can all move on.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, The General said:

Your definitions seem to be malleable :lol:

The people at the Capitol were rioters, thugs, what have you. These are all awful things.

Please join the rest of the country in admonishing these people, being critical of the lies that led to it, acknowledging Trump's role in this and we can all move on.

You forgot to mention white nationalism. *sarcasm*

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, whoknew said:

Dude - you just denied it within the last hour. Like its 10 posts up. We can see it.

Someone yak651 talked about looting at the capitol and you wrote, "What was being looted on Jan 6?"

The General then described the looting that was going on and you wrote, "Nah."

That was just an hour ago. 

That isn't looting.  One or two idiots stole something.  Looting is the hundreds of videos of countless thugs running out of stores with merchandise in their arms last summer.

Edited by Gilroy34
  • Laughing 1

15 minutes ago, Gilroy34 said:

Wait......so looting isnt looting if it's done on a micro scale but, it is looting when it's supposedly widespread during civic protests? That doesn't compute. Looting is looting no matter the scale. 

On a side note, I'm so sick and tired of whataboutisms. 99% of the time the whataboutisms aren't even the slightest bit comparable to begin with. I find such utter nonsense and refusal to engage in honest discussion frustrating. Disappointing also. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, bigbottom said:

Sorry, replace siege with “riot.” Your answer?

Why would it change my answer?  The police shooting citizens should be the absolute last resort.   IMO, we were not even close to there.  If the police ever shot an unarmed BLM protestor under any circumstance, even if they were actively engaged in assaulting an office, a lot of people in this forum would be outraged.  

8 minutes ago, Ruffrodys05 said:

Wait......so looting isnt looting if it's done on a micro scale but, it is looting when it's supposedly widespread during civic protests? That doesn't compute. Looting is looting no matter the scale. 

On a side note, I'm so sick and tired of whataboutisms. 99% of the time the whataboutisms aren't even the slightest bit comparable to begin with. I find such utter nonsense and refusal to engage in honest discussion frustrating. Disappointing also. 

It is silly to compare billions in looting and damages to millions.  One is like a 1000 times more.   But that was peaceful looting, so it is all good.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ruffrodys05 said:

What is frustrating is all the people who called riots peaceful for a whole year, only get outraged when Trump supporters do it.  It sickens me.  Pure foolish non sense.  

3 hours ago, bigbottom said:

Rules are and should be different when it comes to the U.S. President and the presidential line of succession. President Trump’s life is more important than yours or mine

You have shown yourself to be a humble, compassionate, person who has worked tirelessly for those that need it the most.  The world would be a much better place if the rest of us were more like you. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jon_mx said:

What is frustrating is all the people who called riots peaceful for a whole year, only get outraged when Trump supporters do it.  It sickens me.  Pure foolish non sense.  

..which was a tiny % of people, but I am sure was amplified on your newsfeeds all summer.   

Nobody in here was in favor of the looting/violence/destruction, but you come in here and rant like people in here were.   Why not go complain to the people who were saying that stuff?   

It's amusing watching you guys play the gotcha/whatabout game with with people who weren't saying that stuff.   

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

It is silly to compare billions in looting and damages to millions.  One is like a 1000 times more.   But that was peaceful looting, so it is all good.  

Is that more or less silly to compare one afternoons events to months long protests across many cities?

Just trying to gauge how much you are actually trying to deflect.

6 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

Find me one person on this board who said all of the riots of all last summer were peaceful.

Just one.

1 minute ago, moleculo said:

Is that more or less silly to compare one afternoons events to months long protests across many cities?

Just trying to gauge how much you are actually trying to deflect.

...and of course not taking into account why they were there, what they were protesting, what they were trying to stop, or who was egging them on.  

2 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

That is strange, I find your hypocrisy colossal.  

I honestly dont believe I've been a hypocrite at all but, oh well, you are entitled to your opinion. If I have been hypocritical it certainly wasn't on a colossal scale. I do apologize if indeed I have been. I make concerted efforts to avoid such criticism so I can assure you my apology is sincere.

2 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

...and of course not taking into account why they were there, what they were protesting, what they were trying to stop, or who was egging them on.  

Yes. This always needs to be repeated.

Losing President, can't take an L because of some admitted short coming he has., organizes a rally based on months of lies fed to the masses, they riot at the Capitol on his behalf.

It's banana republic stuff.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, moleculo said:

Find me one person on this board who said all of the riots of all last summer were peaceful.

Just one.

Might as well grab a seat. You’ll be waiting awhile. 

17 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

Wow, finally agreeing that it was Trump supporters rioting Jan 6th, now we’re getting somewhere!

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

5 minutes ago, The General said:

Yes. This always needs to be repeated.

Losing President, can't take an L because of some admitted short coming he has., organizes a rally based on months of lies fed to the masses, they riot at the Capitol on his behalf.

It's banana republic stuff.

You know this was his plan in 2016, he was just shocked by enough Dems and Independents voting for him over Hillary that he had to wait 4 years to do it

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, yak651 said:

You know this was his plan in 2016, he was just shocked by enough Dems and Independents voting for him over Hillary that he had to wait 4 years to do it

He was using the same script that's for sure.

45 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

Why would it change my answer?  The police shooting citizens should be the absolute last resort.   IMO, we were not even close to there.  If the police ever shot an unarmed BLM protestor under any circumstance, even if they were actively engaged in assaulting an office, a lot of people in this forum would be outraged.  

Change your answer?  You didn’t answer my question at all. It was the one where you took issue with my use of the word siege. 

42 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

Drink!

Also, all the people?  Let’s name names in here if you’re going to be all “sickened”.  Do I sicken you?  Because I never called the riots peaceful for a whole year. If not me, then who?  Specifically who?  Because your constant generalized expressions of disgust for other posters completely undermine your persuasiveness.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, yak651 said:

Wow, finally agreeing that it was Trump supporters rioting Jan 6th, now we’re getting somewhere!

It always heart-warming to see people lie and other people like it.  I have never said they weren't Trump supporters.  

4 minutes ago, bigbottom said:

Drink!

Also, all the people?  Let’s name names in here if you’re going to be all “sickened”.  Do I sicken you?  Because I never called the riots peaceful for a whole year. If not me, then who?  Specifically who?  Because your constant generalized expressions of disgust for other posters completely undermine your persuasiveness.

I was very clear about what sickens me.  There was no generalizations about it.   

52 minutes ago, moleculo said:

Just one.

TIM:  "As usual the mainstream media got it right: What happened last summer was peaceful protests organized by Black Lives Matter, sometimes followed by riots looting  by thugs with no connection to Black Lives Matter"

8 hours ago, jon_mx said:

In house democrats eyes all if not most Republicans are white nationalists.  Cerainly all Trump supporters are as countless bans in this forum can attest to.  The only thing the report will do is characterize Ashli Babbitt as a far-rightwing extremist kook and will place all the blame for her death at the hands of Trump.  I know this because this is the Democratic playbook.  It never changes.  

You aren’t fond on somebody doing the same partisan thing day after day, blaming the other side, spewing vitriol and being hypocritical?  Sucks when somebody does that.  

• Thinking 1

5 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

TIM:  "As usual the mainstream media got it right: What happened last summer was peaceful protests organized by Black Lives Matter, sometimes followed by riots looting  by thugs with no connection to Black Lives Matter"

So Tim is one of “all the people” who sicken you? I think it’s absurd for you to be sickened or disgusted by Tim of all people, but I give you credit for finally being a bit forthright on who specifically you are talking about. 

9 minutes ago, bigbottom said:

So Tim is one of “all the people” who sicken you? I think it’s absurd for you to be sickened or disgusted by Tim of all people, but I give you credit for finally being a bit forthright on who specifically you are talking about. 

You moving the goalposts. The poster asked him to find him just one poster that said that and he did.

1 hour ago, jon_mx said:

Shooting unarmed BLM protestors is only okay if you're a 17-year old, girl-hitting, non member of the police department.  We defend the hell out of those folks here, Jon. 

9 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

There was a fair amount of that going on. I can’t speak for everywhere, but locally here in Oakland a lot, if not the vast majority of the looting was done miles from the protests as opportunists took advantage of the concentrated police presence at the largely peaceful protests. I hope they found and prosecuted every last one of those people doing smash n grabs.

