What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

January 6th - what will happen? (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've liked him ever since I heard him as a guest on "Wait Wait Don't Tell Me" a few years ago.  :lol:   But I've been disappointed that he hasn't been more outspoken in his opposition to Trump.  Brilliant, likable guy, though.  I hope he'll have a strong future for the Republicans.
I voted for him for the simple reason he was standing up to Trump before the election and Trump started calling him "little Ben Sasse."

I have not been disappointed.  

The house is back, ready to certify Arizona. Then I guess it’s on to Arkansas?  I can’t believe the idiots are going to object and demand break outs for all the swing states where they lost all their lawsuits.

Starting to see reports of multiple White House staff resignations following todays events.
Once the ship goes under the waves there's really nothing left to do but start swimming.

Anyone of note?

ETA:  

Jim Acosta @Acosta 3m
WH deputy press Secretary Sarah Matthews has resigned.

Brian Tyler Cohen @briantylercohen
BREAKING: White House Social Secretary Rickie Niceta has resigned.

Brian Tyler Cohen @briantylercohen
BREAKING: Melania Trump's chief of staff has resigned amid today's insurrection at the Capitol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Once the ship goes under the waves there's really nothing left to do but start swimming.

Anyone of note?

ETA:  

Jim Acosta @Acosta 3m
WH deputy press Secretary Sarah Matthews has resigned.

Brian Tyler Cohen
@briantylercohen 8m
BREAKING: White House Social Secretary Rickie Niceta has resigned.

Brian Tyler Cohen @briantylercohen
BREAKING: Melania Trump's chief of staff has resigned amid today's insurrection at the Capitol.
Now the pearl clutching starts...these individuals don’t get any credit at this point.  They enabled him and are responsible.

Hannity trying to cover for gop
The talking point is, yes those people who broke in to the Capitol aren't patriots but the real thing we should be discussing is why did all these people show up to D.C. today?  He and Tucker both asked that almost verbatim.

The answer is obviously because a madman spent the last 4 years lying to them and convinced them to give their money to a supposed billionaire and to try and help overturn an election......but they ignored that answer.

Now the pearl clutching starts...these individuals don’t get any credit at this point.  They enabled him and are responsible.
I feel that way about all of the Republicans who didn't oppose Trump before today.  FOX too.  The list of people who helped get us here today is long, and it's been a long time coming.  Probably starting with Newt in it's modern incarnation.

Hawley doesn't deserve to talk - he didn't call for violence but he instigated the nuts who did.
He spent weeks telling people the election was rigged and brought in witnesses.  And then admitted the people he puts on his show are not vetted.

Hawley doesn't deserve to talk - he didn't call for violence but he instigated the nuts who did.
Per CNN (emphasis added to match the headline):

The Kansas City Star writes:

"No one other than President Donald Trump himself is more responsible for Wednesday’s coup attempt at the U.S. Capitol than one Joshua David Hawley, the 41-year-old junior senator from Missouri, who put out a fundraising appeal while the siege was underway.  This, Sen. Hawley, is what law-breaking and destruction look like. This is what mobs do. This is not a protest, but a riot. One woman was shot and has died, The Washington Post reported, while lawmakers were sheltering in place.  No longer can it be asked, as George Will did recently of Hawley, 'Has there ever been such a high ratio of ambition to accomplishment?' Hawley’s actions in the last week had such impact that he deserves an impressive share of the blame for the blood that’s been shed."

They should just acknowledge that the vote isn’t going to be over turned and agree to have a commission to review election rules and processes going forward with no review of 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread