Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

January 6th - what will happen?

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The President told MAGA to do it MAGA said they were going to do it MAGA filmed themselves doing it Afterwards, MAGA bragged about it Clearly, it was ANTIFA’s fault

So they're finally following the CDC guidelines for the pandemic?

One is an ugly, decrepit wasteland ruled by an assortment of villains hoping to impose their will on peace-loving people everywhere who otherwise just want to be left alone to tend to their gardens.

16 minutes ago, fruity pebbles said:

Can’t imagine having the gall to object after today’s events. You really still want to be in his corner? 

They're pot committed and throwing all their eggs in the "scoop up the crazies once Trump is gone" basket.  Its not loyalty to Trump himself. Its ambition and a desire to fill the power vacuum that will be left when he's gone. 

I had no illusions that Ted Cruz was a decent person, so none of this bothers me.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Just now, fruity pebbles said:

So Hawley isn’t even going to speak reportedly. What’s the point? 

be on record one more time for a case of the butthurts.  think they earn some disability pay after having so many.

3 minutes ago, fruity pebbles said:

So Hawley isn’t even going to speak reportedly. What’s the point? 

The only point there ever was. Putting it into the record so he can court Trump voters. You really think he honestly cares?

3 minutes ago, Shatner! said:

The only point there ever was. Putting it into the record so he can court Trump voters. You really think he honestly cares?

I assume it’s also to give a bunch of R reps in the House their chance to grandstand as there’s a lot more diehards there. 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, fruity pebbles said:

Can’t imagine having the gall to object after today’s events. You really still want to be in his corner? 

Hawley pushing the chips all-in for 2024 out there.

• Like 1

Im so over the what about the blm amd antifa crap.  People claiming Biden was all for violent protest before.  Social media still flooded with misinformation and outright lies as well as now blaming today on Antifa. (Have Even see that here)

We are so divided still that a large amount of Americans wont believe facts when shown to them.  Its very very sad.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Steve Tasker said:

Hawley pushing the chips all-in for 2024 out there.

And will fail miserably. His role is this mess will not be forgotten especially this Pennsylvania challenge.

1 minute ago, expo86 said:

I'm unclear from the TV coverage -- are they going to finish the vote tonight or not?

I was thinking the same thing.  Just sat down and turned it on, I'm lost here.

55 minutes ago, Apple Jack said:

Four deaths now?

Looking at the demographic of the crowd, I bet many of them are heart attacks. This crowd had a large portion of elderly protestors who just stood around and held their signs and flags, but when the agitators did their thing, they got caught in this storm and paid the price. 

I could be wrong—just a sad day all Around. 

Edited by Courtjester

They’ll debate about Pennsylvania for up to 2 hours in each the Senate and the House.  The Senate decided to not debate and just go ahead and vote.  The people in the House want their time.

After the debate is over then the House will vote.  Then senators will come back into the chamber and Pennsylvania will be done.  Then they will complete the rest of the states and it will be over.

Edited by lakerstan
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, expo86 said:

I'm unclear from the TV coverage -- are they going to finish the vote tonight or not?

Yes. House will debate on Pa and vote. Which should take a while. But once PA is certified, it would then go fast, because Biden would have more than 270 before they get to Wisconsin. 

8 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Im so over the what about the blm amd antifa crap.  People claiming Biden was all for violent protest before.  Social media still flooded with misinformation and outright lies as well as now blaming today on Antifa. (Have Even see that here)

We are so divided still that a large amount of Americans wont believe facts when shown to them.  Its very very sad.

I'm so over the "if they were black they all would have been shot" and "they were just let into the Capitol and no one was arrested" narrative every black celebrity is tweeting right now.

They keep feeding the racism narrative even when almost none of this is about race.

1 minute ago, Ramsay Hunt Experience said:
6 minutes ago, expo86 said:

Yes. House will debate on Pa and vote. Which should take a while. But once PA is certified, it would then go fast, because Biden would have more than 270 before they get to Wisconsin. 

The Senate has adjourned. Are they going to un-adjourn in 2 hours?

5 minutes ago, Jayrod said:

I'm so over the "if they were black they all would have been shot" and "they were just let into the Capitol and no one was arrested" narrative every black celebrity is tweeting right now.

They keep feeding the racism narrative even when almost none of this is about race.

It's not about race, it's about the voters in large population centers who stole the election, right?

4 hours ago, the rover said:

Can issue prospective pardons for crimes you haven't been charged with, or even things that haven't been discovered yet.  Can't pardon you for future acts.   

I think You have to have the name of the specific person you are going to pardon. If so, investigation should proceed in such a way that names are not made public till Trump gone from office.

12 minutes ago, Jayrod said:

I realize symbols are important, but these politicians definitely seemed more concerned about their office than they did about the businesses or property people owned that was burnt or looted earlier in the year.  Par for the course as they pay about $150 a month for the same insurance policy that cost me $1000.

21 minutes ago, Courtjester said:

Looking at the demographic of the crowd, I bet many of them are heart attacks. This crowd had a large portion of elderly protestors who just stood around and held their signs and flags, but when the agitators did their thing, they got caught in this storm and paid the price. 

I could be wrong—just a sad day all Around. 

Thought I heard two of the deaths we're from falls.  One off the wall and another from the scaffolding.  

2 minutes ago, Bottomfeeder Sports said:

Lloyd Smucker - in my district the election happened flawlessly, just the way it should to elect me so I can be here today to tell you that the rest of Pennsylvania was illegal and unlawful.  

Or something relatively close to this.  

Not surprising.

WI objectors: Reps. Tom Tiffany and Scott Fitzgerald.  No surprise.  These guys are Scott Walker Q groupies.  

U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson and Reps. Bryan Steil, Glenn Grothman and Mike Gallagher voted against objecting.

Kudos again to Rep Gallagher for his amazing speech on MSNBC earlier today.

The guy that broke into Pelosi's office and took the pic with his feet on her desk, also stole her mail?  Guy seemed to be real proud bragging to the NYT.  Even talked about his PPP loan.  Nice job committing felonies and fraud and admitting to it all man, lol.

Edited by beef
4 minutes ago, beef said:

The guy that broke into Pelosi's office and took the pic with his feet on her desk, also stole her mail?  Guy seemed to be real proud bragging to the NYT.  Even talked about his PPP loan.  Nice job committing felonies and fraud and admitting to it all man, lol.

Antifa plant.  He was there to make Trumpers look bad 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, beef said:

Is he a planted antifa actor?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, EZD222 said:

Getting a little spicy in these late hours.

I’m watching MSNBC and they’re not showing much of the House debate. I did catch someone asking Pelosi when the best time to ‘strike something from the record’ and got a testy response. Anyone know what they was about?

6 minutes ago, Biff84 said:

I’m watching MSNBC and they’re not showing much of the House debate. I did catch someone asking Pelosi when the best time to ‘strike something from the record’ and got a testy response. Anyone know what they was about?

Conor Lamb apparently gave a death stare to and insinuated a congressman lied in his objection (don't know which one) and that specific congressman demanded it be stricken from record. Pelosi said no and either a bunch of folks walked out or got booted for being disruptive.

Edited by EZD222
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Biff84 said:

And will fail miserably. His role is this mess will not be forgotten especially this Pennsylvania challenge.

Noticed when Hawley was giving his speech, he fixed on the camera. The other Senators that I saw were to me speaking to their colleagues.

48 minutes ago, beef said:

Counting on that Trump pardon.

• Thanks 1