Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

January 6th - what will happen?


Maik Jeaunz

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, culdeus said:

Ok, so let me get this straight

1/6 - BLM/Antifa did worse in their protests.  Also a lot of people were arrested at the Kav protests. What about them

1/7 - BLM Antifa infiltrated the crowd and did all the bad things.  We should look at them and condemn them.

Not that I buy this but it’s the exact same claim that was used during the last “peaceful protests” but I think it was what white supremecists they claimed? I’m just curious, are both instances absurd or just now? 
 

I can’t tell you for fact if either is true but from the outside looking in it’s just the same lame excuses used by both sides. I’m a little worried for people that buy one story and meltdown over the other. 

Edited by GoBirds
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, culdeus said:

Ok, so let me get this straight

1/6 - BLM/Antifa did worse in their protests.  Also a lot of people were arrested at the Kav protests. What about them

1/7 - BLM Antifa infiltrated the crowd and did all the bad things.  We should look at them and condemn them.

Not quite. Condemn all illegal activity. Equal treatment. Fund the police to stop it. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, JAA said:

That officer deserved a commendation.  He had no idea what those rioters were capable of.  Yet he stood there, with his stick, trying to protect politicians and staff.  Amazing.

I also give mad props to Representative Tory Nehls (R) of Texas (a former sheriff). When they came to move everyone in the House to safety, he stayed behind with some other Texas Representatives who were ex-military to help quell the insurrection. He's the one in the blue shirt in the pictures with the agents defending the door with weapons drawn. He was interviewed on TV and said he tried calming people down speaking to them through the door. He said they were incredibly angry and would not listen to reason.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, The Commish said:

Yeah...I just can't dismiss reality to get to this point...I've tried :shrug:

Plenty of groups in the "Trump supporter" vein who are there just to make other groups look bad.  This is actually documented with evidence and everything.  So what you say here doesn't preclude what I said from being true.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/proud-boys-attend-january-6-dc-rally-incognito-all-black-2021-1%3famp

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, 2Squirrels1Nut said:

NOTHING ends this with the exception of Trump himself admitting he has been lying.   I'm not sure how we get to that point. 

 

Honestly, I don't think that ends it.  This goes much deeper than Trump.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Rich Conway said:

Dude.  You know better than this.  Link?

It's to crazy whackos that I have begun to "follow" again on facebook...I don't think you want to go there.  I don't even have the stomach to go the likes of parler...it's all I can do to keep these whackos visible to me on facebook for a little bit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CR69 said:

Lol it's the skinny guys that are antifa everyone. Who knew it was that easy to identify them and good thing they're not smart enough to wear clothes that aren't black!

So many of these right wing conspiracy theories are so overly simplistic and dumb that they remind me of the Nigerian Prince scam emails which are purposely misspelled to filter for targets who are easily fooled. 

'Hmmm.  Antifa = skinny guys in black.  Let's find some pictures that fit that profile.  That'll fool the unwitting.'  

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, urbanhack said:

Hey guys this group is coming to town, and we've know about it for a while, so we don't need to be on alert or prepare or anything.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/04/white-supremacists-terror-threat-dhs-409236

Nah, we good.  What kind of damage would a well-armed mob filled with hate do anyway?  They're harmless. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The President told MAGA to do it

MAGA said they were going to do it

MAGA filmed themselves doing it

Afterwards, MAGA bragged about it

Clearly, it was ANTIFA’s fault

  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
  • Laughing 4
  • Thinking 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, The Commish said:

It's to crazy whackos that I have begun to "follow" again on facebook...I don't think you want to go there.  I don't even have the stomach to go the likes of parler...it's all I can do to keep these whackos visible to me on facebook for a little bit.

You can find Enrico Tarrio's (Proud Boys) Parler page online. He wasn't present, but posted a lot of photos congratulating the boys inside the Capitol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, The Commish said:

It's to crazy whackos that I have begun to "follow" again on facebook...I don't think you want to go there.  I don't even have the stomach to go the likes of parler...it's all I can do to keep these whackos visible to me on facebook for a little bit.

If we haven't crossed the Rubicon yet with what happened yesterday, I'm truly afraid it might come if Trump decides his last shot is to go full bore on QAnon and do exactly what you posted hearing about. Claim everyone that's against him in government is part of a pedophile cabal, etc. and must be dealt with. Those people already have his ear to some degree -- it wouldn't matter whether he believes it is true, just that he could use it to make people "do what needs to be done" ie. keep him in power.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

Not that I buy this but it’s the exact same claim that was used during the last “peaceful protests” but I think it was what white supremecists they claimed? I’m just curious, are both instances absurd or just now? 
 

