Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

January 6th - what will happen?

15 minutes ago, Jayrod said:

Which black person involved in a protest was shot this year by law enforcement?

It is a false assumption that black people would have been killed.  Honestly, based on what a lot of LE have expressed, they are more concerned with drawing a weapon on black people over the last year than other criminals for the same thing.  It is a false assumption, again with zero evidence.

I think most of yesterday was incompetence by the police by not being prepared but I personally believe it’s naive to think if this had been a BLM rally that they would have been better prepared and show more force which would potentially have dissipated things much sooner or led to a larger more violent clash between the police and protesters - including more people being shot.

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The President told MAGA to do it MAGA said they were going to do it MAGA filmed themselves doing it Afterwards, MAGA bragged about it Clearly, it was ANTIFA’s fault

One is an ugly, decrepit wasteland ruled by an assortment of villains hoping to impose their will on peace-loving people everywhere who otherwise just want to be left alone to tend to their gardens.

So they're finally following the CDC guidelines for the pandemic?

16 minutes ago, Death Bytes said:

That was his most damning declaration in his speech yesterday. 

Is there a recording of his speech anywhere? I haven't seen it yet but I also haven't looked real hard. Given he's the President I assume there was plenty of news coverage so it's got to be someplace.

9 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

Ashli Babbitt was not Antifa.

Richard Barnett in not Antifa.

Jake Angeli is not Antifa.

Yeah I have mutual facebook friends with that clown. Yay AZ. 

• Thanks 1

i listen to bbc world news in the morning and they were getting the reaction of different parts of the world and one stop was nigeria and they reported that the feeling there was that the usa has been in decline for the last four years and that what happened yesterday is more proof of that and another thing they said i found poignant was that this was a disheartening turn of events for places where people are striving for democracy to see the chaos at the us capitol and that basically our position as a shining city on a hill has been tarnished if not destroyed and that guys like putin were laughing with delight because it disincentives those who would seek to rise up against authoritarian regimes like his so basically this is what trumpism has brought to us take that to the bank brohans 

Edited by SWC
edited for gramer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3
3 minutes ago, beer 30 said:

Is there a recording of his speech anywhere? I haven't seen it yet but I also haven't looked real hard. Given he's the President I assume there was plenty of news coverage so it's got to be someplace.

I found it easily on YouTube yesterday. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 2Squirrels1Nut said:

NOTHING ends this with the exception of Trump himself admitting he has been lying.   I'm not sure how we get to that point. 

We don't ever get to that point.  I am not sure why you thought that was remotely possible.

44 minutes ago, the moops said:

This is the moment it all began. Seems like there was one cop who was trying his hardest - throwing some haymakers - the others sort of just let it happen. But they were way outnumbered, and it is disgracegul that they weren't better prepared for this.

https://twitter.com/PhilipinDC/status/1347028917685800961?s=20

That guy is a big over the top fan i bet..

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, 2Squirrels1Nut said:

NOTHING ends this with the exception of Trump himself admitting he has been lying.   I'm not sure how we get to that point. 

Has he ever admitted he has lied about anything? Perhaps he has but I don't recall it...

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

Are these two of the people that fell? 

Jake is the guy who was wearing the horns and the animal skin thingy. He's worn this to other events in AZ and associates himself with others I know to be ardent Trump-supporters, anti-maskers, likely Q followers, etc. 

ETA: The above assumes that the "deep state" hasn't hacked and modified facebook. Or that this guy has been an undercover antifa person for several years. 

Edited by Zow
  • Laughing 1
3 minutes ago, 36Kevon said:
22 minutes ago, the moops said:

GTFO with this. This is another example of the right using no evidence and running with a narrative

Its right there in the video. 

Yes, there is a skinny guy with a backpack. That is it. There is no evidence whatsoever that Antifa is part of it. Stop

• Like 8
51 minutes ago, the moops said:

This is the moment it all began. Seems like there was one cop who was trying his hardest - throwing some haymakers - the others sort of just let it happen. But they were way outnumbered, and it is disgracegul that they weren't better prepared for this.

https://twitter.com/PhilipinDC/status/1347028917685800961?s=20

So within the first 90 seconds, punches were being thrown between protestors and police and one officer was thrown on his back landing onto concrete stairs. 

Any court in the country would rule it was self defense if a bullet was fired during that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
4 minutes ago, the moops said:

Yes, there is a skinny guy with a backpack. That is it. There is no evidence whatsoever that Antifa is part of it. Stop

You called it a right wing narrative. Maybe it is, but, I didn’t hear that from anyone. I watched the video and came to that conclusion myself. I’d ask you to try it, but, you didn’t even know BLM people were armed at their “protests” this year so I’m not so sure you are familiar with the different groups. 

Edited by 36Kevon
Just now, 36Kevon said:

You called it a right wing narrative. Maybe it is, but, I didn’t hear that from anyone. I watched the video and can to that conclusion myself. I’d ask you to try it, but, you didn’t even know BLM people were armed at their “protests” this year so I’m not so sure you are familiar with the different groups. 

Just please stop/ 

• Like 5
47 minutes ago, 36Kevon said:

The skinny guys with black coats and black backpacks and never worn before maga hats are Antifa.  Watch the big guy in camo try to stop the aggressive one at 0:45 in the video. 

How could you possibly know this with any reasonable degree of certainty? WTF. 

Just now, Zow said:

Hannity, Ingraham and Carlson told him.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, SWC said:

i listen to bbc world news in the morning and they were getting the reaction of different parts of the world and one stop was nigeria and they reported that the feeling there was that the usa has been in decline for the last four years and that what happened yesterday is more proof of that and another thing they said i found poignant was that this was a disheartening turn of events for places where people are striving for democracy to see the chaos at the us capitol and that basically our position as a shining city on a hill has been tarnished if not destroyed and that guys like putin were laughing with delight because it disincentives those who would seek to rise up against authoritarian regimes like his so basically this is what trumpism has brought to us take that to the bank brohans 

My wife was on a video call with one of her employees yesterday who moved here from Belgium maybe 5 years ago. The woman said: “What did I get myself into moving here? America is not at all what I thought it was and just to give a heads up, I’ll be looking to move somewhere else first chance I find a job.” The woman won’t be here long, she’s a fairly talented engineer. 

• Sad 4
1 minute ago, Zow said:

Profiling. Been watching protests play out everyday all year.  Plus they have been regulars in my area for years. 

• Laughing 1
1 minute ago, urbanhack said:

Hannity, Ingraham and Carlson told him.

Next time I attend a Vikings game I'm going to accuse anybody wearing a new Vikings hat of being a Packers fan. 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1
1 minute ago, Ilov80s said:

Instagram and Facebook have banned Trump indefinitely 

Barr said it was a betrayal of office. Also known as treason? 

Link

Of course Barr did the same thing covering for Trump and letting him obstruct justice in the Mueller investigation. If he would have done his job Trump would have been removed then. 

• Like 2

:(

From MSNBC:

Trump just withdrew Chad Wolf's nomination to be the permanent DHS Secretary.

Just hours ago, Wolf released a statement saying: "I implore the President and all elected officials to strongly condemn the violence that took place yesterday."

1 minute ago, squistion said:

:(

From MSNBC:

Trump just withdrew Chad Wolf's nomination to be the permanent DHS Secretary.

Just hours ago, Wolf released a statement saying: "I implore the President and all elected officials to strongly condemn the violence that took place yesterday."

He’s so pathetic 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, 2Squirrels1Nut said:

Barr said it was a betrayal of office. Also known as treason? 

Link

Of course Barr did the same thing covering for Trump and letting him obstruct justice in the Mueller investigation. If he would have done his job Trump would have been removed then. 

Yep.

Watching these slimy cohorts try to walk it back now when it's no longer politically suitable to remain allied is nauseating.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
18 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:
35 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

Ashli Babbitt was not Antifa.