I also see a major distinction between rioting because a president and his cronies perpetuate a baseless lie in order to overturn democracy and rioting because the world is outraged over the sickening video of a police officer casually murdering a black man over a fake $20 bill. I can empathize with the BLM rioters even if I strongly disagree with their methods, but I cannot do the same for the Jan 6th crowd.

I also saw a lot of peaceful protests last summer that turned violent because the police escalated the situation when there was no need to. People protesting against the militarization of police getting shot at with tear gas and rubber bullets and getting bashed with riot shields from police in full body armor. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

This quote says the violent riots are not connected to the peaceful protests. It disconnects the cause from the opportunists who took advantage of the chaos.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

He did. But it was more of a backhanded compliment then it was anything else

It was an acknowledgment that he was being forthright about who he was talking about. I’ve stated here in the PSF on multiple occasions that generalized accusations of hypocrisy are ineffective, unpersuasive, and largely toxic to a productive discussion. Because hypocrisy is by its very nature an individualized trait. If I take a position on something that is inconsistent with a position taken by someone else who may share some or most of my political views, that’s not hypocrisy. So when Jon says he’s sickened and disgusted by people who are outraged by January 6, but “called the summer riots peaceful for a whole year,” it helps to know who specifically in the PSF he’s talking about.

• Like 1

And for the record:

The vast majority of the protesters involved in the BLM protests were peaceful. There were some, however, who engaged in criminal acts. Maybe they were motivated by the protests, or maybe they simply took advantage of the situation. Either way, I hope that law enforcement is able to bring the offenders to justice and believe that they should expend resources in order to do so. 

The vast majority of the protesters involved in the January 6 protests were peaceful. There were some, however, who engaged in criminal acts. Maybe they were motivated by the protests, or maybe they simply took advantage of the situation. Either way, I hope that law enforcement is able to bring the offenders to justice and believe that they should expend resources in order to do so. 

Edited by bigbottom
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bigbottom said:

And for the record:

The vast majority of the protesters involved in the BLM protests were peaceful. There were some, however, who engaged in criminal acts. Maybe they were motivated by the protests, or maybe they simply took advantage of the situation. Either way, I hope that law enforcement is able to bring the offenders to justice and believe that they should expend resources in order to do so. 

The vast majority of the protesters involved in the January 6 protests were peaceful. There were some, however, who engaged in criminal acts. Maybe they were motivated by the protests, or maybe they simply took advantage of the situation. Either way, I hope that law enforcement is able to bring the offenders to justice and believe that they should expend resources in order to do so. 

Well ####, that was easy!

3 hours ago, jon_mx said:

This straw man you keep beating is indestructible.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bigbottom said:

Really?  The leftwing media along with big tech which in my opinion is the root of much of the evil in this country and Tim defends them and believes they have no bias.  Tim will then blame the right-wing media for generating all this hate without realizing the right-wing media is really just a natural counter action to the lies and distortion of the leftwing media.  

The media distorts the news in a way which villianizes people on the right and does not present any real coverage of their side of the issue.  This is made worse now with big tech actively censoring the opinions of people on the right.  People on the right are unrepresented in the mainstream media and are being shut out of social media.  It is leading to much of the animosity that this country is experiencing.  

The left's solution to the problem is of course to enlist the power of the government to surpress speech even more and use the educational system to brainwash children into their line of thinking.  Instead of solving the problem., this is amplifying the level of anger and frustration.   The political divide is headed towards a disaster.  

Of course most in here will think the above is crazy and will mock it endlessly.  But therein lies the problem.  There is zero understanding or honesty in political discourse today.  Just a #### ton of one-sided snarkiness.  

6 hours ago, jon_mx said:

And it was a "civic protest"  Not a riot.  Get your terms correct.

Mostly peaceful too

16 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

I see we're back to deflecting to the BLM riots. Guess that's what you get when you can't acknowledge the big lie and the subsequent riot to stop democracy.

Great strawman with BLM :thumbup:

There is no deflection.  In this country people are suppose to be treated equally.  But Demicrats want different rules depending on the politics. 

• Laughing 1