I can’t tell you for fact if either is true but from the outside looking in it’s just the same lame excuses used by both sides. I’m a little worried for people that buy one story and meltdown over the other. 

I dont buy it all. And I still wouldnt buy it if it was conclusively proven that the first couple guys through the doors had antifa tattoos and had been shown to be at protests all across the country. It is obviously a vastly right wing dominated event, if not 100% entirely. Finding video of one dude you think is antifa cant undo that. 

But I also think it is ridiculous that it happened earlier this year. I mean you had the governor of MN blatantly lying that this was all orchestrated from out of state. You had that same narrative in cities all over the country. 

At least I am consistent. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm old enough to remember yesterday, when I saw pictures of the capital building with Trump supporters and Trump flags literally hanging all over the building.  On the steps, climbing the roofs, in every available place.  They stood there waving those flags for hours. And now trying to claim it's Antifa?  I mean seriously cmon people. 

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, The Commish said:

It's to crazy whackos that I have begun to "follow" again on facebook...I don't think you want to go there.  I don't even have the stomach to go the likes of parler...it's all I can do to keep these whackos visible to me on facebook for a little bit.

Fair enough.  I don't do Facebook anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Captain Cranks said:

So many of these right wing conspiracy theories are so overly simplistic and dumb that they remind me of the Nigerian Prince scam emails which are purposely misspelled to filter for targets who are easily fooled. 

'Hmmm.  Antifa = skinny guys in black.  Let's find some pictures that fit that profile.  That'll fool the unwitting.'  

Nobody went and found that video to match anything.  It was posted as “when it all started” by regular PFS posters.  It must just be coincidence it was filled with skinny young white males dressed in all black with black back packs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, expo86 said:

If we haven't crossed the Rubicon yet with what happened yesterday, I'm truly afraid it might come if Trump decides his last shot is to go full bore on QAnon and do exactly what you posted hearing about. Claim everyone that's against him in government is part of a pedophile cabal, etc. and must be dealt with. Those people already have his ear to some degree -- it wouldn't matter whether he believes it is true, just that he could use it to make people "do what needs to be done" ie. keep him in power.

I think he's already kind of done that.  If your point is that he needs to actually do what the most extreme of his supporters want him to do, well that's just never going to work and is just fantasyland.  If he called the military, tried to declare martial law, or did anything of the sort...congress would have him impeached in 20 minutes.  

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, 36Kevon said:

You’re horribly wrong.  You’re pointing to a tiny subset of Trump supporters like the proud boys.  Trump supporters by and large do not attend other protests. Antifa has a single goal, every single member, it’s why they exist.  They attend every major protest. 
 

Again, plenty of Trump supporters were bad actors yesterday. They are caught on film. There is no need to ignore the other groups that were there. It won’t diminish it. 

Yeah....none of this has anything to do with anything I said in my initial comment.  You've lost sight of what you responded to initially.  This they don't know that we know that they know that they know we know stuff isn't addressed in any meaningful way.  This could EASILY be a case where a "Proud Boy" or whoever you want to pick from the fringe right to make you feel better was "acting" as someone else in the summer and is now being themselves....that's why these conspiracy theories are ###### up...people don't even think.

The ONLY thing we know in this vein as that there were people this summer claiming to be part of organizations they weren't part of to make those organizations look bad.  And the evidence is there to support it.  If the same happens here, we're good and back to "two sides of the same coin"...dismissing it and excusing it isn't appropriate at this moment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

The President told MAGA to do it

MAGA said they were going to do it

MAGA filmed themselves doing it

Afterwards, MAGA bragged about it

Clearly, it was ANTIFA’s fault

 

2 minutes ago, shader said:

I'm old enough to remember yesterday, when I saw pictures of the capital building with Trump supporters and Trump flags literally hanging all over the building.  On the steps, climbing the roofs, in every available place.  They stood there waving those flags for hours. And now trying to claim it's Antifa?  I mean seriously cmon people. 

Depends on what we are saying "It" is. 

"It" doesn't have to be either/or. It was a Trump group, to be sure. But that doesn't mean there weren't Antifa agitators among them. I would say that it is likely there were.

Be that as it may - It Doesn’t Matter if a Few of Them Were Antifa

Quote

But the hunt to find a few false-flaggers in a mob of the most deplorable segment of Trump supporters is a red herring. Even if some of them were there, it does not change what happened, or why. 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

The President told MAGA to do it

MAGA said they were going to do it

MAGA filmed themselves doing it

Afterwards, MAGA bragged about it

Clearly, it was ANTIFA’s fault

Skinny dudes in black.  Game, set, match, Libs.  

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, 36Kevon said:

  It must just be coincidence it was filled with skinny young white males dressed in all black with black back packs. 

“White males” were everywhere yesterday, that’s not a distinguishing characteristic.

So basically you’re just going on “skinny.”  
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

You can find Enrico Tarrio's (Proud Boys) Parler page online. He wasn't present, but posted a lot of photos congratulating the boys inside the Capitol.

unpossible.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, 36Kevon said:

Incognito?   With yellow “PB” on every shirt?  
 

Now these guys match stereotypical to Trump supporters. Compare them to the guys in the video posted earlier. It’s not rocket science. 

Try reading what it says and looking at the dates 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

I dont buy it all. And I still wouldnt buy it if it was conclusively proven that the first couple guys through the doors had antifa tattoos and had been shown to be at protests all across the country. It is obviously a vastly right wing dominated event, if not 100% entirely. Finding video of one dude you think is antifa cant undo that. 

But I also think it is ridiculous that it happened earlier this year. I mean you had the governor of MN blatantly lying that this was all orchestrated from out of state. You had that same narrative in cities all over the country. 

At least I am consistent. 

This is basically where I’m at, it was pathetic in MN and if it’s being done again it’s just as pathetic. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

I will admit that it does feel like there’s something to the whole “real Americans aren’t skinny” idea but I just can’t put my finger on it.

No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Antifa are like flies - they'll be ANYWHERE there's poop. 

There was a lot of poop storming the capital yesterday that’s for sure 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

 

But I also think it is ridiculous that it happened earlier this year. I mean you had the governor of MN blatantly lying that this was all orchestrated from out of state. You had that same narrative in cities all over the country. 

 

We have proof that at least a small subset of people who were looting/setting fires were in fact part of right wing militia groups. There were actual charges brought against the Boogaloo Bois.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

I dont buy it all. And I still wouldnt buy it if it was conclusively proven that the first couple guys through the doors had antifa tattoos and had been shown to be at protests all across the country. It is obviously a vastly right wing dominated event, if not 100% entirely. Finding video of one dude you think is antifa cant undo that. 

But I also think it is ridiculous that it happened earlier this year. I mean you had the governor of MN blatantly lying that this was all orchestrated from out of state. You had that same narrative in cities all over the country. 

At least I am consistent. 

He wasn't lying: https://m.startribune.com/charges-boogaloo-bois-fired-on-mpls-precinct-shouted-justice-for-floyd/572843802/

They charged a guy from Texas who claimed to be Boogaloo for starting the police precinct fire and shooting an AK47 at the building.

They have texts of him bragging about it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, The Commish said:

Yeah....none of this has anything to do with anything I said in my initial comment.  You've lost sight of what you responded to initially.  This they don't know that we know that they know that they know we know stuff isn't addressed in any meaningful way.  This could EASILY be a case where a "Proud Boy" or whoever you want to pick from the fringe right to make you feel better was "acting" as someone else in the summer and is now being themselves....that's why these conspiracy theories are ###### up...people don't even think.

The ONLY thing we know in this vein as that there were people this summer claiming to be part of organizations they weren't part of to make those organizations look bad.  And the evidence is there to support it.  If the same happens here, we're good and back to "two sides of the same coin"...dismissing it and excusing it isn't appropriate at this moment.

Link to anyone dismissing or excusing anything.  I think you’re confusing this forum with your FB feed. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

I will admit that it does feel like there’s something to the whole “real Americans aren’t skinny” idea but I just can’t put my finger on it.

 

1 minute ago, 2Squirrels1Nut said:

No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of.

You can say what you want about the tenets of national socialism but at least it's an ethos.

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, The Commish said:

Apparently, the fun isn't over.  Tonight at 9pm, Trump is giving a broadcast exposing the entire thing.  All the child sex offenders, all the people in our government bought and paid for by foreign/domestic terrorists and all the people who were Antifa acting as MAGA people yesterday.

Of course, yesterday was supposed to be THE DAY where it was all exposed.  I guess he's running a little bit behind. :popcorn: 

Well, in his defense, he did kinda have a full plate yesterday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, shader said:

I think he's already kind of done that.  If your point is that he needs to actually do what the most extreme of his supporters want him to do, well that's just never going to work and is just fantasyland.  If he called the military, tried to declare martial law, or did anything of the sort...congress would have him impeached in 20 minutes.  

 

Yeah, you're right that's he's already kind of there. I guess what I'm worried about is whether he reaches a point where he steps past the "wink and nod" allusions to what the Q crazies believe and just straight up says "it's all true" etc. I don't think he'd be able to get the military to be involved (at least in any formal fashion), but I don't know if that would ultimately matter in terms of how much of a disaster it could be. Just say something like "the military leadership has failed us, only we can do what needs to be done." If we reached that point (which I want to believe is even a step too far for these people), I don't think impeachment has any real effect on what happens past that point.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, The Commish said:
16 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

You can find Enrico Tarrio's (Proud Boys) Parler page online. He wasn't present, but posted a lot of photos congratulating the boys inside the Capitol.

unpossible.....

Well apparently the Proud Boys and Antifa are friends now. He certainly was happy with what they accomplished and seemed quite please with their work.

Antifa and Proud Boys, Dogs and cats...all living in harmony. There may be hope for us yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

I will admit that it does feel like there’s something to the whole “real Americans aren’t skinny” idea but I just can’t put my finger on it.

paging: @littleguysinabigcoat

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

I will admit that it does feel like there’s something to the whole “real Americans aren’t skinny” idea but I just can’t put my finger on it.

it reminds me of that that simpsons episode where they announce springfield is the fattest city in america and homer shouts in your face milwaukee take that to the bank brohans 

  • Like 5
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

Ashli Babitt is the woman who was shot and killed trying to break into the chamber.

Richard Barnett is the guy photographed in Pelosi's office.

Jake Angeli is the viking guy and known QAnon supporter.

So per Trump's prior statements, Barnett belongs in prison for 10 years minimum, right?  By his own admittance, he vandalized a federal office.  If nothing else, Barnett has to face criminal penalties for his actions.  

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

:lol:

NEW: A Maryland company has terminated one of its employees after he was apparently captured in a picture during the mob riot in the Capitol yesterday. @wbaltv11

 

Guy was wearing his company badge on a lanyard...

  • Laughing 6
  • Thinking 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you don’t see a difference in how yesterday’s violence was treated vs BLM protesters then you’re being willfully obtuse.

No way BLM could have stormed a federal building and sat in Nancy freakin Pelosi’s office. Get real. 
 

And the idiot who was shot and killed attempted to force her way into an area that Congress members were being held. 
 

BLM isn’t a perfect organization by any means. I’m personally not a fan. However TPTB always sends out tanks and rubber bullets whoever there’s a protest. 
 

And that is America. It’s the ugly truth.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Desert_Power said:

52 arrested, 6 weapons recovered at U.S. Capitol riot

The Washington, D.C., police chief says at least six weapons have been recovered, dozens of people have been arrested and 14 police officers have been hurt so far in Wednesday’s pro-Trump riot.

The mostly maskless crowd stormed the Capitol earlier Wednesday as lawmakers were meeting to certify President-elect Joe Biden’s win. One woman was shot and later pronounced dead.

Police Chief Robert Contee called the attack a riot.

Mayor Muriel Bowser earlier declared a 6 p.m. curfew.

As darkness began to set in, law enforcement officials were working their way toward the protesters, using percussion grenades to try to clear the area around the Capitol. Big clouds of tear gas were visible.

Police were in full riot gear. They moved down the West steps, clashing with demonstrators.

Officials say the Capitol was cleared by 8 p.m., when Congress reconvened.

By 9:30 p.m., 52 people had been arrested. Four were taken into custody on suspicion of carrying pistols without licenses, one for alleged possession of prohibited weapon and 47 on suspicion of curfew and unlawful entry violations, Contee said.

Of those detained, 26 were arrested on Capitol grounds.  

Authorities also recovered two pipe bombs — one each at the Democratic National Committee and Republican National Committee headquarters. 

A cooler containing a long gun and Molotov cocktails were also seized at the Capitol. And six firearms were recovered Wednesday, in addition to three the night before, according to Contee.

Fourteen D.C. police officers were injured in the unrest, including two who remained hospitalized Wednesday night.

One officer suffered serious injuries after he was pulled into a crowd and assaulted, while the other hospitalized sustained significant facial injuries from being struck by a projectile, Contee said.

So peaceful protest?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Sinn Fein said:

:lol:

NEW: A Maryland company has terminated one of its employees after he was apparently captured in a picture during the mob riot in the Capitol yesterday. @wbaltv11

 

Guy was wearing his company badge on a lanyard...

What an idiot. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
  • Create New...