Richard Barnett in not Antifa.

Jake Angeli is not Antifa.

Are these two of the people that fell? 

Ashli Babitt is the woman who was shot and killed trying to break into the chamber.

Richard Barnett is the guy photographed in Pelosi's office.

Jake Angeli is the viking guy and known QAnon supporter.

1 minute ago, Death Bytes said:

So within the first 90 seconds, punches were being thrown between protestors and police and one officer was thrown on his back landing onto concrete stairs. 

Any court in the country would rule it was self defense if a bullet was fired during that. 

And I would agree with that and wouldnt have a problem with that and would defend any cop in that situation. 

Doesnt mean it should be the desired outcome and more often than not it isnt the outcome. As we have seen. Repeatedly. 

In real time during this it was perfectly acceptable to advocate for stronger response. You could make the argument that you dont know how thirsty for blood the group charging the capitol was. You dont know how armed they were. Etc.

But now that we know the results, I dont understand how anybody thinks they should have shot more people. The vast majority of these people were unarmed, (or if they were armed never drew weapons since I am sure somebody will argue they could have been concealed). 

If they were heavily armed and had intent to use, the moment a woman gets shot in the neck and it doesnt turn into a shooting fest should be enough proof that wasnt the case. 

But I also have zero problems with the shooting of her either since you dont know the actual intent or results until it is all finished so in the moment you make a decision.

• Thanks 1
Just now, 36Kevon said:

C’mon. You know what a trump supporter looks like. You can pick out who is who in that video. There were plenty of Trump supporters on tape yesterday doing bad things.  There is no need to play dumb to the other bad seeds that were there. 

can you please stop 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Death Bytes said:

You are right, and this is because of how social media works. Compare our discussion here on a forum to how Facebook works for example. On this forum, you see all posts. You see all opinions. You see the "group mentality" even though it is mixed with many different thoughts. You could filter some of it out by using the ignore feature, but you have to manually chose that. On facebook, that filtering is done for you. It automatically presents you with things it has learned you like. It does that because it wants you to come back as much as possible, and they know you will come back the more you see stuff you like, and less of the stuff you don't. So all these QAnon people are seeing their social media feeds filled with positive opinions about what happened yesterday and are completely isolated from the massive outrage the country is having as a whole. They are literally in their own little world right now, and have been for years for some of them. Which is a big factor in what led up to this happening. Many of the people there yesterday experience a social media world where everyone wants Trump to be president, because that's all they see in their social media feed. The election had to be stolen, because they don't see anyone wanting Biden. 

It does go both ways. Those who want Biden are overwhelmed in their social media feeds with pro-Biden stuff. It was just a matter of time before one side snapped as a result of this. I don't have a solution to social media on how to fix it, but it clearly is a problem that is destroying our democracy. But make no mistake, the QAnon movement did not die from what happened at all yesterday. They seriously and literally live in their own world. 

:goodposting:

I couldn't agree more. Social media, on balance, has had and is having a major negative impact on the way people interact and communicate. People on all sides of the political spectrum are increasingly unable and unwilling to acknowledge nuance or context with any issue anymore, and a huge part of that is 24/7 access to a worldwide navel-gazing hive mind that constantly reinforces our own personal beliefs.

and these people who broke into the Capitol yesterday should be arrested and locked up for a long time. I condemned the violence and looting that happened at many of the BLM protests this year and I feel the same way about these idiots and their reprehensible actions. I seriously hope this incident marks a death knell for much of Trump's popular support and will be the point where he starts a slide into irrelevance.

Edited by Possum
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, shader said:

I could be way off, but I think the Q movement died a total death yesterday.  That was their moment, the culmination, the best they could do.  

So now they realize there was no master plan, Trump was never really leading them to anything....they will delete their accounts and try to move on with their lives.

The events were probably a bit too shocking for most republicans.  I imagine many across the country saw it and were amazed at how far things went.  

So yeah, I don't think there will be anymore violence or issues over the next month.

But capital law enforcement kind of stunk up the joint yesterday and they need to figure out a better gameplan.  

I think you are way off. Yesterday's stunt will embolden them, not discourage them.

Not only did the President NOT condemn their act, but he even said "We love you" and "you're very special".

These people will not suddenly realize that their was no master plan. They will just adjust what the master plan is. And with Trump fueling their visions and egging them on (while simultaneously refusing to admit defeat), there's no end in sight.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Courtjester said:

:goodposting:

I completely agree with this. In both instances you had about 95% there that just wanted to participate and have their voices heard and then you had that other 5% who were just agitators looking for chaos. When they were clearing out the crowd last night you could see the old couples carrying their little Trump signs and the old vets with their flags. I am surprised there weren't buses from retirement homes picking them all up. 

I hope the people that got caught on camera inside the Capital get prosecuted to the hilt though. 

I made this point yesterday. 

And though I have been a staunch defender of the mainstream media and will continue to be one, I have to say that they were unfair to Trump supporters yesterday. Of those who protested only a small handful made up the mob who desecrated the Capitol. And the media grouped everyone together. That however does not relieve the President himself of responsibility. 

Edited by timschochet
  • Like 1
18 minutes ago, The Commish said:

I'm working on a new theory, but be kind...I'm not familiar with these whacked out conspiracy theories and not exactly sure how they work completely...here it goes.  The guys who were really antifa pretending to be MAGA guys are really MAGA guys who were pretending to be ANTIFA this summer and are now pretending to be MAGA guys....I think?  Yeah, that makes sense...let's go with it.

All I know is I see on my social media feed this pic of what appears to be the same guy dressed in Antifa garb this summer and is now dressed in MAGA garb today.  I give benefit of the doubt that it's the same guy even though I have no clue.  The FIRST question that pops into my head is, "How do I know this guy wasn't a MAGA guy pretending to be ANTIFA this summer and now is showing up in his true form?"  since there is plenty of evidence that this happened this summer.  I know it's not wise to bring logic to the conspiracy theories, but seriously, some of these people are amazing to watch...in a very scary way.

Oh that’s easy. Motive.  Antifa shows up at every protest because their motive is to incite violence, every protest is an opportunity. Trump supporter shows up a Trump rally/protest to, well, support Trump. 

Edited by 36Kevon

Apparently, the fun isn't over.  Tonight at 9pm, Trump is giving a broadcast exposing the entire thing.  All the child sex offenders, all the people in our government bought and paid for by foreign/domestic terrorists and all the people who were Antifa acting as MAGA people yesterday.

Of course, yesterday was supposed to be THE DAY where it was all exposed.  I guess he's running a little bit behind. :popcorn: 

i just saw a presser that they are going to build a 7 foot fence around the capital now so it looks like we will get a wall after all take that to the bank brohans 

• Like 3
  • Laughing 2
Just now, The Commish said:

Apparently, the fun isn't over.  Tonight at 9pm, Trump is giving a broadcast exposing the entire thing.  All the child sex offenders, all the people in our government bought and paid for by foreign/domestic terrorists and all the people who were Antifa acting as MAGA people yesterday.

Of course, yesterday was supposed to be THE DAY where it was all exposed.  I guess he's running a little bit behind. :popcorn: 

He did expose that Oprah doesn’t call him anymore. 

• Laughing 1
38 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

I think most of yesterday was incompetence by the police by not being prepared but I personally believe it’s naive to think if this had been a BLM rally that they would have been better prepared and show more force which would potentially have dissipated things much sooner or led to a larger more violent clash between the police and protesters - including more people being shot.

I have a really hard time believing they weren’t prepared or caught off guard.  I think they just didn’t care.  It’s possible it went farther than their intelligence expected but I’m quite sure our government knew who would be there and what their intentions were

11 minutes ago, gianmarco said:

Yep.

Watching these slimy cohorts try to walk it back now when it's no longer politically suitable to remain allied is nauseating.

