What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

January 6th - what will happen? (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not trying to be gruesome and the video doesn't get graphic but does show the events leading up to and including the shooting of Ashli Babbitt. I had seen stills but this really puts it into perspective. I just feel overwhelming that this could have been avoided. I know, all of it could but this one particular act, just so senseless and a waste. There is a lot of fail in this short clip. The three rent-a-cops, I feel for them against that mob but what prompts them to move when they did and lastly, I wonder how close the tactical officers were when the event occurred, meaning were they standing in the background watching or where they rushing there to bolster security and just arrived on scene after the shooting?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/2021/01/08/ashli-babbitt-shooting-video-capitol/

Sorry if this has been hashed out in here already, can't keep up with the pages.
Capitol police are not rent a cops.
You can also see in the full streamer video that someone posted here that the streamer is telling those three regular uniformed cops that they should leave so they don't get hurt. "There's tons of people coming man" "I saw some of you outside get hurt, I don't want that to happen to you" "we'll make a path so you can go."

So the 5 deaths were:

-The officer that reportedly got struck in the head with a fire extinguisher

-The woman who was shot by Capitol Police

-The man who was attempting to steal a painting, accidentally tasered himself in the genitals, and triggered a heart attack/stroke

-The woman who was carrying a “Don’t Tread On Me” flag that was trampled to death and

-A 5th person who is rumored to have fallen off of scaffolding while trying to break into the 2nd floor with zip-tie like restraints on his person

That’s a lot of chaos and nonsensical death.

You can also see in the full streamer video that someone posted here that the streamer is telling those three regular uniformed cops that they should leave so they don't get hurt. "There's tons of people coming man" "I saw some of you outside get hurt, I don't want that to happen to you" "we'll make a path so you can go."
He said that every time they encountered law enforcement.

I noticed those doors also had chairs on the other side as a barricade. Then there's the officer off to the side with the gun who shot. My guess is that passage way was a key place to draw a line because of where Congressmen and Senators were. (As someone who is totally ignorant about security, I'd think you'd want to draw that line and the entrance to the entire building, but maybe this was it.) A few minutes earlier in that video, that group was packed in a tight hallway leading to doors. They couldn't get through those doors and left to go around where Ashli was shot. I wonder if those previous doors were the main entrance to the House Chamber where that famous photo was taken with security pointing guns at the door and had a large piece of furnishing barricading it. If so, then my guess is the route they took around the side and the doors where Ashli was shot was simply a line they just couldn't let people pass for fear of harm coming to elected officials.

So the 5 deaths were:

-The man who was attempting to steal a painting, accidentally tasered himself in the genitals, and triggered a heart attack/stroke

-The woman who was carrying a “Don’t Tread On Me” flag that was trampled to death and

-A 5th person who is rumored to have fallen off of scaffolding while trying to break into the 2nd floor with zip-tie like restraints on his person

Did anyone else read this like they were hearing Jim from The Office say it, or was that just me. 

I've heard the following via word-of-mouth a few times over the years, and someone on CNN yesterday morning was discussing it as well:

There were four days between Richard Nixon realizing he didn't have the votes in the Senate to avoid acquittal (8/5/1974 upon the public release of "the smoking gun" tape) and his effective resignation date (8/9/1974). Over those four days, White House Chief of Staff Alexander Haig instituted strict orders over several federal departments that any command given or request made by Nixon needed to be cleared through Haig. This was meant to be the fail-safe against Nixon doing something irreversible (e.g. launching nukes).

I believe (but don't know) that Trump is in a similar state now that Nixon was then. I believe (but don't know) that, for instance, Trump no longer has unchecked executive control over any federal department.

Haig sure was the “LARGE and IN CHARGE” type it seems.

So the 5 deaths were:

Wow. I did not know about 3/5, but holy ####

Twitter just banned Flynn and Sidney and a ton of Q accounts. Rumors that Apple is gonna ban parler soon.  Total crackdown by big tech to keep the conspiracy theorists on fringes of internet where they used to be. Makes sense too.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I've heard the following via word-of-mouth a few times over the years, and someone on CNN yesterday morning was discussing it as well:

There were four days between Richard Nixon realizing he didn't have the votes in the Senate to avoid acquittal (8/5/1974 upon the public release of "the smoking gun" tape) and his effective resignation date (8/9/1974). Over those four days, White House Chief of Staff Alexander Haig instituted strict orders over several federal departments that any command given or request made by Nixon needed to be cleared through Haig. This was meant to be the fail-safe against Nixon doing something irreversible (e.g. launching nukes).

I believe (but don't know) that Trump is in a similar state now that Nixon was then. I believe (but don't know) that, for instance, Trump no longer has unchecked executive control over any federal department.

Do you remember who on CNN said this yesterday? 
No, I caught it on the car radio and didn't hear the whole thing.

EDIT: If it helps, it was not long after after 8 a.m. Central., Thursday January 7th.

EDIT2: Also, it was a guest being interviewed, not one of the hosts.

Twitter just banned Flynn and Sidney and a ton of Q accounts. Rumors that Apple is gonna ban parler soon.  Total crackdown by big tech to keep the conspiracy theorists on fringes of internet where they used to be. Makes sense too.  
That could get really interesting.  Will Samsung come pre-configured with TikTok and Parler?

This might not sound appropriate, but I believe with some of the bigger conspiracy theorists and the Q crowd that you are dealing with a certain element of mental illness.  I don't think its healthy to give them a platform (or validation in the Presidents case) to bounce conspiracy theories off of each other and to convince themselves that their delusions are real.

It's really sad and I feel that a lot of them were really taken advantage of.

Lachlan Markay @lachlan

Twitter's QAnon purge is doing a number on Rudy's following

:lol:   screenshots showing all the accounts that Rudy is no longer following after the purge.

• Laughing
Reactions: Ned
Three others are dead: from being trampled and two medical incidents, one of them may involve the taser the insurrectionist brought with him going off, resulting in a self-tasing that led to a heart-attack
Does anybody know if this is true???

This might not sound appropriate, but I believe with some of the bigger conspiracy theorists and the Q crowd that you are dealing with a certain element of mental illness.  I don't think its healthy to give them a platform (or validation in the Presidents case) to bounce conspiracy theories off of each other and to convince themselves that their delusions are real.

There's nothing inappropriate about saying that all. I think mental illness isn't discussed enough. You don't have to be a psychiatrist to give some leeway and understanding to those with mental illness. Instead we ignore it as being a taboo subject, so much so that those suffering from it feel unwelcome in society, which tends to drive them to "safe" places, such as those that feed them confirmation of their thoughts.  And then the flames just get fanned. 

The issue is that these guys led millions into believing their conspiracy theories.  And by the end, the alt-right had merged with Q and had basically become one.  Even now there are some that think Trump still has a master plan he's about to unleash and it all culminated in tens of thousands being in DC a month after they had lost, with designs on "stopping the steal" yet no coordinated plan of attack.  What on earth could they have even done?  No one gave them a gameplan, they just came.

I think Wednesday scared the crap out of twitter and facebook because, let's face it, without those two social media companies, Wednesday never would have happened.  

The difficulty for those companies is that it has to be very difficult to determine what is truth and what is not truth.  

He said that every time they encountered law enforcement.

I noticed those doors also had chairs on the other side as a barricade. Then there's the officer off to the side with the gun who shot. My guess is that passage way was a key place to draw a line because of where Congressmen and Senators were. (As someone who is totally ignorant about security, I'd think you'd want to draw that line and the entrance to the entire building, but maybe this was it.) A few minutes earlier in that video, that group was packed in a tight hallway leading to doors. They couldn't get through those doors and left to go around where Ashli was shot. I wonder if those previous doors were the main entrance to the House Chamber where that famous photo was taken with security pointing guns at the door and had a large piece of furnishing barricading it. If so, then my guess is the route they took around the side and the doors where Ashli was shot was simply a line they just couldn't let people pass for fear of harm coming to elected officials.
Yeah, those doors are the doors to the Speaker's Lobby, which opens directly onto the lower house floor by the Speaker's chair. They were basically directly next to House members at that point.

The issue is that these guys led millions into believing their conspiracy theories.  And by the end, the alt-right had merged with Q and had basically become one.  Even now there are some that think Trump still has a master plan he's about to unleash.

I think Wednesday scared the crap out of twitter and facebook because, let's face it, without those two social media companies, Wednesday never would have happened.  

The difficulty for those companies is that it has to be very difficult to determine what is truth and what is not truth.  
Pretty sure they have enough data now that they could do things like conclude that anything that such and such says is likely BS.

In fact, they started doing that around this time on Wednesday.

Yeah, those doors are the doors to the Speaker's Lobby, which opens directly onto the lower house floor by the Speaker's chair. They were basically directly next to House members at that point.
Just curious, do you just know that because you know the building or has that been reported?

Not trying to be gruesome and the video doesn't get graphic but does show the events leading up to and including the shooting of Ashli Babbitt. I had seen stills but this really puts it into perspective. I just feel overwhelming that this could have been avoided. I know, all of it could but this one particular act, just so senseless and a waste. There is a lot of fail in this short clip. The three rent-a-cops, I feel for them against that mob but what prompts them to move when they did and lastly, I wonder how close the tactical officers were when the event occurred, meaning were they standing in the background watching or where they rushing there to bolster security and just arrived on scene after the shooting?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/2021/01/08/ashli-babbitt-shooting-video-capitol/

Sorry if this has been hashed out in here already, can't keep up with the pages.
@dgreen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread