What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

January 6th - what will happen? (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Trump supporting neighbors are participating in a “national strike” on Wednesday. They will shut their business down and won’t go anywhere. Supposedly they will be joined by “millions of Patriots in every state.” 
Aren't most businesses in Southern California shut down anyway?

My Trump supporting neighbors are participating in a “national strike” on Wednesday. They will shut their business down and won’t go anywhere. Supposedly they will be joined by “millions of Patriots in every state.” 
That will show em...what...I don't know.

Cool, commute will be easier.  👍

Trump puts pressure on Pence ahead of election showdown in Congress

But White House officials tell Fox News that Pence will ‘follow the law’ on Wednesday

White House officials on Tuesday afternoon told Fox News chief White House correspondent John Roberts that the vice president "is taking a very diligent and studious approach to his job tomorrow. He has consulted at length with staff. He has gone through the Electoral Count Act several times. He has read legal opinions, met with the Senate parliamentarian and consulted with outside experts on the subject matter."

But those officials add that "the vice president will follow the law. He will act tomorrow with fidelity to the law and the Constitution."

The General said:
I would punch myself in the face until unconscious.
Would really suck if you were just on that plane trying to get home, or travelling for business.   Or if you were that woman's husband.

• Laughing
Reactions: JAA
Last edited by a moderator:
Trump and the far right will embarrass themselves most likely.  The rest of the conservatives hopefully move on from this and rebuild the party or start a new one.  

Trump and the far right will embarrass themselves most likely.  The rest of the conservatives hopefully move on from this and rebuild the party or start a new one.  
I think this is the start you are looking for:

Liz Cheney @Liz_Cheney · 54m

We have sworn an oath under God to defend the Constitution. We uphold that oath at all times, not only when it is politically convenient.

Congress has no authority to overturn elections by objecting to electors. Doing so steals power from the states & violates the Constitution.

It’s amazing to me that these guys watched what happened in Georgia last night and still plan to go through with this nonsense.  Incredible really.
The Republican party under Trump's leadership has been full of nonsense and it has cost them the presidency, congress and now apparently the senate.  At least they still have the Supreme Court I guess...

Fairly right-wing guy I know that works in DC for federal security agency has been told not to come to work today, expected to be too dangerous.
Meh - hopefully just precautionary.

Congress was also told to keep off the streets of DC.

People are angry, and they are going to vent.  With a little luck and patience that's all this amounts to.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-trump-fans-chant-traitor-at-mitt-romney-on-flight-from-salt-lake-city-to-washington-dc-2020-01-05/
Say this posted on social media

“A flight attendant friend was on a flight of  MAGgots and the pilot had to threaten them to get them to shut up! All were yelling 4 more years! He told them he’d stop in Tennessee for the night if they didn’t shut up! They stopped!“
Never understood this mindset in politics.  Most of those people probably voted for Romney in 2012.

• Smile
I saw a periscope and there are in fact a ton of people in DC.  I'm surprised how many.

But in the end, what are they going to do?  A little rioting, a little chanting.  Worst-case scenario a little window smashing?  

Last edited by a moderator:
Lin Wood @LLinWood

MUST BE DONE LIST before Congress meets today:

1. Mike Pence @vp @Mike_Pence must resign & thereafter be charged with TREASON.

2. Rod Rosenstein @RodRosenstein must be arrested & charged with being accessory to murder & TREASON.

3. Chief Justice John Roberts must RESIGN.

So, apparently in Q land, the story dropped last night that Pence and Rosnestein were in on the Seth Rich murder, and that they are part of the coup, where Pence would appoint Rosenstein as VP.

:oldunsure:

Lin Wood @LLinWood

2. Rod Rosenstein @RodRosenstein must be arrested & charged with being accessory to murder & TREASON.

So, apparently in Q land, the story dropped last night that Pence and Rosnestein were in on the Seth Rich murder, and that they are part of the coup, where Pence would appoint Rosenstein as VP.

I like how he puts the hashtags in so that they can get the message. Hey Mike Pence, you need to resign so that we can charge you with treason- we can’t charge you until you resign so get with the program OK? 

Never understood this mindset in politics.  Most of those people probably voted for Romney in 2012.
I don't think it is as normal to politics...seems Trump the outlier that he has gained and kept this much support.  That people who were all in on one candidate, now are so much to the next to the point of calling their previous guy a traitor (or other names Mitt has been called even here by those who supported him the most).

I don't think it is as normal to politics...seems Trump the outlier that he has gained and kept this much support.  That people who were all in on one candidate, now are so much to the next to the point of calling their previous guy a traitor (or other names Mitt has been called even here by those who supported him the most).
Yeah.  I get souring on a candidate (I think most D's don't really view the Clintons very favorably anymore)....but Romney, to me, comes across as good guy and a Republican's Republican.  

Meh - hopefully just precautionary.

Congress was also told to keep off the streets of DC.

People are angry, and they are going to vent.  With a little luck and patience that's all this amounts to.
They did have some clashes with police last night. Link I guess we will see if any more today.

I saw a periscope and there are in fact a ton of people in DC.  I'm surprised how many.

But in the end, what are they going to do?  A little rioting, a little chanting.  Worst-case scenario a little window smashing?  
Worst case scenario is counter protesters show up and we get a bunch of rittenhouse scenarios. 

• Sad
Lin Wood @LLinWood

And listen to the silence from the leadership on the right about that...and from Trump supporters (looking at the comments, many are cheering that behavior on).

Seems unwise for an attorney to continue to bash an SC Justice like this

Lin Wood @LLinWood

He may need to switch to decaf.

Worst case scenario is counter protesters show up and we get a bunch of rittenhouse scenarios. 
Honestly - I hope for no counter-protests, and very limited police involvement.

I believe that sometimes its best to just let people vent, and get it out of their system - without further aggravation.

• Smile

I believe that sometimes its best to just let people vent, and get it out of their system - without further aggravation.
Yeah any leftist organizations should definitely stay away.  Trump supporters aren't going to start fighting themselves, so stay away and let them have their anger, get over it, and go home.

I agree with all of this, but I'd imagine that any counter-protesters are people who are equally fed up with what's going on. We're all sick of Trump's rhetoric at this point and are angry at the daylight coup attempts that are being made. There's a lot of unrest right now and only one person has the power to calm it.

Yeah you're probably right.  I was thinking big picture in terms of them "taking over the country".  The people there literally want a coup, but they don't know how to go about it (because there isn't really a legitimate way for it to happen)

But yeah, I hope counter protesters don't show up, especially later, because then some serious violence could happen.  

I agree with all of this, but I'd imagine that any counter-protesters are people who are equally fed up with what's going on. We're all sick of Trump's rhetoric at this point and are angry at the daylight coup attempts that are being made. There's a lot of unrest right now and only one person has the power to calm it.
Like anything in life, there's a right way and a wrong way to handle things.  Being frustrated and sick of Trump is one thing.  Going to Washington to engage and counter protest and look for fights, seems like a juvenile way to handle things.  

Like anything in life, there's a right way and a wrong way to handle things.  Being frustrated and sick of Trump is one thing.  Going to Washington to engage and counter protest and look for fights, seems like a juvenile way to handle things.  
I don't disagree and I'm comfortably sitting at my desk at work this morning instead of protesting in DC. But there are a lot of frustrated people on both sides. You have one side who's been led to believe their votes were stolen and another who's sick of hearing about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread