What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

January 6th - what will happen? (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ghost Rider said:
His hardcore supporters feeling betrayed by his words tonight is the best thing that could happen for America, as it would make it harder for him to keep riling them up once he is out of office, but I suspect any feelings of betrayal will be fleeting; all it will take are a few kind words from him again and they will be back in the fold.  So, in short, yeah, it will remain a major concern. 
For many of them, Q is their hero. Trump is simply their politician of choice because Q says so. 

That last part is the only reason he did it, so keep your middle fingers in the air. 
Yeah - best doesn’t mean good but if only he could have acted like that for four years.  I’d even be happy to have ignored that lie at the beginning.  I wonder if he did it more for future aspirations for his kids than for the next 2 weeks.

Yeah - best doesn’t mean good but if only he could have acted like that for four years.  I’d even be happy to have ignored that lie at the beginning.  I wonder if he did it more for future aspirations for his kids than for the next 2 weeks.
He’s got to be able to fundraise for the 2024 campaign so he can divert the funds to his upcoming legal battles.

This was obviously written for him and he was essentially forced to say it. Wouldn’t surprise me if there was discussion saying “you either do this or we’re invoking the 25th amendment”.

I hate that he’s made me so cynical, but I’d say the odds that he says something within the next month totally nullifying anything positive in this speech is pretty high. Hopefully it’s at least after he’s out of office but if it happens tomorrow, it wouldn’t be the first time he completely flip flops on a forced speech a day later.

This was obviously written for him and he was essentially forced to say it. Wouldn’t surprise me if there was discussion saying “you either do this or we’re invoking the 25th amendment”.

I hate that he’s made me so cynical, but I’d say the odds that he says something within the next month totally nullifying anything positive in this speech is pretty high. Hopefully it’s at least after he’s out of office but if it happens tomorrow, it wouldn’t be the first time he completely flip flops on a forced speech a day later.
I guess you missed Hogan’s press conference right after it was released then

Huh.  I know Betsy from our college days together (and her husband, **** DeVos, from many years at church and a few years in high school), so I know she has a strong faith background.  For all that Trump has said and done that should have caused her to speak up or act ...now she resigns?  Unimpressed.  
Like rats fleeing a sinking ship. 

Huh.  I know Betsy from our college days together (and her husband, **** DeVos, from many years at church and a few years in high school), so I know she has a strong faith background.  For all that Trump has said and done that should have caused her to speak up or act ...now she resigns?  Unimpressed.  
Just to play devil's advocate - if you had to rank all the horrible things Trump has done, where would you put the events yesterday?

I'm sure you see where I'm going with this - if you believe yesterday was Trump at his worst then theoretically it could lead to someone saying enough is enough - especially with that woman dying. 

*I say this with all the obvious caveats - Trump was horrible before yesterday, should have never been elected, DeVos never should have held her position and was a horrible Sec. of Education.  Just playing devil's advocate on how it could be explained.  And yes, I'm not impressed it.  Honestly, I'm only slightly surprised.

It's amazing the half attempt at martyrdom for that woman who was killed in the Capitol that's coming from FOX tonight.  I think the Big Right media has been so blindingly Pro-Trump these past 5 years...it's going to take them some time to re-calibrate and come back to their traditional talking points.  

• Smile
Reactions: JAA
Just to play devil's advocate - if you had to rank all the horrible things Trump has done, where would you put the events yesterday?

I'm sure you see where I'm going with this - if you believe yesterday was Trump at his worst then theoretically it could lead to someone saying enough is enough - especially with that woman dying. 

*I say this with all the obvious caveats - Trump was horrible before yesterday, should have never been elected, DeVos never should have held her position and was a horrible Sec. of Education.  Just playing devil's advocate on how it could be explained.  And yes, I'm not impressed it.  Honestly, I'm only slightly surprised.
Yeah, good point.  His sedition yesterday is arguably at the top of the list, although the drawn out lack of Covid response rates up there as well, given the unnecessary deaths that have occurred.  It will be interesting to hear the behind-the-scenes stories in the months and years to come.

eta:

@AAABatteries - hey, GB, I happened to see quotes from DeVos' resignation letter.  Of note (with emphasis added):

1) She called the riots "unconscionable," and contrary to the president's efforts to downplay his role in fomenting the unrest, DeVos said she believed "there is no mistaking the impact your rhetoric had on the situation, and it is the inflection point for me."  This gets to your point that this recent action was a tipping point.

2) While DeVos said the job had been "the honor of a lifetime," she expressed concern for the nation's children: "They are learning from us. I believe we each have a moral obligation to exercise good judgment and model the behavior we hope they would emulate."  And that was my original thought ..that she's had many opportunities to take a moral stand.  As you note, she shouldn't have been there in the first place, either due to lack of ability as well as partnering with a man of such little character.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Future Champs said:
I read the thread.  No one mocked him. No one even discussed him.

