Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

January 6th - what will happen?

Maik Jeaunz

3 hours ago, jon_mx said:

They wanted to get inside to have lawmakers hear their voices.  The objects (the flagpole, extinguisher, bear spray) were outside.  You don't think similar crap dies not happen at other protests?   

This is false.  There is video of bear spray being used on the cops inside. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Sammy3469 said:

I'm not sure why the logic is someone needs guns to have intent.  I mean isn't beating police officers intent?

The insurrectionists weren't idiots.  They know just as well as you and I do that walking onto those grounds with weapons is a felony with a STIFF penalty.  Don't believe me?  Believe them.  They've admitted as much.  The goal was to get away with as much as possible without crossing that felony line.  That's crystal clear to anyone who wants to see it.  Again, don't take my word for it.  Take theirs.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, FairWarning said:
6 hours ago, AAABatteries said:

Come on man - Trump daily was intentionally divisive and never threw out an olive branch to all Americans.  Comparing the two on this topic ridiculous.

Biden is all talk, no action on this.  Agree with your take on trump

I agree with you on this, but It's still pretty nice to at least have the talk.

4 hours ago, jon_mx said:

The guy he shot in the arm had a gun in his hand and stated to a buddy he intended to shoot Rittenhouse.  The first guy was a known psychopath who was screaming at Rittenhouse and chasing him down and then grab his gun before Rittenhouse shot him.  So 2 of the 3 pretty clearly had intent to kill.  The third guy had struck Rittenhouse across the head with his skateboard. He was the nicest one. 

:lmao: @ the fact that you consider the skateboard a weapon, but don't consider anyone at the Capitol armed.

(just to be clear, I also consider a skateboard a weapon in this instance)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jon_mx said:

When you get bent out of shape about a truth about the police not being prepared for a known event, you cross the line into hackery.  I defend free speech and equal treatment of people.  I can't comprehend why the left hates those so much. 

In no universe is storming your way into the US Capitol free speech.  This is not debatable.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Dickies said:
5 hours ago, jon_mx said:

The guy he shot in the arm had a gun in his hand and stated to a buddy he intended to shoot Rittenhouse.  The first guy was a known psychopath who was screaming at Rittenhouse and chasing him down and then grab his gun before Rittenhouse shot him.  So 2 of the 3 pretty clearly had intent to kill.  The third guy had struck Rittenhouse across the head with his skateboard. He was the nicest one. 

:lmao: @ the fact that you consider the skateboard a weapon, but don't consider anyone at the Capitol armed.

(just to be clear, I also consider a skateboard a weapon in this instance)

He was mentally ill, unarmed, and was released from a hospital that day.   The plastic bag he threw at Rittenhouse contained a toothbrush and deodorant.  After Rittenhouse murdered him, anyone in the crowd had the legal right to try to subdue Rittenhouse.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, urbanhack said:

I also believe that DC gun laws were widely communicated leading up to Jan. 6. which probably was the reason almost nobody was carrying.

https://laddeveritt.medium.com/d-c-gun-laws-prevented-a-massacre-on-january-6-917fdfbcc19b

Lol...let's overthrow the government!  

Awesome idea!  But let's not break any gun laws while we commit treason. 

• Laughing 1

2 hours ago, The Commish said:

The insurrectionists weren't idiots.  They know just as well as you and I do that walking onto those grounds with weapons is a felony with a STIFF penalty.  Don't believe me?  Believe them.  They've admitted as much.  The goal was to get away with as much as possible without crossing that felony line.  That's crystal clear to anyone who wants to see it.  Again, don't take my word for it.  Take theirs.

But that is the exact point. Outside a few agitators, the people were trying to legally protest. 

50 minutes ago, -fish- said:

He was mentally ill, unarmed, and was released from a hospital that day.   The plastic bag he threw at Rittenhouse contained a toothbrush and deodorant.  After Rittenhouse murdered him, anyone in the crowd had the legal right to try to subdue Rittenhouse.

A psychopath is mentally ill.  Before spending a month in the hospital, he was in jail for beating his girlfriend.  He spent almost he whole adult life in prison for various sex offenses and violent acts.  The guy was pushing a flaming dumpster towards a populated gas station just moments before he started to chase Rittenhouse. 

1 minute ago, jon_mx said:

A psychopath is mentally ill.  Before spending a month in the hospital, he was in jail for beating his girlfriend.  He spent almost he whole adult life in prison for various sex offenses and violent acts.  The guy was pushing a flaming dumpster towards a populated gas station just moments before he started to chase Rittenhouse. 

How do you push a flaming dumpster without injuring yourself?  

• Laughing 1

13 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

I'm sure Rittenhouse did an extensive background check before murdering him.

37 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

Before murdering two people and shooting another while playing vigilante, Rittenhouse was previously caught on video punching a teenage girl.    The guy has a history of violence, was illegally armed, and was looking for someone to shoot.  

2 minutes ago, -fish- said:

Before murdering two people and shooting another while playing vigilante, Rittenhouse was previously caught on video punching a teenage girl.    The guy has a history of violence, was illegally armed, and was looking for someone to shoot.  

Typical backwards hat guy behavior @Aaron Rudnicki

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Dickies said:

I'm sure Rittenhouse did an extensive background check before murdering him.

Rittenhouse did not pick Risenbaum. Rosenbaum picked Rittenhouse to attack. And self-defense is not murder, which the jury will eventually rule after this ridiculous trial.

55 minutes ago, -fish- said:

He was defending his younger sister who was being bullied by an older girl.  Not a great look, but he had not spent 10 years in prison on dozens of various charges like your lovely Rosenbaum character did. 

1 hour ago, General Malaise said:

You gotta be kiddin me.....that dumpster when about 10 feet before it stopped.  I saw nobody in immediate danger.  The idiot who pushed it should be arrested, not murdered.

He was not killed for starting on fire and pushing a dumpster.  He was killed for attacking Rittenhouse unprovoked and trying to take his weapon away..

6 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

Rittenhouse did not pick Risenbaum. Rosenbaum picked Rittenhouse to attack. And self-defense is not murder, which the jury will eventually rule after this ridiculous trial.

Nope. There is no video evidence of Rittenhouse shooting Rosenbaum in self defense. NONE.

Just like there was no video evidence that George Zimmerman shot Treyvon Martin in self defense either. NONE. Your hero Zimmerman got lucky with a favorable jury. Hopefully Kyle will get his just desserts. 

1 hour ago, General Malaise said:

You gotta be kiddin me.....that dumpster when about 10 feet before it stopped.  I saw nobody in immediate danger.  The idiot who pushed it should be arrested, not murdered.

Large fire...gas station...no danger there.  

1 hour ago, jon_mx said:

Mrs. Lincoln, why did the people attending the play shoot your husband?  

Ooh, good question...which is it?

A) Lincoln was shot purely because Fords Theatre didn't have adequate security. 

B) Wilkes Booth was exercising his free speech.

• Thinking 1

12 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

He was not killed for starting on fire and pushing a dumpster.  He was killed for attacking Rittenhouse unprovoked and trying to take his weapon away..

Looked to me like Rosenbaum was pushing that dumpster away from a crowd of people to defend them from danger.  Didn't deserve to be murdered by a criminal who possessed an illegal firearm past curfew. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jon_mx said:

26 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

I'm having a hard time reconciling this.

8 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Looked to me like Rosenbaum was pushing that dumpster away from a crowd of people to defend them from danger.  Didn't deserve to be murdered by a criminal who possessed an illegal firearm past curfew. 

I'm not sure where the dumpster fits into the overall timeline, but Rosenbaum definitely got in Rittenhouse's face, but was also unarmed... I guess if he intended to murder Rittenhouse he was going to turn Rittenhouse's weapon against him.  Rosenbaum was a punk who displayed some shameful behavior that night, but having watched the video of him getting shot, I didn't get the impression he was attempting to murder Rittenhouse.

10 minutes ago, Dickies said:

I'm not sure where the dumpster fits into the overall timeline, but Rosenbaum definitely got in Rittenhouse's face, but was also unarmed... I guess if he intended to murder Rittenhouse he was going to turn Rittenhouse's weapon against him.  Rosenbaum was a punk who displayed some shameful behavior that night, but having watched the video of him getting shot, I didn't get the impression he was attempting to murder Rittenhouse.

Was he looking to shake his hand as he screamed at him as he was chasing him down?  There is no way to know for certain, but when someone angerly chases you down while you possess a gun and then tries to take you gun away, I am not going to take my chances that this guy has friendly intentions.  There was 100 percent intent to harm Rittenhouse.  Whether he would have actually shot him is about 50-50.   

Edited by jon_mx
  • Like 1

On 7/13/2021 at 12:19 AM, jon_mx said:

Of course most in here will think the above is crazy and will mock it endlessly.  But therein lies the problem.  There is zero understanding or honesty in political discourse today.  Just a #### ton of one-sided snarkiness.  

So it took you all of 24hrs to contradict your own rant.  Well done.  

10 hours ago, jon_mx said:

Full stop on what, the truth.  Typical leftist.  You are trying to tell me the police were prepared?  Your head is full of lies and distortions. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

So it took you all of 24hrs to contradict your own rant.  Well done.  

I was responded to a snarky reply.  How was my reply snarky.  I was being told I was full of crap and to shut up about a statement that was a reasonable statement about the situation and that the police union agrees with.  The police leadership did not prepare the police for the event which they were warned about.  

Just now, jon_mx said:

Rosenbaum being shot was more clearly justified than Babbitt.  

Now it wasn't. We have visual evidence of Babbitt trying to breach the House chambers. It is unclear that Rittenhouse was in any actual danger from Rosenbaum. 

16 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

I was responded to a snarky reply.  How was my reply snarky.  I was being told I was full of crap and to shut up about a statement that was a reasonable statement about the situation and that the police union agrees with.  The police leadership did not prepare the police for the event which they were warned about.  

You replying to snarkiness has nothing to do with it.  YOU said “There is zero understanding or honesty in political discourse today.  Just a #### ton of one-sided snarkiness.” and then were snarky.  🤷🏻‍♂️

And if you don’t see how your reply was snarky, well that just might be part of the problem. 

13 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

You replying to snarkiness has nothing to do with it.  YOU said “There is zero understanding or honesty in political discourse today.  Just a #### ton of one-sided snarkiness.” and then were snarky.  🤷🏻‍♂️

And if you don’t see how your reply was snarky, well that just might be part of the problem. 

I really don't.  My response was factual and accurate with a reasonable assessment, and to be responded to with a 'full stop' is the exact ignorant one-sided non-sense I was referring to.  

25 minutes ago, squistion said:
28 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

Rosenbaum being shot was more clearly justified than Babbitt.  

Now it wasn't. We have visual evidence of Babbitt trying to breach the House chambers. It is unclear that Rittenhouse was in any actual danger from Rosenbaum. 

This is where I find it hard to believe that a rational person could make a post like this.

One is a teenager illegally carrying a weapon, out after curfew, who crossed state lines to go point his gun at a bunch of protestors and ends up murdering two people and shooting a third, none of whom seemed to pose a danger to anyone until he became involved.  He is now being charged with 2 counts of murder and 1 count of attempted murder.

One is a trained LEO protecting members of our government in the midst of being evacuated due to a mob targeting that same body of our government.  Oh, and after a full investigation the officer was cleared of any wrongdoing.  Republican members of the Senate Oversight Committee went out of their way to make sure that they got into the record that the officer had acted appropriately.  

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, -fish- said:

This is where I find it hard to believe that a rational person could make a post like this.

One is a teenager illegally carrying a weapon, out after curfew, who crossed state lines to go point his gun at a bunch of protestors and ends up murdering two people and shooting a third, none of whom seemed to pose a danger to anyone until he became involved.  He is now being charged with 2 counts of murder and 1 count of attempted murder.

One is a trained LEO protecting members of our government in the midst of being evacuated due to a mob targeting that same body of our government.  Oh, and after a full investigation the officer was cleared of any wrongdoing.  Republican members of the Senate Oversight Committee went out of their way to make sure that they got into the record that the officer had acted appropriately.  

A rational person who actually saw the video of Babbitt being shot. Shouldn't be that difficult to comprehend.

27 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

I really don't.  My response was factual and accurate with a reasonable assessment, and to be responded to with a 'full stop' is the exact ignorant one-sided non-sense I was referring to.  

Jon if you don’t see how calling someone a “total leftist“ who’s “head is full of lies and distortions” is snarky I don’t know what to tell you.  

Respectfully I propose, if you actually care about what you were ranting about, some self reflection. 

10 hours ago, yak651 said:

Only one "side" is fed misinformation?  This entire thing started because of people being fed misinformation by a person at the highest level of power

Yep to all of this. I expect (unfortunately)  misinformation by social media and most media (thank baby Jebus for Reuters and AP). But when the US president is neck deep in dangerous lies that undermine democracy? That is some dangerous territory. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kwille said:

Yep to all of this. I expect (unfortunately)  misinformation by social media and most media (thank baby Jebus for Reuters and AP). But when the US president is neck deep in dangerous lies that undermine democracy? That is some dangerous territory. 

Yep really wish face book never would've came about or somehow it limited content to individual updates and never got into the "news" or information areas.  Now everyone thinks they have all the facts because they saw a meme on facebook, it's so sad what social media has caused but there is no "putting it back in the box" now.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, -fish- said:

So many lies here..  Rittenhouse did not point a gun at anyone.  Rosenbaum was trying to pick fights with the militia types the whole night.  He saw Rittenhouse,  whom he had no previous interactions with, walking alone and saw an opportunity.  Rosenbaum starting screaming at Rittenhouse unprovoked and then started in hot pursuit.  Your characterization is utterly ridiculous.  Congrats on getting to squistiin level.