The most disgusting part is there likely won’t be any repercussions for them.  Complicit for 4 years and guarantee they will all turn on him and denounce him now.  And they would have regardless of yesterday’s events 

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

Mods, are you really going to let people spread lies about Antifa on your site today to provide cover for right-wing terrorists?  One day after an actual insurrection?

For ####s sake it is not a mods responsibility to police delusional morons. We should be encouraging them to out themselves.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, 36Kevon said:

Oh that’s easy. Motive.  Antifa shows up at every protest because their motive is to incite violence, every protest is an opportunity. Trump supporter shows up a rally/protest to, well, support Trump. 

Yeah...I just can't dismiss reality to get to this point...I've tried :shrug:

Plenty of groups in the "Trump supporter" vein who are there just to make other groups look bad.  This is actually documented with evidence and everything.  So what you say here doesn't preclude what I said from being true.

2 minutes ago, SWC said:

i just saw a presser that they are going to build a 7 foot fence around the capital now so it looks like we will get a wall after all take that to the bank brohans 

A fence isn't a wall.  We've been over this.

• Thanks 1
Just now, timschochet said:

I made this point yesterday. 

And though I have been a staunch defender of the mainstream media and will continue to be one, I have to say that they were unfair to Trump supporters yesterday. Of those who protested only a small handful made up the mob who deactivated the Capitol. That however does not relieve the President himself of responsibility. 

So if you went to a protest and a riot broke out, you’d just stand there on the steps of the Capitol?  Anybody who was on those stairs or in the building were part of the mob and deserve our ridicule.  Anybody who backed off or left I’m cool with - even if I disagree with there protest.  But you are still talking about hundreds and hundreds (maybe thousands).

• Like 2
12 hours ago, gianmarco said:

That officer deserved a commendation.  He had no idea what those rioters were capable of.  Yet he stood there, with his stick, trying to protect politicians and staff.  Amazing.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, The Commish said:

Dude.  You know better than this.  Link?

7 minutes ago, The Commish said:

He must have changed plans because last night the Parler group was telling us Trump had been moved a military base in Texas and was going to unleash the Resurrection Insurrection Act (or something) after Pence confirmed Biden/Harris.

So hard to keep up sometimes.

Edited by Amused to Death

Ok, so let me get this straight

1/6 - BLM/Antifa did worse in their protests.  Also a lot of people were arrested at the Kav protests. What about them

1/7 - BLM Antifa infiltrated the crowd and did all the bad things.  We should look at them and condemn them.

Just now, culdeus said:

Ok, so let me get this straight

1/6 - BLM/Antifa did worse in their protests.  Also a lot of people were arrested at the Kav protests. What about them

1/7 - BLM Antifa infiltrated the crowd and did all the bad things.  We should look at them and condemn them.

Just stop entertaining this nonsense.  Ignore the trolls.  This is what the ignore function is for.

1 hour ago, Jayrod said:
1 hour ago, Thunderlips said:

I'd add telling everyone to walk down to the Capitol Building. 

I didn't know that.

Not only did Trump encourage his followers to swarm the Capitol, but he implied that he would be joining them:

"We're going to walk down Pennsylvania Avenue...and we're going to the Capitol...we're going to try and give our Republicans...the boldness they need to take back our country. So let's walk down Pennsylvania Avenue!"

(then he got into his limo and watched the events unfold from the safety of the White House)

• Laughing 1
3 minutes ago, The Commish said:

Yeah...I just can't dismiss reality to get to this point...I've tried :shrug:

Plenty of groups in the "Trump supporter" vein who are there just to make other groups look bad.  This is actually documented with evidence and everything.  So what you say here doesn't preclude what I said from being true.

You’re horribly wrong.  You’re pointing to a tiny subset of Trump supporters like the proud boys.  Trump supporters by and large do not attend other protests. Antifa has a single goal, every single member, it’s why they exist.  They attend every major protest. 

Again, plenty of Trump supporters were bad actors yesterday. They are caught on film. There is no need to ignore the other groups that were there. It won’t diminish it.