CR69 said:
Here are two I found in about 2 minutes:

What ever could he have been overcompensating for with those weapons?

I guess those rifles weren’t much defense against his arch nemesis: Stairs

Then not really mocking as much as disgusting:

Good riddance

Next time you try to call me out or suggest I'm wrong spend more than 4 seconds reading up on it.

Good riddance

Next time you try to call me out or suggest I'm wrong spend more than 4 seconds reading up on it.
Pretty sure he meant this thread.  I think you two are talking past each other as I think you meant the Twitter thread.

• Thanks
Ghost Rider said:
Death Bytes said:
My concern is his supporters. They're not going anywhere. 
His hardcore supporters feeling betrayed by his words tonight is the best thing that could happen for America, as it would make it harder for him to keep riling them up once he is out of office, but I suspect any feelings of betrayal will be fleeting; all it will take are a few kind words from him again and they will be back in the fold.  So, in short, yeah, it will remain a major concern. 
Imagine how pissed off you would be if you went to DC, charged the capitol building at his command, put yourself at risk and might be hurt, arrested, lose your job or worse, then the very next day he concedes and calls you a criminal. I don't really know what Q is, but if Q decides Trump is now a Deep State bad guy, I think the crazies turn on him in a second just like they did with Pence, Kemp, etc.  And to be clear, by "crazies" I'm talking about a small percentage of the crowd there yesterday, but they are the ones we see and hear the most.

Good riddance

I'm not trying to take sides here but I don't see those replies either. :unsure:

Eta: I see some karma's and "good father's" now

Last edited by a moderator:

Good riddance

Are you complaining to us about the people on Twitter? Seriously?

Interesting reports how the DoD basically restricted assistance from outside agencies and strongly limited what the capital police were allowed to do. I will be really interested to see how this looks once all the investigation is done but it shows how very easy it would be for a President or the head of the DoD to take Congress hostage and make an actual coup. Hopefully we learn from this and react strongly so we don’t see a more serious attempt by someone in the future. 

Interesting reports how the DoD basically restricted assistance from outside agencies and strongly limited what the capital police were allowed to do. I will be really interested to see how this looks once all the investigation is done but it shows how very easy it would be for a President or the head of the DoD to take Congress hostage and make an actual coup. Hopefully we learn from this and react strongly so we don’t see a more serious attempt by someone in the future. 
Yeah. This is something we can learn from for sure. I'm also interested in eventually hearing the real story here. Was DoD taking a purposefully passive role and if so, why?

The only thing that saved yesterday from turning out even worse was the fact the mob was so incompetent.  Throw 20 well armed insurrectionists into the mix and things turn out much differently.  Thankfully this has been the band that can’t shoot straight for awhile now.

Yeah. This is something we can learn from for sure. I'm also interested in eventually hearing the real story here. Was DoD taking a purposefully passive role and if so, why?
I will be mucho surprised if we don’t find out the Acting Def Sec didn’t do this at Trump’s behest.  There’s a reason Trump put out the video tonight.

Some comments from Gov Hogan. https://twitter.com/robertmackey/status/1347385109150748673?s=21

The only thing that saved yesterday from turning out even worse was the fact the mob was so incompetent.  Throw 20 well armed insurrectionists into the mix and things turn out much differently.  Thankfully this has been the band that can’t shoot straight for awhile now.
Yep and there definitely seemed like some cops were at least highly sympathetic if not helpful. What a fascinating and insane day it was. 

Your post doesn't make any sense. What do you mean they were incompetent?  

More info

It will definitely be interesting to parse through the full story. I’ll say that the idea of there being concern of the optics of sending armed military into the Capitol building carries some weight for me. That seems like a legitimate reason to have hesitated in the moment.

It doesn’t explain why other police/security was so inadequate to begin with.

I'm seeing reports that Lt. Gen. Honore is not mincing words in an 11th Hour interview.

https://twitter.com/terrypdx1/status/1347405737601888261?s=19

More info

It will definitely be interesting to parse through the full story. I’ll say that the idea of there being concern of the optics of sending armed military into the Capitol building carries some weight for me. That seems like a legitimate reason to have hesitated in the moment.

It doesn’t explain why other police/security was so inadequate to begin with.
“Legitimate”? Only for those who prioritize optics over officer safety and safeguarding our Capitol and democratic election. And if we’re being honest, the optics most feared were political... arrests and shooting of people wearing MAGA hats/shirts was intolerable.

Reports are saying that he had returned to his precinct, then collapsed. Still no official word on how he was injured.
From those details my guess is that he experienced a head trauma with external injuries that were minor but caused an internal brain bleed.

• Sad
I'll take "two things that have nothing to do with one another but will be used for political hackery" for $200, Alex.
I guess they are probably the last 2 attacks on a US Government building? Maybe I’m forgetting something though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread